March 28, 2024, 03:55:59 PM

Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 27833 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 08:59:52 AM »
That trade just has both teams moving sideways in my opinion.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 06:27:58 AM »
I don't know why Orlando was in such a rush to make that 2nd trade.

After they make the finals they effectively trade Hedo for Vince.  Now they get back Hedo and a Vince-like player (Richardson) that most people would take over Vince.  If they insist on moving Rashard quickly I would have thought the emphasis would be on replacing Gortat rather than on getting yet another scorer who going to get 3 rebounds a game.

I think Orlando problem is they had their biggest success by accident (Jameer Nelson got injured, Turkoglu had more ball-handling responsibilities and they became a real bad matchup for the Cavs) and they don't know how to reproduce it.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2010, 11:20:39 PM »
Must admit, have some more competition this season w/lots of teams clickin (Dallas, SA, NY, OKC etc).  Mia replaces Cavs as a team to beat in de east, of course beantown in de mix.  Inasmuch as Dallas have some defensive presence now, ah really not worried, want to see what they do in de post season.  Season doh start til after de all star break, will save more fuh all yuh den.  By den should see how my boys clickin, ah know many ah allyuh quakin in all yuh boots  :rotfl: cause yuh know we in de business ah winnin championships  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

AirMan

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
Ah love how Miami continue to silence their critics

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 05:56:55 AM »
Ah love how Miami continue to silence their critics

8) 8) 8). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

AirMan

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 11:28:21 PM »
Lakers lost again this time to the Spurs   :D

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
Lakers lost again this time to the Spurs   :D

All yuh know de Heat is my team, but in all fairness tuh de Lakers, I must admit I am not worried about dem. If all yuh is a real Lakers fan, den de massive should know dat de Lakers will be fine. Ah really fine dey losing too many games doh, but dey will be fine. Yuh see as long as de Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant on dat team, dey will start tuh whoop some azz very soon, or may be after de All Star break. Ah doh know if dey can win de championship again and of course I do not want dem to, cuz I am a big time Heat fan. However, dey will start to compete very soon, so cool nuh. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:47:50 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 03:48:48 PM »
The Grizzlies... *snicker*

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »
I don't know why Orlando was in such a rush to make that 2nd trade.

9 wins in a row for the Magic now.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
LOS ANGELES (AP)—The Los Angeles Lakers professed no empathy for the hapless Cleveland Cavaliers, only a grim, workmanlike attitude in dispatching the business at hand.

The Lakers humiliated the Cavs while sending them to their 11th straight loss, rolling to a 112-57 victory on Tuesday night in their best defensive performance of the shot clock era.

It was the Lakers’ third-largest margin of victory since moving to Los Angeles, with the two biggest coming in 1972 and 1966.

“You don’t ever imagine something like that,” Kobe Bryant(notes) said. “You just go out there and do your job and we did it for 48 minutes.”

Ron Artest(notes) and Andrew Bynum(notes) each scored 15 points, while Pau Gasol(notes) had 13 points and 14 rebounds. Bryant, Lamar Odom(notes) and Shannon Brown(notes) also scored 13 points for the defending NBA champion Lakers, who led the league’s worst team by 32 points at halftime on their way to winning their fifth in a row.

“I thought that was embarrassing,” said Cavs coach Byron Scott, who once starred for the Lakers. “I told them at halftime, `You look scared. You look flat-out scared. You’re playing against the world champions, and instead of just competing and playing hard, you look scared. You look scared to death.’ That was my take on it, as simple as that.”

Bryant said he “absolutely” felt for Scott.

“It’s a tough situation to be in,” he said. “He’s like an older brother to me, so it’s always tough to see him go through something like that.”

Reserves Alonzo Gee(notes) scored 12 points and Ramon Sessions(notes) 10. Cleveland’s point total was a record low by a Lakers opponent in the shot clock era.

“We had a defensive goal,” Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. “We wanted to try and limit them to as few points as possible.”

Mission accomplished.

The Cavs shot 30 percent, were outscored 52-28 in the paint and committed 19 turnovers in losing for the 21st time in their last 22 games. They fell to 8-30 overall, 3-18 on the road and 1-5 against the Western Conference.

“It can’t be any worse than this. If it is, someone will have to help me because I don’t know how much of this I can take,” said Antawn Jamison(notes), who had six points. “This by far is rock-bottom. It’s definitely by far one of the most embarrassing moments that I’ve been a part of as far as basketball.”

Brown hit a 3-pointer from just inside halfcourt to end the third quarter and give Los Angeles a 92-41 lead, the first time an NBA team has led by that many after three since Nov. 8, 2001, when Chicago was ahead of Minnesota.

“It’s our job to beat our opponent and it’s our job to even beat them playing badly,” Odom said.

The Lakers led 27-12 after the opening quarter and 57-25 at the break.

Since LeBron James’(notes) offseason departure, the Cavaliers have gone from being a perennial playoff team that went 7-3 against the Lakers in their previous 10 meetings to a team struggling with injuries and mounting losses.

And after their acrimonious parting, James seems to be taking delight in his former team’s embarrassing performance. While it wasn’t clear what he was referring to on Twitter, he posted this while the game was getting out of hand: “Crazy. Karma is a b****.. Gets you every time. Its not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!”

“It’s a decimated team, obviously,” Jackson said. “The Cavs are playing with a lot of their regulars out, so they were hurting a little bit. But they stayed with it and they tried to play, and gave an effort and we were there to meet it.”

The Cavs were without starting center Anderson Varejao(notes), who tore his right ankle in a routine conditioning drill. Also missing were missing Joey Graham(notes) (right quad strain), Daniel Gibson(notes) (left ankle sprain), Leon Powe(notes) (right torn meniscus) and Anthony Parker(notes) (lower back strain).

Notes: The Lakers improved to 6-2 in the first game of back-to-backs. They’ll visit Golden State on Wednesday. … Gibson rejoined the Cavs in Los Angeles and will continue rehabbing his left ankle sprain as the team travels to Utah and Denver. … Lakers F Matt Barnes(notes) had surgery on a torn lateral meniscus in his right knee earlier Tuesday. He’s expected to be out eight weeks. … Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta, Medal of Honor recipient from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, delivered the ball to center court before the game.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
CLEVELAND (AP)—LeBron James(notes) has tweaked Dan Gilbert—and the Cavaliers owner’s miserable NBA team—with a pointed tweet.

As James’ former teammates were absorbing a 55-point loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night, the player fired off a message on his Twitter account that seemed to be directed at Gilbert. to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!”

In July, after James announced he was leaving for Miami, Gilbert wrote a scathing letter to Cleveland fans questioning the two-time MVP’s character and predicting he would take Cleveland’s curse with him “down south. … James will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.”

The 112-57 loss to the Lakers was the Cavs’ 11th straight and their most lopsided since joining the league in 1970.

Afterward, Cavs guard Mo Williams(notes) tweeted: “embarrassing, I feel like I can’t even show my face in Cleve.”

James and Gilbert have been at odds since the summer, when the superstar decided to join forces in Miami with fellow superstars Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes). In an interview with The Associated Press in the hours after James’ announcement during an hour-long TV special, Gilbert accused James of quitting in the playoffs the past two seasons.

And while both insist they’ve moved on, James’ tweet seems to show he has lingering bitterness toward Gilbert.

His social network message was poorly received in Cleveland, where fans still feel betrayed by him spurning them. It’s bad enough the Cavs are struggling, but James decided to kick them when they’re down.

The Akron native was rudely received by Cleveland fans when he returned on Dec. 2. The Heat demolished the Cavs 118-90 that night, and both teams haven’t been the same since. Miami has gone 19-1 after their visit too Cleveland, while the Cavs are 1-20.

Little has gone right this season for Cleveland, which got off to a 7-9 start. But the losses have been mounting along with several key injuries. Last week, hustling center Anderson Varejao(notes) suffered a season-ending injury when he tore an ankle tendon during a non-contact running drill in practice.

But the Cavs, who had the league’s best regular-season record the past two seasons with James, were playing poorly before Varejao went down. Now, they can only hope they’ve reached rock bottom.

In their epic loss to the Lakers, the Cavs played three rookies for long stretches and established a new team record for fewest points. They also sustained their worst loss since getting beat 141-87 in the 11th game of their inaugural 1970 season.

The Lakers nearly doubled Cleveland’s point total. It was so bad that the Lakers could have gone scoreless in the second half—and still forced overtime! The blowout was especially disturbing to first-year Cleveland coach Byron Scott, a proud member of the Lakers’ “Showtime” teams.

“I thought that was embarrassing,” Scott said. “I told them at halftime, ‘You look scared. You look scared to death.’ That was my take on it, as simple as that.”

Cavs forward Antawn Jamison(notes) was at a loss for words.

“In 13 years, I can honestly say I ain’t ever felt that embarrassed to be on the basketball court,” he said. “There’s nothing else you can really say.”

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 03:56:26 PM »
Still reserving comment until I see us doing it day in day out, at any moment I feel like Laker cockymania could kick in...after de all star break
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 05:41:18 PM »
a quarter way into his first season and Blake Griffin has already accumulated a legendary collection of highlights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gG4W0L41FI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6gG4W0L41FI</a>

this man have some ignorant dunks boy...just wetting it on ppl...larddddd

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 11:42:37 AM »
ah had to laugh at the term 'ignorant dunks'..ah goin an use dat

how tall dat fellah is?..he seems so big, the dunks doh really look all that impressive....although the one where he scrape he nuts on dat fellah nostrils deserve straight 10's
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 03:34:29 PM »
About ah month ago, all yuh wid ah be hot on dis thread about de Heat when dey lose a couple games. Well we lost de last 2 games, and ah surprised all yuh eh come and start again. Doh worry, it is not just you all here dat know what time it is, de entire NBA know dat also. We can give teams leads after 2 quarters, and den step on de gas and blow dem tuh fork out of our or their own building and we can also mail in games, in order tuh get some rest. I will be honest doh, we were well beaten by Denver, minus de steam roller (LJ) and Bosh for most of de game. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:08:32 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 01:03:42 AM »
ahback
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:05:20 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
Phil Jackson celebrates beating the Celtics.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson has reiterated this will be his last season working the sideline.

Coming into this season with a chance for an unprecedented fourth “three-peat” and his second with the Lakers, Jackson at the time called the 2010-11 campaign his “last stand.”

In an interview Thursday with ESPN-Los Angeles, Jackson said, “Most everybody believes I’m not going to fulfill this ‘last stand’ promise and I will come back and coach again but it really is (my last season). I really want to do this for myself.”

However, the 11-time NBA champion acknowledged in September that he’s still uncertain whether he’ll retire after this season, as he repeatedly vowed last summer when he agreed to return with a pay cut.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »
Phil Jackson celebrates beating the Celtics.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson has reiterated this will be his last season working the sideline.

Coming into this season with a chance for an unprecedented fourth “three-peat” and his second with the Lakers, Jackson at the time called the 2010-11 campaign his “last stand.”

In an interview Thursday with ESPN-Los Angeles, Jackson said, “Most everybody believes I’m not going to fulfill this ‘last stand’ promise and I will come back and coach again but it really is (my last season). I really want to do this for myself.”

However, the 11-time NBA champion acknowledged in September that he’s still uncertain whether he’ll retire after this season, as he repeatedly vowed last summer when he agreed to return with a pay cut.

Phil is a winner and a competitor, that level of success fuels an unparalleled hunger leaving you thirsting for more success unless the appropriate exit strategy is available and highly desirable

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »
Ah boy...ah see de Knicks pull one past de Heat tonight. Was an exciting game to watch.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
Ah boy...ah see de Knicks pull one past de Heat tonight. Was an exciting game to watch.

When de Heat winning, all yuh does disappear from dis side ah de forum, but let meh team lose ah game, wow, is like de next team win de championship. No scene soccerman, ah reach ah stage now where ah trust meh team so much, dat if dey lose ah game, ah does just say damn and move tuh de next. Ah not worried about de Heat, ah not saying we will win it all dis year, but we do have all de tools tuh win it all dis year, time will tell. If we lose tuh de Celtics in de east final, ah good wid dat fuh de first year. Cuz Celtics is very talented, apart from Rondo, the difference are that their stars are older and to their advantage dey been playing together much longer dan dis Heat team. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 03:30:50 PM »
Supa yuh know I HAD to come beat mih chest after dropping dat V on yuh boys.

AirMan

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »

Did everyone see this ? ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaV6ZzzKqr0

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 11:40:55 PM »
Was a nice play... but the foul should have been called.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »

When de Heat winning, all yuh does disappear from dis side ah de forum, but let meh team lose ah game, wow, is like de next team win de championship. No scene soccerman, ah reach ah stage now where ah trust meh team so much, dat if dey lose ah game, ah does just say damn and move tuh de next. Ah not worried about de Heat, ah not saying we will win it all dis year, but we do have all de tools tuh win it all dis year, time will tell. If we lose tuh de Celtics in de east final, ah good wid dat fuh de first year. Cuz Celtics is very talented, apart from Rondo, the difference are that their stars are older and to their advantage dey been playing together much longer dan dis Heat team. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Nah man Supa, I give credit where credit is due. I've always been a huge fan of the NBA and like to follow the games. Even though I'm not a Heat fan, I'm a Dwayne Wade supporter ever since he was playing in college for Marquette. In regards to the game I didn't really care who won but it was fun to watch and exciting to see the Knicks pull it out with those 3's coming down to the end. Yuh hadda give de Knicks a lil love, is years since they've had that kinda buzz in the garden.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
Supa yuh know I HAD to come beat mih chest after dropping dat V on yuh boys.

Bakes and Soccerman, all yuh know ah will never ignore you all post, is just dat ah does be very busy. Well unlike some bois round here, dey living on de forum and only attacking people dat have it made already and just doing dey thing tuh put some turkey on dey kids bread. Alliance and Enterprise, wey we tell some boi round here? Hear wey we tell some boi, stop chatin, chatin so much on every thread and utilise yuh energy tuh get that money in 2011.

Sorry dey Bakes and SM, meh intention was tuh respond tuh you all and talk basketball, but meh mind ran on something, so ah had tuh put it out dey. Anyway ah believe all yuh is Knicks man, well tuh be honest, de first place ah lived when ah touched de US road was Nostrand ave, Brooklyn, fuh 5 tuh 6 yrs. Ah still love NY, but ah will not lie, ah had tuh hull azz from dat forkin cold weather, damn.

Meh point is dat ah rate NY when dey not playing meh Heat, but in all honesty, without getting CA from Denver, dey are just pretenders. No one player (AS) eh carying ah team through playoffs. Doh tell meh about de rookie point guard and de next one dat does hit some three pointers in NY. Cuz come playoffs, dem lil jitts dat AS have wid him, de Celtics, Heat and Orlando will not see dem. Member, de great Riley went and got Wade, superstar help, cuz he know is only so far Wade will carry de Heat team, den he will hit ah brick wall and den go fishing early in de summer. LA got their superstars tuh help de great Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant and yuh already know what de Celtics have. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:13:05 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »
Laker fans: Weary, DJ, Capo  ;D

Who read between the lines last night re-Kupchak's comments re-trade talks w/LA?  He was asked whether he was trying to motivate his players and "scare them" with such talks, to which he replied that's not my style, we are not playing up to our level and we may need to make a trade to correct that.

Will see how this one plays itself out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
Laker fans: Weary, DJ, Capo  ;D

Who read between the lines last night re-Kupchak's comments re-trade talks w/LA?  He was asked whether he was trying to motivate his players and "scare them" with such talks, to which he replied that's not my style, we are not playing up to our level and we may need to make a trade to correct that.

Will see how this one plays itself out.

ENT U 4got Laker fan especially Capo.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
SUPA ah see yuh boy Lebron drop 51 on the Magic last night, that man was playing focused...thus far in the league if I had to choose the MVP, I'll say it's a toss up between Lebron and Rose, with Stoudamire third. I know we still have half of the season left but those 3 players are the top three in the league right now IMO.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
SUPA ah see yuh boy Lebron drop 51 on the Magic last night, that man was playing focused...thus far in the league if I had to choose the MVP, I'll say it's a toss up between Lebron and Rose, with Stoudamire third. I know we still have half of the season left but those 3 players are the top three in the league right now IMO.

I dunno how anybody in dey right mind could argue LeBron is MVP this season.  MVP is not about who having the best year or even a good year.  MVP is most valuable player to their team.  Without LeBron there's a good chance Wade and Bosh still carrying the Heat.  Without Stoudemire where would the Knicks be?  I definitely see the argument for Rose... and a fuh laughs I'll throw in Kevin Love, if not fuh he where Minnesota would be, outta de league? lol

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »

I dunno how anybody in dey right mind could argue LeBron is MVP this season.  MVP is not about who having the best year or even a good year.  MVP is most valuable player to their team.  Without LeBron there's a good chance Wade and Bosh still carrying the Heat.  Without Stoudemire where would the Knicks be?  I definitely see the argument for Rose... and a fuh laughs I'll throw in Kevin Love, if not fuh he where Minnesota would be, outta de league? lol

fair is fair, stoudemire is leading the pack for me and its not bc im a knicks fan. he deserves it

1]; } ?>