March 28, 2024, 10:36:53 AM

Author Topic: Bishop Long  (Read 8100 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Bishop Long
« on: September 27, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »
...with the blindingly rapid spread of (mis) information via the various social networks and forums, it really doesn't take much to ruin/expose a person's character huh?

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bishop Long
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:34:27 PM »
...with the blindingly rapid spread of (mis) information via the various social networks and forums, it really doesn't take much to ruin/expose a person's character huh?

point taken, but I see something wrong with a pastor sending pics of himself posing in the bathroom to members of his congregation.

Billy Graham had a rule, he would not sit alone with a woman who was not his wife, there would always have to be a third party present or the interaction would have to be in full view of other persons. When you in positions such as those yuh have to be very careful who you expose(have close relationships with) yourself to.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:36:33 PM by makaveli »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »

point taken, but I see something wrong with a pastor sending pics of himself posing in the bathroom to members of his congregation.

Billy Graham had a rule, he would not sit alone with a woman who was not his wife, there would always have to be a third party present or the interaction would have to be in full view of other persons. When you in positions such as those yuh have to be very careful who you expose(have close relationships with) yourself to.

The first thing we must ask ourselves is "did he really send those pictures?"  Or, did they just end up in the wrong hands?

Assuming he did we need to look into the circumstances under which he sent them... was he pose off in speedos in he private bathroom trying to look sexy fuh de yutes or was he in some kinda dressing room or communal shower shirtless?  There are many other questions that need asking before we rush to judgment.   If he did infact sexually harrass these fellas then he deserves whatever is coming to him, but until then he deserves the presumption of innocence just as the next man.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »

ENTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »
Is not like these fellas that want to do dey stuff don't hide in the last place people would look. It aint just the Catholic church.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
Is not like these fellas that want to do dey stuff don't hide in the last place people would look. It aint just the Catholic church.

What make you think that's the last place to look?  You must not be familiar with the black Christian churches.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »

What make you think that's the last place to look?  You must not be familiar with the black Christian churches.

What? Are they hotbeds of iniquity and houses of assignation?

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 01:26:28 AM »

hahahahah is chuch yuh talking about...lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:21:53 AM »

hahahahah is chuch yuh talking about...lol

LOL.... dat one was right in yuh crease, yuh bitch lol

Asylum, all it takes is one visit tuh ah black church and to take a good look at the choir or the choir director/musical director they have running it.  I ent complaining, everybody welcomed at the altar... but the black church like is ah haven.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
I not passing judgement on the man but what I do know is where there is smoke there is fire!!  Having lived in the Atlanta area for the past 13 years, the pulse here is that he "did" do something.  Now what he did, no one really knows.  But to say "I am not a perfect man....but I am not the man that I am being portrayed to be" is nonesense especially when yuh not saying whether yuh do it or not....

Is either yuh denying it or not and if yuh not denying it then most people will believe you did it.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 07:02:23 AM »
I not passing judgement on the man but what I do know is where there is smoke there is fire!!  Having lived in the Atlanta area for the past 13 years, the pulse here is that he "did" do something.  Now what he did, no one really knows.  But to say "I am not a perfect man....but I am not the man that I am being portrayed to be" is nonesense especially when yuh not saying whether yuh do it or not....

Is either yuh denying it or not and if yuh not denying it then most people will believe you did it.

That's pretty much what I was thinking too.
I don't know the man from Adam. Never heard of him before last week. I watched his pulpit speech on Sunday and never heard "innocent" or "I didn't do it." He got lawyered up, encased his speech in scriptures and said he never portrayed himself as a perfect man. Well, none of us are perfect. We each have various sizes of skeletons  in our closet from priest to pastor, doctor to teacher. But were I innocent, I would want my flock to know. I would want to reassure them, that their shepherd, their Bishop, is a good and decent person despite the media feeding frenzy. I would be screaming my innocence from the rooftops. This isn't lying on your taxes, this is a HUGE deal that rests entirely on his position.

If however, I do have significant secrets that would damn me, I would choose my words as carefully as he did.

I'm familiar with the African American churches, been to a few, observed. The accent and certainly the style of dress differs from other churches but some elements gravitate towards these places. It's a perfect petrie dish for some personalities to grow - for good and for ill purpose.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »

That's pretty much what I was thinking too.
I don't know the man from Adam. Never heard of him before last week. I watched his pulpit speech on Sunday and never heard "innocent" or "I didn't do it." He got lawyered up, encased his speech in scriptures and said he never portrayed himself as a perfect man. Well, none of us are perfect. We each have various sizes of skeletons  in our closet from priest to pastor, doctor to teacher. But were I innocent, I would want my flock to know. I would want to reassure them, that their shepherd, their Bishop, is a good and decent person despite the media feeding frenzy. I would be screaming my innocence from the rooftops. This isn't lying on your taxes, this is a HUGE deal that rests entirely on his position.

If however, I do have significant secrets that would damn me, I would choose my words as carefully as he did.

I'm familiar with the African American churches, been to a few, observed. The accent and certainly the style of dress differs from other churches but some elements gravitate towards these places. It's a perfect petrie dish for some personalities to grow - for good and for ill purpose.

Well said...I'll avoid any discussions about church as that can be deemed offensive regardless of which side yuh take.  I used to live in Lithonia and work in DeKalb County.  That man is very powerful.  I think those lads are very brave to make those accusations, regardless of whether they are true or not.  The county sheriff is a member of the church.  The entire political establishment is DeKalb County rely's on that flock to be elected.  Another example of his power; the state Department of Transportation funded an entire interstate exit ramp fuh this church regardless of what others say. 

This whole situation wreaks with sadness for both the lads and the bishop...by the way, he anointed himself bishop eh, so go figure...  At the end of the day the bishop in trouble and the church have some issues at well...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 09:23:29 AM »
Never lived there but spend a lot of time in Atlanta for work/play - in the Marietta area. It was part of my education on the relationship between Caribbean and American people of colour. Dais a whole nex udda tory.

Powerful people can be dethroned and smeared fairly easily. Nowadays it only take a tweet. But with all the posts and tweets and FaceBook discussions aside, his speech -the only thing that I really paid attention to, left me unimpressed and unconvinced. Saw the two photos of him in skin tight wear. He works out obviously and as an ex-body sculptor myself (Dutty stop laughing), I know there is a measure of nacissism in the sport - nothing wrong with that. Don't know how those photos got distributed.

by the way, I noticed a Jamaican flag flying in the church...always lovely to see us repped..

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 10:11:04 AM »
i actually went this church twice maybe 3 times about ten years ago... I had a co-worker harass meh to go with he and he wife until i finally relent.

(as a side note, but like ppl does see de devil in me. they always trying to drag me to church. My great aunt used to drag me quite chaguanas to church, never my other siblings just me. weird)

well anyhow, yuh could probably tell from my language that this kinda ting is not my cup of tea. the whole setup just rub me the wrong way, in any case i does group all of them as fraud... benny hinn, creflo dollar, peter popoff... all of dem... nothing dat does come out does surprise me...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »
Never lived there but spend a lot of time in Atlanta for work/play - in the Marietta area. It was part of my education on the relationship between Caribbean and American people of colour. Dais a whole nex udda tory.

Powerful people can be dethroned and smeared fairly easily. Nowadays it only take a tweet. But with all the posts and tweets and FaceBook discussions aside, his speech -the only thing that I really paid attention to, left me unimpressed and unconvinced. Saw the two photos of him in skin tight wear. He works out obviously and as an ex-body sculptor myself (Dutty stop laughing), I know there is a measure of nacissism in the sport - nothing wrong with that. Don't know how those photos got distributed.

I eh laugh...ah chortle ;)

However I curious to hear the story yuh refer to in your first paragraph
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »

by the way, I noticed a Jamaican flag flying in the church...always lovely to see us repped..

If you see how people did smear Manning and Calder Hart name all over face book, twitter and thing eh....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »
Well all I know about this story I've discovered on this thread. Heard of the allegations via the traditional media, but had no idea that they extended to pics posed in bathroom.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 12:12:11 PM »
I eh laugh...ah chortle ;)
However I curious to hear the story yuh refer to in your first paragraph
[/quote]

yuh chortle?  :rotfl: steupse

Boy...it was a huge learning experience for me - made me big quick. It was over those few years that I clued into the way the Caribbean is viewed by some Americans - of all hues. I lost my cultural virginity so to speak. I went from expecting acceptance to harsh realizations. I dealt with the 'ole boys club' and bristled when refrerred to as "girly". I dealt with people who stopped dead and stared at me "you ain't from round here is ya?" I spoke with African American elite who wouldn't walk the same side of the road with the "lower blacks". I was asked whether we in the Caribbean knew how to use cutlery by people who looked like me but who I couldn't fathom. It's not only Hindus who have castes eh.
Then to heap insult unto injury, having been raised in Canada, I had to field some questions about Canada that left me with my mouth open in dismay and amazement - too stunned to be amused.

Ah should write a book...

Asylum...the pics were of him, fully clothed but in tight biking gear or workout gear, in a bathroom. Can't tell if it is a home bathroom or some other place. He is powerfully built and the clothes showed that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:20:55 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 12:13:42 PM »
Well all I know about this story I've discovered on this thread. Heard of the allegations via the traditional media, but had no idea that they extended to pics posed in bathroom.

I hoipe dem pics eh exciting yuh like de half chinee from Poly in st james  ;)

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 12:15:07 PM »
Queenie it had to be the Canadian ting, I had no such experiences in Atlanta....Canadians are not highly regraded in the US..any part of the US.  ;)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
Queenie it had to be the Canadian ting, I had no such experiences in Atlanta....Canadians are not highly regraded in the US..any part of the US.  ;)

We all have various experiences I suppose. No one other than Americans are highly regarded in the US.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:20:24 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 12:20:51 PM »

We all have various experiences I suppose. No one other that Americans are highly regarded in the US.

But America makes up 4/5ths of the civilized world.  So thats all that really matters.  lol

truetrini

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »

We all have various experiences I suppose. No one other that Americans are highly regarded in the US.

But America makes up 4/5ths of the civilized world.  So thats all that really matters.  lol

what ever dude, I'm not into the US vs the world argument.  :P I leave that to all yuh...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
pssst! doh take de chain from captain america....he jus tryin to lure yuh in to show yuh he square peg

run
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:17 PM »
pssst! doh take de chain from captain america....he jus tryin to lure yuh in to show yuh he square peg

run

yuh obsessed with my peg eh...yuh sure yuh is not ah Bishop?

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 12:38:49 PM »

run

...and dat, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why I leave all yuh to yuh arguments.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »

run

maybe you want to checkmate bishop long wit yuh square

I out ah dat..is is jus a pawn watchin de queen

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 01:01:55 PM »

run

maybe you want to checkmate bishop long wit yuh square

I out ah dat..is is jus a pawn watchin de queen

Queen now say leave she out...lol

1]; } ?>