March 28, 2024, 08:15:13 AM

Author Topic: CALL UP BIRCHALL thread and more why nots?  (Read 11077 times)

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: CALL UP BIRCHALL thread and more why nots?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 05:09:56 PM »
Having a really nice game.
U really thought so ? bet he don't(think so), niether Arena ! He didn't have a bad game either...hardly had a touch of the ball as the flow was mostly to the middle-right, Beckham Juninho, then Donovan , buddle, Chivas came up left, knock it round Birchie, and LA went back as before...till he eventually subbed, it was obvious the tank was hovering round E, but Chivas was well putting it to them in 3/4 of the field, doh the LA back 4 was solid....was hoping to get a look at Marshall there, but ah coulda see why, that 4 was relatively solid....ah think Becks make more tackle than Birchall, but is not his fault the way the game flowed....still ah think he need more games.

beckham was playing CM while Birchall was at RM. you really expected him to get in more tackles from that position when the play was going through the middle? i dont know what game you were really watching. the LA fans have been applauding his performance

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »
Having a really nice game.
U really thought so ? bet he don't(think so), niether Arena ! He didn't have a bad game either...hardly had a touch of the ball as the flow was mostly to the middle-right, Beckham Juninho, then Donovan , buddle, Chivas came up left, knock it round Birchie, and LA went back as before...till he eventually subbed, it was obvious the tank was hovering round E, but Chivas was well putting it to them in 3/4 of the field, doh the LA back 4 was solid....was hoping to get a look at Marshall there, but ah coulda see why, that 4 was relatively solid....ah think Becks make more tackle than Birchall, but is not his fault the way the game flowed....still ah think he need more games.

beckham was playing CM while Birchall was at RM. you really expected him to get in more tackles from that position when the play was going through the middle? i dont know what game you were really watching. the LA fans have been applauding his performance
Boss, I know what game I was watching, allow meh ah question, yuh ever hear David Beckham put in a position even at the height of his career, anytime before he come back from his recent break leg, yuh ever hear he was put in any position, where he was required or expected even, to make more tackles than any other midfielder on either team...me doh think he come back with ah bionic foot and rebuilt youth, where he would be expected to make more tackles than ah Chris Birchall...that being said, the observation was not a negative crticism on how Birchall was playing for LA, but a POSSIBLE Indicator of how our Birchall - who normally exhibits the most tackles , when on the field for TT, while playing wing midfield at that - may not be ready to do that same job as he did in the past, right now...
Brother, playing right midfield for LA Galaxy, is one thing, playing any midfield for TT is something else......Or you does just see it as the same game, yuh feel I wasn't watching ? My point being, yuh feel Birch want to come and not give TT his best, just to say he on the field ?

sorry, dah was 3 questions.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 01:50:05 AM »
Daz rubbish talk because Birchall played right midfield for both Port Vale and Coventry. He played CM yes, but especially at Coventry he played RM whenever he was given sweat.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »
Number must be misplaced; skye , twitter facebook account  inactive..... they doh use fax anymore. the black list still in effect. Pick ah excuse. It is deplorable that this man eh getting a call.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »
Number must be misplaced; skye , twitter facebook account  inactive..... they doh use fax anymore. the black list still in effect. Pick ah excuse. It is deplorable that this man eh getting a call.

check this...
-----------------------------------------------------
LATAPY BOOSTS SQUAD
Spann, Glen back with Soca Warriors

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/LATAPY_BOOSTS_SQUAD-107827639.html

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Russell Latapy is trying to have his strongest available squad for the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals by inviting six additional players to join the Soca Warriors line-up.

Of those, San Jose Earthquakes striker Cornell Glen, Joe Public midfielder Hayden Tinto and ex-English-based utility player Silvio Spann have taken up the offer to join the 20 locally-based players already in training.

But LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall has not yet confirmed his availability, having been invited to the national squad for the Caribbean Cup later this month, while European-based duo Khaleem Hyland and Darryl Roberts are definitely unavailable.

Birchall's LA Galaxy play Dallas in the MLS semi-finals today for the right to contest the final on November 21 in Toronto.

The Warriors leave on Tuesday November 23 for the Caribbean Cup, which takes place in Martinique from November 26-December 5.

T&T will open the tournament on November 26, against either Antigua and Barbuda or Cuba. They then face hosts Martinique on November 28 and Grenada on November 30.

The four semi-finalists will qualify for the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, while the two finalists will battle on December 5 for a first prize of US$120,000.

"It appears that Chris Birchall may not  be available, but we are not yet counting him out as of now," team manager David Muhammad told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes yesterday.

"And Khaleem and Darryl have  indicated to us that they are definitely not available as their seasons are in full swing and the tournament does not fall within the FIFA calendar.

"But we are confident in the ability of the current squad of players. We saw for ourselves that they are capable of producing the goods and delivering results as was the case in the recent three matches (against Haiti, Guyana and St Vincent and the Grenadines).

"The final 20-man T&T squad for the tournament will be announced next week prior to the team's departure for Martinique," Muhammad added.

Latapy's current squad includes the 20 players who finished unbeaten by bettering St Vincent (6-2), Guyana (2-1) and Haiti (4-0) to win the win the Digicel Cup Group F qualifying series a week ago at Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

Trinidad and Tobago's senior team will begin their final leg of preparations with a 4 p.m. training session tomorrow at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The likes of Jovin Jones, Lester Peltier and Clyde Leon, who were carrying injuries in the latter part of Group F action, are on the road to full recovery in time for the upcoming matches in Martinique.

Today, Latapy will be monitoring closely the encounter between Antigua/Barbuda and Cuba as the result is likely to determine T&T's opponents in their opening match of the tournament on November 26.

Both Cuba and Antigua/Barbuda are locked on four points each after their two Group G games to date.

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2010, 04:45:42 AM »
Is Birchall match fit?  Watched a few mins of the game last night and was a bit surprised how "fat" he seemed.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »
Is Birchall match fit?  Watched a few mins of the game last night and was a bit surprised how "fat" he seemed.
fat?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:41 AM »

YUh have to go from this vvv

To this vvvv

or just get this vvv

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »
fat?

He did put on some size

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
there's a difference between fat and gain size. Which is it?

He looking slim, if anything more lean to me, unless my eye buss, men have a new definition for fat. No wonder all we footballers so skinny.

03 Oct 2010

03 Oct 2010

11 Sep 2010

07 Oct 2010

11 Sep 2010

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:38:48 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2010, 03:37:22 PM »
Allyuh could real take bait, oui!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
Allyuh could real take bait, oui!

:'( yeh i realized it too late
Youtube Channel

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
You guys are so defensive  :P I was actually asking a serious question and there is a reason why I put fat in "".  Of course you would be hard pressed to call a footballer fat (well - William Perry and most offensive linemen, but they play the other type of football), but he did seem a bit sluggish and bigger (perhaps a better word) than I recall, and his his off the ball movemnent was very sluggish - thus the match fit question.  I like him as a player and therefore the only reason why I noticed.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
CHRIS BIRCHALL is quite likely to join Trinidad and Tobago's squad for the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals, but the Soca Warriors' preparation has been adversely affected by the local schedule and they will now have just a couple of training sessions before travelling next Tuesday to the tournament, which takes place in Martinique November 26-December 5.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/FA_Trophy_halts_Digicel_Cup_preparations_-108575744.html

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2010, 04:46:53 AM »
Aman.... :devil:
2 question
1.will he make the final cut
2.Will he be selected to play

Raspect

1]; } ?>