April 28, 2024, 03:12:31 PM

Author Topic: Leo Beenhakker coming back to Trinidad and Tobago next week...  (Read 8525 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Leo Beenhakker coming back to Trinidad and Tobago next week...
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:10:26 AM »
along with a couple other Dutch greats like Ruud Gullit and Aaron Winter to lobby Jack Warner to support the Holland WC2018 bid, hold some clinics etc...

Personally I'd luv to see him also discuss coming back to COACH T&T... in fact... he could take over the job from December, because by then the Digicel Cup would be OVER and we will be looking towards Gold Cup (HOPEFULLY) participation and World Cup 2014 preparation, AND FIFA would have announced the winners of the 2018 and 2022 bids to Host the World Cups in those years... and let ONE of his Assistants be DWIGHT YORKE, who will be given SPECIFIC Responsibility for FITNESS. Thoughts anyone?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Leo Beenhakker coming back to Trinidad and Tobago next week...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:18:09 AM »
Patriot yuh is a diehard in trute. That is a real lucid dream yuh have there but it have no way that talk even coming up.

TnT will get a new coach when WC qualification start or maybe even later when they make it through the early qualifiers to the first seriously competitive group.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
along with a couple other Dutch greats like Ruud Gullit and Aaron Winter to lobby Jack Warner to support the Holland WC2018 bid, hold some clinics etc...

Personally I'd luv to see him also discuss coming back to COACH T&T... in fact... he could take over the job from December, because by then the Digicel Cup would be OVER and we will be looking towards Gold Cup (HOPEFULLY) participation and World Cup 2014 preparation, AND FIFA would have announced the winners of the 2018 and 2022 bids to Host the World Cups in those years... and let ONE of his Assistants be DWIGHT YORKE, who will be given SPECIFIC Responsibility for FITNESS. Thoughts anyone?
Yuh kill it with the Dwight Yorke talk... I agree with organizing a dutch coach, doh bound to be Bennie, any one will do.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »
Patriot yuh is a diehard in trute. That is a real lucid dream yuh have there but it have no way that talk even coming up.

TnT will get a new coach when WC qualification start or maybe even later when they make it through the early qualifiers to the first seriously competitive group.
Not really JBD ,we could be playing with a different breed of animal now that ,Jack have the full backing of government funds .
Maybe Gullit could be the coach ,or they could network us with some names of coaches back in Holland .

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »

Yuh kill it with the Dwight Yorke talk... I agree with organizing a dutch coach, doh bound to be Bennie, any one will do.

Not Mr. Sexy Football though... Boss player in his day, but I eh really rate him as a coach (just like Latapy 8)) .
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »
Watch it eh...

"Jack"...ok you want my support...how about you give us Hiddink or Beenhakker and have Gullit and Winter as assistants for our Under 23 and Under 17 coaches.

You will pay them from your assocition and no bill will be sent to us.

If anybody catches your eye, set them up in the ajax academy or let them get signed to a lower division Dutch club....we have a good lil boy named Winchester on trial at Celtic but Ajax is a much better club.

Last thing....I want a friendly match arranged in the HCS....we want to see sneijder, robben and van der vart. Do it closer to Christmas or Carnival. You will get accomodation etc but I taking the ticket sales.

If you can arrange that, then I'll see what I can do...I'll think about it.

Watch meh....we going and get a Bess Coach    ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54:05 AM »
sorry Russell maybe southend
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
Watch it eh...

"Jack"...ok you want my support...how about you give us Hiddink or Beenhakker and have Gullit and Winter as assistants for our Under 23 and Under 17 coaches.

If anybody catches your eye, set them up in the ajax academy or let them get signed to a lower division Dutch club....we have a good lil boy named Winchester on trial at Celtic but Ajax is a much better club.

Last thing....I want a friendly match arranged in the HCS....we want to see sneijder, robben and van der vart. Do it closer to Christmas or Carnival. You will get accomodation etc but I taking the ticket sales.

if this happen.....is a win win win situation right around.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »
Honestly the government claim they have the paper to fund the team straight through to brazil, If my some miracle Beenhacker get a 4yr contract, i will cry with delight seriously  :)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »
I doh quite understand the obsession with Beenie ... job decently enough done. Time to move on.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »
I doh quite understand the obsession with Beenie ... job decently enough done. Time to move on.
Problem is we seem to have moved backwards since he left. The hope is that he could at least bring us back to where we were and with more time than before perhaps take us further ahead. Besides, he didn't leave on bad terms or get fired.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »

agreed
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 10:21:48 AM »
remember what happened to the great Simoes when he went back to JA.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 10:23:01 AM »

agreed

I understand it... the man bring a very professional approach... was straightforward with his goals and what he wanted from the team and expected from the fans... we never see nothing like dat before or since...

but yeah Beenie was past or had been approaching his sell by date... and then we and poland squeeze dat man real dry, time to move on
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »

What exactly happened to him?

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »
Ahh the dreams....
they real good at selling us sunshine and giving us rain:
we getting money and some dutch stars coming....but....

well we don't have wins,real chemistry, a proper coach with squad; we might as well have hope

whey boy!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »
Beenie is a plaster for ah sore. We don't need a coach to coach the internationals only. We need a coach who would commit to our program's long term development. A good leader enacts succession planning. Maybe he did with Wim but neither of them address the real problem we had. In his defense he was paid to be the trauma surgeon. We need to find some one to do the rehabilitation now.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
When God could not come he send Beenieman to save us and the disciples began to gather the flocks to praaize him what ah thing . ??? ???
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »
hallelujah???
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »
When God could not come he send Beenieman to save us and the disciples began to gather the flocks to praaize him what ah thing . ??? ???

:notworthy: :notworthy:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
Imagine if he really came back lol... Wow that would be epic

The rockstar himself.... Legend

Jack should have a sit down and discuss some potential coaches with Leo...someone who has his style of coaching... discipline, structured passionate football... tactics tactics details details... simple stuff?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 11:28:07 AM »
i rather a hiddink and hence forth, beenhakker had his time. time to move on, holland has many great coaches and jw should utilize his power and get one before its too late.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »
Ah feel allyuh gettin tie up with the Coach and Manager role again. Beenie was the team manager, responsible for tactics and man management with overall accountablity. If you watched traning sessions at that time it was Wim who was running those sessions, drilling defense and midfield on shape and positioning and building a discipline around that.

When Beenie left and Wim took over, we still had the coaching element there but we lost the effective player management and tactics. Now we have neither.

Beenie might do well as a TD but he not running around with no squad telling men how to defend. He will want to bring his own staff to implement his own philosophy.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
Watch it eh...

hahaha no hesitation when he goes through the list too, right!
Hart for president

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »
Ah feel allyuh gettin tie up with the Coach and Manager role again. Beenie was the team manager, responsible for tactics and man management with overall accountablity. If you watched traning sessions at that time it was Wim who was running those sessions, drilling defense and midfield on shape and positioning and building a discipline around that.

When Beenie left and Wim took over, we still had the coaching element there but we lost the effective player management and tactics. Now we have neither.

Beenie might do well as a TD but he not running around with no squad telling men how to defend. He will want to bring his own staff to implement his own philosophy.

Exactly...that's how a lot of high calibre coaches do it. They stand and assess/evauluate players while their assistants carry out most of the practice sessions. Beenie looked at our strengths and limitations and selected ceratin players to play  in positions that can put us in a position to get a result based on the opponent and system we played.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 02:19:09 PM »
Henk Ten Cate!... (if all of this is for real, of course...)  ::)
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »

What exactly happened to him?

It did not work out quite well, did it?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 03:01:06 PM »
Abandon the Senior program and work with the U-20s and down. Teach them proper technique, tactical awareness, physical aspects of the game, respect for the game, social skils as an athlete, personal skills as an athlete. These older players are lost to us. Even if we get a good coach we can only go so far. I say plan for 2018 and 2022 and 2026.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »
Beenie is a plaster for ah sore.

Which is the TTFF.  How quickly we start jumping up and down in glee at the mere thought of a "bess" coach coming and we completely forget the real reason we are in a mess in the first place. 

We done totally forget that the same bunch we gave $180+ million of our tax dollars in 2006 and can't get an account for it yet are the same ones who are about to get the entire treasury for 2014.

But say wha, Beenie/Gullit/Hiddink coming....jumping and waving time.....enjoy all yuh self.... ::) ::)

Steups.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 04:06:23 PM »
I would LOVE to have Beenie back, and somehow I feel he (or any other coach) would kinda look after local development too (i could be wrong)....yuh could imagine how many current local Warrior shitsn@kes quaking in dey boots right now?!?!?! 

Seriously though, Beenie (or any Foreign coach) will get rid of some of these laborers we have masquerdaing as international footballers so quick it'll make Angus Eve head spin:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>