April 18, 2024, 03:32:36 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool Sale?!!  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Liverpool Sale?!!
« on: October 06, 2010, 09:28:39 AM »
Liverpool, Red Sox owners agree to sale
ESPN.com news services

LONDON -- Liverpool's board agreed to sell the debt-riddled Premier League club to the owners of the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday, but may have to take legal action to force out the existing American owners.

Current co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. have already said they will resist the bid from New England Sports Ventures, which owns the Red Sox, and a separate bid from Asia.

Hicks and Gillett said the Boston bid -- and one from an unidentified Asian investor -- "dramatically undervalue" the 18-time English champions.

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton said the Red Sox owners have offered to pay $477 million, which is only likely to cover the debts and bank charges stemming from the leveraged 2007 takeover by Hicks and Gillett.

Despite the opposition of Hicks and Gillett, who own all the shares in Liverpool, Boston's offer was accepted by the three non-owner board members: Broughton -- who was hired by Hicks and Gillett in April to sell the club -- plus managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre.

The Premier League said in a statement it should be ready to approve the takeover by Friday.

Read on here: http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5654048/liverpool-agrees-sale-boston-red-sox-owners-pending-resolution-board-dispute

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool Sale?!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
Another reason to hate.......hawk spit........ Liverpool

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:34 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:17:43 AM »
I really not feeling this sale at all... aside from despising anything to do with Boston, that John Henry fella is a weasel.  Better we did sell tuh ah bunch ah mercenary Arabs or de uppity Chinee cohort instead.

But say wha...

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
Why do you say he is a weasel? Everything ive read on him seems legit
Hart for president

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
a message from the livvie fans to hicks. they was vex!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RO55BazkiZ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RO55BazkiZ4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »

Ask the people of South Florida what they think of him... in particular the fans of the Florida Marlins.  He pretty much used the Marlins as stepping stone to buying a title contender in Boston.  The Montreal Expos were losing money and the owner wanted out.  The Marlins were losing money and Henry wanted out.  The Boston Red Sox were stuck in a losing rut, but still a marquee franchise and Henry had his eye on that team.  Major League Baseball bought the losing Expos (imagine, the league buying a team from an owner) from Jeffrey Loria, so that Loria in turn could buy the Marlins from Henry.  Henry then leveraged those two sales into the purchase of the Red Sox.

I'm sure baseball was happy (especially since it subsequently moved the Expos/Nationals to DC and sold the team) to new ownership.  But ask the fans in Florida if they didn't feel used by everybody involved.  At the end of the day the whole thing just smacked a bit too mercenary for me to feel comfortable with him being involved with my club.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 11:29:55 AM »

Ask the people of South Florida what they think of him... in particular the fans of the Florida Marlins.  He pretty much used the Marlins as stepping stone to buying a title contender in Boston.  The Montreal Expos were losing money and the owner wanted out.  The Marlins were losing money and Henry wanted out.  The Boston Red Sox were stuck in a losing rut, but still a marquee franchise and Henry had his eye on that team.  Major League Baseball bought the losing Expos (imagine, the league buying a team from an owner) from Jeffrey Loria, so that Loria in turn could buy the Marlins from Henry.  Henry then leveraged those two sales into the purchase of the Red Sox.

I'm sure baseball was happy (especially since it subsequently moved the Expos/Nationals to DC and sold the team) to new ownership.  But ask the fans in Florida if they didn't feel used by everybody involved.  At the end of the day the whole thing just smacked a bit too mercenary for me to feel comfortable with him being involved with my club.
Slightly off topic but yuh bring up some bad memories dey fuh a current Montrealer and former Expos fan. I have a similar opinion of Loria.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 11:32:58 AM »

Ask the people of South Florida what they think of him... in particular the fans of the Florida Marlins.  He pretty much used the Marlins as stepping stone to buying a title contender in Boston.  The Montreal Expos were losing money and the owner wanted out.  The Marlins were losing money and Henry wanted out.  The Boston Red Sox were stuck in a losing rut, but still a marquee franchise and Henry had his eye on that team.  Major League Baseball bought the losing Expos (imagine, the league buying a team from an owner) from Jeffrey Loria, so that Loria in turn could buy the Marlins from Henry.  Henry then leveraged those two sales into the purchase of the Red Sox.

That sounding like real bobol

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »
The Boston Red Sox were stuck in a losing rut, but still a marquee franchise and Henry had his eye on that team.

Sounds like a great fit for Liverpool

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »

Slightly off topic but yuh bring up some bad memories dey fuh a current Montrealer and former Expos fan. I have a similar opinion of Loria.

It is a called business.  Why wouldn't any good business man look for the best deal available?  And if you know anything about the Florida Marlins (I live in Florida) it is one of the worse franchises i baseball and the attendance is the worse in the league.  South Floridians do not support the Marlins.  Look at the Boston Red Sox, one of the most thriving franchises in sport after the Yankees.  The purpose of running a business is to make money.  So if John Henry does with Liverpool what he is doing for the Red Sox, it is a great deal for Liverpool and Liverpool fans.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
It is a called business.  Why wouldn't any good business man look for the best deal available?  And if you know anything about the Florida Marlins (I live in Florida) it is one of the worse franchises i baseball and the attendance is the worse in the league.  South Floridians do not support the Marlins.  Look at the Boston Red Sox, one of the most thriving franchises in sport after the Yankees.  The purpose of running a business is to make money.  So if John Henry does with Liverpool what he is doing for the Red Sox, it is a great deal for Liverpool and Liverpool fans.

The Marlins were founded in 1993 and from then thru 1997 the team always drew fans, why?  Because they spent money to bring in talented players.  In 1997 they won the World Series and Wayne Huizenga (then the owner of Blockbuster, AutoNation and the Miami Dolphins) claimed that he was losing money.  How in the world you could be losing money and you just won the frigging World Series??  He traded every single player with talent and tried to pass of a second-rate team on the fans.

I don't know how long you've been living in Florida, or how much you know about the Marlins... but this is what Henry bought into when he took over the club in 1998.  Fans saw that he didn't want to spend the money to make the team better.  This is why the fans don't support the team.  Everybody know the purpose of running a business is to make money, yuh don't have to state the obvious.  The point you missing though is that when people like Henry realize that the club is no longer profitable then they  will start doing what's best for themselves, not what's in the best interest of the club.  As you said... he's a businessman and will look for the best deal available.  When a better deal comes along, he'll jettison Liverpool just as he did the Marlins.  Fans want what's best for the club... so naturally those two interests are opposed.  Knowing his track record it is cause to give any Liverpool fan pause.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »
An owner with a bottomless pocket will not be an issue soon, with the break even rules that Eufa will put in place soon.  They say they have money to spend in Jan, and though I ain't no New England fan, they seem to have resurrected the Red Sox.  Anything but these two circus clowns we have right now.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 01:11:13 PM »

I liked the Expos so i know all about the situation. I cant tell you who to like and who not to like but if it left a bad taste in your mouth just because Henry's Marlins were losing money and looking to sell then youre gonna dislike alot of businessmen. If anything, MLB was the main schemer in that whole debacle, but anyway...

I just see your other post regarding his lack of desire to field a winning team in Miami. However, making a profit with Liverpool/Red Sox should be much easier than with the Marlins. You also have a larger fan base to account to. I dont think you'll see him skipping town so easily with the amount of money he'll be putting in. The Marlins shouldnt even exist lol
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:15:03 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »
An owner with a bottomless pocket will not be an issue soon, with the break even rules that Eufa will put in place soon.

UEFA's rules will only prevent the owners from saddling the club with debt, it does not prevent ManCity-style spending. If the owner wishes to gift the club £100m (for example) to allow the club to break even then that will still be perfectly ok in the eyes of UEFA.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 04:26:31 AM »
Hicks has taken High Court action against Broughton and the board anyway, so this is all pending that outcome.

The interesting thing is that there was also an Asian bid for the same amount that was turned down in favour of New England Group. It would be interesting to know who that bid was from.

Too premature to have any real opinion on this, but at least things are moving along...  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 08:17:24 AM »
Hicks has taken High Court action against Broughton and the board anyway, so this is all pending that outcome.

The interesting thing is that there was also an Asian bid for the same amount that was turned down in favour of New England Group. It would be interesting to know who that bid was from.

Too premature to have any real opinion on this, but at least things are moving along...  :beermug:

If it's the bid by that Kenny what-he-name fella... there were concerns about the finances of the group, not the amount itself.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 08:59:05 AM »

The Marlins were founded in 1993 and from then thru 1997 the team always drew fans, why?  Because they spent money to bring in talented players.  In 1997 they won the World Series and Wayne Huizenga (then the owner of Blockbuster, AutoNation and the Miami Dolphins) claimed that he was losing money.  How in the world you could be losing money and you just won the frigging World Series??  He traded every single player with talent and tried to pass of a second-rate team on the fans.

I don't know how long you've been living in Florida, or how much you know about the Marlins... but this is what Henry bought into when he took over the club in 1998.  Fans saw that he didn't want to spend the money to make the team better.  This is why the fans don't support the team.  Everybody know the purpose of running a business is to make money, yuh don't have to state the obvious.  The point you missing though is that when people like Henry realize that the club is no longer profitable then they  will start doing what's best for themselves, not what's in the best interest of the club.  As you said... he's a businessman and will look for the best deal available.  When a better deal comes along, he'll jettison Liverpool just as he did the Marlins.  Fans want what's best for the club... so naturally those two interests are opposed.  Knowing his track record it is cause to give any Liverpool fan pause.

Bake 'n Shark: I am with you only half way:
Look at the figures for attendance http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/marlins3.shtml
The first year of the Marlins was the best attendance ever.  Novelty and it was headed down except for when they won the World Series.  True: Wayne Huizenga pulled a fast one, but John Henry made a decision that many franchise owners make if crowd support falls and the Marlins attendance has been below the NL average or pitiful for most of their existence.  See the graphs and figures form baseball almanac.  One other point, both the Tampa Bay Rays and the Florida Marlins do not have a tradition, a history yet because they are young teams but business is business and every owner from the late George Steinbrenner down looks at the bottom line. Liverpool has a tradition and a strong fan base and like the Red Sox, John Henry knows a good thing when he sees it.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »
If it's the bid by that Kenny what-he-name fella... there were concerns about the finances of the group, not the amount itself.

Kenny Huang. No, it's a new Asian bid  :beermug:

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »
Funny how no British bids came in for the club... Money men like Branson shoulda been seen chompin' at de bit to fatten dey coffers... Scousers fill Anfield, they (the fans) just want results... and a Virgin Premiership title is a good start...

That said though, when you walk, through a storm... Hold your head up high...

YNWA

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2176582,00.html
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:39:17 PM by Red Mango »
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 12:46:06 AM »
The reality of the situation is simple and the ones controlling the situation are Royal Bank of Scotland.  They are owed close to £300 Million and have to be paid by end of next week. 

Liverpool fans can go on about who is best for the club as much as they want, what will be done is what is best for RBS and how they get their money back, nothing else will be taken into consideration.  The other alternative is adminastration. 

Given how long this has gone on and it was seemingly common knowledge that G & H were struggling to raise the money I was suprised a few more players like of Torres wasn't sold in the summer to cover their backs. 

The worry for the fans is with more American owners does the EPL end up like the American leagues no relegation etc and a closed shop, would really make for a boring league. 

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 02:37:20 AM »

It was a group from Singapore supposedly. Interesting.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 09:14:58 AM »

It was a group from Singapore supposedly. Interesting.  :beermug:

Oh okay... didn't know about that one, thanks  :beermug:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
when boston sold babe ruth to ny they din win fuh bout 80 odd years,hopefully this curse will fall on liverpool. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 01:28:17 PM »
when boston sold babe ruth to ny they din win fuh bout 80 odd years,hopefully this curse will fall on liverpool. :devil:
Oh stop the hating!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »

18+5
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »
Liverpool confident over takeover
Liverpool chief executive Christian Purslow is confident the proposed sale of the club to New England Sports Ventures (NESV) will go ahead.

The £300m takeover would wipe out the club's debt, ending the possibility that parent company Kop Holdings could be placed in administration.

Purslow told BBC Radio 5 live: "I'm completely focused on making sure the sale completes.

"I'm not contemplating administration and nobody should be."

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are set to oppose the sale of the club in the High Court because they value the Anfield outfit at double NESV's bid.

Proceedings are likely to take place on Tuesday with the American pair's Kop Holdings company owing £280m to Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) which must be paid by 15 October.

As the court date nears, the experienced barrister Lord Grabiner QC has been working with Liverpool's solicitors, Slaughter and May, with a settlement before then understood to be unlikely.

If Hicks and Gillett - who are outvoted on the club's board - are successful in blocking the proposed sale, or if it is delayed beyond next Friday, RBS might place Kop Holdings into administration to release the money owed to them.

Because the club is the only asset of Kop Holdings, the Premier League would then be likely to deduct nine points from the Merseysiders.

That would leave the Reds, who are already in the relegation zone after a dismal start to the season, on minus three points and bottom of the table.

It has been suggested that a deduction could dissuade NESV from going through with their plan to buy the club - and a source from the group told BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan the penalty could be "a deal breaker".

"It seems like there was a genuine change of position on their behalf over the weekend," he added. "NESV briefed us over the weekend that they were very unhappy with the Premier League's u-turn.

"West Ham didn't take a nine-point hit when their holding company was put into administration and this prospect seems to have spooked NESV. Maybe it is bargaining and they want a discount.

"If they do walk away it will be a disaster for Liverpool as they were seen as the bright hope."

BBC Sport has also learned that if the deal with the Americans falls through, then the Asian consortium that has also tabled a bid for Liverpool could decide to proceed with an attempt to buy the Reds.

However, Purslow insisted the prospect of administration has not been discussed with NESV, who own American baseball team the Boston Red Sox, and that all efforts were focused entirely on concluding the deal.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme he added: "Last Monday we had two very good offers to buy our business that would clear all our debts.

"NESV approached us. They met our chairman [Martin Broughton]. He was immediately struck with their seriousness and the entire senior management team of NESV came to Liverpool.

"They spent a large amount of time in the club doing their work and those are important signs of people's seriousness in the transaction business."

Hicks and Gillett borrowed money from RBS to complete their purchase of Liverpool in 2007 - a fact that has long angered Liverpool's fans and something Purslow says he is also uncomfortable with.

"My total priority has been to try to remove the debt which has been put on this club and which has been a cloud since February 2007," Purslow insisted.

"It is wrong that we should have so much of the money that comes through the turnstiles or through our commercial activity go to pay interest on loans.

"A bidder who has been willing, with cash, to rid of us of all this long-term debt is by far the largest and most important priority in evaluating bids.

Crazy_Horse1892
"We have done our homework and NESV are buying this business with cash and clearing our debt which transforms our financial position overnight."

Purslow urged Hicks and Gillett to call off their High Court action and to walk away from Anfield for the good of the club.

The Reds chief executive stated: "Right now they do have an opportunity with one simple short correspondence today to allow a sale to complete and that would clear the club of all the acquisition debt and give us a massive lift before the Everton game [next Sunday].

"A fresh start and real hope for our fans and players that we can get back to the top - that's in their gift and would enable them to leave with some dignity and some peace rather than precipitating a messy dispute. I hope they'll think about that."

There has also been uncertainty regarding the future of manager Roy Hodgson, whose contract reportedly contains an exit clause to allow new owners to bring in their own man.

But Purslow added Hodgson would "absolutely" remain part of the set-up at Liverpool if the takeover is completed.

"There is nothing in Roy's contract which is not totally standard under the LMA [League Managers' Association] guidelines," he commented.

Additionally, Purslow had words of encouragement for Liverpool fans, who have protested vociferously against the current owners and are expected to make the journey to London to voice their protest over the duo's ownership of the club at the court case.

"Our fans have felt totally disenfranchised by the experience of the last three years. One thing I really liked about NESV is they are really serious about the importance of engaging with their fans," continued Purslow.

"I've asked them to consider a scheme at our club that will give our fans a real sense of ownership, a real sense of inclusion, the kind of voice they deserve and NESV have told us they'll look at this very seriously if they complete."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9077048.stm

Published: 2010/10/11 07:45:11 GMT

© BBC MMX
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »
Mr. Singapore bid has come forward. The plot thickens.  :beermug:

11 October 2010 Last updated at 17:04
Liverpool to receive new bid from Singapore billionaire
Robert Peston By Robert Peston Business editor, BBC News

The bidding contest for Liverpool FC may not be over, the BBC can reveal.

The runner-up in the contest, Peter Lim, a Singapore billionaire, is to approach Liverpool's board with a view to making a higher offer for the club.

According to sources close to Mr Lim, he was the club's preferred bidder in the closing stages of the auction.

He had talks with Liverpool's chairman about how to announce his takeover, such was the apparent confidence that he would win the contest.

Mr Lim learned he was not the victor only a few hours before the club's chairman, Martin Broughton, announced on 6 October that Liverpool would be sold to John Henry's New England Sport Ventures for £300m.
Continue reading the main story

"He never had a chance to negotiate directly with Royal Bank [of Scotland] He was expecting to do so, after agreeing the takeover with the board” - Source close to Peter Lim

Mr Lim, who is being advised by the British firm of lawyers Macfarlanes and by the Wong Partnership of Singapore, still does not know why Mr Broughton went with New England Sports Ventures, owners of the Boston Red Sox.

He believes that in purely monetary terms, his offer was at least as attractive as Mr Henry's.

Mr Lim, too, was offering to repay all of Royal Bank of Scotland's and Wachovia's £200m of long-term debt, to take on £60m of other debt and to inject £40m of working capital.

What's more - and Mr Lim regards this as crucial - all the money being provided by him would come from his own cash resources. He is not planning to borrow any of it.

I understand he is also offering to provide tens of millions of pounds to Liverpool's manager, Roy Hodgson, to allow him to buy players when the transfer window opens in January.

According to executives close to Mr Lim, he was told by Mr Broughton that his ability to fund the takeover for cash, and the size of his cash resources, meant he was a more attractive owner than New England Sports Ventures.

Mr Lim was told that Liverpool's board was concerned that New England Sports Ventures would have to borrow to finance the takeover - raising questions about whether Liverpool really would break free from the financial shackles perceived to have been imposed by the current owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

In the event, New England Sports Ventures have insisted it will not load up Liverpool FC with debt.

But there are no guarantees that there will not be significant debt further up the corporate ownership structure of New England Sports Ventures - which could limit how much money Mr Henry and his colleagues can inject into Liverpool in the future.

Mr Lim is keeping a close eye on the court case, which starts on Tuesday.

The case is supposed to rule on whether Mr Broughton can sell Liverpool to New England Sports Ventures against the wishes of Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett.

The Singapore billionaire believes the judgement in that case may give him an opportunity to bid again, whatever Mr Broughton may wish.

Mr Lim is also prepared to buy Liverpool, should it ultimately collapse into administration under UK insolvency procedures.

According to sources close to him, he feels that he may have been shut out because New England made an offer to Royal Bank of Scotland to pay some of the £40m penalty fees the banks have demanded.

If that is the case, he believes Royal Bank may have done a poor deal, because he would be prepared to pay RBS and Wachovia more than the £10m or so which New England Sports Ventures is said to have put on the table.

"He never had a chance to negotiate directly with Royal Bank [of Scotland]," said a source. "He was expecting to do so, after agreeing the takeover with the board."

Mr Lim has an estimated net worth of $1.6bn (£1bn), according to Forbes Magazine.

He made his fortune in fashion, logistics and agri-business.

His interest in English football stems from his ownership of several Manchester United themed bars in Asia - which have persuaded him that there is huge global potential for making money from top-flight English football.

Meanwhile, Royal Bank of Scotland announced on Monday afternoon that it had obtained an injuction to prevent Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett from sacking Martin Broughton or any other of the club's board members ahead of Tuesday's court case.

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »
Ahem!!!!......... Royal Bank of Scotland announced on Monday afternoon that it had obtained an injuction to prevent Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett from sacking Martin Broughton or any other of the club's board members ahead of Tuesday's court case.

put dat in yuh pipe...

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>