May 23, 2024, 02:20:53 AM

Author Topic: Commonwealth Games  (Read 15807 times)

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Commonwealth Games
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 01:05:13 PM »
CommGames doomed from start, says Johnson

AFP

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bookmark and Share

LONDON, England (AFP) — American athletics great Michael Johnson added his voice to the chorus of criticism engulfing the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Delhi by saying they were "doomed from the start".

The specially-built athletes village for the multi-sport event, which starts on Sunday, was slammed last week as nations from around the world hit out at the poor state of its cleanliness and drainage.

JOHNSON... timing of Commonwealth was all wrong
[Hide Description] JOHNSON... timing of Commonwealth was all wrong
[Restore Description]
1/1

But even before the row over the state of the village erupted, several leading athletes, including Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt, had already withdrawn from the Games.

And former Olympic 200 and 400 metres champion Johnson, now a BBC television commentator, said that was all down to the decision to stage the Games in October, outside the mainstream season for athletics, traditionally the event's central attraction.

"This edition of the Commonwealth Games was doomed from the start," Johnson wrote in yesterday's edition of The Times newspaper.

"First, the timing was all wrong... keep in mind the traditional season for athletics -- which would be one of, if not the, premier sports of the Commonwealth Games — takes place from April to the end of August.

"That's if the athlete has not competed in the indoor season taking place in January and February.

"To finish the season in August and then go back into training or try to maintain peak competitive form is extremely difficult in preparation for an event that takes place more than one month after your last race.

"This is also taking place at a time when most track and field athletes are in their annual four to six-week break from training and this off-season could be one of the most important of all with the World Championships taking place next August."

Johnson added concerns over security and reports from over a year ago that Games construction projects were falling behind schedule, as well as claims of corruption meant that "someone probably should have made the decision to pull the Games from India some time ago".

He also questioned the worth of an event restricted to former British Empire nations, saying the Commonwealth Games "have struggled in past years to get the best athletes to take them seriously" and that in athletics "a Commonwealth title barely registers any respect on a global scale".

Johnson though said the Games could be a "wonderful event with a great history", adding he'd found both the 2002 and 2006 editions in Manchester and Melbourne respectively to be "thrilling and well organised".

"Unfortunately, it looks like Delhi will be a bit of a letdown," he added

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/CommGames-doomed-from-start--says-Michael-Johnson_8002903

He also questioned the worth of an event restricted to former British Empire nations, saying the Commonwealth Games "have struggled in past years to get the best athletes to take them seriously" and that in athletics "a Commonwealth title barely registers any respect on a global scale".
Hard work is the key to success

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »
A bit of a letdown = the Titanic sinking was a slight mishap
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
When the games starting?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »
With the exception of Cricket and Hockey, India has no sports tradition or facilities. Despite its 1 billion people, name its athletes!  It should never have awarded the games in the first place. This is not the same as South Africa, Australia, or Nigeria for that matter, but who else could afford it?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 07:34:17 AM »
With the exception of Cricket and Hockey, India has no sports tradition or facilities. Despite its 1 billion people, name its athletes!  It should never have awarded the games in the first place. This is not the same as South Africa, Australia, or Nigeria for that matter, but who else could afford it?

Other than Jamaica and Malaysia, the CWGs over its 80 year history have mostly been rotated amongst different cities in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK. As Mike Fennell the head of the games said in a BBC interview, it was time to host the games in the commonwealth's largest country, expanding on the trust placed in Malaysia in 1998. I do not think it's necessarily about sporting tradition. In the summer of 1976 Canada struggled to win a gold while hosting a successful Olympics in Montreal. However, since then they have become much more of a sporting force; whether there is a correlation between the experience as a host and expecting then achieving such results through concerted programs is a good question.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 09:51:20 AM »

Other than Jamaica and Malaysia, the CWGs over its 80 year history have mostly been rotated amongst different cities in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK. As Mike Fennell the head of the games said in a BBC interview, it was time to host the games in the commonwealth's largest country, expanding on the trust placed in Malaysia in 1998. I do not think it's necessarily about sporting tradition. In the summer of 1976 Canada struggled to win a gold while hosting a successful Olympics in Montreal. However, since then they have become much more of a sporting force; whether there is a correlation between the experience as a host and expecting then achieving such results through concerted programs is a good question.

:thumbsup:

Would like to see another powerhouse in sports.  And with India's booming economy and population, it is not an impossible task.  They have done a good job with the Opening Ceremonies thus far... they are more than capable of hosting an excellent games despite initial concerns

http://www.thestar.com/sports/commonwealthgames/article/866392
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:58:02 AM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

AirMan

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »
Borel-Brown to lead T&T delegation
Kevin Sunich
Published: 2 Oct 2010

Kevin Sunich
Medal hopeful Cleopatra Borel-Browne will bear T&T’s flag at the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India, which will be declared open by India’s president Pratbha Patil and Prince Charles today.
Athletes and Officials representing 71 countries and affiliates that make up the Commonwealth will parade at the eagerly anticipated opening function.
The 2006 Commonwealth Games bronze medalist in the women’s shot put, Borel-Browne, who arrived yesterday, indicated that she would be honoured and delighted to lead the T&T delegation at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. The confirmation came from T&T’s Chef de Mission, Annette Knot. “It is always a tremendous honour for an athlete who is asked to carry their nation’s flag at an opening ceremony. Cleopatra has served T&T with distinction and dedication. She has earned the right on merit,” said Knott..Continue..http://guardian.co.tt/sports/other-sports/2010/10/02/borel-brown-lead-tt-delegation

Athletics team : Athletics: Shaun Stuart, Emmanuel Callender, Aaron Armstron, Lalonde Gordon, Marcus Duncan, Aleesha Barber, Cleopatra Borel-Brown, Rhonda Watkins, Ayanna Alexander, Ayanna Hutchinson
Officials: Durly Lucas, Gunness Persad, Heathcliffe Thorne, Edwin Skinner

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »
Is it any surprise that there have been very negative reporting about the venues for the Commonwealth games,I am not surprised at the same pictures that were shown for 11 days on British Tellyvision.I just wonder whether those reporters took into account that India suffered with the worst Monsoon in 60 years,I am sure they knew but they refused to excuse India.We are all well aware how the western world have made a "fine art" of negative reporting from third world countries,its always good news though,for the gullible and ignorants who are easily taken by a few pictures,well travelled and intelligent people know better.It must have gone down like a dose of salts to all those who were waiting for the worst,India proved all those ignorants and gullibles wrong big time and every Commonwealth country are present at the games,it might be of interest to say that India is the second fastest growing economy in the world while those who were reporting on India are in recession "big time",let them just STFU and enjoy the games.Mr.Johnson can also STFU and stick to commenting on athletics and nothing more,he is not a bloody architect.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 11:11:18 AM »
Is it any surprise that there have been very negative reporting about the venues for the Commonwealth games,I am not surprised at the same pictures that were shown for 11 days on British Tellyvision.I just wonder whether those reporters took into account that India suffered with the worst Monsoon in 60 years,I am sure they knew but they refused to excuse India.We are all well aware how the western world have made a "fine art" of negative reporting from third world countries,its always good news though,for the gullible and ignorants who are easily taken by a few pictures,well travelled and intelligent people know better.It must have gone down like a dose of salts to all those who were waiting for the worst,India proved all those ignorants and gullibles wrong big time and every Commonwealth country are present at the games,it might be of interest to say that India is the second fastest growing economy in the world while those who were reporting on India are in recession "big time",let them just STFU and enjoy the games.Mr.Johnson can also STFU and stick to commenting on athletics and nothing more,he is not a bloody architect.

If I may, India had 8 years to prepare for these games. Even today Milka Singh, India's only CWGs athletics gold medallist said that the planning was poor and corruption rampant, that they should have completed construction a long time ago.

I believe quite a few of us on this discussion board have had the privilege of representing T&T or attending games in far less "advanced" countries (in terms of economic growth) than India. I myself have been to games at the junior and senior levels, in the Caribbean, North/Central/South America and Europe. I cannot say I have ever seen the level of squalor shown in the photos (or even if it is now cleaned up, thinking about what my accommodations may have looked like a few days before). The worst I came across (culturally) was in Central American settings where it is customary to wipe you know where and place your paper in a basket for removal instead of flushing. There was also the custom of spitting on the floor and spreading it around slowly with ones' feet. I also heard in Beijing, hacking/hawking and spitting is such a "sport" that the government put up signs stating "No hacking/hawking".

At this stage (arriving at the games village), it's 99% mental in terms of the athletes' final preparation. The last thing you want to be worried about is whether the basic amenities such as lights water and A/C will be on, the possibility of snakes in your room, contracting dengue fever, etc. Short of potential security issues, those things should be fully under control.

Maybe India should have chosen a "drier" city given the monsoons, but I guess they want to put New Delhi on show for all its positives, but sadly that also showcases the realities of its slums and corruption. Philosophically, it's probably better to show the GOOD and the BAD instead of trying to shovel the latter under the "carpet". I think visitors, media and the athletes will come away not only with pleasant memories but also a sobering appreciation for the effort put forth, in spite of the challenging realities.

The experience of these games will hopefully also serve to advance the diligence of the CWG committee's Games bid/selection process, so that other "developing" countries hoping to host future games can better understand the expectations and standards, and the challenges that need to addressed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:25:20 AM by STMB »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
I dont know what levels of squalor you are talking about,I am not in Delhi to know but what I do know is the very negative reporting that is usually put out by British TV when its to do with third world countries.I see it on British TV every day,I am certain its the same in Canada,Australia,NZ and the rest.I looked at the news in England and everyday for 12 days prior to the opening they brought you the same bloody pictures,I have read the papers where athletes are all very pleased with the facilities and all else that goes with the games.The fact is the same pictures were brought on a daily basis to satisfy the ignorants around the world.There seems to be some sort of euphoria with the reporting which somehow seems to be degrading India's efforts,I am pleased that India proved them all wrong,even if they completed the job at the last moment.India will be much better for this experience,and remember they are growing fast not like the rest of the world who are hit by austerity and recession.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 12:00:04 PM »
I dont know what levels of squalor you are talking about,I am not in Delhi to know but what I do know is the very negative reporting that is usually put out by British TV when its to do with third world countries.I see it on British TV every day,I am certain its the same in Canada,Australia,NZ and the rest.I looked at the news in England and everyday for 12 days prior to the opening they brought you the same bloody pictures,I have read the papers where athletes are all very pleased with the facilities and all else that goes with the games.The fact is the same pictures were brought on a daily basis to satisfy the ignorants around the world.There seems to be some sort of euphoria with the reporting which somehow seems to be degrading India's efforts,I am pleased that India proved them all wrong,even if they completed the job at the last moment.India will be much better for this experience,and remember they are growing fast not like the rest of the world who are hit by austerity and recession.

Pictures don't lie, there are many of them, and if you can't see squalor in them then..... But again, when foot bridges collapse, Indian athletes (snake story) and past heroes (Milka Singh) speak badly about the accommodations and preparation, then regardless of Western/European/whatever bias, you know there is a fair amount of truth to this.

The fact is, Indian officials and athletes have been to other CWGs and other major Games and know what is expected of a professionally run hosting. I hope the rest of the games conclude without hitches but I tell you, I will continue to hope and cringe until the last T&T athlete gets back on the plane home.

Put it another way, I do not remember this same media having negative reports about Malaysia when they hosted the games in 1998, and well Malays don't resemble Brits, Canucks, Aussies, or Kiwis
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:19:55 PM by STMB »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »
STMB
I understand what you are saying but have you seen the same pictures that was being flashed around the world after the job was completed,I am sure you haven't,the reason is simple...press and TV dont want to show anything that would make India look good.Since when some water and some mud ever kill anybody,the job was done and everything was up to standard in the end.I always find it strange that India always brings out such a response regarding anything.People around the world knows full well that India is now first world and third world,they are a paradox and are self sufficient in everything you or anybody care to mention.I am not Indian and I can detect a bit of jealousy towards India ,and these games were a big chance to highlight anything no matter how trivial.Have you seen the porverty and slums of China,South Africa,Nigeria,Ghana the Philipines etc,well even if you had it wouldn't mean much to anybody.India has had a 10 year plan in operation to mash down all the slums in their cities,that takes time but they are on the move.Their infrastructure is not up to 100%yet but they are working towards that,if Indian professionals were to leave the UK,USA and Canada today they would all be in big du du,the same place they trying to run down because of a trivial matter of cleaning up.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2010, 03:02:13 PM »
STMB
I understand what you are saying but have you seen the same pictures that was being flashed around the world after the job was completed,I am sure you haven't,the reason is simple...press and TV dont want to show anything that would make India look good.Since when some water and some mud ever kill anybody,the job was done and everything was up to standard in the end.I always find it strange that India always brings out such a response regarding anything.People around the world knows full well that India is now first world and third world,they are a paradox and are self sufficient in everything you or anybody care to mention.I am not Indian and I can detect a bit of jealousy towards India ,and these games were a big chance to highlight anything no matter how trivial.Have you seen the porverty and slums of China,South Africa,Nigeria,Ghana the Philipines etc,well even if you had it wouldn't mean much to anybody.India has had a 10 year plan in operation to mash down all the slums in their cities,that takes time but they are on the move.Their infrastructure is not up to 100%yet but they are working towards that,if Indian professionals were to leave the UK,USA and Canada today they would all be in big du du,the same place they trying to run down because of a trivial matter of cleaning up.

Frico, I have seen several "after" pictures but not of the same rooms. They do look spacious and clean and I am sure only a small percentage of rooms were in such a deplorable state in the first place, but bottom line, that was just not acceptable knowing that officials were visiting to check on status. Even when Prince Charles toured the village this weekend they took him on a "sanitized" tour as loose ends were still being tied up in a hurry.

No doubt most third world countries have amazing talent in all fields of study and endeavor but just like T&T, there's that environmental factor. You take a "watless" Trini out of the island and put them to ketch arse in the UK or US and in short time they are winning employee of the month awards, getting their degree online, and so on. But when they repatriate after several years, they get seduced by the perks, nuance between innovation and corruption, the corporate liming and drinks culture, and "wait til tomorrow" attitude that is pervasive.

So while no doubt there is the talent, skill and know-how in India to host these large events, the "diligence" required in planning, executing, and controlling the delivery of such initiatives leaves a lot to be desired, and well that kind of cultural change (diligence and urgency in business) takes a generation or more to materialize. India may be "first world" but only in wealthy pockets here and there.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
Frico,
        I don't want to beat a dead horse. India is capable of doing anything. They have the money, manpower, technology. Nobody is disputing that. But they had to have the fire under their behinds to complete the job. There were complaints by people within Indian about the manner and pace in which the building of the facilities were going. The Indian LOC were complacent. They thought they would have gotten everything done in the last year and a half. There were complaints about cost over-runs(bob-ball). They also never predicted that the final push would be hampered by one of the worst monsoon in memory. Whose fault is that.

Look even so-callled first world countries have issues with building Olimpic infrastructure. Greece had plenty issues. I remember Montreal Olimpic had issues too.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »
Parts of this thread kinda lends weight to Ato's argument to end the Commonwealth Games. It's a multi-sport event yet a thread entitled "Commonwealth Games" appears in the Track & Field room. Obviously T&F is viewed as the main aspect of the Games and if that's the case and it's no longer relevant to the big names in the sport then dump it. On a personal level these Games mean a lot to athletes of other sporting disciplines though and they may find it hard to no longer have the CWG. This is one of the few times when our hockey athletes play against this calibre opposition and the same can be said of our netball team. Squash, archery, shooting, et al would have one less tournament play against strong athletes in their discpline, but those sports are minor in the grand scheme of things. There's no football in the Games and T&F athletes don't care so why bother? Dump the CWG and save the countries the money.

*Disclaimer - argument is partially serious, partially sarcastic and partially taking the piss.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »
STMB,dwolfman and any of the other posters;
I am not a flagbearer for India,my main point was how negative the white press could be when they report from a black country on anything,they could be spiteful in a way that hurts,that is my main gripe.I'll give you an example in England,if there is a news report concerning a health issue the cameras would zoom in on black or brown people while they are shooting the news item at a hospital,it gives the white viewer an immediate negative view of us as black people, most likely  live in foreign and is aware of what I am saying.

I like your explanation of how watless people leave TT and make something of themselves when they go foreign,that reminds me of me coz my parents always thought I was a watless so and so because I didn't achieve like my sisters and brother.I was always in trouble at school for minor things,I was once locked up for riding a bike on the South Trunk Road,I also got knocked down by atruck while riding my friend's new bike.The bike was mashed up and my father had to pay for it.I am totally different now and my only regret is that they are not around to see me now.
Regards mate!

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 12:54:09 PM »
STMB,dwolfman and any of the other posters;
I am not a flagbearer for India,my main point was how negative the white press could be when they report from a black country on anything,they could be spiteful in a way that hurts,that is my main gripe.I'll give you an example in England,if there is a news report concerning a health issue the cameras would zoom in on black or brown people while they are shooting the news item at a hospital,it gives the white viewer an immediate negative view of us as black people, most likely  live in foreign and is aware of what I am saying.

I like your explanation of how watless people leave TT and make something of themselves when they go foreign,that reminds me of me coz my parents always thought I was a watless so and so because I didn't achieve like my sisters and brother.I was always in trouble at school for minor things,I was once locked up for riding a bike on the South Trunk Road,I also got knocked down by atruck while riding my friend's new bike.The bike was mashed up and my father had to pay for it.I am totally different now and my only regret is that they are not around to see me now.
Regards mate!

There are decent people of all races and there are ignorant counterparts as well. It is left to the common sense of viewers/readers to discern what is fact from what is rubbish or skewed information. Bias is human nature and will not go away, so don't lose sleep over it. Doing a positive 180 on your life is just the kind of example that will sway the perceptions of the ignorant over time. India needs to do the same, and maybe successfully hosting these games will help.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:55:51 PM by STMB »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
The athletics was an issue. It should be repaired by now. The athletics starts on Wed. Well it is Wed in India.

From BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/9063800.stm

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »
This may sound kind of harsh, but with the competition at this meet, if Callendar does not make the podium, he would have delivered a sub-par performance at these games.

http://results.cwgdelhi2010.org/en/Comp.mvc/DetailedScheduleByDate?sportCode=AT&day=06-10-2010&expandAll=False

HEATS

Heat 3
1Q    Emmanuel CALLENDER (TRI)   10.29
2Q    Ramone McKenzie (JAM)   10.45
3Q    Stephen HEADLEY (BAR)   10.56
4    Simon KIMARU (KEN)   10.87
5    Moses KAMUT (VAN)   11.01
6    Joe Matmat (PNG)   11.3
7    Musa SANDY (SLE)   11.48
8    Kicio WELSH (AIA)   DSQ

Heat 8
1Q    Aaron Armstrong (TRI)   10.35
2Q    KUBI APPIAH (GHA)   10.42
3Q    Rodney GREEN (BAH)   10.45
4q    Harold HOUSTON (BER)   10.58
5q    Krishnakumar RANE (IND)   10.61
6    Richard RICHARDSON (ANT)   10.7
7    Kupun Wisil (PNG)   10.95
8    Chris Walasi (SOL)   11.19

Heat 2
1Q    Md QURESHI (IND)   10.4
2Q    Aaron ROUGE-SERRET (AUS)   10.42
3Q    Allah LARYEA-AKRONG (GHA)   10.45
4q    Marcus DUNCAN (TRI)   10.59
5    MUSTAPA BIB (SIN)   10.73
6    Chavaughn WALSH (ANT)   10.82
7    Jack Iroga (SOL)   11.2
8    Felix MWANGO (MAW)   11.58
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:24:14 AM by Aviator »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »
I came across this on BBC's website today. Long but interesting.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyce/2010/10/why_are_there_so_few_british_a.html

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »
Callender and Armstrong in de semis

1   7   1719   OGHOGHENE Egwero    NGR   0.159      10.13   Q   
2   4   1919   CALLENDER Emmanuel   TRI   0.177      10.18   Q   
3   6   1530   MCKENZIE Ramone   JAM   0.187      10.40   Q   
4   8   1129   HEADLEY Stephen Arlington William   BAR   0.162      10.40   q   
5   5   1355   APPIAH KUBI Emmanuel   GHA   0.162      10.47      
6   9   1115   GREEN Rodney   BAH   0.159      10.50      
7   2   1463   RANE Krishnakumar Satish   IND   0.157      10.55      
8   3   1844   BIN JAMAL Muhammad Amirudin   SIN   0.195      10.64

1   7   1516   CLARKE Lerone Ephraime    JAM   0.156      10.19   Q   
2   5   1916   ARMSTRONG Aaron   TRI   0.164      10.23   Q   
3   4   1086   ROUGE-SERRET Aaron   AUS   0.151      10.29   Q   
4   6   1122   ROLLE Jamial   BAH   0.172      10.39   q   SB
5   9   1364   LARYEA-AKRONG Allah   GHA   0.196      10.46      
6   8   1852   LAWRENCE Brijesh Sharmari   SKN   0.175      10.62      
7   3   1638   LEHATA Mosito   LES   0.178      10.63      PB
8   2   1377   BASCOM Jeremy   GUY   0.174      10.63

1   7   1285   LEWIS-FRANCIS Mark Anthony    ENG   0.146      10.20   Q   
2   9   1369   ZAKARI Aziz   GHA   0.202      10.27   Q   
3   5   1116   GRIFFITH Adrian   BAH   0.161      10.30   Q   
4   6   1461   QURESHI Md Abdul Najeeb   IND   0.180      10.30   q   PB
5   3   1920   DUNCAN Marcus John   TRI   0.158      10.59      
6   8   1199   ADAM Idrissa   CMR   0.196      10.68      SB
7   4   1849   YEO Foo Ee Gary   SIN   0.167      10.7
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »
how duncan make that team?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »
My boy aziz still running lol

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2010, 04:30:02 AM »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 07:11:56 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyce/2010/10/why_are_there_so_few_british_a.html

you should post this in the general section...look like this topic is not just limited to T&T
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 08:37:48 AM »
                                                                     ATHLETICS
                       Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (JNS)
                                                                      100m Men
                                                                           Final
                       THU 7 OCT 2010
                       Start Time: 19:30
                                                                        Results
                                                                                                    JAM           Berlin (GER)              16 AUG 2009
 WORLD RECORD                                                                  9.58 Usain BOLT
                                                                                                    TRI           Kuala Lumpur (MAS)               1998
 GAMES RECORD                                                                  9.88 Ato BOLDON
                                                                                                                                           Wind: +0.3m/s
                                                                                                          Reaction
   Rank       Bib Name                                       Nat                 Date of Birth   Lane                           Result
                                                                                                                time
       1     1516 CLARKE Lerone Ephraime                     JAM                 12 JUN 1981        7          0.165             10.12
       2     1285 LEWIS-FRANCIS Mark Anthony                                                                                     10.20
                                                             ENG                   4 SEP 1982       8          0.148
       3     1916 ARMSTRONG Aaron                            TRI                 14 OCT 1977        5          0.158             10.24
       4     1919 CALLENDER Emmanuel                         TRI                 10 MAY
1984        4          0.196             10.25
       5     1086 ROUGE-SERRET Aaron                                                                                             10.30
                                                             AUS                 28 JAN 1988        9          0.180
       6     1705 EMELEZIE Peter                                                                                                 10.31
                                                             NGR                 19 APR 1988        3          0.182
       7     1163 EFFAH Sam                                  CAN                 29 DEC 1988        6          0.171             10.37
             1507 BAILEY Oshane Andre                        JAM                   8 SEP 1988       2                             DNS
  Weather conditions
  Temperature:                 30 °C               Humidity:                    65 %                  Conditions:                Sky Clear
 Legend
         Did not Start
 DNS
                                                                                                                                              Page 1 of 1
ATM001101_C73A 1.0                                           Report Created THU 7 OCT 2010 19:37

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2010, 08:43:31 AM »

you should post this in the general section...look like this topic is not just limited to T&T
I frighten this will turn into a big race thing but here it goes....

truetrini

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2010, 09:54:26 AM »

Aged 34!

He is a very close friend of mine, 2 straight olympic finals two straight times he pulled up.

was banned for EPO and has returned.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
how duncan make that team?
Our top high school runners should not be running 10.59.  I think we have to take a serious look at the timing of athletes at home.  All those fast times translate to disappointingly slow times abroad.  Something wrong with the timing, the coaches, the selectors - the whole system.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »

Aged 34!

He is a very close friend of mine, 2 straight olympic finals two straight times he pulled up.

was banned for EPO and has returned.

Since he is ah good friend of yours ask him about them 2 "cramps" he get in them finals.....

1]; } ?>