April 28, 2024, 11:54:34 AM

Author Topic: Maxi Taxi and PH stories - a two for one special....  (Read 5328 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Maxi Taxi and PH stories - a two for one special....
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
From mih most revered MP....

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/10/03/warner-break-maxi-monopoly

Warner to break maxi monopoly
SHALIZA HASSANALI

Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner will soon request Cabinet’s permission to open up the rights of maxi taxi drivers, thereby bringing an end to the monopoly that now exists. Warner made the disclosure on September 24, stating something needed to be done about maxi taxi drivers who hold commuters to ransom whenever there is a flood in Port-of-Spain or a heavy downpour, refusing to cover the entire route which they are licenced to work. The drivers, Warner said, are also in the habit of making short trips, charging passengers the full fare. The rights limit the number of maxi taxis plying the six routes in T&T. There are approximately 5,000 maxi taxi drivers in T&T.

A 25-seater maxi is priced at $586,000 while a 12-seater can be purchased at $300,000. In light of this situation, Warner said, he will seek Cabinet’s permission to open up the rights of the maxi taxis “so anyone can buy a maxi taxi now. The monopoly held by a few will no longer exist. These guys (drivers) will know that they can’t do that because people will not travel with them. I am going to deal with that.” Warner said some people were trying to hold the country to ransom, stating that the ones who often bear the brunt of hardships are the poor. For years, Warner said, the demand for maxi taxis had far outweighed its supply.

Express lane, traffic wardens coming

To ease the bottlenecks on the Churchill-Roosevelt Highway, Warner plans to open an express lane for maxis and buses only, and will flood the nation’s streets with 300 traffic wardens this month to assist the police in restoring law and order. “I promise to solve all this (flooding and transportation woes) before this Christmas. So help me God. This is my most worrying concern. If I survive this ministry for five years I am telling you I will live forever.” Having met and consulted with several flood experts both locally and internationally since taking up office, Warner said he has to be selective in who he chooses. “I want to ensure that when I make a decision it is in the public’s interest.”

Phillip slams the move

Yesterday, president of the Route II Maxi Taxi Association Linus Phillip bashed the idea, stating that this move would overcrowded the roads. “This could have serious implications. You talking about people livelihood. If Warner do something like this he is opening up people to launder money. Decisions are being made without our consultation,” Phillip fumed.
Phillip defended some drivers who sometimes “go short,” stating that this only happens when the roads become impassible. “I know there are drivers who are guilty of going short but we have been pleading to meet with the Transport Commissioner to enforce rules and regulations since the association has no control to discipline drivers. There are indeed loopholes in the system which we have to correct, but blaming us will not solve the problem.”

NEXT.....

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/10/03/opening-pandoras-box-chaos

Legalising PH cars...

Opening the pandora's box to chaos
Govt’s move leaves insurers upset
SHALIZA HASSANALI AND ANIKA GUMBS-SANDIFORD

Government’s plans to legalise the operations of private hired (PH) cars in T&T is guaranteed to open a pandora’s box. The warning comes from the country’s first and longest standing chartered insurer, Bertrand Doyle, who on Thursday called on Minister of Transport Jack Warner, the man behind the sudden move, to rethink his position on legalising PH taxis to deal with the chronic transportation problems. Doyle believes the solution to the transport woes lie in a reliable public transport service and not making the wrong right. “How could they legalise something that is illegal? If this is the way they want to go, let the Government legalise cocaine and marijuana too,” Doyle fumed. On whether the Motor Vehicles Act would have to be amended, Doyle said there was a slim chance of this happening since all Commonwealth countries were governed under the same Act. “But, if they do that it will be opening up a pandora’s box.”

Insurance will be null and void

Doyle said from the minute the Government legalises PH taxis “the insurance of those motors vehicles will become null and void” because the cars would no longer be used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, but to transport passengers. “That will be the first headache for the drivers.” Doyle said there were several types of PH drivers ranging from the occasional, night, after hours and those who work peak time. “I am surprised that Warner did not contact the insurance firms for their views.” Doyle said he knows for a fact that drivers who were issued taxi badges over the years have since turned their cars from H to P because they pay less insurance premiums, are not restricted to certain streets and are not required to have their cars inspected.

“Even though they make the operation legal, some drivers who do not possess a driver’s permit, insurance or have a road worthy car will still operate on the roads. You would not be able to stop them.” While some insurance firms who sell motor insurance were not willing to insure the PH taxis, Doyle stated that the ones that offer coverage will have difficulty in issuing claims. He challenged the Auxillary Transport Association(ATA), the umbrella body for PH drivers in T&T, to name the insurance firm they are negotiating with, saying he was sure “it would not be a high grade insurance firm.” Doyle, who works as an insurance consultant, said he could not understand why Government was condoning drivers who were operating illegally since it was a moral hazard.

Problems collecting accident claims

A leading underwriter at an insurance firm in Port-of Spain said he was totally against the proposal because it would only encourage people who have vehicles that are not road worthy to apply for a PH licence. Stating that while it was mandatory for H drivers to get a certificate of good character, have their cars inspected and go through a pre qualification to get a taxi badge, the PH drivers may not face this, which can lead to insurance firms receiving claims which they never meant to write. “Passengers would have problems collecting claims if they get involved in an accident.” The underwriter believes the Government went about it the wrong way. “Why can’t they enforce these people to get a taxi badge and register the vehicle as a taxi?”
The underwriter said if PH taxis were legalised this can lead to the Insurance Act being amended. While the Act stipulates what kind of vehicles can be used as a taxi “you would now have to change the legislation to say that the Act now includes PH cars.” If the Act is not amended, the underwriter said passengers travelling in PH taxis “would not be able to collect any claims.”

ATA: It will create 60,000 jobs

President of the ATA, Gerard Whyms forsees the opening up of 60,000 jobs if Government gives the drivers the green light to ‘pull bull’.
Between last Thursday and Friday, Whyms said approximately 200 PH drivers from Point Fortin had registered with ATA. ATA has 500 registered drivers, some of whom are part time drivers. Whyms admitted that some of the drivers had minor infractions with the law and were not be able to obtain a certificate of good character, while others could not land themselves permanent jobs. “There are deeper social issues to be looked at. We can’t leave these drivers to the wolves.”

‘Not condoning bandits, rapists’

Whyms, however, assured that their drivers will face a screening process to ensure the passengers’ safety. “We are not condoning bandits and rapists,” he said. The association, Whyms confirmed, will also supply the police with an ATA members listing, while all registered cars will be colour-coded according to the areas they work and drivers will have to adhere to 17 of its rules when on the roads. With regard to insurance coverage, Whyms said ATA was dealing with an insurance company, but refused to give its name. “They will be giving us a blanket coverage to ATA members.” Messages left for Willard P Harris, vice president of the Association of T&T Insurance Company for a comment, were not returned.

“There will be no trial run it’s either on or off.”

In a response yesterday, Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner said consultations regarding legalising PH drivers were well on the way and should be completed before month’s end. “I have a team under the Chief Traffic Planner that is talking to insurance companies and to other stakeholders. I imagine that all this will be finished well before the end of the month,” he said. When asked if the Motor and Vehicle Act will need to be amended, he said, “It doesn’t have to get a parliamentary amendment, it can be done through the Cabinet.” He said he was given that advice by members of the legal fraternity.
“I am awaiting first to see what the consultations come up with and I will take it from there,” he said. Warner said there would be no trial run “it’s either on or off.”
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maxi Taxi and PH stories - a two for one special....
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »
just leave the PH as is yes.

Y would anyone bother to have a car for "H"ire if u can legally pull bull with smaller insurance costs and be able to drive on anystreet in POS etc.

provide a safe country with good roads for H men to wuk in the night.
If a man need extra money, then let him turn his car to H and pay his fees.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:08:05 AM »
I like the Maxi Taxi and Express Lane initiatives... but they should restrict the Express lanes to rush hour exclusivity only... sorta like the HOV lanes up here.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
Legalising PH cars , don't agree with this.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »
just leave the PH as is yes.

Y would anyone bother to have a car for "H"ire if u can legally pull bull with smaller insurance costs and be able to drive on anystreet in POS etc.

provide a safe country with good roads for H men to wuk in the night.
If a man need extra money, then let him turn his car to H and pay his fees.

yeah, I really don't understand why this issue even has to arise.

I have to wonder which of the criteria for getting a taxi badge are inappropriate to ask for.  Are the fees exorbitant?  Is it unreasonable to have insurance covering passengers?  Passing the driving test?  getting a certificate of good character?  passing the inspection?

Either the requirements for getting a taxi badge are appropriate or not. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 12:07:16 PM »

Understand the need to do something to legalize or license the operation of PH cars, because they provide a necessary service to communities that have no alternative to transport. Which H car you could find that going off route up inside certain places?

However there needs to be due process and this thing needs to be properly fleshed out. They should tackle this issue the other way around. Legalize and license the PH cars to make them identifiable to the ordinary citizen so that at least you could prevent the situation of bandits masquerading as PH. Have them certified for operability just as the H cars are. Also have them go through the correct procedures to acquire insurance that will cover passengers in accidents. Don't just open it up as a free for all.

As for the Maxi Taxi issue i have similar sentiments. The Association is lying and is skirting around a serious issue of these drivers using their monopoly to hold the public to ransom. How it works is you jump in a maxi at City Gate, they charge you the full fare and then stop at Curepe and force everyone out of the maxi, make a U-turn and go back to City Gate to collect a fresh maxi-load. The commuter then has to wait for another maxi at Curepe to complete the rest of his/her route doubling the travel cost and frustration. Worst yet when there is flooding and transportation is scarce, the average commuter is put through hell.

So i agree with the initiative to do something about the monopoly that exists but at the same time there are valid concerns and there needs to be more consultation. I would have preferred if they would just double the limit on Maxis instead of making it a free-for-all and also increase the enforcement for these criminals so that Maxis that flout the law would be liable to fines/suspensions. The association also needs to take more responsibility, "We have been trying to talk to them" is not good enough.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »
Legalize and license the PH cars to make them identifiable to the ordinary citizen so that at least you could prevent the situation of bandits masquerading as PH. Have them certified for operability just as the H cars are. Also have them go through the correct procedures to acquire insurance that will cover passengers in accidents. Don't just open it up as a free for all.

Correct, if they do that then i don't have a issue 
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
Legalize and license the PH cars to make them identifiable to the ordinary citizen so that at least you could prevent the situation of bandits masquerading as PH. Have them certified for operability just as the H cars are. Also have them go through the correct procedures to acquire insurance that will cover passengers in accidents. Don't just open it up as a free for all.

it wud sure as hell put my mind at ease since i use ph transport every day. d kinda characters dat drive ph, is level prayers i does be chanting when i travelling in d night especially
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »

it wud sure as hell put my mind at ease since i use ph transport every day. d kinda characters dat drive ph, is level prayers i does be chanting when i travelling in d night especially

And that is likely the crux of the matter.... To get a taxi license there are procedures u have to go through like certificate of good character etc. I am sure that quite a few (but not all) of the PH drivers cannot get those kinda documents so the alternative is to fix up dey car, "pull bull" and make a little change.

Added to that is the fact that we live in a society where there is no enforcement or regard for the law. Nobody going to jail or facing a hefty fine for running taxi without a license, so why go through all the hassle of taxi badge, insurance, 'H' license, and certificate of good character when all I need is a car, some nice rims, music and route to run.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »

after my ordeal , being robbed i really think it has to be handled properly. Girl say yuh prayers and be vigilant  :beermug: 
Youtube Channel

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 03:39:21 PM »

what is the difference between this and making them get taxi badges?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

what is the difference between this and making them get taxi badges?

When u figure it out let me know.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

after my ordeal , being robbed i really think it has to be handled properly. Girl say yuh prayers and be vigilant  :beermug: 

well boy ah glad yuh still alive to tell d tale. d worse ting happen to me so far was a driver tellin me (d lone occupant) dat if he was in a bad mind mood today he would have raped me and taken me by two of his bredren to let them finish deal wid my case. i say 'rite here drive', paid my money and got d hell out of that car. God was lookin out for me that day yes. dat one left me shaky cuz he cud have very well done it
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
I support the maxi idea. I would rather see some sort of registration for the PH drivers as opposed to legalisation.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »
From listening to the debate so far the major reason(s) I've heard for going this route are:-

1. There are PH driver out there that really want to convert to H Taxi but because of some minor infraction years ago (e.g a joint found on dem) they can't get the police certificate of good character.

2.  Legitimate taxis don't go into certain areas and at certain times

I understand point one.  But of the PH drivers out there, how many are debarred from getting their badge because of this or they are just damn lawless??

I also understand point two, but then wouldn't that be solved by the PH taxis getting their legitimate H badges and providing the service?  I heard members of the PH Association on a radio programme a few weeks ago and they promise to have their members regulated, and screened etc. etc.

However, I feel for all their (PH association) well meaning intentions this whole regularising the PH drivers is simply a way of covering up a sore that was allowed to fester for far too long and as such the problem will not be solved.  Further, I heard Minister Warner on Gayelle discuss the topic and ah sorry but he eh convince me that this whole regularisation of the PH issue was or is being well thought out....we'll see because as the goodly minister says it only needs a cabinet note....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 05:43:30 PM »

well boy ah glad yuh still alive to tell d tale. d worse ting happen to me so far was a driver tellin me (d lone occupant) dat if he was in a bad mind mood today he would have raped me and taken me by two of his bredren to let them finish deal wid my case. i say 'rite here drive', paid my money and got d hell out of that car. God was lookin out for me that day yes. dat one left me shaky cuz he cud have very well done it

WTF that driver crazy  :o well yes, Damn  :-\ hmmmmm.
The worst thing is not knowing if u going to see yuh family again  :( .
Youtube Channel

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 06:02:23 PM »
1. There are PH driver out there that really want to convert to H Taxi but because of some minor infraction years ago (e.g a joint found on dem) they can't get the police certificate of good character.

I've heard this argument but all we need to do is make a decision about whether or not the certificate of good character is a legitimate requirement for people in the business of transporting members of the general public.  Once that question is decided everything should be straightforward.

it might very well be the case that the standard is too stringent at present. maybe certain infractions shouldn't count against you after a certain amount of time has passed.  the point is that the various criteria are in place for a very good reason: the protection of the general public.  To that end, I don't really see why H drivers should be held to a different standard than PH drivers.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 06:04:00 PM »
From listening to the debate so far the major reason(s) I've heard for going this route are:-

2.  Legitimate taxis don't go into certain areas and at certain times

I understand point one.  But of the PH drivers out there, how many are debarred from getting their badge because of this or they are just damn lawless??

I also understand point two, but then wouldn't that be solved by the PH taxis getting their legitimate H badges and providing the service?  I heard members of the PH Association on a radio programme a few weeks ago and they promise to have their members regulated, and screened etc. etc.

However, I feel for all their (PH association) well meaning intentions this whole regularising the PH drivers is simply a way of covering up a sore that was allowed to fester for far too long and as such the problem will not be solved.  Further, I heard Minister Warner on Gayelle discuss the topic and ah sorry but he eh convince me that this whole regularisation of the PH issue was or is being well thought out....we'll see because as the goodly minister says it only needs a cabinet note....

Evry country does have people who does hustle in NY MAN DOES LEND DEY TAXI 2 DEY FRIEND but I SURE WE IZ D ONLY PEEPS 2 LEGALIZE A WRONGGGGGGGGG.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 05:14:30 AM »

I've heard this argument but all we need to do is make a decision about whether or not the certificate of good character is a legitimate requirement for people in the business of transporting members of the general public.  Once that question is decided everything should be straightforward.

it might very well be the case that the standard is too stringent at present. maybe certain infractions shouldn't count against you after a certain amount of time has passed.  the point is that the various criteria are in place for a very good reason: the protection of the general public.  To that end, I don't really see why H drivers should be held to a different standard than PH drivers.

I thought of that as well.  One gentleman called in to the radio programme I was listening to and said that he has been trying to get his taxi badge for years.  He had been arrested and convicted of a marijuana charge many years ago but that has resulted in him being turned down for the certificate of character. 

But the question remains how many of the fellas working PH are in this category??

My next concern is that the association formed as the voice of the PH drivers are stating that procedures will be put in place to properly screen the persons in their membership.  But I'm not sure what those procedures are....how will they know that PH driver 'A' is a squeaky clean character who just eh want to fight up to get a taxi badge vs. driver 'B' who is a real menace??.... ??? :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 09:26:14 AM »
I think it is a good idea to find a way to get PH drivers to operate within a legal framework, but up to now I eh hearing what dat legal framework is. What are de requirements, rules etc.?

It must have some fundamentals:
Dey must be licensed in some way
Dey vehicles must be road worthy
Dey vehicles must be identifiable
Dey paperwork must be up to date
Fares must be standardised

and so on ...

but, wait ah minute. dey might as well gat ah "H" license. ;D

Maybe, de PH should just be a different class of service dat exists under de general umbrella of de Taxi Association. In any event, it needs to be regularized in a way that makes sense to de stakeholders (de public, PH drivers, taxi drivers, insurers etc).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 09:37:29 AM »
maybe Jack and his cohorst should focus on improving the public transportation?

That is within their domain and their purview.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 09:43:34 AM »
I think it is a good idea to find a way to get PH drivers to operate within a legal framework, but up to now I eh hearing what dat legal framework is. What are de requirements, rules etc.?

and so on ...

Maybe, de PH should just be a different class of service dat exists under de general umbrella of de Taxi Association. In any event, it needs to be regularized in a way that makes sense to de stakeholders (de public, PH drivers, taxi drivers, insurers etc).

Tallman, my gut feel is this is just another populist position from the goodly Minister to win points with the public.  From the interview he had on Gayelle a few weeks ago one could tell that this whole thing is not well thought.  But ah trying to not say much nah lest I be seen as biased.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »
how will they know that PH driver 'A' is a squeaky clean character who just eh want to fight up to get a taxi badge vs. driver 'B' who is a real menace??.... ??? :-\

we keep getting back to the same thing.  if a taxi badge is, objectively speaking, too much of a fight up then make it less of a fight up.  the process shouldn't be unduly difficult for a squeaky clean character and a squeaky clean character shouldn't be averse to the process.

I thought of that as well.  One gentleman called in to the radio programme I was listening to and said that he has been trying to get his taxi badge for years.  He had been arrested and convicted of a marijuana charge many years ago but that has resulted in him being turned down for the certificate of character. 

But the question remains how many of the fellas working PH are in this category??

If I had to guess, the majority of PH drivers don't get their taxi badges simply because there is no drawback in failing to do so. 

Evry country does have people who does hustle in NY MAN DOES LEND DEY TAXI 2 DEY FRIEND but I SURE WE IZ D ONLY PEEPS 2 LEGALIZE A WRONGGGGGGGGG.

COSIGNNNNN

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 10:09:26 AM »
how will they know that PH driver 'A' is a squeaky clean character who just eh want to fight up to get a taxi badge vs. driver 'B' who is a real menace??.... ??? :-\

we keep getting back to the same thing.  if a taxi badge is, objectively speaking, too much of a fight up then make it less of a fight up.  the process shouldn't be unduly difficult for a squeaky clean character and a squeaky clean character shouldn't be averse to the process.

Maybe I need to find out exactly what the requirements for a taxi badge are but I get the distinct impression the "headache" necessary to get the badge are there for a reason most likely to protect the travelling public.  In fact  :thinking:, ah feel ah going and check a few taxi men and come back......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 10:39:22 AM »

Maybe I need to find out exactly what the requirements for a taxi badge are but I get the distinct impression the "headache" necessary to get the badge are there for a reason most likely to protect the travelling public.  In fact  :thinking:, ah feel ah going and check a few taxi men and come back......

Hold on a sec.

Ah know Birchall hasn't played for de Galaxy fuh a while...but yuh mean to tell meh he runnin PH in T&T now?  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 10:40:50 AM »

Understand the need to do something to legalize or license the operation of PH cars, because they provide a necessary service to communities that have no alternative to transport. Which H car you could find that going off route up inside certain places?

THe PH men could just apply for H same way.
IF they is H then ppl wont travel? or maybe the H drivers get robbed, or maybe when yuh car is H it automatically becomes hesitant to go off route?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 11:40:08 AM »

and so on ...

Most importantly... for the safety of the travelling public their vehicles must be insured for the purpose of transporting passengers/livery.  It would be nice if their photo, names and some sort of ID number are also prominently displayed in the vehicle for passengers to see.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 11:50:50 AM »
scrap water taxis, scrap rapid rail and repalce dat with PH...nice plan

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

Ah reach back Daryn.  The requirements for a taxi badge (I spoke to 2 taxi associations and licensing dept) are:

1. Police certificate of character
2.  4 Passport sized photos
3. Medical certificate
4. Another passport sized photo to complete the medical
5.  Renewal is every 3 years.
6. Inspection of vehicle is the same as every other driver out there. Every 5 years for vehicles under a certain age and annually for others (cyar remember the exact age of the vehicle).

This is along with the usual regulations and driving test that every driver must go through.  The taxi folks told me that the insurance on a taxi is not that much more than a private vehicle.  hhhhhmmm ah better check an Insurance company on that one..... :thinking:

In any event, these conditions to appear to be that onerous   :-\ :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »

Ah reach back Daryn.  The requirements for a taxi badge (I spoke to 2 taxi associations and licensing dept) are:

1. Police certificate of character
2.  4 Passport sized photos
3. Medical certificate
4. Another passport sized photo to complete the medical
5.  Renewal is every 3 years.
6. Inspection of vehicle is the same as every other driver out there. Every 5 years for vehicles under a certain age and annually for others (cyar remember the exact age of the vehicle).

This is along with the usual regulations and driving test that every driver must go through.  The taxi folks told me that the insurance on a taxi is not that much more than a private vehicle.  hhhhhmmm ah better check an Insurance company on that one..... :thinking:

In any event, these conditions to appear to be that onerous   :-\ :-\

Question brownsugar, do you know if 'H' taxis restricted to certain routes. how come it is hardly any 'H' cars provide off-route and late night transport to difficult to reach areas?

1]; } ?>