March 28, 2024, 12:33:00 PM

Author Topic: Latapy to get sizeable package Roberts: Make the grade or go  (Read 12442 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy to get sizeable package Roberts: Make the grade or go
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 09:05:11 AM »
So the goverment paying the TTFF bills. Who getting the profits from games?

well according to the statements they does hardly ever make profits from the games.

For example, check this old thread with the figures the for the game against Guatemala in the 2005 Hex when the stadium was full.

They did report a profit slightly less than the current coach's monthly salary for the Mexico game shortly thereafter.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »
So in effect then, the entire football program is funded directly by the Government funds?
What role does the private sector play in the national team building? for instance, instead of Government paying the coach a "motor vehicle" allowance, wouldnt it help if one of the local car dealerships, say BMW for instance, assign two or three vehicles to the program, one for the head coach, one for assistant coach etc?

Latapy making a decent living, I suspect he might be making a little bit more than what Whitmore is making (I'll try and dig up the figures), but I can tell you that the private sector plays a more direct role in football in Ja. Whitmore's BMW motor car for instance is provided by the BMW dealership in Jamaica, his housing too is sponsored by a private firm. Also, whenever Jamaica travels overseas, I think they do so at hghly subsidized rates through an agreement with onbe of the major airlines.

As mentioned in a post regarding Pro League team funding, this is another product of laziness. Notice how sponsorship and marketing was superb for 2006. Then nothing since. All the time a child hold outs its hand to its parent it will never get a job and learn the value of money. Why should TTFF work hard to attract sponsors when it has a direct link to taxpayers funds?

An experienced coach is worth this salary, however, Latas isn't experienced. In any job, if you're learning on the job, you get paid a reduced salary with incentives and rewards as you develop.  This salary should be stepped, increasing in relation to experience. The $248,000 p.m. to be paid upon qualifying for 2014.

One further point. If you know there is a very big possibility that you may have to pay more than $18 million in owed players bonuses plus millions in legal fees in the near future, shouldn't you be making provision for this in your new budget? If TTFF receive this money from govt, they may have to pay the whole amount out before xmas. Then what will they do? From what I recall, when presenting a budget, you include actual debts and creation of an escrow account for probable debts.    

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 09:15:28 AM »
Why we complaining for? This is not what we vote for? How many of you all say that Hunt never do anything for football? Now your coach getting first class salary with with 3rd class results. No bed or water for all. No accountabilty and self sustainability but you know what? We going Brazil 2014. !!!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 09:25:53 AM »
This was pre-world cup salaries - December 2009 figures in Euros.

Fabio Capello (Inglaterra): 9.900.000
- Marcelo Lippi (Italia): 3.000.000
- Joachim Löw (Alemania): 2.300.000
- Javier Aguirre (México): 1.800.000
- Carlos Parreira (Sudáfrica): 1.800.000
- Berter van Marwijk (Holanda): 2.700.000
- Ottmar Hitzfeld (Suiza): 2.600.000
- Vicente del Bosque (España): 2.200.000
- Carlos Queiroz (Portugal): 2.000.000
- Pim Verbeek (Australia): 1.820.000
- Dunga (Brasil): 1.250.000
- Diego Maradona (Argentina): 1.200.000
- Takeshi Okada (Japón): 1.200.000
- Ricki Herbert (Nueva Zelandia): 1.200.000
- Otto Rehhagel (Grecia): 1.150.000
- Paul Le Guen (Camerún): 960.000
- Marcelo Bielsa (Chile): 850.000
- Vahdi Halilhodzic (Costa de Marfil): 740.000
- R. Domenech (Francia): 720.000
- Hun Jung Moo (Corea del Sur): 600.000
- Morten Olsen (Dinamarca): 570.000
- Milovan Rajevac (Ghana): 540.000
- Bob Bradley (EE.UU.): 400.000
- Radomir Antic (Serbia): 447.000
- Matjaz Kek (Eslovenia): 360.000
- Gerardo Martino (Paraguay): 360.000
- Rabah Saadane (Argelia): 360.000
- Reinaldo Rueda (Honduras): 350.000
- Vladimir Weiss (Eslovaquia): 312.000
- Oscar Washington Tabárez (Uruguay): 300.000
- Kim Jong Hun (Corea del Norte): 250.000
- Shaibu Amodu (Nigeria): 180.000

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
A coach should have some kind of decent winning % vs real.. competition before being paid a decent salary??? or maybe by TTFF standards this is the salary for a rookie coach.

What kind of $ Latas will get when he start beating teams like USA, Mexico, Honduras etc..?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »
We dont have to worry about money anymore .Good one less thing to worry about .
                                                                                                                Forrest Gump.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »
i remember reading an article that listed bradley as one of the under paid national team coaches and from what i remember 600,000 was the annual salary.....latas could buy plenty cigarettes now.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
All that is talk. They say how much he getting but wait and see how long it take to reach the bank account. Local gov't reps get promise all kinda car and phone and office too, you know, that still eh reach. Talk is cheap. Latas working under duress..
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 02:22:35 PM »
So in effect then, the entire football program is funded directly by the Government funds?
What role does the private sector play in the national team building? for instance, instead of Government paying the coach a "motor vehicle" allowance, wouldnt it help if one of the local car dealerships, say BMW for instance, assign two or three vehicles to the program, one for the head coach, one for assistant coach etc?

Latapy making a decent living, I suspect he might be making a little bit more than what Whitmore is making (I'll try and dig up the figures), but I can tell you that the private sector plays a more direct role in football in Ja. Whitmore's BMW motor car for instance is provided by the BMW dealership in Jamaica, his housing too is sponsored by a private firm. Also, whenever Jamaica travels overseas, I think they do so at hghly subsidized rates through an agreement with onbe of the major airlines.

As mentioned in a post regarding Pro League team funding, this is another product of laziness. Notice how sponsorship and marketing was superb for 2006. Then nothing since. All the time a child hold outs its hand to its parent it will never get a job and learn the value of money. Why should TTFF work hard to attract sponsors when it has a direct link to taxpayers funds?

An experienced coach is worth this salary, however, Latas isn't experienced. In any job, if you're learning on the job, you get paid a reduced salary with incentives and rewards as you develop.  This salary should be stepped, increasing in relation to experience. The $248,000 p.m. to be paid upon qualifying for 2014.

One further point. If you know there is a very big possibility that you may have to pay more than $18 million in owed players bonuses plus millions in legal fees in the near future, shouldn't you be making provision for this in your new budget? If TTFF receive this money from govt, they may have to pay the whole amount out before xmas. Then what will they do? From what I recall, when presenting a budget, you include actual debts and creation of an escrow account for probable debts.    

doh worry, Weary, Touches, locals et al, go handle that too. Bet present players eh getting no "if allyuh win promises"...bet budgetted for them is ah pat on the back for wearing the Natnl colours...was going and do the math, but ah real weak at TT accounting (financial & otherwise), never understood it..otherwise all now ah coulda be pulling some decent paper too...I shoulda listen to meh teachers an study meh books, as well as practice talking tata, and minding ppl business  :devil:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
Before reading anyone message here, my take on this.... (see below)

I don't think those number are accurate what they pay Latapy and company, they are trying to justify the money they made in the 2006 WC is going back into the team so they can win the blacklisted players court.

I guess if they can prove the money is being spent on T&T football instead of someone's pocket then they stand a better chance to pay the blacklisted players less when the court matter resumes.

This is politics at its best if you asked me. Never before have the TTFF open personal info such as this to the public.

I smell a rotten fish....  8)

Just my 2-cents.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 02:59:48 PM »

Thank yuh

de vampire playin with he chess pieces 10 steps ahead of he party
Put yuh pawn in place...free funding from taxpayers= fantastic windfall for him the TTFF
If the team on a win streak...nobody go make noise...plus he collekin ah lil ministerial pocket change on de side

If only dat fellah could use he brain for good instead ah boball eh.....

define good??
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »

I don't think those number are accurate what they pay Latapy and company, they are trying to justify the money they made in the 2006 WC is going back into the team so they can win the blacklisted players court.

I guess if they can prove the money is being spent on T&T football instead of someone's pocket then they stand a better chance to pay the blacklisted players less when the court matter resumes.

This is politics at its best if you asked me. Never before have the TTFF open personal info such as this to the public.

Just my 2-cents.

That may be the case, but Latas done spill the beans by saying TTFF aint pay certain staff for nearly a year! If yuh owe money, yuh owe money, the fact that yuh have expenditures 4 years after the fact shouldn't add validity to yuh case.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »
All that is talk. They say how much he getting but wait and see how long it take to reach the bank account. Local gov't reps get promise all kinda car and phone and office too, you know, that still eh reach. Talk is cheap. Latas working under duress..
        Latas eh working under nothing,he is the first local Coach getting everything he wants,he doing everything he wants with the players he wants,he feels we are good enough to do it with local players,ah fine peeps quiet now they see the kind of money the technical staff getting,these guys were being paid by Gov all along may be not as much.
        Two things i must say i've lived to see so far in my life time,T&T qualify for a WC finals and our head Coach getting a descent salary.What i am looking at now is after all that budgeting for technical staff etc etc i hope we don't forget the WC players eh get paid yet.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2010, 05:11:30 PM »
not bad at all Flex...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:36 PM »
I hear a rumour that the mens national team haven't been paid for the last 5 matches, so maybe thats how TTFF can afford the new package.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2010, 06:31:11 PM »
Flex, ah eh sure ah follow yuh.   Yuh proposing that the sneaky bastards are pretending using money from 2006 to fund this 2014 campaign so that way they can show the money didn't go to anyone's pocket......hhhhmmmm......so they weren't serious about 2010 then??

And also, if the money is just sitting there waiting to used then just open the accounts from 2006 for scrutiny by an independent/court appointed accountant/auditor and talk done.....but ah hear yuh eh, yuh cyar afford to close yuh eye for one minute on de vampire.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »

well according to the statements they does hardly ever make profits from the games.

For example, check this old thread with the figures the for the game against Guatemala in the 2005 Hex when the stadium was full.

They did report a profit slightly less than the current coach's monthly salary for the Mexico game shortly thereafter.

The TTFF don't maintain any facilities or pay any substantial rental fees for the use of the stadium or other venues. Therefore they stating in front.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2010, 09:20:18 PM »

Just my 2-cents.

I can't say that this isn't what they trying to do... but if that's the case then they really wasting dey time.  Spending money today doesn't erase a prior debt owed.  Dai'z like saying "I cyah pay WASA de arrears ah owe dem, because ah paying T&TEC fuh light."

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »
YUh see why Spalk with he fat dougla lips tell latapy to produce or ride out.

Dais real paper.

In fact, based on the performances right now for that kinda cheddar....he is a big failure.

Imagine how Bertille and all them other local coaches must be feeling seeing dat.

Them men was sprangin before and getting 10 times better results.

Edit now read Jayerson....is bess we get Bradley for 10,000 more. We go at least be fit.

That go have tuh be Base salary

The contract go have tuh include hazardous duty pay (high blood pressure & stroke) and ah monthly supply ah High grade

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »
Oh gard oh!! guys when you all miss me i gone home,i want to get on that staff even if it's to clean the office :devil: :devil: this is what you all want Latas to walk away and leave?boy don't matter how much i failing i not leaving they have to fire me.If the peeps that hireing comfortable with what they are getting for their money what am i to do i got a job,that's why i understand Anil right or wrong.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 04:48:32 AM »

Just my 2-cents.

I can't say that this isn't what they trying to do... but if that's the case then they really wasting dey time.  Spending money today doesn't erase a prior debt owed.  Dai'z like saying "I cyah pay WASA de arrears ah owe dem, because ah paying T&TEC fuh light."

well, it is in line with the strategy they've had all along.  I think the argument is that some of the revenue made from 2006 was always supposed to be used to for future campaigns and should therefore be taken off the table before the profit is calculated.   Remember the fight is essentially over how much profit there is to split up. 

I remember at least one version of the TTFF figures had monies allocated to the 2010 (and possibly also the 2014 IIRC) campaign as a cost.  This was early on in the wranglings.  I thought/think it was a ridiculous tactic, mostly because the dollar values just seemed to be made up after the fact to make the numbers work out.  But it's a consistently held position over what must be a few years now.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 06:38:47 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Daryn, yuh make the TTFF sound like an organisation capable of planning be it short, medium or long term!!...good one boy.  Yuh make mih day!!....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 07:06:41 AM »

Daryn, yuh make the TTFF sound like an organisation capable of planning be it short, medium or long term!!...good one boy.  Yuh make mih day!!....

if it wasn't for Jack we would have had Patos for Prime Minister until the day Panday dead.  So we know he have some strategery about him.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »
        Latas eh working under nothing,he is the first local Coach getting everything he wants,he doing everything he wants with the players he wants,he feels we are good enough to do it with local players,ah fine peeps quiet now they see the kind of money the technical staff getting,these guys were being paid by Gov all along may be not as much.
        Two things i must say i've lived to see so far in my life time,T&T qualify for a WC finals and our head Coach getting a descent salary.What i am looking at now is after all that budgeting for technical staff etc etc i hope we don't forget the WC players eh get paid yet.
what u talking bout? The man say he cah get no friendlies, he cah get the stadium to train but they playing fdetematch and he staff not gettiing paid. That sound like getting everything he wants?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 08:50:08 AM »
what u talking bout? The man say he cah get no friendlies, he cah get the stadium to train but they playing fdetematch and he staff not gettiing paid. That sound like getting everything he wants?
      Is the stadium the only place for our national team to train,i see for U17 women wc it had foreign teams training on the field next to the stadium,it had teams even training in the Savannah in POS,it have all kinds of training a team can do,why we can't go South and train,why it always have to be HSC.I'm sure all personnel on our technical staff have permanent jobs besides what they do with the TTFF,i'm not saying they should not be paid but that should not be latas concerns,his focus should be our national team and how we playing.How many games our national team plays in the stadium?the stadium survives on how many games are played there,i don't think games are played there for free and that includes fete matches,so don't worry if you see matches playing there. 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:54 AM »

if it wasn't for Jack we would have had Patos for Prime Minister until the day Panday dead.  So we know he have some strategery about him.

Yuh right eh, but like strategy run away and leave him for the 2010 World Cup??.....Look we know the TTFF eh capable of organising a drink in a rum shop.
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »
well, it is in line with the strategy they've had all along.  I think the argument is that some of the revenue made from 2006 was always supposed to be used to for future campaigns and should therefore be taken off the table before the profit is calculated.   Remember the fight is essentially over how much profit there is to split up. 

I remember at least one version of the TTFF figures had monies allocated to the 2010 (and possibly also the 2014 IIRC) campaign as a cost.  This was early on in the wranglings.  I thought/think it was a ridiculous tactic, mostly because the dollar values just seemed to be made up after the fact to make the numbers work out.  But it's a consistently held position over what must be a few years now.

Regardless as to what future purpose they've earmarked the money for... this money would still be coming from the profits.  They agreed to split the profits, not what's ever left over after paying bills. So even if they say well we budgeted XYand Z for overheads, salaries and maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, that allocation is still coming from profits made and can only be made after the debt is settled.  If the deal says you have to split the profits then whatever you have/need to do with your share is not really my concern.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
      Is the stadium the only place for our national team to train,i see for U17 women wc it had foreign teams training on the field next to the stadium,it had teams even training in the Savannah in POS,it have all kinds of training a team can do,why we can't go South and train,why it always have to be HSC.I'm sure all personnel on our technical staff have permanent jobs besides what they do with the TTFF,i'm not saying they should not be paid but that should not be latas concerns,his focus should be our national team and how we playing.How many games our national team plays in the stadium?the stadium survives on how many games are played there,i don't think games are played there for free and that includes fete matches,so don't worry if you see matches playing there. 
Nah man Coops...U really fighting down that our Senior Men's National Team should be denied use of the national stadium training facilities, because it have other stadiums, yet a fetematch side could get permission ?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
Nah man Coops...U really fighting down that our Senior Men's National Team should be denied use of the national stadium training facilities, because it have other stadiums, yet a fetematch side could get permission ?
       Spidey,don't read me wrong here,the discussion was Latas not getting what he wants and all i'm trying to show he has numerous alternatives,it's four staiums we have just as good as the HCS, is it because it's more convenient for the Coaches and them to get too,i remember in my time the national team used to train at Brichen Castle in Caroni,it's not a fighting down matter,it's not where you train is how you train.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:12:04 AM by Coop's »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »
how much a international football coach does make?

If that is the price then That is the price.

Men vex

but if a foreign coach come you think he working for less?

He probably want more.

How much Maturana make and he was not getting results either.

I glad latapy getting paid because he is a Trini so keep the money in the family.

When maturana make he money he take it back to columbia with him.

At least latapy will buy a few doubles and bake and shark and go by the mall and buy some clothes and thing.

spend the money in TnT and help the economy

Man want to fight down latapy.

I glad for him.

Win lose or draw.  We better off for it.

1]; } ?>