April 28, 2024, 01:49:19 AM

Author Topic: dwight yorke commentary on stoke v villa  (Read 10739 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: dwight yorke commentary on stoke v villa
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 02:46:18 PM »
Not sure who is getting Yorke these gigs though, his vocabulary and grammar are not up to scratch.

Wait? You jus mash up Yorkie dey?  ;D

Sky might as well hire Dave Lamy  ;D

Nah yuh takin a joke 2 far.

Don't take my word for it...
http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&thread=68867
http://community.betfair.com/football/go/thread/view/94070/25840517/Dwight_Yorke?pg=1

and..
http://toptopblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/

"Because I was doing the game for work I watched the game on Sky but with the commentary from Radio 5Live (a good 3-4 seconds in front by the way, for future reference), meaning that I largely missed out on the genius of Dwight Yorke as Sky’s co-commentator. Keys and Gray were both chuckling to themselves when they introduced Yorke at the start of the game and, judging from what other people have said about his commentary, it’s easy to see why as Yorke apparently struggled to put together a sentence for the whole 90 minutes. Verbatim, here are his comments for when Kenwynne Jones went down with a knock: “He might have got a knock on his head but…the Rasta…the deadlocks…knocked his…lots and lots of hair there…”. And when Stoke equalised: “Again the goal…a fantastic header…and…a fantastic…celebration…there…”. I mean, come on Sky, surely you’d conduct a basic speaking test before you employ someone a co-commentator?"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:53:35 PM by Ryan »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 02:48:11 PM »
I'll invite you to read what I wrote again.

I eh getting in you and rico (or Small Mag, for that matter) business... but rico have a point.  Is one thing to offer criticism, but to dismiss a player as a "shithong" when you yuhself never put on ah shirt past de primary school level is kinda ridiculous.  But is de internet so everybody free to assume whatever persona suits them.

Doh let yuh insecurities about who right or think they right cloud yuh intepretation of what is actually written.
[/quote]

i not looking for no argument with u...we all know small mag eh play no major ball but u said that basically somebody who eh put on a shirt past primary school shouldnt call anybody a shithong...u have a point but then u have to go deal will millions of fans who do that everyday...brazil is a perfect example...my point is men allowed to talk even if they cant do better, even rico realize he was ah lil overboard with is comment.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:
ah man(from ah lil caribbean country no less) plyin he trade in the EPL, getting English ppl to argue & discuss his qualities or lack there of...an to some knowlegable men-to-be Trinis, he can still be termed ah "shitong"...and the biggest joke is, ppl must give the so called expert critic nuff respect, because dah's the man-to-be opinion... :rotfl: :rotfl:

no wonder youths today doh respect nobody.....not my kids, they go have respect for everybody, everywhere still, good & bad ppl, including everyone on this site, until at the time when determined dis-respectful ppl change their opinion by constant demonstration and lack of respect for themselves and others, up till then it's both their's(my family & friends) and mine choices.....so far, they going good, without to much intervention, ah still have plenty wuk to do doh...as me mum(d real one) say, "ah parent wuk doh ever dun, pass it on".....she does make sure ah pass it on all the time...but dah is juss my personal opinion...doh really mean nuttin  ;D
  :yapping: :yawning:  :sleepy:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »
I watched the game and I was laughing at just how bad a co-commentator he was. I don't think he's going to become a regular for Sky

he couldn't remember some of the players' names, kept calling Albrighton "Albright"

kept losing his, err, err, train of, err, thought

overuse of the words "Fantastic" and "bitterly disappointed"

my two favourite Yorkeisms from the game were:

"Great ball from Elkington. That will give the world confidence" followed by "I can't see Stoke scoring" (30 seconds later Kenwyne does the business  ;D)

it was the worst 90 minutes co-commentating I've ever heard on any channel ever

Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
I watched the game and I was laughing at just how bad a co-commentator he was. I don't think he's going to become a regular for Sky

he couldn't remember some of the players' names, kept calling Albrighton "Albright"

kept losing his, err, err, train of, err, thought

overuse of the words "Fantastic" and "bitterly disappointed"

my two favourite Yorkeisms from the game were:

"Great ball from Elkington. That will give the world confidence" followed by "I can't see Stoke scoring" (30 seconds later Kenwyne does the business  ;D)

it was the worst 90 minutes co-commentating I've ever heard on any channel ever

I was hoping someone else would say it  :D

The man just could not string his cliches together.

And my favourite re-christening of a player last night was Nigel Reo-Cocoa  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »
i not looking for no argument with u...we all know small mag eh play no major ball but u said that basically somebody who eh put on a shirt past primary school shouldnt call anybody a shithong...u have a point but then u have to go deal will millions of fans who do that everyday...brazil is a perfect example...my point is men allowed to talk even if they cant do better, even rico realize he was ah lil overboard with is comment.

Do I have to direct you to yet a third reading?

But is de internet so everybody free to assume whatever persona suits them.

To break it down for you, since yuh didn't get it... if man want to carry on like some expert or professional on de internet they free to do it.  So all this talk you bringing about man could talk even if they can't do better is just redundantly re-stating what I said.  I will maintain however that the casual fan is hardly ever in a position to evaluate a professional athlete's abilities.  Men free to call players shithongs if they want because is their computer and their internet.  However, this is not the first time I've taken issue with it and it won't be the last. 

Sorry if yuh find that that doh really work fuh you.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »
BNS,

i wasnt talking about casual fans, anyway, either way i doh care who criticize or don't criticize...to each his own.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »
Aye Allyu,cut the guy some slack,he learning, just feel glad for him that he getting opportunities to elevate himself to another level,it's the reason why our locals struggle at the higher levels because they don't get the exposure/experience,how will we improve as a people if we don't expose ourselves to what's available out there on a regular basis. 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2010, 06:33:59 PM »
......Yeah and you would fit the bill as the permanent secretary. BC no one on here more simplistic and childish as you. yuh even won the award for the most annoying member beating back ppl like AB trini, maxG and elan. so i'm sure yuhs ah shoe in for the PS post in the ministry of annoyance!

Damn weary, ah didn't know ah was in the running, and ah didn't even let lose the campaign machine yet...maybe next year ah go bribe the selector, but this year, look like ah back benching   ;D :rotfl:

an here I thought meh brethren dem woulda big meh up, all over the Internet...well we is nobody ...so it go gyul, so it go....  :-[

lol I nearly dead when i see that piece ah lyrics lol
Jus Cool your name does confuse meh cuz yuh does get hot under the collar really fast.
My 15 cents is this ... there is a difference between critiquing a man and criticizing him.
So if Yorke say de man need to work on his shooting and anticipation ... I mean you doh think he needs to do this? If the man was to take this critique and went home and work on he shooting and anticipation and improve... isn't that a useful thing for him to hear?

KJ shooting is not of the best and he doesn't anticipate very well ...ah next thing catch me I think the most goals KJ had for a season might have been 16 in one season for Southampton I believe. In your opinion he established by having 10 -12 goals a season ... that is mediocrity ... no man should ever accept that.

Its not like the man say KJ playing shit cuz he and Rooney meet up with terry and running hos that's why he playing shit ... is constructive criticism and is nothing that we wouldn't tell him to his face.

And you go tell us about Latas and them boy ting that we doh already know? Them bwoy aint no saint we always knew that ... but this aint about judging men about they moral fiber is simply bout judging men about BALL ..... and latas and yorke could ball........you think Cole , Rooney and Terry woulda get so much stick bout they hoes if they shit team was winning the world cup...?

Oh yeah one more thing yorkie score 29 goals and had 23 assists the treble season in 99 and 23 goals the following season and all this time he was always around 20 for villa in the years before...... the man know about shooting and anticipation ... men making more money now because of the economics of the thing not because of the quality of the player ... Toure making 221000 pounds a week ... not like I doh think the brother decent but he def aint worth that.

All of us here because one way or the other football does affect us but for better or worse we love the f**king sport and we have to take the good with the bad.

Cool sometimes you gotta step back and step off before yuh decide to step on something .... jus saying

You cyar get no piggy back off ah me nah fella! i dun realize you like tuh see your words on computer monitor BC yuh eh make no sense to me WSE. yuh was all over the place and i think you might have ah reading comprehension problem going on.

BTW yorke was not constructively criticizing KJ, rather he was doggin him. if he really wanted tuh,  as you say " constructively critique KJ" he would've done it two yrs ago when they were team mates BC the same problem he has now, he had then! why wait tuh do it on national television when he could've done it in person!     fack dwight yorke !!!

PS: cool don't necessarily mean docile madam NGOZI!
Yo madam Ngozi here lol
As always you overreacting over nothing but so it go.
The fact that your comprehension of things are a lil muddled have nothing to do with me you had to take them issues up with your education system.
How you know Dwight eh tell the man that he needed to work on he finishing already?
The man was teammates on the same team as well as the national team what would he gain by dogging the man on national tv if that was indeed the case?
But I overs you here, because I could see you have some kinda personal vendetta against the man if I had known that before hand I wouldn't have even bothered to reply to you.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2010, 07:13:47 PM »
Good or bad Dwight been on KJ for a while.

I remember when Keane was saying he wouldn't sell KJ for nothing less than 40 million pounds when they ask Dwight he say KJ ent do nothing yet to deserve all that attention. At the time KJ had scored like 7 goals.
Dwight say KJ ent even make double figures.

Might have all been true. But I think the issue is whether Dwight should be talking like that publicly about his countryman.

Personally I don't think Dwight need to talk like that, true or not. I ent vex he say what he say but he was still he teammate.

Keane probably didn't really think KJ was worth 40 million but he thought that was a better motivator for KJ. Different strokes different folks.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:36 PM »
......Yeah and you would fit the bill as the permanent secretary. BC no one on here more simplistic and childish as you. yuh even won the award for the most annoying member beating back ppl like AB trini, maxG and elan. so i'm sure yuhs ah shoe in for the PS post in the ministry of annoyance!

Damn weary, ah didn't know ah was in the running, and ah didn't even let lose the campaign machine yet...maybe next year ah go bribe the selector, but this year, look like ah back benching   ;D :rotfl:

an here I thought meh brethren dem woulda big meh up, all over the Internet...well we is nobody ...so it go gyul, so it go....  :-[

lol I nearly dead when i see that piece ah lyrics lol
Jus Cool your name does confuse meh cuz yuh does get hot under the collar really fast.
My 15 cents is this ... there is a difference between critiquing a man and criticizing him.
So if Yorke say de man need to work on his shooting and anticipation ... I mean you doh think he needs to do this? If the man was to take this critique and went home and work on he shooting and anticipation and improve... isn't that a useful thing for him to hear?

KJ shooting is not of the best and he doesn't anticipate very well ...ah next thing catch me I think the most goals KJ had for a season might have been 16 in one season for Southampton I believe. In your opinion he established by having 10 -12 goals a season ... that is mediocrity ... no man should ever accept that.

Its not like the man say KJ playing shit cuz he and Rooney meet up with terry and running hos that's why he playing shit ... is constructive criticism and is nothing that we wouldn't tell him to his face.

And you go tell us about Latas and them boy ting that we doh already know? Them bwoy aint no saint we always knew that ... but this aint about judging men about they moral fiber is simply bout judging men about BALL ..... and latas and yorke could ball........you think Cole , Rooney and Terry woulda get so much stick bout they hoes if they shit team was winning the world cup...?

Oh yeah one more thing yorkie score 29 goals and had 23 assists the treble season in 99 and 23 goals the following season and all this time he was always around 20 for villa in the years before...... the man know about shooting and anticipation ... men making more money now because of the economics of the thing not because of the quality of the player ... Toure making 221000 pounds a week ... not like I doh think the brother decent but he def aint worth that.

All of us here because one way or the other football does affect us but for better or worse we love the f**king sport and we have to take the good with the bad.

Cool sometimes you gotta step back and step off before yuh decide to step on something .... jus saying

You cyar get no piggy back off ah me nah fella! i dun realize you like tuh see your words on computer monitor BC yuh eh make no sense to me WSE. yuh was all over the place and i think you might have ah reading comprehension problem going on.

BTW yorke was not constructively criticizing KJ, rather he was doggin him. if he really wanted tuh,  as you say " constructively critique KJ" he would've done it two yrs ago when they were team mates BC the same problem he has now, he had then! why wait tuh do it on national television when he could've done it in person!     fack dwight yorke !!!

PS: cool don't necessarily mean docile madam NGOZI!
Yo madam Ngozi here lol
As always you overreacting over nothing but so it go.
The fact that your comprehension of things are a lil muddled have nothing to do with me you had to take them issues up with your education system.
How you know Dwight eh tell the man that he needed to work on he finishing already?
The man was teammates on the same team as well as the national team what would he gain by dogging the man on national tv if that was indeed the case?
But I overs you here, because I could see you have some kinda personal vendetta against the man if I had known that before hand I wouldn't have even bothered to reply to you.
So why bother now after 14 hrs?   :thinking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »
Not sure who is getting Yorke these gigs though, his vocabulary and grammar are not up to scratch.

Wait? You jus mash up Yorkie dey?  ;D

Sky might as well hire Dave Lamy  ;D

Nah yuh takin a joke 2 far.

Don't take my word for it...
http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&thread=68867
http://community.betfair.com/football/go/thread/view/94070/25840517/Dwight_Yorke?pg=1

and..
http://toptopblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/

"Because I was doing the game for work I watched the game on Sky but with the commentary from Radio 5Live (a good 3-4 seconds in front by the way, for future reference), meaning that I largely missed out on the genius of Dwight Yorke as Sky’s co-commentator. Keys and Gray were both chuckling to themselves when they introduced Yorke at the start of the game and, judging from what other people have said about his commentary, it’s easy to see why as Yorke apparently struggled to put together a sentence for the whole 90 minutes. Verbatim, here are his comments for when Kenwynne Jones went down with a knock: “He might have got a knock on his head but…the Rasta…the deadlocks…knocked his…lots and lots of hair there…”. And when Stoke equalised: “Again the goal…a fantastic header…and…a fantastic…celebration…there…”. I mean, come on Sky, surely you’d conduct a basic speaking test before you employ someone a co-commentator?"

OUCHHHHHHHH
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »
we all know dwight didnt see inside the classroom on a regular basis but i am sure he could improve with some kinda public speaking courses

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »
On 48 minutes Villa 1-0 to the good and Yorke says " I think Stoke might look for the equaliser this half"

:rotfl: Somebody should get KJ to critique Yorke's commentary from that day.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2010, 09:40:04 AM »
On 48 minutes Villa 1-0 to the good and Yorke says " I think Stoke might look for the equaliser this half"

:rotfl: :rotfl: allyuh real wicked.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2010, 09:45:53 AM »

KJ would say DW delivery and finishing needs plenty work, but apart from that he have all the tools to be a good commentator  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>