April 19, 2024, 01:55:00 AM

Author Topic: Carling Cup 2010  (Read 8630 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Carling Cup 2010
« on: September 21, 2010, 02:46:47 PM »
Carling Cup (spoiler)

Tottenham vs Arsenal
1-2 right now in extra time
Offside goal by Keean and phantom penalty on Nasri. Officials deciding the outcome of the game. Real entertaining though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:26:17 PM by Flex »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carling Cup (spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
is 3-1 now
That second penalty look suspect. But say what. Ref call it.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
#4 by Arshavin was sweet  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 03:16:22 PM »
is 3-1 now
That second penalty look suspect. But say what. Ref call it.

the second one looked a good call when first seen and yuh could see how the ref give it. Even on the replay, he was fouled but I have seen it not given.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
I was surprised at the strength of the team the Arse out out today but they were full value for their win tonight.  A lot of Spurs fringe players hurt their cause badly tonight, the one bright spot was Sandro who had a good debut.

I could spout a litany of excuses (like Arse fans after the 5-1 a few years back) but licks is licks.

Well played Goooners.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »
I was surprised at the strength of the team the Arse out out today but they were full value for their win tonight.  A lot of Spurs fringe players hurt their cause badly tonight, the one bright spot was Sandro who had a good debut.

I could spout a litany of excuses (like Arse fans after the 5-1 a few years back) but licks is licks.

Well played Goooners.

But of the players that started the game for Arsenal, only Nasri, Koscielny, and 17 year old Wilshere are starters in Arsenal's first team

Denilson, Eboue, Vela, Rosicky, Gibbs, Fabianski, & Djourou are all usually on the subs bench.

Arshavin & Chamakh came on in the 73rd & 75th mins and Clichy was the last sub at 102 mins.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »

Well played Goooners.

But of the players that started the game for Arsenal, only Nasri, Koscielny, and 17 year old Wilshere are starters in Arsenal's first team

Denilson, Eboue, Vela, Rosicky, Gibbs, Fabianski, & Djourou are all usually on the subs bench.

Arshavin & Chamakh came on in the 73rd & 75th mins and Clichy was the last sub at 102 mins.

Yeah but in previous years it would be them bench men plus half a side of youths.

Spurs actually played a more fringy side. Men like Naughton and Bentley don't even get sub sweat for Spurs.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »

Well played Goooners.

Yeah but in previous years it would be them bench men plus half a side of youths.

Spurs actually played a more fringy side. Men like Naughton and Bentley don't even get sub sweat for Spurs.

This.

I don't get Harry sometimes, we suffered our worst home defeat to the Arse in 32 years but listening to the post-match interview you would think we narrowly lost to Doncaster or something.  I can't imagine any other manager using a match against their fierce rivals as an opportunity to give fringe players a run out under any circumstances.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 07:45:39 PM »
I can't imagine any other manager using a match against their fierce rivals as an opportunity to give fringe players a run out under any circumstances.

That sounding like you talking about a certain Caribbean coach...  ::)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »

Well played Goooners.

This.

I don't get Harry sometimes, we suffered our worst home defeat to the Arse in 32 years but listening to the post-match interview you would think we narrowly lost to Doncaster or something.  I can't imagine any other manager using a match against their fierce rivals as an opportunity to give fringe players a run out under any circumstances.

In another british article they were saying that the two teams were competing to see who could care less about the Carling cup... and it was ironic as usually Tottenham go all out to win it... but this time it was clear that Arsenal were taking it just slightly more serious...

Tottenham have big fish to fry now (champions league)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carling Cup 2010
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »
Jones on target as Stoke beat Fulham 2-0

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 03:51:28 AM »

In another british article they were saying that the two teams were competing to see who could care less about the Carling cup... and it was ironic as usually Tottenham go all out to win it... but this time it was clear that Arsenal were taking it just slightly more serious...

Tottenham have big fish to fry now (champions league)

Wenger lapse with this competition in the past and should try harder. He have a team that have nobody who lift a trophy in a Arsenal jersey. Even the league cup is something because it makes players feel successful at the club.

United winning the League Cup in Ruud last season after two years with nothing was good intro to them winning the league 3 years straight.

Now if only Ferguson would show the FA Cup some respect.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 06:06:56 AM »
Wenger starting to feel the crunch lil bit i feel. When last did the gunners win any trophy.

Can't live on the 'youth' excuse for so long. While the league may be too much of a marathon for a young squad. It's fair to say that the cup runs should be well within the reach of his squad.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 09:34:37 AM »
Any links for the Man.U game today? I know it showing on FSC PLUS.I don't have that channel :'(

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 09:50:45 AM »
Wenger starting to feel the crunch lil bit i feel. When last did the gunners win any trophy.

Can't live on the 'youth' excuse for so long. While the league may be too much of a marathon for a young squad. It's fair to say that the cup runs should be well within the reach of his squad.

For Arsenal, going for the Carling Cup would most likely mean giving up on the league title or a good CL run.
Not many teams are capable of fighting on three fronts in 1 season and certainly not Arsenal with their papier maché players.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
Chelsea vs Newcastle

Chelsea have a 15 year old on the bench tonight

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
Chelsea vs Newcastle

Dat is criminal.

There ought to be a law against that.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 01:17:48 PM »

Well played Goooners.
I thought that Sandro was poor. More like a Lucas type.
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »
Chelsea have a strong team on view. But they trailing 2-1
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 01:25:24 PM »
Chelsea have a strong team on view. But they trailing 2-1

Not particularly strong...Turnbull, Van Aarholt, Bruma, Zhirkov, Kakuta and Sturridge are all reserves

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »
Chelsea 1 vs New Castle 3  :o
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »
I don't know what was worse, the bad pass, the defending, or the goalkeeping

3-1 Newcastle.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »
17 year old replacing the sub.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »
Chelsea vs Newcastle

Not sure but I think I saw this youth play for England U17 at their Euro championships. Definitely talented especially at that age level. One to watch.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »
17 year old replacing the sub.

and now benayoun is injured too. down to 10 men....this sux lol

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 02:09:01 PM »
Chelsea down to 10 men. First Kalou pull up and now Benayoun goes down with no more subs. lol

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 02:09:45 PM »
Chelsea down to 10 men.

all subs made, and then Benayoun pulls up lame...

Ah man now tell me that b/c Terry not playing, men distracted looking to see who gyul he scopin

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 02:11:03 PM »
Chelsea vs Newcastle

Not sure but I think I saw this youth play for England U17 at their Euro championships. Definitely talented especially at that age level. One to watch.

that was him. McEachran was also the star of chelsea's youth team last season (which won the fa youth cup)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »
Ah cah lie nah Anelka is ah rell f**kin boss yuh kno!!! :o

1]; } ?>