April 29, 2024, 01:25:51 AM

Author Topic: Mexico federation rejects player demands  (Read 1388 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Mexico federation rejects player demands
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
Mexico federation rejects player demands
By STEPHEN WADE, The Associated Press

MEXICO CITY (AP) — A dispute between top players and the Mexico Football Federation has escalated, with the governing body saying it will not bow to demands by 13 players who are threatening to boycott upcoming games.

Led by New York Red Bulls defender Rafael Marquez, El Tri's captain, the players have asked for the resignation of Nestor De La Torre, the head of national team selections and the third-ranking official in the federation.

"Around here nobody sits down to talk demanding conditions," Decio De Maria, the secretary general of the federation, said Wednesday. "Nobody sits at the table with conditions about how to fix a problem. Nestor is the director and his head is not on the table as a condition for talks."

Unrest has followed Mexico's national team since it was eliminated in second-round of this year's World Cup. The loss to Argentina was followed by the resignation of coach Javier Aguirre. Since then interim coaches Enrique Mesa and Efrain Flores have handled the team. A new coach is expected to be announced next month.

De Maria acknowledged that 13 players had sent a letter to the federation criticizing De La Torre's decision to make public details of a party held after an exhibition on Sept. 7 against Colombia in Monterrey. The party resulted in fines and suspensions.

One of the conditions in the 14-point letter was De La Torre's resignation.

"There is a problem to fix, but without conditions," De Maria repeated. He said he had talked in recent days with Marquez and Cruz Azul forward Gerardo Torrado.

In the letter, the players argued they were free to enjoy themselves once the match had ended and there were no official team activities remaining.

"This argument is about semantics," De Maria said. "Trying to talk about where official duties end is an uphill battle."

Mexico has an Oct. 12 exhibition against Venezuela, and De Maria said any player in Mexico or abroad was subject to being selected.

"Everyone makes a mistake," De Maria said. "All of us can improve the situation. The most effective thing is that both sides talk."

In the sanctions announced last week, Carlos Vela and Efrain Juarez were suspended for six months each and 11 others were fined: Marquez, Torrado, Javier Hernandez, Giovanni dos Santos, Guillermo Ochoa, Francisco Rodriguez, Carlos Salcido, Andres Guardado, Pablo Barrera, Hector Esqueda and Hector Moreno.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico federation rejects player demands
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »
Dey had Hoes in dah party or wha?

I found it strange a man go get ban in a after match party.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »
I guess this is another case of players making unrealistic demands on a Federation,what we say here are these players reasonable and consideration given to them?

Like it's a patern with all Federations they just can't afford to let players walk all over them,it's a matter of who is in control,situations may differ but you not going to have it your way,Federations and players need each other one must give in and it's usually the players.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
I guess this is another case of players making unrealistic demands on a Federation,what we say here are these players reasonable and consideration given to them?

Like it's a patern with all Federations they just can't afford to let players walk all over them,it's a matter of who is in control,situations may differ but you not going to have it your way,Federations and players need each other one must give in and it's usually the players.

Since your sympathies seem to lie with the Federation(s), why must it be the players to give in?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 06:29:17 PM »

Like it's a pattern with all Federations they just can't afford to let players walk all over them,it's a matter of who is in control,situations may differ but you not going to have it your way,Federations and players need each other one must give in and it's usually the players.

Since your sympathies seem to lie with the Federation(s), why must it be the players to give in?
       It's not a matter of my sympathies lie with Federations,i'm just trying to show a pa tern with all these Federations so JW and the TTFF eh no different.I'm not sure but i don't think i've seen an organization change because of players in Football,is the same old guys from the good old days running the game,if the Youths don't want to move them how could they run Football,that's the first test of leadership.

I'm not saying players have to give in but they usually do because when they realize that their bread and butter on the line what's for them to do.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »

Like it's a pattern with all Federations they just can't afford to let players walk all over them,it's a matter of who is in control,situations may differ but you not going to have it your way,Federations and players need each other one must give in and it's usually the players.

It's not a matter of my sympathies lie with Federations,i'm just trying to show a pa tern with all these Federations so JW and the TTFF eh no different.I'm not sure but i don't think i've seen an organization change because of players in Football,is the same old guys from the good old days running the game,if the Youths don't want to move them how could they run Football,that's the first test of leadership.

I'm not saying players have to give in but they usually do because when they realize that their bread and butter on the line what's for them to do.

Well of course yuh go see a pattern... thanks to FIFA all power lie with the Federations.  FIFA wielding all the power and as a result of that the Federations have a monopoly on football in each respective country.  That monopoly allows them to strangle the market... the players have to toe the line because only the Federations offering professional jobs.

This is why the players must continue to fight to change the dynamic.  Is no different from any other labor dispute... not because management threaten tuh lock de plant mean the laborers still can't go on strike.  Shut down production and then yuh'll see management come to their senses.  But to shut down 'production' in football it takes unity among the players and a willingness by would-be scab players to not cross the line in sacrifice for the greater good.  That is the challenge facing player organizations like FPATT... the players and the would-be scabs can't see their way out the barrel... let alone see sacrficing for the greater good.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:22:41 PM »

Well of course yuh go see a pattern... thanks to FIFA all power lie with the Federations.  FIFA wielding all the power and as a result of that the Federations have a monopoly on football in each respective country.  That monopoly allows them to strangle the market... the players have to toe the line because only the Federations offering professional jobs.

This is why the players must continue to fight to change the dynamic.  Is no different from any other labor dispute... not because management threaten tuh lock de plant mean the laborers still can't go on strike.  Shut down production and then yuh'll see management come to their senses.  But to shut down 'production' in football it takes unity among the players and a willingness by would-be scab players to not cross the line in sacrifice for the greater good.  That is the challenge facing player organizations like FPATT... the players and the would-be scabs can't see their way out the barrel... let alone see sacrficing for the greater good.
       Makes a lot of sense to me. :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 02:53:46 AM »
Ah just want allyuh tuh see the level of commitment these ppl have, and we does complain when they buss we arse on ah regular.

javier aguirre took over ah strugglin mexico team, won almost all the rest of qualifying games, won the gold cup, got out of the group stages of the WC in SA, drew with the host, beat the favorite in the group france and drew with uraguay, and lost too an argentina in the group of sixteen ( to me which should happen anyway, since arg is ah big big team) and that said  coach lost his job BC he didn't take then further.

but we here in lala land lost 5 out of seven with this cherry coach, got mauled in costa rica and honduras,only won one home game which was ah nail biter against el shitsnakedor, and despite all that losin , he's still our head coach, and we wonder why we losin to grenada and drawing wid belize and can't beat ah full strength USA on home soil.  sttuueepppsssssss!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »
JC,
     I agree with much of what you say. If TT had performed like that the team would be given the treasury when they returned home. But look at it from a Mexican perspective. That was not their first WC. They always in the WC and is either 1st round or 2nd round and out. Mexicans fed up with that. They want more. Same way US not contented with just making it to the 2nd round and out, Mex not contended with that either. Them is Concacaf flagship team. That is why people does DISS we region. Look how long they representing the region and not even a semi-final.

1]; } ?>