April 18, 2024, 11:15:04 AM

Author Topic: CALL UP BIRCHALL thread and more why nots?  (Read 11128 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CALL UP BIRCHALL thread and more why nots?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 07:01:32 AM »
Birchall's last full game was on the 21st Aug. Next game he was substituted out in the 77' after picking up a yellow card. Since then he as had only 45 mins of football on the 11th September, in the 2nd half of a game othat there were already winning..... He is not on form, he is not playing...why should he be called up RIGHT NOW..
Please let us wait untill he can raise is game back to where it is supposed to be, like alyuh want the man to come here to play a game and s!@#$ down he self on the field.

Come on guys let us please investigate before we are so quick to condem. If I was coach he not comming RIGHT NOW.

This brings the argument of players without clubs playing games but this is two fold
1. To get caps in order to get contracts to start playing again(look where Hyland and Keon Daniel are now thank God)
2. In most cases they were already on the team and need some training to stay fit(remember they have no club)

since when not playing is a excuse now, i see rel man call up before that aint doing shit
I am not saying that it is an excuse....just the reality of the situation. As far as I see it we know what he capable of so let we strengthen the other players that will have to play alongside him in the Gold Cup. If Latas don't bring him for the Gold Cup that he look for what he get.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »
Birchall's last full game was on the 21st Aug. Next game he was substituted out in the 77' after picking up a yellow card. Since then he as had only 45 mins of football on the 11th September, in the 2nd half of a game othat there were already winning..... He is not on form, he is not playing...why should he be called up RIGHT NOW..
Please let us wait untill he can raise is game back to where it is supposed to be, like alyuh want the man to come here to play a game and s!@#$ down he self on the field.

Come on guys let us please investigate before we are so quick to condem. If I was coach he not comming RIGHT NOW.

This brings the argument of players without clubs playing games but this is two fold
1. To get caps in order to get contracts to start playing again(look where Hyland and Keon Daniel are now thank God)
2. In most cases they were already on the team and need some training to stay fit(remember they have no club)

since when not playing is a excuse now, i see rel man call up before that aint doing shit
I am not saying that it is an excuse....just the reality of the situation. As far as I see it we know what he capable of so let we strengthen the other players that will have to play alongside him in the Gold Cup. If Latas don't bring him for the Gold Cup that he look for what he get.

Is how much people Latas call up that wasn't even on the first team of a local PFL team?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 07:09:46 AM »
ah happy. oh my it's about gosh darn time latas call up some men. I think he knows is 7 /10 we getting in JAMROCK so he is scrud.

A true sign of a shithound, running for the big gunz because the squad he built cant even beat Gayana.

And Rastaman you wrote a bunch of garbage. Birch is in good form this season because I live here and watch most of the Galaxy games, right now Bruce playing Raneri and tinkering with the team but we all know the quality of the whiteboy.
Also latas playing the fittball so clubless personel get to embrass this country internationally and suddenly this is okay??? You please send me some of that mountain thing yuh smoking.
Anyhow, I expected latas to call up Birchall in all honesty this has to be a personal issue. I know if Yorke was coach Birch would be captain and play every game.
Yes he in good form this season but right now for whatever reason he not playing and has to win his place back in the team(which may or maynot be hard to do)..... so why move him away now, for a game that is only for bragging rights. If he is not called for the Gold Cup then I agree totally...fire Latapy.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 07:14:57 AM »
The real deal is that alot of us are left to speculate on these things because we are not informed properly.

If latas can come out justify his actions with results and give us his insight on why some of the key players are left out of the squad, some of us may jus might start respecting him as a coach.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:22:30 AM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 07:22:24 AM »
The real deal is that alot of us are left to speculate on these things because we are not informed properly.

If latas can come out justify his actions with results and give us his insight on why some of they key players are left out of the squad, some of us may jus might start respecting him as a coach.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 07:35:18 AM »

If latas can come out justify his actions with results and give us his insight on why some of they key players are left out of the squad, some of us may jus might start respecting him as a coach.
well only david Mohammed does do interviews after the games, so we will never know.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 08:24:55 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »
I normally try not to give coaches a hard time because many times they do peculiar things and when we notice a method to their madness and praise them for their genius when it works. Other times as fans we do show some compassion when a coach tries something and it didn't go over as expected. I can understand that, that's part of coaching, you take a gamble every now and again.

Now when a coach tries the same thing over and over without getting results especially with other players to their disposal that can do better, then that irritates me. Why we keeping insisting on selecting mediocre players at the international level is beyond me. I know players have to develop but it should be a gradual process and they should be around regular senior team members then eventually break into the squad. To me that's the most effective way to learn the game, no matter the level. Not by throwing so called promising players in the mix just to give them experience when they're not technically sound or fit.

I'm not trying to tell Latas how to coach/manage the team because at the end of the day it's his decisions that matters not mine but any coach will tell you that in most cases your better players to give you the best chance of winning, AT ANY LEVEL, just ask coaches in the sport by picking their brains. At the international level you need to select players that are capable of playing international football and the system. When the time is right or necessary you bring in inexperienced players and surround them by one's who're capable of guiding them on the field in games. In T&T's case, sad to say but the players best suited for this are our foreign based players, that's just the reality.

In fairness to Latas, he did call up a few players so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, at least he's taking a step in the right direction. However I'm still disappointed in Birchall's omission and we really don't know the reason. This is a big game for us on the road; I just hope this squad is equipped and ready for the battle against our arch rivals

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »
ah happy. oh my it's about gosh darn time latas call up some men. I think he knows is 7 /10 we getting in JAMROCK so he is scrud.

A true sign of a shithound, running for the big gunz because the squad he built cant even beat Gayana.

And Rastaman you wrote a bunch of garbage. Birch is in good form this season because I live here and watch most of the Galaxy games, right now Bruce playing Raneri and tinkering with the team but we all know the quality of the whiteboy.
Also latas playing the fittball so clubless personel get to embrass this country internationally and suddenly this is okay??? You please send me some of that mountain thing yuh smoking.
Anyhow, I expected latas to call up Birchall in all honesty this has to be a personal issue. I know if Yorke was coach Birch would be captain and play every game.
Yes he in good form this season but right now for whatever reason he not playing and has to win his place back in the team(which may or maynot be hard to do)..... so why move him away now, for a game that is only for bragging rights. If he is not called for the Gold Cup then I agree totally...fire Latapy.
hmmmmn. Wat Gold Cup??

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 10:49:32 PM »

well only david Mohammed does do interviews after the games, so we will never know.
Hear nah KB sshhhhhuussshhhh...... :timeout: :justkidding: on the real, i couldn't agree with you more.

i always say and will reiterate, russell latapy doh give two sh!ts about the fans, even pancho used to give his analysis no matter how warped it was, latas on the other hand, cyar explain zilch about his choices, player selection/ tactic/ failures/ triumphs. he's the great latapy, so he has shyte to say to the fans! "who de fack iz dem, let david deal wid dem, i have bigger fish tuh fry".
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 05:35:03 AM »

hmmmmn. Wat Gold Cup??
In all fearness if we cannot realistically qualify for the Gold Cup without Birchall we do not deserve to be there !!!!!

The Local players have to do it that is why they are getting the playing time and experience now.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »

hmmmmn. Wat Gold Cup??
In all fearness if we cannot realistically qualify for the Gold Cup without Birchall we do not deserve to be there !!!!!

The Local players have to do it that is why they are getting the playing time and experience now.

You don't leave your prize stallion at home.. unless you tanking a truant.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »

hmmmmn. Wat Gold Cup??

Prized Stallion ? Cyah qualify without Birchall ?  Some ah allyuh getting carried away....It does always go so..PPl does start with ah sensible question, and in no time,- wha dey does call it - "rabble someting", in no time, is the holy crusade in the name of God ...Reality, Birchall good, could help, but is niether unique or extra  special...To play Birchall, like any other player, yuh have to play ah certain way, with a particular balance..if a coach choose to go without him, said coach must have another style or plan (not saying is the right one or not, till one can see the final team), but if we doh go with Birch, is not the end of our Campaign as we know it...for real

anybody else fine it hard to make comments, the thing does be kinda down, and ah does be typing blind, like ah doin now  ??? cyah be juss me
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:59:48 AM by maxg »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »
I agree with Maxg to a point; I don't think one player will be a saviour or will  determine the  success of our campaign. Football is still a team game.

The frustration which some are partially subjected to is day in and day out watching sub par players getting  selected and their performances are 'deemed TO BE ON PAR WITH 'school boys' yet players with  more experienced and ability are ignored.

Birchall maybe fit into a better scheme better than another, but good players do adjust their style and play to the systems  of a coach. No matter how we look at this, there appears to be a blatant omission on someone part when it comes to selecting certain players.

Do you think the TTFF would have had this clout to  ignore players  if a coach like Beenhakker requested the best?

If there are issues with  certain players, at the very least, TTFF could make a statement to the fact that  these players are no longer available to represent TnT until  matters have been resolved or until further notice. But this continual omission of players who appears to bring more to the team and who in the fan's  eyes could contribute more positively to our success but are being ignored raises the level of discontentment and unfortunately the scape goat  turns out to be the coach.

I mean does it take a rocket  genius in  the TTFF scouting department to realize that Jamaica is a physical side? Would the likes of Colin Samuel not be an imposing  winger on one side and Cornell Glen down the other? What little 'imps'  we have running at JA defense?

What defensive midfield do we have to withstand the barrage from JA?   My case in point doh matter what the system a coach implements, a talented player should be able to adjust and be able to adapt to what is required. look how long some of the current players have had to adapt to the style under the present coach, the results have  not been convincing nor encouraging. Yet we keep doing the same old and getting the same old results!!!!

Why not aim to bring all our best  and as a baseline see how they measure up; at least put in the time with quality players as we move towards the long haul. the TTFF at times could be too short sighted..... Digicel Cup is not the  ultimate...... getting to and  believing that we could be in  WC playoffs is setting the bar  where we ought to  be building for. But selecting the  quality of players we keep selecting is not working in MHO to the ultimate destination where we want to be.

If the aim is to win the Caribbean Cup/Digicel Cup  with locals what would that prove in the long run? We need to be looking beyond hence  the TTFF should be obliged to bring  the MOST quality players available to us. in MHO. Not one  Not TWO but all who are  available.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »
Birchie is a must select. The man willingly join the Warriors while men like ZAMORA dilly dally and end up playing for England

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
Birchie is a must select. The man willingly join the Warriors while men like ZAMORA dilly dally and end up playing for England
Hammmmmm....... bredder, birchall was playing in league one with portvale, how in the world could he make an england team, real bad analogy tuh say the least. realistically, birchall woulda never got an opportunity for england and even he knew it, that's why he jumped on the offer to rep TNT, but had birchall been in the position of bobby, he woulda been like "TNTwhooooo ?"       :whistling:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
True football is a team game, it also helps if you have a man like Sniejder in ur side or Eto.

With Birch the team has magic, win win, he can score, he can defend and intercept with a pretty good reading of the game itself, hard worker, inspires the team, decent leader imo....  But Birch isn't the only player. Most of us would like Latas to atleast give some new blood a fair showing, call in a crop of 10 news each 3 mths for camp! Check every fuh everyone b.c u never know when ah man might get injured serious serious.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »
Hammmmmm....... bredder, birchall was playing in league one with portvale, how in the world could he make an england team, real bad analogy tuh say the least. realistically, birchall woulda never got an opportunity for england and even he knew it, that's why he jumped on the offer to rep TNT, but had birchall been in the position of bobby, he woulda been like "TNTwhooooo ?"       :whistling:

When you think of strikers to represent Trinidad. Bobby Loser Zamora doesn't come to mind even in the closest.

I rate Crouch over he. ..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:10:26 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2010, 05:21:28 PM »

When you think of strikers to represent Trinidad. Bobby Loser Zamora doesn't come to mind even in the closest.

I rate Crouch over he. ..
lets stick too the point shall we. point iz, if birchall was in the same position as bobby Z and JLLoyd, he would've seriously consider playing for england without ah doubt! birchall knew fully well that playing for england was an improbability, so when he got an opportunity to play for his mother's country he jumped on it, simple, but tuh say he's ah serious patriot is going too far.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »

yuh miss the point. I was not really talking about England at all but drawing the comparison that ZAMORA had an opportunity to play for us as well and never did

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »

yuh miss the point. I was not really talking about England at all but drawing the comparison that ZAMORA had an opportunity to play for us as well and never did
You can't make that statement and not talk about England, though.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2010, 06:51:16 PM »
but aye aye... look who start today for LA...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2010, 07:13:47 PM »

ENT!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »
That will be #11 Chris Birchall in the midfield....well at least we know he's not injured.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
Having a really nice game.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »

hmmmmn. Wat Gold Cup??

OK

So I see Birchall played today and it sounds like he played well.....right so he back on the team. So when do we bring him in to play with the locals ??

Will he be available for the Caribbean Cup(whatever name it going under now) ??

Do we bring him in for a game before that then he run out in the Cup ??

Do we wait untill we qualify for the Gold Cup and give the locals every chance to gain the experience that they need. So that by the time we bring in Birchall and who ever else....the local based players that they are playing with are up to sctatch ??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »

hmmmmn. Wat Gold Cup??

OK

So I see Birchall played today and it sounds like he played well.....right so he back on the team. So when do we bring him in to play with the locals ??

Will he be available for the Caribbean Cup(whatever name it going under now) ??

Do we bring him in for a game before that then he run out in the Cup ??

Do we wait untill we qualify for the Gold Cup and give the locals every chance to gain the experience that they need. So that by the time we bring in Birchall and who ever else....the local based players that they are playing with are up to sctatch ??

Dat is a big risk me eh even convince we reaching Martinque far less USA.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
U really thought so ? bet he don't(think so), niether Arena ! He didn't have a bad game either...hardly had a touch of the ball as the flow was mostly to the middle-right, Beckham Juninho, then Donovan , buddle, Chivas came up left, knock it round Birchie, and LA went back as before...till he eventually subbed, it was obvious the tank was hovering round E, but Chivas was well putting it to them in 3/4 of the field, doh the LA back 4 was solid....was hoping to get a look at Marshall there, but ah coulda see why, that 4 was relatively solid....ah think Becks make more tackle than Birchall, but is not his fault the way the game flowed....still ah think he need more games.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »
U really thought so ? bet he don't(think so), niether Arena ! He didn't have a bad game either...hardly had a touch of the ball as the flow was mostly to the middle-right, Beckham Juninho, then Donovan , buddle, Chivas came up left, knock it round Birchie, and LA went back as before...till he eventually subbed, it was obvious the tank was hovering round E, but Chivas was well putting it to them in 3/4 of the field, doh the LA back 4 was solid....was hoping to get a look at Marshall there, but ah coulda see why, that 4 was relatively solid....ah think Becks make more tackle than Birchall, but is not his fault the way the game flowed....still ah think he need more games.

Nah man yuh letting that wanna be commentator influence yuh opinion man/ If Bruce don't think Birchall had a good game then he should not be happy with of the players to night, because all were about the same.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 07:57:28 AM »

Nah man yuh letting that wanna be commentator influence yuh opinion man/ If Bruce don't think Birchall had a good game then he should not be happy with of the players to night, because all were about the same.
I don't think he had a good or bad game, subsequently no influence niether positive nor negative on the outcome...it could have been anybody there..I found many times Beckham had him to pass to, and turned away, not Birch fault...there was a couple times, Birch was just streching to pick up a couple passes, defender step up and poke it away, he didn't lorse it, but ah fitter Birch woulda step towards it, thus non-play...he had about 4 passes to him (from the 34th min), 1 was as before, 1 he tried a run (with some difficulty), one on 2, and got a free kick, which Juninho (i think) blast over), 1 he made a miscommunicated bad pass, 1 he passed square, everything else was playing around him, and he couldn't touch,  didn't break up any play, but was always in position..to me he looked heavy & slow, typical of someone coming back from injury...I don't think any coach would be happy with any player having a non-infutenial game, but it's still necessary to play him so he can get game fitness, for the upcoming playoffs...just an opinion...Most everyone else had some influence on the game, although Lewis came on and had a negative, cause although he was lively, eventually got that red, even if it was a tough call, and could have gone either way....I don't think the commentators said anything negative bout Birchall doh, at least, I didn't hear it...well except that he was tired, but they say that bout everyone, Donovan & Buddle included....I didn't tal bout the next mid, as he was also a non-issue to me, but Donovan was assiting more on that side.... nah, I agree the quality still there, and lack of match fit against how that Chivas team was knocking, could easily be good enuff for a starting place on the warriors team, but ah still feel he not as ready as he could be, or as we will need him to be..JMO

add: in other words, for TT he will have to be at the top of his fitness to help us, even if he warrants a starting place...doh want him to start and then have to come off after 1st half...he would always have to work harder, when playing for we, as everyone else..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:02:49 AM by maxg »

1]; } ?>