April 19, 2024, 04:11:20 AM

Author Topic: 2010 SSFL & InterCol Thread.  (Read 14191 times)

Dumplingdinho

Re: 2010 SSFL & InterCol Thread.
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »
Pville seem like the shock team in south this year..dem beat Benedicts and P Town already

benedict's, p town and pres looking real bad this year....shiva boys looking okay...pville and naps kinda decent...i haven't seen the other zones yet but based on what i saw so far, south eh winning any national titles unless the other zones in a hot mess too....no players real stood out so far, anthony parris of naps and jerome diaz of p'ville looking decent.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 12:54:15 AM »
if allyuh like fitball...i saw the match today with CIC and St Anthonys... and i not being a "know it all" critic.... watch meh... crap crap crap/// and that was the " top of the table clash"....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 04:44:48 AM »
if allyuh like fitball...i saw the match today with CIC and St Anthonys... and i not being a "know it all" critic.... watch meh... crap crap crap/// and that was the " top of the table clash"....

I doh know why men surprised at the level of football we seeing these days.  These boys only know bout FIFA 10, FIFA 11 etc. etc. 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 08:52:25 AM »

me and shotta was they and boy. four men they woulda play intercol in 99-00. the rest would make ah u-16 bench.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
st anthony's north zone champs
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
trinity beat mucurapo 5-2 making st anthony's north zone champs congrats to st anthony's and to all other zonal champs :beermug:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2010, 05:05:37 PM »
Fatima 0 CIC 1

A RAZA TAZ

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 05:51:24 AM »
Updated.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 07:01:38 AM »
Now I know I not mad, but ah sit down here reading the offline version of the Guardian and dem have Signal Hill winning Intercol 4 times, 1984, 1987, 1988, & 1998.

I was in school the day after we win the match in 1989.  Mih cousin (and classmate) Jerome Smart, a midfielder, was man of the match and there was no school that day.  We was just partying.  Also having won the title 3 times straight (87, 88, and 89) we got to keep that trophy.   If we had won in 1990 it would have been a record 4 times straight, but Malick and Arnold Dwarika mash up those plans. 

I could also be wrong but I think the last time Signal Hill won was in 1995.  I was in the stadium for that one.  It was the first time an Intercol title was decided on a sudden death golden goal scored by the most unlikely of players Burt Burris.

The only year ah not sure about is 1984....but Signal Hill may have won a title in the early 80's.  If so ah not sure of the year.

Ah going and call the Guardian.....steups!!!....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »
Now I know I not mad, but ah sit down here reading the offline version of the Guardian and dem have Signal Hill winning Intercol 4 times, 1984, 1987, 1988, & 1998.

I was in school the day after we win the match in 1989.  Mih cousin (and classmate) Jerome Smart, a midfielder, was man of the match and there was no school that day.  We was just partying.  Also having won the title 3 times straight (87, 88, and 89) we got to keep that trophy.   If we had won in 1990 it would have been a record 4 times straight, but Malick and Arnold Dwarika mash up those plans. 

I could also be wrong but I think the last time Signal Hill won was in 1995.  I was in the stadium for that one.  It was the first time an Intercol title was decided on a sudden death golden goal scored by the most unlikely of players Burt Burris.

The only year ah not sure about is 1984....but Signal Hill may have won a title in the early 80's.  If so ah not sure of the year.

Ah going and call the Guardian.....steups!!!....

This article is very poorly written it starts off with big five results and switches to past intercol results . Two different competitions .

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2010, 09:40:22 AM »
I think 84 Sando Tech had run things...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »
I think 84 Sando Tech had run things...

I sure bout 85 4 Sando Tecah I was dye v Arima Latas v Haynes dem was good days.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »
Benedicts won in 98....Spann, Touissant , Lyndon Diaz was on dat team
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 05:46:52 AM »
Steups!! Go Green Machine.... :devil: ;D

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Tigers_devour_Signal_Hill_3-0-105839628.html

Tigers devour Signal Hill 3-0
...meet St Augustine in Friday's 'Big Five' final

By Kern De Freitas kern.defreitas@trinidadexpress.com

St Anthony's College roared into Friday's BG T&T Secondary Schools Football League final, opposite St Augustine Secondary, the North Zone champions tearing through Signal Hill Secondary 3-0 yesterday, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The "Tigers", even without their main goalkeeper Jamal Francois and captain Dwight Ceballo, made light work of their rivals to stay unbeaten this season with their usual attacking flair and movement off the ball. Another Francois, left-winger Andel, was Signal Hill's main tormentor, and was involved in two goals, which left him a shoo-in to be player of the match.

Defender and vice captain Jemali Garcia stepped up to take the first of two penalties in the opening period, while Keane McIvor hit net just before half-time. Captain Raychard Allen scored, again from the penalty spot, after the break to lead his team into the final.  St Anthony's deserved their 2-0 half-time lead. They took the first few minutes to size up Signal Hill's attack, as the Tobagonians used their pace and ball control in their attempts to seize the early advantage. But once the Tigers settled, Signal Hill had little answer for their running game, punctuated by crisp short passing and high tempo.  Signal Hill had the first attack that brought a save out of Dominic Amoroso, and as they had done in Friday's quarterfinal against Carapichaima, attacked strongly from the wings, especially through Shaquille Gill on the left.

But with a faster game and more stout defence than the Central champs, St Anthony's dulled that threat. They controlled the midfield, and freed up Mc Ivor and their own little pocket dynamo in Francois (A) to create havoc in the Signal Hill penalty box. The first goal came in the 21st minute. After Moriba Ballah was bundled over in the area, Garcia converted the resultant spot kick.

Though Signal Hill poured forward looking for the equaliser, pushing numbers upfield, they only ended up conceding a second on 40 minutes, a nice build up with good one-touch passing by Jean Paul Aqui-Blanc and Allen setting up McIvor, who drove to King's right.  Signal Hill would have enjoyed the respite half-time brought after continued pressure led them to the break.

Signal Hill had the first attack of the second half, but St Anthony's seized control thereafter. In the 50th, Adrian Millette rocked the right post, then the diminutive Francois (A) squeezed through two defenders, but hesitated and lost the ball. Signal Hill did have their chances. Dareem Moore blasted wide from a dangerous play on the right, and Darren Trim should have given them their first goal, but he punted wide from 12 metres after a poor clearance by the Tigers defence.

Things got worse for the visitors. Shaquille McLetchie was sent off for a second bookable offence in the 70th, and St Anthony's took the opportunity to polish off their opponents with a third item in the 73rd. Again, Francois was involved, beating one, two, three defenders and towing them into the box before he was mowed down. The referee immediately pointed to the spot. Captain Allen stepped up to thump home, sending King the wrong way. The match was unofficially over.

The Tigers maintained the possession play, and could have added a fourth, but Francois' shot was too close to the goalkeeper. The real reward for St Anthony's, for all their dominance, is a place in Friday's Big Five final against the "Green Machine" of St Augustine.

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2010, 08:02:11 AM »

Boat lag... 

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 08:36:38 AM »

Boat lag... 

:rotfl: :rotfl:

dem men does fly now.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »
hmm anyone see the clout Bertille st clair hit a signal hill player after he got the red card? And right after bertille, this woman rock the player a had clout too.
It was in news last night.

anyhow BGTT say they going to take disciplinary action.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 10:36:58 AM »
How old is Keane McIvor
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »
You nexx Green Machine!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:54 PM »
hmm anyone see the clout Bertille st clair hit a signal hill player after he got the red card? And right after bertille, this woman rock the player a had clout too.

On Coach St. Clair??   :o :o
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »

A partner tell me
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »

A partner tell me

Is because he from Tobago..... :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »

A partner tell me

Is because he from Tobago..... :devil: ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2010, 08:51:39 AM »
What news, good sirs?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »
what are the scores, people?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 09:22:49 AM »
Just saw this posted in another thread...

Sancho arms St Augustine with self confidence.
By: Nicholas Clarke (T&T Guardian).

Reigning Secondary Schools Football League East Zone champions St Augustine Secondary were treated to a visit by former T&T defender Brent Sancho during a ceremony held in their honour at the Carib Brewery on Eastern Main Road, Champs Fleurs, yesterday.

Sponsored by Malta Carib, the defending Big Five champions have qualified for this year’s final and will play St Anthony’s on a date to be fixed. The team will go into the game boosted by Sancho’s motivational speech, during which he encouraged the players to use their success as a stepping stone to greater things.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »
Intercol was played yesterday.

Any scores?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »
Intercol was played yesterday.

Any scores?

VB

Good ? I guess I should answer as I home but eh hear nutten.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
Just saw this posted in another thread...

Sancho arms St Augustine with self confidence.
By: Nicholas Clarke (T&T Guardian).

Reigning Secondary Schools Football League East Zone champions St Augustine Secondary were treated to a visit by former T&T defender Brent Sancho during a ceremony held in their honour at the Carib Brewery on Eastern Main Road, Champs Fleurs, yesterday.

Sponsored by Malta Carib, the defending Big Five champions have qualified for this year’s final and will play St Anthony’s on a date to be fixed. The team will go into the game boosted by Sancho’s motivational speech, during which he encouraged the players to use their success as a stepping stone to greater things.
Ah tell yuh that last week.  One newpaper had the game last week Friday in Arima and the next papers say the game push back to the end of the season.  I does want to know how could the reporting be that pathetic?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »
Is this for real? No scores for games played yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even the ssfl website. This can't be real.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
Is this for real? No scores for games played yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even the ssfl website. This can't be real.

PATHETHIC nobody eh know no yuteman on dem side 2 get a lil score?

1]; } ?>