March 28, 2024, 06:49:19 PM

Author Topic: Trinis can captain too!  (Read 8789 times)

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis can captain too!
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 08:36:30 AM »
Second home, and second country are two different tings. Second home means I am not living there right now, but second country means I pledge my allegiance to my current country before I would that one. That said I personally like Schmidt, and I agree with her being captain since Pellerud insisted on benching the perfect player for that role the entire tournament.

So if she feel she could have played for USA and she is only under 17, why didn't she wait for them. You telling me Lauren using T&T to play for USA....

So we coach bench he BEST play (Rehana Omardeen), wow, if Rehana did only play, we woulda win this World Cup, I hope they fire Pellerud now...

So where Rehana Omardeen playing now, what club or school ?

She might sign for some big club soon then, maybe Joe Public might come knocking.

Now we know who wrote this article.

PS: Just be happy Rehana Omardeen made the final team, not ever player can boast about that, she was in the final 18 of a World Cup Team.

Why should we just be happy the best defensive player in de country made the world cup roster? This should be expected, and a good coach should be expected to play his best players.

Our matches went as followed
Defensive lapse--->Barely won
No possession--->Lost
Defensive lapse+no formation------>Lost.

I give de first match a pass...the girls lost focus late in de match, and that was where the pressure came from. Pellerud should have putRehana in to sure up the back 4 in that match to make sure that win was comfortable.

Nigeria was a disaster. No posession whatsoever, and we didnt lose by more based solely on de fact that Nigeria was NOT that good. Pellerud should have put in Rehana so she could push play forward with her possession and attacking style of play. We could have broke down their weak defense that way.

By the korean match Pellerud's pride wouldnt let him put in Rehana. He knew the backlash from sitting out the game changer for so long would be his job...so he just died by the pills he swallowed the whole tournament :-\

We can ask where Rehana is playing, but where is Schmidt playing? Some yankee team that Rehana could probably walk on and become captain.

Now I know next to nothing about this team so I taking what you say as gospel truth eh...

So Rehana coulda
a) "sure" up the defense in the first match
b) push forward with her attacking style of play and possession in the second match

just now you go tell me she coulda
c) do a better job between the sticks than the "midget" in goal (no disrespect to you Linfah)
d) provide a powerful offensive presence up front
c) hit better corner and free kicks to challenge the opposing goalkeepers

If is so, forget the u17 team, I want her on the senior MNT now!

But seriously...where is she playing?
Shes a shut down defender as the yankees would call it, so yes she would have took a lot of pressure off the team.

Shes an attacking defensive player in the mold of an Ashley Cole and Maicon, so she would have pressed forward to make our offensive game better

Despite being de size of Gary Coleman, I feel Linfah played well. She would have been a liability later on in the tournament, but thanks to Pellerud we will never have to worry about that :-\

ISPS

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »
Rehana Omardeen is de new Troy Marquis allyuh!!

With she in defence she woulda clear de N Korea ball off de line, play ah one two with sheself, voom kick the ball up the field, chest trap it, cap two korean, chase de pothong off de field, shake jack and kamla hand and den score a bicycle kick from abot 40 yards out... we woulda win the u-17 world cup and den she woulda lead the men's team to glory in Brazil...

allyuh call Latapy... we saviour is here!  :angel:

LOL... ent?

I cyah believe de amount of shit I reading from this 'person'... and Ms. Rauseo.  I refuse to get drawn in though, none of the young ladies on that team deserve the type of divisive bullshit this conversation engendering.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 10:46:02 AM »
I sort of agree on the soca princesses point- our U-17 girls proved to themselves to be warriors and if that's our brand, then it should apply to all ages, and sexes...not just the senior men's team. 

About Schmidt being the captain, the writer's response is not surprising... and there are probably alot more people out there thinking the same thing (regardless of whether or not there is reasonable basis for the decision to make her captain).  One can speculate that if she weren't white, there would be no fuss... but one can also speculate that if she weren't white or foreign she may not have been given the respect needed to retain captaincy.  It cuts both ways...and it's not a matter of divisive racism, but sometimes it just helps to be different - and it's not always rational or logical...Her accent, her skin colour, among other things may very well help her to stand out, and gain more respect or mere attention.... It's not far fetched to speculate that her being foreign (and possibly white), had an influence on her decision to be made the replacement captain.  The coach was also foreign and white...I worked in a T&T-based multinational company and I can tell you that the white expats by mere nature of their accent and skin colour garnered more respect when they spoke/made a point...and it had significant effects on issues of career advancement and designation of leadership.... It's not always logical, and it may have deep roots in slavery, colonialism, racial discrimination etc... nothing wrong with questioning that- I don't think the writer was being political or divisive- ultimately she commended Lauren on a job well done, and I think the take away at the end of the day is that she served us well as the skipper.  Questioning her future allegiance to T&T football is also reasonable... Changing allegiances in football between youth and senior levels is common all over the world, and it's natural to think that a smaller program such as ours will often suffer a blow in that department....

About Rehana, let's not question her ability just because of the overexuberance of one poster... She's probably a very good player, and under a different coach she might have gotten a better chance to prove it- different coaches see different things- that's the game...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:47:54 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 10:56:33 AM »
I sort of agree on the soca princesses point- our U-17 girls proved to themselves to be warriors and if that's our brand, then it should apply to all ages, and sexes...not just the senior men's team. 

About Schmidt being the captain, the writer's response is not surprising... and there are probably alot more people out there thinking the same thing (regardless of whether or not there is reasonable basis for the decision to make her captain).  One can speculate that if she weren't white, there would be no fuss... but one can also speculate that if she weren't white or foreign she may not have been given the respect needed to retain captaincy.  It cuts both ways...and it's not a matter of divisive racism, but sometimes it just helps to be different - and it's not always rational or logical...Her accent, her skin colour, among other things may very well help her to stand out, and gain more respect or mere attention.... It's not far fetched to speculate that her being foreign (and possibly white), had an influence on her decision to be made the replacement captain.  The coach was also foreign and white...I worked in a T&T-based multinational company and I can tell you that the white expats by mere nature of their accent and skin colour garnered more respect when they spoke/made a point...and it had significant effects on issues of career advancement and designation of leadership.... It's not always logical, and it may have deep roots in slavery, colonialism, racial discrimination etc... nothing wrong with questioning that- I don't think the writer was being political or divisive- ultimately she commended Lauren on a job well done, and I think the take away at the end of the day is that she served us well as the skipper.  Questioning her future allegiance to T&T football is also reasonable... Changing allegiances in football between youth and senior levels is common all over the world, and it's natural to think that a smaller program such as ours will often suffer a blow in that department....

About Rehana, let's not question her ability just because of the overexuberance of one poster... She's probably a very good player, and under a different coach she might have gotten a better chance to prove it- different coaches see different things- that's the game...

Very interesting viewpoint, and I can see how Pellerud might have saw himself in young Schmidt.  Whether we want to admit it or not, being white carries status in most places on this earth.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 11:05:14 AM »
Dear Heart - This picture is blasphemous

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »

ENT! we all know the fella was ah Indian Man.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »

what yuh want. Ent rehana does save?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »
 :praying:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 11:19:20 AM »

NICE!!!  :devil:

Kicker all dat setta objectivity and diplomatic sense need a Fihlo finishing touch
De wonder twin powers doh wukk wit juss one ring
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:22:45 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »

ENT! we all know the fella was ah Indian Man.

Right  :rotfl:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
Racist and Anti-American!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

With she in defence she woulda clear de N Korea ball off de line, play ah one two with sheself, voom kick the ball up the field, chest trap it, cap two korean, chase de pothong off de field, shake jack and kamla hand and den score a bicycle kick from abot 40 yards out... we woulda win the u-17 world cup and den she woulda lead the men's team to glory in Brazil...

FF, me and you eh have nutten and never had nutten, but i will have tuh say on this particular occasion yuh really disappoint meh as ah grown man. breds if yuh read the profile on this member, the person yuh doggin is ah 17 yr old child.

i have children older than her/him and i will hate it if someone came @ them like that BC i still consider them my babies (ah guess it's ah parent thing so yuh may have to excuse meh), but we as grown folk have tuh be ah little more understanding towards the yutes and giude them, not be so harsh on them.

plenty of times smallmag come @ me disrespectful, but i never come back @ him on the disrespectful tip until he became grown, and yet still, i will not resort tuh doggin him BC he's ah yute and now learning the world.

ah guess what ah trying tuh say is ease up on the yutes nah dread, they learning and WILL make mistakes by doing and saying the wrong things that may erk us adults, but all that goes with being ah yute.

no disrespect intended fardder.                positive. :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
 :duel:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »
the person yuh doggin is ah 17 yr old child.

Eh heh??  Let we make sure right now.....

RehanaOmardeenfan do you know the words or tune to "Haiti I'm Sorry??"......  :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 06:32:43 PM »

RehanaOmardeenfan do you know the words or tune to "Haiti I'm Sorry??"......  :devil: ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yuh go never let dat one die eh!  :rotfl:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 06:50:33 PM »

FF, me and you eh have nutten and never had nutten, but i will have tuh say on this particular occasion yuh really disappoint meh as ah grown man. breds if yuh read the profile on this member, the person yuh doggin is ah 17 yr old child.

i have children older than her/him and i will hate it if someone came @ them like that BC i still consider them my babies (ah guess it's ah parent thing so yuh may have to excuse meh), but we as grown folk have tuh be ah little more understanding towards the yutes and giude them, not be so harsh on them.

plenty of times smallmag come @ me disrespectful, but i never come back @ him on the disrespectful tip until he became grown, and yet still, i will not resort tuh doggin him BC he's ah yute and now learning the world.

ah guess what ah trying tuh say is ease up on the yutes nah dread, they learning and WILL make mistakes by doing and saying the wrong things that may erk us adults, but all that goes with being ah yute.

I go let FF handle he own stories... but two questions:

1. How FF supposed tuh know how old this "child" is?  How do YOU even know how "old" this child is?  People supposed tuh check profile everytime before they respond tuh ah new poster now?

2. How did he even 'dog' this person out?  Small Mag get dog out more than dis over the years.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 07:06:26 PM »

I go let FF handle he own stories... but two questions:

1. How FF supposed tuh know how old this "child" is?  How do YOU even know how "old" this child is?  People supposed tuh check profile everytime before they respond tuh ah new poster now?

2. How did he even 'dog' this person out?  Small Mag get dog out more than dis over the years.
Just cool nah sharks. no body eh say dat FF supposed tuh know, and as ah matter of fact, i should PM FF instead ah doing it on the site, and dat was my fault.

as for doggin the new member out, he was making light of the kid and mentioned the new troy marquise in jest. any way , this is nothing tuh debate ( real small thing). i ain't above apologizing to no one, and if i was wrong or outa line i will render and apology to FF, no scene.

BTW, from the way the kid wrote i kinda guess it was ah yute, that's why i checked the profile. again no scene.                        positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »

~Chuckle!~
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 08:33:52 AM »
Just cool nah sharks. no body eh say dat FF supposed tuh know, and as ah matter of fact, i should PM FF instead ah doing it on the site, and dat was my fault.

as for doggin the new member out, he was making light of the kid and mentioned the new troy marquise in jest. any way , this is nothing tuh debate ( real small thing). i ain't above apologizing to no one, and if i was wrong or outa line i will render and apology to FF, no scene.

BTW, from the way the kid wrote i kinda guess it was ah yute, that's why i checked the profile. again no scene.                        positive.

I not trying tuh argue or come in like ah school marm, just making ah observation really... didn't see too much wrong with what FF wrote.  But I appreciate yuh response all de same  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 10:18:01 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yuh go never let dat one die eh!  :rotfl:

4 EVER THAT WILL LIVE ON  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2010, 10:22:41 AM »
so the onus is on us to be respectful to a 17 yr old, right? no matter how farse and outta place dey might be?

also (ah might be too cynical) dat person eh no 17 yr old!

Racist and Anti-American!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2010, 10:45:42 AM »
doh dig no horrors jus cool... i understand whey yuh coming from, and i ent find yuh come no disrespectful way  :beermug:

but i find even at 17 most trinis understand picong and fatigue very well, to know when something is meant to be caustic or just in good fun...

at de same time we should be careful not to bring down a national player like Rehanna who I am sure is very capable and talented, with a bright future ahead of her.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »
Met Rehanna today at a school event...very cool person, and I wish her all the best in the upcoming season.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »
these responses are hilarious as hell!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 10:53:45 PM »
by the way, captaincy is overated!!!!!

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 06:17:57 AM »
When I read the title I swear the article was about Trinis captaining in foreign leagues, only to realize we fighting up among ourselves *smh*

Or at least the person writing this article

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 06:27:49 AM »
This one had me shaking my head.

"Her appointment to the captaincy was an interesting, and certainly surprising one, at least for me. Essentially a “foreigner,” complete with accent, albeit with a Trinidadian mother, I could not help but think that she certainly was not an accurate representation of a young female Trinidadian footballer.

Despite her commendable public speaking, and possible good leadership skills, her appointment seemed a poor example to a public that already continues to think that foreign is better."

All well and good for her to play for T&T as a so called "foreigner," but not acceptable to be captain of the squad. Interesting perspective!!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 06:30:34 AM »

"Her appointment to the captaincy was an interesting, and certainly surprising one, at least for me. Essentially a “foreigner,” complete with accent, albeit with a Trinidadian mother, I could not help but think that she certainly was not an accurate representation of a young female Trinidadian footballer.

Despite her commendable public speaking, and possible good leadership skills, her appointment seemed a poor example to a public that already continues to think that foreign is better."

All well and good for her to play for T&T as a so called "foreigner," but not acceptable to be captain of the squad. Interesting perspective!!!

Ent, de buck do stop dey doh, if yuh sound trini and yuh live in foreign yuh is foreign too, even if yuh on some kinda visa status
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »

Ent, de buck do stop dey doh, if yuh sound trini and yuh live in foreign yuh is foreign too, even if yuh on some kinda visa status

So in essence you don't belong nowhere...smh. I does wonder sometimes mehself yes...

1]; } ?>