April 27, 2024, 01:12:37 AM

Author Topic: Warriors off to Antigua  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors off to Antigua
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:30:25 AM »
Warriors off to Antigua.
Trinidad Express

Head coach Russell Latapy has decided to stick with the majority of the team that played to a 0-0 draw with Belize and lost 3-0 to Panama for upcoming friendlies against Antigua/Barbuda and St Lucia.

The squad of home-based players leave for Antigua today for Sunday's encounter.

"It's basically the same squad of players," team manager David Muhammad told TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes. "In spite of the disappointing results in recent matches, we will continue to assess the performance of these players with an aim to get the best possible group together for the Digicel Caribbean Cup.

We have seen the potential of these players and coach Latapy will use what is available to him at the moment. Again, we will also see what additional players may be needed for the actual competition."

T&T squad

Kevin Graham, Marvin Phillip, Makan Hislop, Keston Williams, Kern Cupid, Aklie Edwards, Hughtun Hector, Kareem Young, Daneil Cyrus, Carlyle Mitchell, Joevin Jones, Jason Marcano, Kerry Baptiste, Hayden Tinto, Densill Theobald, Ataullah Guerra, Devon Jorsling, Kevon Carter
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 05:35:25 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors off to Antigua
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:39:48 AM »
So de big meeting was a big piece of gimmick.

I told you guys no one listens to Lincoln Phillips.

US base my ass.

They will call in the US based when we in a hole and then say, we try de locals now we try de foreigners and they fail to.. T&T just not good enough, when all de time is de blasted TTFF, de TD and then de blasted coach.

Makan Hislop, Keston Williams and Aklie Edwards, I hope Antigua hit we 4.

Kareem Young is not even a regular on Joe Public side.

Glad Jan Williams get dropped.

Like Latapy blasted coke-key-eye or what.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:23:05 AM »
jackarseness  >:(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »
Wha all yuh worried about??....we going Brazil.  Anil say so.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 07:19:13 AM »
play de fittball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »
Pure Phoqueries.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:26:43 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 08:31:25 AM »
Boy I doh know why is this same shit players keep getting pick over and over. Boy just play the fittball!  ::)
All American

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 08:36:54 AM »
Is there anyone else to pick?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 08:38:32 AM »

a few other  players in the proleague that deserve a shot ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 08:39:21 AM »

a few other  players in the proleague that deserve a shot ...

Ok, I was wondering. Don't want to lambast the man just because.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »
Warriors off to Antigua.
Trinidad Express

Head coach Russell Latapy has decided to stick with the majority of the team that played to a 0-0 draw with Belize and lost 3-0 to Panama for upcoming friendlies against Antigua/Barbuda and St Lucia.

"It's basically the same squad of players," team manager David Muhammad told TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes. "In spite of the disappointing results in recent matches, we will continue to assess the performance of these players with an aim to get the best possible group together for the Digicel Caribbean Cup.

The oft quoted definition of madness that is often attributed to Einstein, seems sadly appropriate here...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »
we were never going to pick US Based players for these 3 games (Antigua,St Lucia,Guyana) as they are B internationals...

Having said that...I still expected at least 5 new local faces in the squad... Primus, Adams, C.Gonsalves among others

Sad... say what I hope they win every game and progress as a team... go T&T!

I wonder why Trent and Leon get drop?  not saying I'll miss Leon at all...  just wondering how come

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
we were never going to pick US Based players for these 3 games (Antigua,St Lucia,Guyana) as they are B internationals...

Having said that...I still expected at least 5 new local faces in the squad... Primus, Adams, C.Gonsalves among others

I wonder why Trent and Leon get drop?  not saying I'll miss Leon at all...  just wondering how come

Prob cause of injuries, Trent didint play for public in midweek and Leon has been out for a while.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
Warriors off to Antigua.
Trinidad Express

The oft quoted definition of madness that is often attributed to Einstein, seems sadly appropriate here...

It's always the same players being assessed at every game. They must be getting a thorough evaluation.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 07:19:39 AM »
The same players keep showing that they cyah even handle these teams and latas keep picking them ,,,,,, I doh wanna say nothing nah ....... sigh

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »
It's always the same players being assessed at every game. They must be getting a thorough evaluation.

How much more thorough dey want to get though?  About de only thing left is fuh dem to tell dem to bend over spread they cheeks and cough twice.  Then again, if they do that maybe they'll finally see what de rest ah we done seeing arready.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »
Warriors off to Antigua.
Trinidad Express

yup ever since latapy resumed his duties as head coach its always these same  players only Devon jamerson and winchester  missing

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 12:46:54 PM »

Have the players from the under 20 team been chosen?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
WOLFE BACK IN MEN'S TEAM FOR FRIENDLY VS ANTIGUA

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior men’s team will be hoping to put in a positive showing and get a desired victory when they face Antigua/Barbuda in a friendly international at the Antigua Recreation Ground on Sunday from 5pm.

The 20-man T&T squad, which left Port of Spain on Friday, had some late adjustments made to it after Joe Public FC requested that its players be left out of the trip because of Concacaf Champions League commitments.

As such, head coach Russell Latapy drafted in some other players including Anthony Wolfe, now with DirecTV North East Stars, Lester Peltier, Jesse Stewart, National Under 23 forwards Jamal Gay and Juma Clarence while W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon also makes a return from injury.

Some of the other regular names in the squad include Densill Theobald, Devon Jorsling, Kevon Carter, and Jan Michael Williams.

“It’s up to us as players to go out there and perform and get the results that is required at the international level, especially against Caribbean and Concacaf opponents.

I think we are coming off some disappointing results but we can definitely perform better than we have and get things on track,” said midfielder Densill Theobald.

T&T will also face St Lucia next Tuesday before returning home as preparations for the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup continues.

T&T squad in Antigua
Kevin Graham, Jan Michael Williams, Jesse Stewart, Keston Williams, Kern Cupid, Aklie Edwards, Joevin Jones, Daneil Cyrus, Lester Peltier, Hughtun Hector, Kevon Carter, Ataullah Guerra, Anthony Wolfe, Keron Cummings, Densill Theobald, Jason Marcano, Devon Jorsling, Jamal Gay, Juma Clarence, Clyde Leon.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:23:12 PM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
I hope this could be a blessing ....... 

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 02:38:47 PM »

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior men’s team will be hoping to put in a positive showing and get a desired victory when they face Antigua/Barbuda in a friendly international at the Antigua Recreation Ground on Sunday from 5pm.

The 20-man T&T squad, which left Port of Spain on Friday, had some late adjustments made to it after Joe Public FC requested that its players be left out of the trip because of Concacaf Champions League commitments.

As such, head coach Russell Latapy drafted in some other players including Anthony Wolfe, now with DirecTV North East Stars, Lester Peltier, Jesse Stewart, National Under 23 forwards Jamal Gay and Juma Clarence while W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon also makes a return from injury.

Some of the other regular names in the squad include Densill Theobald, Devon Jorsling, Kevon Carter, and Jan Michael Williams.

“It’s up to us as players to go out there and perform and get the results that is required at the international level, especially against Caribbean and Concacaf opponents. I think we are coming off some disappointing results but we can definitely perform better than we have and get things on track,” said midfielder Densill Theobald.

T&T will also face St Lucia next Tuesday before returning home as preparations for the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup continues.

T&T squad in Antigua

1.Kevin Graham
2.Jan Michael Williams
3.Jesse Stewart
4.Keston Williams,
5. Kern Cupid
6. Aklie Edwards,
7. Jovin Jones
8. Daniel Cyrus
9. Lester Peltier
10. Hughton Hector
11. Kevon Carter
12. Ataulla Guerra
13.Anthony Wolfe
14.Keron Cummings
15. Densill Theobald
16.Jason Marcano
17.Devon Jorsling
18.Jamal Gay
19. Juma Clarence
20. Clyde Leon
Next>

That should make yuh ah lil bit happier now :thumbsup:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »

“It’s up to us as players to go out there and perform and get the results that is required at the international level, especially against Caribbean and Concacaf opponents. I think we are coming off some disappointing results but we can definitely perform better than we have and get things on track,” said midfielder Densill Theobald.

T&T squad in Antigua

1.Kevin Graham
2.Jan Michael Williams
3.Jesse Stewart
4.Keston Williams,
5. Kern Cupid
6. Aklie Edwards,
7. Jovin Jones
8. Daniel Cyrus
9. Lester Peltier
10. Hughton Hector
11. Kevon Carter
12. Ataulla Guerra
13.Anthony Wolfe
14.Keron Cummings
15. Densill Theobald
16.Jason Marcano
17.Devon Jorsling
18.Jamal Gay
19. Juma Clarence
20. Clyde Leon
Next>

That should make yuh ah lil bit happier now :thumbsup:

imagine he had to be asked  to choose other players.....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »
I thought Juma was in Turkey  ???
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »
Originally Called - Replacements.

Marvin Phillip (Jan Michael Williams)
Makan Hislop (Jesse Stewart)
Kareem Young (Keron Cummings)
Carlyle Mitchell (Clyde Leon)
Kerry Baptiste (Jamal Gay)
Hayden Tinto (Lester Peltier)

Glad to hear that Juma Clarence, Lester Peltier and Anthony Wolfe get called up. Never thought I would see the day a North East Star player make T&T side.

The only players from JP we will really miss is Hayden Tinto, Marvin Phillip and Carlyle Mitchell, de rest we could do without.

Kerry Baptiste is a good player but he out of form.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:40:17 PM by Sam »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 07:27:41 PM »
So juma is not in turkey ...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 07:38:18 AM »
THese fellas only got called in because Joe Public pull they players.

Or else is de same ole, same ole for Latapy.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 09:25:53 AM »
Doh worry folks, Change is coming!
Some folks must be given as much rope as they need!  ;)

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>