April 18, 2024, 07:13:11 AM

Author Topic: 5 years ago....RIGHT NOW.....what were you doing?  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: 5 years ago....RIGHT NOW.....what were you doing?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »
ah duck work dat day. wasnt going to miss the return  since ah fly down Trini for the fuss game. watch de game at the TnT Association in DC wit Doc and some other ole heads. Coming down to de end mankind start tuh beat the counter at the bar wit anticipation. when the ref blow de final whistle meh eye dem fullup like ah lil bia-tch...buh me eh care because ah know ah wasnt by mehself. Ah tink right after ah tork wit Palos and plans were put into motion about that great Germany lime and what ah f**kin lime it was. :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
I did take de day off from wuk

Fox soccer channel was bringin de game LIVE so I stay home and watch it by mehself.  Livin so far away in Vancouver, didn't really know much Trinis livin dey at de time but even self....ah rather watch de game alone.

When we score....ah call meh padnah SH....we could really make it?  Hol on fellas!  Hol on!!!!

Kelvin Jack playin de ass dilly dallyin and de Bahraini come and kick it way and score.  Level cuss in de place.  WTF Jack doin?????  Tweet....ref blow....foul.  Ah realize is a foul but ah still cussin Jack because he experienced enough to not do dat kinda shit.

Pressha bussin meh ass by mehself.  Ah sweatin...sometimes ah cyah even look.  Den Bahrain corner come een.....headed out.....left footer....ah hol meh breath...ah swear meh life flash before meh eye and I eh go lie.....ah say NOT AGAIN!  But no....same man ah cussin seconds before fly tru de air like superman on steroids to tip over de bar!

PHEWWWWW!!  Ah cyah take dis!  Den ball get kick out...TWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!  Spann sink to he knees.  Fuentes and Shaka sprintin onto de field....bedlam.....and I cyah make a note.  I speechless....ecstatic...and cyah say a word.

Brrrriiiinnnnggg...phone....is meh moms in Trini!  She shoutin dat we win!  We livin in Petit Valley nearly behind GOD back and I hearin car horns & shoutin in de background.  BEEEEEPPPPPP  Tongue tryin to call.  He want we to look at flights to Germany one time.

More Beeeps.....more calls.....ah tired...ah spent....but ah never feel so happy and so proud in meh life yet.

De absolute best day of my life up to dat point.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 01:43:21 PM »
Yeah boy after the game I went insane! Ah run out into the main road outside the wine bar in London where I watched the game with my T&T big flag expecting drivers to slow down to show respect and almost got run over but it was worth it!
Didn't take my flag back into the venue until a couple of drivers blew their horns to acknowledge T&T's feat of being the smallest nation to ever qualify for a World Cup!
Travelled home by bus with my big T&T flag drapped over me boasting to everyone that from now on T&T will be qualifying for every World Cup and England better look out as we will soon be serious contenders for the title like Brazil. Never felt so proud of being a Trini before in all my life as I did on that day!!  :chilling:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:47:41 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 05:32:58 PM »
here on the forums an watching the game on NCC Channel 4 plus biting me nails till they almost bleed.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 07:57:56 PM »
allyuh making meh cry
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:20 PM »
allyuh making meh cry

Dis is tears of joke unlike d other set a tears we have been cryin after Germany.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 12:54:13 AM »
allyuh making meh cry

Dis is tears of joke unlike d other set a tears we have been cryin after Germany.

Yuh mean tears of joy?!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 05:40:25 AM »
I told a sad family cant do no funeral today , I am not available so we reschedule Realised that I had no club soda to chase the JW but did not risk missing a kick. The game was so exciting even my workaholic wife took some hrs off to view this history. A strange thing happen as I lit a votive seven day candle for our team. The candle light went out on the six day so I started getting uneasy. Guess what the light on the seven day was to dispel the Bahrain darkness.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:24 AM »
I doh believe in having regrets, but one thing i remember is i had an opportunity to be there in Bahrain for that game..

I had hit up meh Bahraini pardner the weekend before the game, the man is a relative of the Royal family. The man tell me just reach in the airport and everything handle, accomodation, transport, food and he could source tickets for the game.. Just give him de signal..

Me and a breddren in London check up prices, i see return flight was 360GBP. I sweat on it and do the maths, then i end up locking off, because that was my Trinidad xmas flight money jumping up.. Looking back now i woulda been more than happy to go in that debt to be there to experience that.. But say wha yes..

I will never forget reaching home that night, checking my voicemail and the man call me to congratulate and i could hear the pain in the man voice like he was crying. Had to call him back to commiserate, and just explain to him what November 19th was about for me, especially being there in the stadium..

Good times..

1]; } ?>