March 28, 2024, 10:42:39 AM

Author Topic: Trent chooses Joe Public over US colleges  (Read 9648 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Trent chooses Joe Public over US colleges
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
He can do both... Play for the college and go to school

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 05:23:02 AM »
I think Trent Lougheed now plays for Leeds United in the Central Football Association of Trinidad and Tobago.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2010, 06:09:55 AM »
I think Trent Lougheed now plays for Leeds United in the Central Football Association of Trinidad and Tobago.
Imagine that...........  Another lost opportunity.  Hey, at least he's young enough to make a "comeback"....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2010, 06:12:53 AM »

What a waste. Them men have no heart boy.

Forget school and now, forget pro football, play savannah football for Levi jeans and a cell phone.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2010, 07:57:21 AM »
There is more than one way to go pro but the US colleges does not necessarily have to be a black hole as stated earlier, there are ways to get exposed.

If I were to advise a talented baller who choses to go to a US college and has aspirations to play pro I would suggest playing during the summer break with a semi- pro or pro team (of course you will have to register as an amateur and your college coach should be ok with it). If you happen to be in the southeast, I would recommend Cocoa Expos... excellent facilities, great coaching and you earn descent $ coaching in the soccer camps on your off days. Back in my day ,room and board were provided but I'm not sure what the arangements are these days.

You get a chance to travel and play against some really good teams and in front of scouts from higher divisions, and even practice games against some A league teams. My experience is with one team (Cocoa Expos) so Im not sure how the other clubs operate

There are always options to get exposed, especially if you're from T&T, yes they love T&T players and Jamaicans.  It hard if you go over there and dont know anyone who can point you in the rignt direction so do some research and talk to coaches.  A lot of good ballers make the mistake and just hope they get noticed or hope their school make a big conference tourney or the NCAA tournament so they could get the exposure but that dont happen so easily.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »
There is more than one way to go pro but the US colleges does not necessarily have to be a black hole as stated earlier, there are ways to get exposed.

If I were to advise a talented baller who choses to go to a US college and has aspirations to play pro I would suggest playing during the summer break with a semi- pro or pro team (of course you will have to register as an amateur and your college coach should be ok with it). If you happen to be in the southeast, I would recommend Cocoa Expos... excellent facilities, great coaching and you earn descent $ coaching in the soccer camps on your off days. Back in my day ,room and board were provided but I'm not sure what the arangements are these days.

You get a chance to travel and play against some really good teams and in front of scouts from higher divisions, and even practice games against some A league teams. My experience is with one team (Cocoa Expos) so Im not sure how the other clubs operate

There are always options to get exposed, especially if you're from T&T, yes they love T&T players and Jamaicans.  It hard if you go over there and dont know anyone who can point you in the rignt direction so do some research and talk to coaches.  A lot of good ballers make the mistake and just hope they get noticed or hope their school make a big conference tourney or the NCAA tournament so they could get the exposure but that dont happen so easily.
What make US colleges a black hole, steups?  If you want to go to any hole in the wall and not get exposed then oh well...The man was getting a scholarship to UCONN which is one of the top programs in the country. 

Either way, I don't believe Leeds United leading him to the pro ranks either....  Truth is, to play for Cocoa Expos or any other pro team as an amateur you have to display ability....Yuh think they go take yuh just so.... Not everybody that get a scholarship can transition to the pro ranks... Come on man....  The one thing I agree on this that players just take a scholarship and hope and I agree yuh have to make the best of everything available to you.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010, 09:09:45 AM »

What make US colleges a black hole, steups?  If you want to go to any hole in the wall and not get exposed then oh well...The man was getting a scholarship to UCONN which is one of the top programs in the country. 

Either way, I don't believe Leeds United leading him to the pro ranks either....  Truth is, to play for Cocoa Expos or any other pro team as an amateur you have to display ability....Yuh think they go take yuh just so.... Not everybody that get a scholarship can transition to the pro ranks... Come on man....  The one thing I agree on this that players just take a scholarship and hope and I agree yuh have to make the best of everything available to you.....

Read the first line in my quote carefully, I stated that US colleges do NOT have to be a black hole as stated earlier. I went on to state that my advice is for a TALENTED player who has aspirations to go pro.

I was not commenting on Trent's situation per say, but on the notion that T&T players get lost in the US college system.

It is not uncommon for these pro clubs to contact decent programs and invite players to tryouts during the spring break, and Im talking from personal experience, its not easy but yuh just have to put yuhself outhere and of course, you must have TALENT. Dont get me wrong, not saying I have talent..... just went through the system.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:16:41 AM by College »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »
Picking Joe Public over any scholarship is a very bad move. For one after seeing the decline in TT pro league and some of the injuries to key players it is a very big risk.

You need school to prepare for life challenges and not football, when u choose to get a late education what do you plan on doing with it besides maybe guiding your kids at that point it will be useless because of age.

Seriously if you are reading trent take the school, there you have a chance to do both things, play ball and get a degree, that way no one can say ur not good enough to play for anyone.

School will pay him and he can also play in the college league still possible to earn a call up and even get a big contract later on.

Compared to schooling, football is nothing but a hobbie/recreation.

Of course he can remain ignorant, rush for the quick money and live like 69 percent of the trinis on the island.

Parents these days too slack with kids and guidance in trinidad is really a hopefull thing, this is why there is so many troubles, kids are not prepared for life challenges properly, so they are settling for whatever comes their way etc
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:51:55 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 12:53:42 PM »
And some of you are been selfish..  Getting lost in us college system? TNT don't need to sacrifice someones education so they can wear red black and white wtf? some of u thinking...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2010, 01:03:41 PM »
And some of you are been selfish..  Getting lost in us college system? TNT don't need to sacrifice someones education so they can wear red black and white wtf? some of u thinking...

I used to believe college killed off our players chances of playing professionally. But with the state of the pro-league today it makes more sense to go college. In the last few years we get Darryl roberts, James, Marshall, and it looking like Javed Mohammed and a few other students could make it in MLS and beyond. Exceptionall players will always get noticed...but unless things change drastically, right now college ball is a better option for good footballers than wasting time in the pro league.     :beermug:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:28:18 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2010, 03:32:07 PM »
Give up UConn for Joe Public...scheeupsss    Boy go and get ah education eh!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »

So he cyah get ah education in trinidad? I did!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2010, 09:54:20 PM »

So he cyah get ah education in trinidad? I did!!

Maybe things change..back in my day..when a Div.1 school giving you schol. it was something nuff men used to take.  But I guess since we have a Pro league now we good.  ;)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2010, 11:15:21 PM »
If you believe you're good enough to play professional ball than Joe Public is a decent team to be on. With the CONCACAF Champions League IF yuh good enough you will get exposure.

It's exactly how C Glen got his chance. 

Dem fellas have at least 6 games minimum once they make it to the group stage to prove they good enough. Most of the games show live on FSC or other channels.

So if yuh good enough why not give yuhself ah chance to go pro. If yuh good enough and you wait 4 years to go pro yuh BEHIND.

Now if yuh know yuh not really good enough then by all means serve two masters.  But yuh might end up being  ah Jack of 2 trades but master of none. 

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2010, 04:08:24 AM »
Like you guys blind, he now plays for Leeds United in the Central Football Association of Trinidad and Tobago. He give up UCONN and now Joe Public.

He running backwards.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2010, 08:34:28 AM »
he is a dumb ass simple!!!!!!!!!!!!! football for joe public over an education yu have to be f**king mad!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>