March 28, 2024, 02:58:52 PM

Author Topic: Bishop Long  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: Bishop Long
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »
yeah man. I could lime and ole talk whole day but when de talk get chupid beyond a reasonable laugh, I does fine someting else to occupy meh time.
All yuh have pre-exisiting commess dat doh concern me.

So we done wid Bishop Long?

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 06:42:29 PM »

truetrini

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 07:03:18 PM »
me eh have no pre-existing commess with Dutty..NONE..dat said I feel de good Bishop is a homo and the fellas eh lying.

One coulda be a lie..but 4 and maybe more?  Nah!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
"Pre-existing commess" ... ah love de wording ...  ;D

Ah jes peruse de Complaint ... one could say it's rampant with possibly subliminal meaning ... what with one of the defendants identified as "Longfellows" and de next one as "Long" ... ppl eh play dey have sense oui.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If ANYBODY else emerges to declare victim status anticipate a gradual exodus of the church base.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 06:58:09 AM »

Well getting more than one person to lie isn't hard. Setting up a fall for a high profile figure isn't hard.
I'm looking more at the bishop than those bringing the suit. I don't even have a problem with the photos. He is clothed, I don't know how they came about or to whom.
Try as I might, I just can't get past his non-avowal of innocence.

Asylum...leave meh nah...lol

But it isn't just the church base that will lose its leader. His family...his children....I ache for them...even if he is proven innocent, the damage is done.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »

Well getting more than one person to lie isn't hard. Setting up a fall for a high profile figure isn't hard.
I'm looking more at the bishop than those bringing the suit. I don't even have a problem with the photos. He is clothed, I don't know how they came about or to whom.
Try as I might, I just can't get past his non-avowal of innocence.

Asylum...leave meh nah...lol

But it isn't just the church base that will lose its leader. His family...his children....I ache for them...even if he is proven innocent, the damage is done.

Personally, I could care less about he "if" he did this.  Why would we care b/c he is a "man of the cloth".   The church?  Then wouldn't he be considered a fraud after all the he would have done.  What about the young guys whose lives are destroyed?  Where there is smoke there is fire.  A man alledgedly sending pictures to other men in speedos and you find that normal? Are you kidding me?  At least he is guilty of bad judgement "if" he sent the photos.

Keep believing he eh doing nutting wrong....more ah them coming out soon according to some in the media....Allyuh need to wake up yes....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 08:09:54 AM »
Personally, I could care less about he "if" he did this.  Why would we care b/c he is a "man of the cloth".   The church?  Then wouldn't he be considered a fraud after all the he would have done.  What about the young guys whose lives are destroyed?  Where there is smoke there is fire.  A man alledgedly sending pictures to other men in speedos and you find that normal? Are you kidding me?  At least he is guilty of bad judgement "if" he sent the photos.

Keep believing he eh doing nutting wrong....more ah them coming out soon according to some in the media....Allyuh need to wake up yes....

I don't know where the photos came from. I haven't read what was their source or destination. Did he send them to the boys?
No where did I say he didn't do it. In fact, no one in this thread said he didn't do it.
Who it is yuh arguing wid?
lolol
all yuh good oui.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »

I don't know where the photos came from. I haven't read what was their source or destination. Did he send them to the boys?
No where did I say he didn't do it. In fact, no one in this thread said he didn't do it.
Who it is yuh arguing wid?
lolol
all yuh good oui.
Me eh arguing....I have no idea why you thought that...  I just think you're being naive that's all...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »

[/quote]
Me eh arguing....I have no idea why you thought that...  I just think you're being naive that's all...
[/quote]

aight...yuh not arguing.
But I still don't understand where you thought I was being naive?
Where did I say I believe he is innocent?  ???

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 08:34:54 AM »

[/quote]

aight...yuh not arguing.
But I still don't understand where you thought I was being naive?
Where did I say I believe he is innocent?  ???

[/quote]
I never said you indicated he was innocent.  Specifically the photos and whether they were sent to the young men.  I agree that we don't know with certainty where the pics originated but it's disturbing nonetheless.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 08:44:38 AM »
lol..
nah the photos don't disturb me in and of themselves. If it comes out that he sent it to the children, then that is a horse of a different colour.
But if he had them on his phone or PC and they were ripped...then the photos are irrelevant to this matter, not so?

But you're calling people "naive" and saying "keep believe he en doing nutting wrong". So dais where I get tie up.

anyway...

truetrini

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:25 AM »
de only ting get rip is dem young boys bamsee and he wass vareful to make sure he groom dem and he wait til dey reach de age ah consent.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 08:49:51 AM »
lol..
nah the photos don't disturb me in and of themselves. If it comes out that he sent it to the children, then that is a horse of a different colour.
But if he had them on his phone or PC and they were ripped...then the photos are irrelevant to this matter, not so?

But you're calling people "naive" and saying "keep believe he en doing nutting wrong". So dais where I get tie up.

anyway...

Fair enough....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »
 :cheers:

mwwaahh...we still in love eh Arimaman?  :devil:

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2010, 09:12:25 AM »
This man is sick and should be punished - not in civil court, but criminal.

PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 09:27:02 AM »
:cheers:

mwwaahh...we still in love eh Arimaman?  :devil:
Doh study it....Like Lord Nelson say...all ah we is one familyyyyy ;D
Arimian to meh heart

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 09:29:01 AM »
If he go to jail we will see the real bishop long  preach and teach too save the sinners.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:59:21 PM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »
This man is sick and should be punished - not in civil court, but criminal.

"If" he did it, he maybe sick but it is not illegal.  The boys were at an age on consent so no criminal charges can be filed.  However, that being said, "if" it comes out that he did do it and church monies were involved, best believe the feds will go after him.  Can use 501C monies for your personal gain.... IRS doh mess with them in the US nah....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 09:33:22 AM »
Wife have ah 100% record with her "gaydar". I never hear 'bout this man until this story and when he was on CNN ah call the wife quick, quick, and ask her if she think that man is gay. In her words.. "of course he is, who is he?", right off the bat.

I should say her brother is gay and was like that from birth. She says she knew he was gay from since they were little kids growing up. He tried with women but eventually.........

My attitude before he finally came out and everybody start talking about it, was being gay is only a lifestyle choice, but I know now for sure that it is definitely not necessarily so. A tremendous perspective change. I will also say that people in general would never know he is gay unless someone told you. Him and all his "crew" look the same way. And this Bishop fella fits the mold.

I have no doubt he is gay which makes the accusations all the more believable. What is unbelievable and despicable is that he is a "raging homophobe" in addition to being married with kids. Cyar respect that.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 06:16:46 AM »

Good article from Hitchens

God's Bigmouths
Men like Bishop Eddie Long are fouling the legacy of the civil rights movement.
By Christopher Hitchens Posted Monday, Sept. 27, 2010, at 11:10 AM ET

Passing through Union Station in Washington, D.C., last week, I made my usual nod to the statue of A. Phillip Randolph. You can miss it if you are not looking for it, and it has been allowed to suffer defacement. (The sculpted pair of reading glasses held in the great man's hand was snapped off some years ago and was never replaced.) Randolph built a powerful trade union for black railroad workers and proposed the first march on Washington when Franklin Roosevelt was president. His role in the later civil rights movement was germinal and dynamic. But you never hear his name anymore, and it is not taught to schoolchildren. Nor is the name of Bayard Rustin, a charismatic black intellectual and pioneer of gay rights, who organized the March on Washington in 1963. Along with many other secular democratic heroes, Randolph and Rustin have been airbrushed from history. The easiest way to gain instant acceptance as a black "leader" these days is to shove the word Reverend in front of your name.

more on God's Bigmouths

Bishop Eddie Long gives a sermon where he addressed sex scandal allegations.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »
Queenie it had to be the Canadian ting, I had no such experiences in Atlanta....Canadians are not highly regraded in the US..any part of the US.  ;)

That's not true.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 07:54:40 AM »
so what's the latest with the good Bishop? Anything happened recently?

truetrini

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 10:17:17 AM »
Queenie it had to be the Canadian ting, I had no such experiences in Atlanta....Canadians are not highly regraded in the US..any part of the US.  ;)

That's not true.

You sir could miss the forest for the trees!  lol

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 10:36:11 AM »

It have pics of him pose off in he thong for miami knaval
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »

Bishop Eddie Long: Another lawsuit filed against New Birth

By Shelia M. Poole

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
6:43 p.m. Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Birth Missionary Baptist Church is the focus of another lawsuit, this one by a former employee who alleges she was the victim of sexual harassment,  sexual discrimination and retaliation.

Tama Colson, who is described in the lawsuit as a married resident of Georgia, claims a male supervisor  showed her photographs of a male sex organ on a cellphone. In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Atlanta,  Colson alleges  she was harassed,  demoted and later discharged from the Lithonia church after she complained.

Barbara Marschalk, an attorney who represents New Birth said it was "too premature for us to comment now."

Colson, who also attended New Birth with her family, said in the suit that she was hired by the church in August 1998 as an audio engineer and was eventually promoted to duplication manager, overseeing the reproduction of broadcasts of New Birth services.

The lawsuit alleges that in October 2009, a male supervisor in the church's television department  showed her a picture of a sex organ on his cellphone.  Colson said she was "horrified" and asked the supervisor "what the hell is your problem." She said he grinned and walked away.

The lawsuit claims the church was aware of previous incidents between the supervisor and female employees and congregants but never took corrective action.

In May 2010, the suit alleges, Colson learned that her department was going to be placed under the control of  the television department, where the male supervisor worked. She asked to be transferred out of that department or warned that she would resign. A church elder convinced her to stay, but in June she found out that the man would be her boss. She said he began a "campaign of torment" against her, including coming into her office and staring.

She complained and alleges she was later demoted to secretary. Eventually, she claimed, she was discharged from the job.

The suit seeks an unspecified amount in damages.

Bishop Eddie L. Long, who is facing his own legal woes, is not named in this lawsuit. Long has been sued by four young men who allege who used his position to coerce them into sexual relations. New Birth is also named in those lawsuits. Long, in an earlier statement, said the claims were untrue.

Long, who oversees a prominent ministry that reaches into several countries,  is also a defendant in a lawsuit that alleges he and two others defaulted on a  property loan. The suit, filed in DeKalb County State Court Monday, is seeking $1.9 million.

The new suit stems from August 2007 when Long and two business partners as part of the West Indies Holding Company bought a gym in Jonesboro. Long’s partners include Marrion Heflin, a self-employed businessman, and Frederick Folson of McDonough, who runs a Lithonia nonprofit.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/bishop-long-billboard-creates-debate-11823226

Interesting that all of the questions were cast to African Americans only.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 09:09:50 AM »
this just keeps getting better and better.

What's that part about the West Indies Holding Company?

truetrini

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2010, 11:22:27 AM »

why he is the leader of a black church and widely viewed as a leader in the black community.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »

why he is the leader of a black church and widely viewed as a leader in the black community.

The varying polygamy and abuse stories emanating from Utah and other states became stories of national import. Once a story attains that dimension it can't properly be seen as restricted to an audience of its natural constituency. I'm sure there are valid and viable opinions held by persons outside of that constituency and if the media would pursue its function properly they would/should solicit opinions beyond that constituency.

It's inherently presumptuous, insulting and contrary to a society predicated on egalitarian notions to leave such assumptive behaviour unchallenged.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:00:25 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2010, 10:17:34 AM »
The varying polygamy and abuse stories emanating from Utah and other states became stories of national import. Once a story attains that dimension it can't properly be seen as restricted to an audience of its natural constituency. I'm sure there are valid and viable opinions held by persons outside of that constituency and if the media would pursue its function properly they would/should solicit opinions beyond that constituency.

It's inherently presumptuous, insulting and contrary to a society predicated on egalitarian notions to leave such assumptive behaviour unchallenged.

Mormons on the whole are a polarizing lot... particularly where their theology and traditional ties to polygamy are concerned, so I think it's perfectly understandable that any storyline along both tangents would generate national interest.  With his Bishop Long thing however, it's feature on the front pages of national newspapers such as the NY Times notwithstanding, interest is largely contained within the African-American community.  Heck, there's probably more discussion about it here than within many other WI communities.

1]; } ?>