April 25, 2024, 06:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Roy Keane: Keep your mouth shut Scotland  (Read 6842 times)

Roy Keane: Keep your mouth shut Scotland
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »
Apparently Jason Scotland rated up his 17 year old strike partner, saying that he might play for England one day while he (Scotland) was being interviewed after the 2-0 win over Cardiff.

When the same question was asked of Roy Keane by Skysports news reporters, he said "I think Jason should keep his mouth shut and focus on his own game"

He did this with ah real serious face.........lol

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:45:27 AM by andre samuel »

Re: Roy Keane: Keep your mouth shut Scotland
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »
Typical Keane behaviour.
Doesn't seem wise for Keane to create tension over something like this.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
Apparently Jason Scotland rated up his 17 year old strike partner, saying that he might play for England one day while he (Scotland) was being interviewed after the 2-0 win over Cardiff.

When the same question was asked of Roy Keane by Skysports news reporters, he said "I think Jason should keep his mouth shut and focus on his own game"

He did this with ah real serious face.........lol

The sad part about that, is Jason won't say boo about that comment, because is bench for the rest a the season.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Typical Keane behaviour.
Doesn't seem wise for Keane to create tension over something like this.

yuh think Keane need anudda International player in he ranks....Keep yuh F-ing mouth shut yes !  :devil:

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »
I always admired Keane's work ethic on the field and his defenisive abilities. I never liked anything else about him. Without even verifying if he ever actually made this comment I still don't like him.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »
Connor Wickham is a man everybody trying to buy, and Keane don't want him going anywhere. He actually say Scotty should focus on his own game or become Wickham's agent. In other words, stop helping build up buzz and hyping up a man we don't want leaving in January.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 01:44:27 PM »
Connor Wickham is a man everybody trying to buy, and Keane don't want him going anywhere. He actually say Scotty should focus on his own game or become Wickham's agent. In other words, stop helping build up buzz and hyping up a man we don't want leaving in January.

Some folks doh read between the lines!  ;)

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 02:00:24 PM »
Since when Scotland was any authority to hype up a player. If the youth is good , everyone will see it and Scotland has nothing to do with which manager is interested in the player. Even so, Keane's choice of words fails him yet again.

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 11:35:07 PM »
where is the video clip of this interview?.....post it nah man

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »
No need for sucha terse answer.  Obviously, Sctoland has seen the lad's potential, and while he might be presumptuous in saying the lad might play for England, Keene's answer was a reflection of his shortsomings as a manager.  He has zero people / motivational skills beaides fear tactics.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:45:18 AM »
No need for sucha terse answer.  Obviously, Sctoland has seen the lad's potential, and while he might be presumptuous in saying the lad might play for England, Keene's answer was a reflection of his shortsomings as a manager.  He has zero people / motivational skills beaides fear tactics.

Yuh fuhget, and asshole tendencies.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 09:03:59 AM »
Sometimes I tend to wonder if Keane is a Cu&t.

One day he go insult de wrong man.

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 09:15:28 AM »
Sometimes I tend to wonder if Keane is a Cu&t.

One day he go insult de wrong man.

He already did & missed proving himself in a World Cup!  8)

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 09:19:31 AM »
No need for sucha terse answer.  Obviously, Sctoland has seen the lad's potential, and while he might be presumptuous in saying the lad might play for England, Keene's answer was a reflection of his shortsomings as a manager.  He has zero people / motivational skills besides fear bully tactics.

Fix it fuh yuh!

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 10:04:25 AM »
Cognitive dissonance really contagious boy...

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »

Yeah... try and work on dat nah.

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
where is the video clip of this interview?.....post it nah man

same ting i saying..

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 11:54:23 AM »

It's just that RK is the type that everyone loves to hate, or is it hate to love? I doh see nothing wrong with giving him props, but still calling him out for the crap he says and do sometimes...just my take.

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 12:13:52 PM »

It's just that RK is the type that everyone loves to hate, or is it hate to love? I doh see nothing wrong with giving him props, but still calling him out for the crap he says and do sometimes...just my take.

De comment come off rell gruff in troot eh, buh I sure he have he reasons.  Scotty hypin up de yute could inflate de yute ego and could also help to attract attention and bids which I doubt Keane want right now.  So me eh really see nutten wrong with him saying what he said.  Keane is who he is, he will never talk to people nice or sugar coat tings so man jus ha to deal.  Scotty eh go respond because he smarter dan dat hopefully.

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 12:18:46 PM »
I dont blame Keane. You cant rate a 17 yr old kid like that too early.

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 02:01:43 PM »
if yuh skin thin, doh play for d man, otherwise he still hiring the most Trinis

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »

Dias exactly why. We have ah high tolerance fuh BS

Is ah Fuller slap he need. Ah hear Marlon King break outta jail. Leh Keane buy him  :devil:

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »

Is ah Fuller slap he need. Ah hear Marlon King break outta jail. Leh Keane buy him  :devil:

Yup he need ah slap an den when he say f**k all ah dem ah bet many ah allyuh go be happy ent?!  De man eh no f**kin boyscout and all of dem players in English football know it.  So either exhaust all yuh odda options or sign with him an deal an shut yuh c0nt!

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 02:41:17 PM »

Yup he need ah slap an den when he say f**k all ah dem ah bet many ah allyuh go be happy ent?!  De man eh no f**kin boyscout and all of dem players in English football know it.  So either exhaust all yuh odda options or sign with him an deal an shut yuh c0nt!

LOL

Dias dem. If he talking so in public ah could only imagine what he doing in private.

He probably tellin dem to Bend over.

No doubt he does geh off on that. Ah bet he cyah bull unless he think bout how he f*ck up somebody earlier in de day  :shameonyou:

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »

niiice D cups

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
De comment come off rell gruff in troot eh, buh I sure he have he reasons.  Scotty hypin up de yute could inflate de yute ego and could also help to attract attention and bids which I doubt Keane want right now.  So me eh really see nutten wrong with him saying what he said.  Keane is who he is, he will never talk to people nice or sugar coat tings so man jus ha to deal.  Scotty eh go respond because he smarter dan dat hopefully.

Whether Keane's concerns are legitimate or not is completely beside the point... there's a way of doing things and Roy Keane has persistently demonstrated tone deafness when it comes to tact and diplomacy.  That outspokenness might win you a backslap and a couple pints down at the local pub but it has hardly worked for him in the locker room.  Belittling your players in public is hardly the best way to engender respect and demonstrate leadership.

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »
Scotland Tips Wickham for England.
TWTD.co.uk.

Striker Jason Scotland says team-mate Connor Wickham will play for England one day. Scotland, who netted Town's second goal in Saturday's 2-0 victory over Cardiff, has been hugely impressed with the 17-year-old since joining the club from Wigan in a £750,000 deal last month.

Scotland said: “I couldn’t believe when I came into the club that he was that big and that young. He’s got a big future ahead of him, not just for Ipswich but England and he’s probably going to play for one of the top clubs in English football. But for now he needs to focus on doing well and being as good as he can be."

The Trinidad and Tobago international admits that the youngster already has the edge on him in some aspects of the game: “I’m not as big and strong as him! I’m not as good in the air and he will be more of a handful for defenders than me because he’s strong and powerful in the air.

“In training our defenders hate to play against him, they say ‘Connor, you should be on my team!’ because they know how dangerous he can be.

“He loves a battle and putting himself about but he’s a good player as well. He brings people into play. Playing week in and week out, he’s only going to get better.”

Scotland, who was convinced the Blues ought to have been awarded a first half penalty on Saturday when Wickham was felled by Gabor Gyepes, is pleased with the way his Town career has started but says he’s not yet fully fit: “I’m delighted, that’s two goals in five games.

“It’s been all right, we’re second in the table, we’re playing decent football and we just want to keep our foot on the pedal and do as well as we can and see where that takes us.

“Fitness-wise I’m getting there, I don’t want to say I’m at top fitness but I’m getting there. It’s taking me a lot of time to recover because we’re playing Saturday-Tuesday, Saturday-Tuesday and when you’re not fit you tend to recover slower and when you’re fit you recover faster, so it’s taking me a little more time to recover with the games coming thick and fast.”

Meanwhile, Keane didn’t appear overly impressed with Jason Scotland’s prediction in the wake of the Cardiff game that Connor Wickham would one day play for England: “Maybe Jason should keep his mouth shut and concentrate and focus on his own game, or maybe become Connor’s agent!”

The Town boss says he’s unhappy with the amount of hype currently surrounding Wickham: "There's too much now, give the boy a chance. The fact that the question's been asked, we'll end up talking about him.

"He's returned from injury, if we think we're going to have a good season down to one player you're sadly mistaken."

Wickham could be rested for this evening's Carling Cup tie at Millwall as he's only just back from the ankle problem he suffered in pre-season.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:59:29 PM by Flex »

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

Whether Keane's concerns are legitimate or not is completely beside the point... there's a way of doing things and Roy Keane has persistently demonstrated tone deafness when it comes to tact and diplomacy.  That outspokenness might win you a backslap and a couple pints down at the local pub but it has hardly worked for him in the locker room.  Belittling your players in public is hardly the best way to engender respect and demonstrate leadership.
Clearly .That's the sort of comment you hear from managers talking about a disruptive player who's on his way out anyway. He was and is a serious backside.

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »
I wonder if he will bench Scotland  ::)

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 09:47:04 PM »

Yeah... try and work on dat nah.

*cough*