April 19, 2024, 09:35:02 AM

Author Topic: Seven exceptionally good players for T&T to build on for 2014.  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Seven exceptionally good players for T&T to build on for 2014.
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »
Players T&T can look forward to in the future.

Future Players - Past Players

Marvin Phillip - Kelvin Jack
Best shot stopper I have seen since Jack.

Hughtun Hector - Carlos Edwards
Very gifted player.

Jake Samuel Thomson - Cyd Gray
Determin and techincally good.

Keon Daniel - Russell Latapy
If he can be consistent and not lazy, if converted to center midfield, he will flourish, at the moment, he to dam lazy.

Khaleem Hyland - David Nakhid
Nuff said.

Yohance Marshall - Dennis Lawrence
In the making of a great center back.

Julius James - Marvin Andrews
In the making of a great center back. And a Brent Sancho type attitude too, fight, fight.

Off course experience players like Carlos Edwards, Jlloyd Samuel, Cornell Glen, Anthony Wolfe, Silvio Spann, Christopher Birchall, Collin Samuel, Darryl Roberts, Stern John, Andre Boucaud, Lester Peltier and Osei Telesford will all still play a big part.

Youths like Leston Paul, Sean De Silva, Daneil Cyrus, Micah Lewis, Uriah Bentick, Kevin Graham, Joevin Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Carlyle Mitchell, Robert Primus, Ataullah Guerra and Jamal Gay can still break through.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:27:03 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Seven exceptionally good players for T&T to build on for 2014.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »
Marc "Passion" Leslie having a great season at North East

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:48:41 AM »
Marc "Passion" Leslie having a great season at North East

I saw Marc Leslie play and he is good, but how old he is ?

Want about Jason Devenish, I doh hear anything from him on Stars side in a long time.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
Think Passion is around 27. First time I saw Devenish I believed he would be the next big player out of T&T. However, for whatever reasons he played less and less for North East and has now left the club. Think he is associated with the Red Bull toe to toe thing. I hope he gets another club coz he has so much potential.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »
Good list Sam, add these two..

Joevin Jones = Avery John.

Shahdon Winchester = Arnold Dwarika.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »
So we destined to be just as mediocre as always ! lol I was hoping for a golden generation with these youths coming up .

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »
Think Passion is around 27. First time I saw Devenish I believed he would be the next big player out of T&T. However, for whatever reasons he played less and less for North East and has now left the club. Think he is associated with the Red Bull toe to toe thing. I hope he gets another club coz he has so much potential.

Like T&T have pure bad luck when it comes to finding another good central midfielder. A pure number 10.

From Lyndon Andrews to Kerwin Jemmot to Josmir Belgrave to Keon Daniel to Brent Rahim to Ataullah Guerra and now Jason Devenish, hope he head straight.

Men just cant step up.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:10:25 AM by Sam »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »
So we destined to be just as mediocre as always ! lol I was hoping for a golden generation with these youths coming up .
Just remember that 6 of those 7 mediocre players were good enough to get us to a world cup. Only Nakid was not there.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 09:09:47 AM »
Sam, how is Y.Marshall a great centre back in the making?  Is your statement based on a recall to the Galaxy?

Keon Daniel's head no where near football!! Please dont compare him or even put his name close to Latas!

Hector is not in the league with Carlos Edwards..........a totally different type of player

I agree with you on the Marvin Phillip, Khaleem Hyland, Julius James, Jake Thomson

Why no Kenwyne Jones......he's only 25 and Chris Birchall?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 09:15:51 AM »
Sam, how is Y.Marshall a great centre back in the making?  Is your statement based on a recall to the Galaxy?

Keon Daniel's head no where near football!! Please dont compare him or even put his name close to Latas!

Hector is not in the league with Carlos Edwards..........a totally different type of player

I agree with you on the Marvin Phillip, Khaleem Hyland, Julius James, Jake Thomson

Yes, Marshall is a good one for the future and yes because he was recalled by LA and yes because he plays in a better league and than anyone of our central defenders at the moment, and yes because he have a good attitude, and yes he have the size and speed, so give him time.

And I mention Daniel is lazy, but he can be a great player, Latapy was great for T&T only in the late part of his career like Yorke was when it comes to T&T football. He was more complete in other words, Latapy use to beat though many players but in de end, Costa Rica, Mexico and USA use to still buss we ass most of the times.

Never said Hector was better than Edwards.

And I said Brichall and Jones will play a BIG part for our 2014 and 2018 push. Like I said, EXPERIENCE players, I never said old.

Again, allyuh not getting de picture.

And why cant these players be better or equally as good, tell me why ?

Some players develop before others, give them time, they might surpirse many here.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:28:23 AM by Sam »

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52:46 AM »

Yes, Marshall is a good one for the future and yes because he was recalled by LA and yes because he plays in a better league and than anyone of our central defenders at the moment, and yes because he have a good attitude, and yes he have the size and speed, so give him time.

And I mention Daniel is lazy, but he can be a great player, Latapy was great for T&T only in the late part of his career like Yorke was when it comes to T&T football. He was more complete in other words, Latapy use to beat though many players but in de end, Costa Rica, Mexico and USA use to still buss we ass most of the times.

Never said Hector was better than Edwards.

And I said Brichall and Jones will play a BIG part for our 2014 and 2018 push. Like I said, EXPERIENCE players, I never said old.

Again, allyuh not getting de picture.

And why cant these players be better or equally as good, tell me why ?

Some players develop before others, give them time, they might surpirse many here.

Agreed. Like all of those players including peltier except we give that guy 2 much props. Peltier is one of those players that have all the tools for the game but he doesn't seem to have the brain for it. He's still young tho so maybe he'll develop to his full potential in th enext few yrs.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 11:10:15 AM »
Keon Daniel....you not serious.  That man shouldn't be nowhere near we national team...steups....  The man had probably one good game ever fuh T&T.....   The man may be technically gifted but he legs slow and he football brain like it slower....Can we move one now....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 11:29:33 AM »
Agreed. Like all of those players including peltier except we give that guy 2 much props. Peltier is one of those players that have all the tools for the game but he doesn't seem to have the brain for it. He's still young tho so maybe he'll develop to his full potential in th enext few yrs.

That funny, because de players you describing sounds a little like Kenwyne Jones, Theo Walcott, Collin Samuel, Ryan Babel, Kerwin Jemmot, Jerol Forbes, Gorean Highley, Josmir Belgrave... etc etc.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:31:55 AM by Sam »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 11:59:07 AM »
[And I mention Daniel is lazy, but he can be a great player, Latapy was great for T&T only in the late part of his career like Yorke was when it comes to T&T football. He was more complete in other words, Latapy use to beat though many players but in de end, Costa Rica, Mexico and USA use to still buss we ass most of the times.

JUST...SAY...NO TO DRUGS BOSS!!!!!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 01:14:54 PM »
Keon Daniel - Russell Latapy
never to be in d same line hoss
gtfoh

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »
what ever happen to radanfah abu bakr? last time i see he had trials with southampton? (correct me if im wrong) and some clubs in de MLS. always thought he was better than de usual suspects we have in de back line
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
Not a bad list Sam except for Keon Daniel.talent yes,head no.Jemmot is the biggest disappointment for replacing Latapy.Only St Clair get a little 10% out of him.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
Lol I watch the list and there are no exceptional players on that list .... unfortunate.... but in terms of our player pool mediocrity reigns.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »
Lol I watch the list and there are no exceptional players on that list .... unfortunate.... but in terms of our player pool mediocrity reigns.
Yuh could still squeeze a lil something out of mediocre. Right now we ain't even that.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 04:03:25 PM »
:devil: Ent

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »
Wouldn't you say that hyland was julius james is exceptional? i seem to think so.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
Wouldn't you say that hyland was julius james is exceptional? i seem to think so.
In T&T standards Hyland and James are exceptional don't know bout the rest Marshall looks kinda good but can't be to sure from one game.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 09:19:59 PM »
Keon Daniel....you not serious.  That man shouldn't be nowhere near we national team...steups....  The man had probably one good game ever fuh T&T.....   The man may be technically gifted but he legs slow and he football brain like it slower....Can we move one now....

agreed. all the games i have been to where daniel is a starter, the crowd is usally calling for him to be subbed after 20 mins of play. he is one of the most frustrating players to watch. i think he was given the world of chances and has not been able to make a note. so is not much that cud be done with him again  :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 02:08:16 AM »
In T&T standards Hyland and James are exceptional don't know bout the rest Marshall looks kinda good but can't be to sure from one game.
By TT standards Hyland and James are exceptional? Have we fallen so far down the totem pole? Madness!
James is always causing a penalty or some kind of mistake in the defense after he has battled hard for like 70 or 80 mins exceptional defenders cut out those mistakes he is 25 he aint no rookie and he hasn't mastered the mls yet and as for Hyland he is an average midfielder not a creative lynchpin or anything like that he stands out because the level of our current players is so low that he is one of the few to actually have a foreign contract  ...  he is NOT exceptional  by TT standards!
Russell Latapy, Dwight Yorke (on his day), Otis Whitley (on his day) and men like Jerron Nixon and Ivan Sampson are exceptional talents!
Julius James and Hyland are not!.... I mean come on .... really?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »
I never said htese players were better than past players.

But this is what we have to work with. We have no choice.

And Sando, you are right, that Joevin Jones fella real composed.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »
By TT standards Hyland and James are exceptional? Have we fallen so far down the totem pole? Madness!
James is always causing a penalty or some kind of mistake in the defense after he has battled hard for like 70 or 80 mins exceptional defenders cut out those mistakes he is 25 he aint no rookie and he hasn't mastered the mls yet and as for Hyland he is an average midfielder not a creative lynchpin or anything like that he stands out because the level of our current players is so low that he is one of the few to actually have a foreign contract  ...  he is NOT exceptional  by TT standards!
Russell Latapy, Dwight Yorke (on his day), Otis Whitley (on his day) and men like Jerron Nixon and Ivan Sampson are exceptional talents!
Julius James and Hyland are not!.... I mean come on .... really?
Am Afraid we have fallen that far i don't see no Yorkes and Latapy's comming from T&T in a while hope am wrong though. Hyland and James is exceptional in the term that they are currently 2 of our best players. Hyland been lighting up the Belgium league i think your being kinda harsh on him, when last we had a central mid doing what he is doing?

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 02:01:33 PM »
How everybody forget Leston Paul.

makings of a truly great talent

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »

That funny, because de players you describing sounds a little like Kenwyne Jones, Theo Walcott, Collin Samuel, Ryan Babel, Kerwin Jemmot, Jerol Forbes, Gorean Highley, Josmir Belgrave... etc etc.
so in other words he can either turn into Kerwin Jemmot or Theo Walcott which is my point he is an undefined and unproven play who can be a big bang or bust, right now tho he's a bust imo

1]; } ?>