April 18, 2024, 05:55:38 PM

Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 27991 times)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2011, 06:40:48 PM »
SUPA ah see yuh boy Lebron drop 51 on the Magic last night, that man was playing focused...thus far in the league if I had to choose the MVP, I'll say it's a toss up between Lebron and Rose, with Stoudamire third. I know we still have half of the season left but those 3 players are the top three in the league right now IMO.

I dunno how anybody in dey right mind could argue LeBron is MVP this season.  MVP is not about who having the best year or even a good year.  MVP is most valuable player to their team.  Without LeBron there's a good chance Wade and Bosh still carrying the Heat.  Without Stoudemire where would the Knicks be?  I definitely see the argument for Rose... and a fuh laughs I'll throw in Kevin Love, if not fuh he where Minnesota would be, outta de league? lol

Tuh be honest, when ah doh know too much on certain topics, ah prefer tuh read more and do some more research. Soccerman as ah Heat fan I must agree wid yuh point for LJ as de MVP, his numbers will back dat up. However, Bakes post have meh thinking, his point is extremely strong. I will read more and listen tuh meh favorite AM local sport talk station (790 the ticket) tuh know exactly what de people look for when dey cast their vote. Bakes, tuh further meh support fuh LJ, just some food fuh thought, where is Cleveland now without LJ? I'm just saying ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:50:56 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:38 PM »
Tuh be honest, when ah doh know too much on certain topics, ah prefer tuh read more and do some more research. Soccerman as ah Heat fan I must agree wid yuh point for LJ as de MVP, his numbers will back dat up. However, Bakes post have meh thinking, his point is extremely strong. I will read more and listen tuh meh favorite AM local sport talk station (790 the ticket) tuh know exactly what de people look for when dey cast their vote. Bakes, tuh further meh support fuh LJ, just some food fuh thought, where is Cleveland now without LJ? I'm just saying ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.

SUPA... all that says is that James was Cleveland's MVP, but we already know that.  Is he the Heat's MVP though?  Again, to determine who is most valuable to their team... think "who can this team NOT do without?"

Now for MVP of the league do the same... which of the candidates for MVP can their team NOT do without.  The Knicks won't even make it out of the first quarter without Stoudemire.  The Heat still have Wade and Bosh to carry them.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2011, 05:11:57 PM »

SUPA... all that says is that James was Cleveland's MVP, but we already know that.  Is he the Heat's MVP though?  Again, to determine who is most valuable to their team... think "who can this team NOT do without?"

Now for MVP of the league do the same... which of the candidates for MVP can their team NOT do without.  The Knicks won't even make it out of the first quarter without Stoudemire.  The Heat still have Wade and Bosh to carry them.

While I agree with what you said, the candidate who's team has the highest winning % amongst the stand out performers usually gets the award and right now the Heat has more wins than the Bulls and Knicks. That's why I'll give LeBron the egde over Rose and Stoudemire. With half the season left things could change, Knicks could start to beat up on everybody and Lebrons's numbers can diminish and change the entire outlook.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
I am a Knicks fan but if the criterion is the most important to your team then I have to say Derrick Rose. Considering that Noah miss 25 games and Boozer miss 18 games then I don't really think Chicago have a better supporting cast than NY. Definitely not 9 wins better at this stage in the season.

that being said it looks like the two teams heading for a 1st round meeting and I think we are a tough matchup for them. Beat them twice already this season IIRC though admittedly they wasn't at full strength in either game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »
I am a Knicks fan but if the criterion is the most important to your team then I have to say Derrick Rose. Considering that Noah miss 25 games and Boozer miss 18 games then I don't really think Chicago have a better supporting cast than NY. Definitely not 9 wins better at this stage in the season.

that being said it looks like the two teams heading for a 1st round meeting and I think we are a tough matchup for them. Beat them twice already this season IIRC though admittedly they wasn't at full strength in either game.

Yuh doh think man like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng offers better support than what Stoudemire have in NY?  Plus, is only a handful of games Rose play where neither Boozer or Noah was available... most of the games he had at least one. 

They'll be a handful when they get them two back on the floor and producing.  I not sure we have anybody who could hold Boozer in check... and defensively Noah is a very good position and help defender.  Rose of course is impossible to guard... but he ent the greatest defender (yet) even... so Felton and Douglas have to make him work on the defensive end and hope to wear him down a little.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2011, 07:52:08 AM »
Yuh doh think man like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng offers better support than what Stoudemire have in NY?

no.  and def not to the tune of 9 extra wins at this stage of the season.  At their current win percentages Chicago would win 13 games more over the course of a full season than the Knicks (56 vs 43 rounding down for the bulls and up for the knicks). That's a huge difference.

Chicago have Deng and one of their big men most games but they also have men like Keith Bogans, Kurt Thomas, Kyle Korver, and Taj Gibson getting plenty minutes.  Ben Gordon is with Detroit now.

We have Felton, Gallinari, Chandler and Fields.  And Turiaf would take all Gibson minutes if he went to the Bull.s

Plus, is only a handful of games Rose play where neither Boozer or Noah was available... most of the games he had at least one. 

my point was that for most of the games he had only one of them.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
Carmelo to Lakers???? This is starting to get interesting.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »

small talk man, Mitch trying to motivate de bunch
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »

small talk man, Mitch trying to motivate de bunch

Besides... it done have one black hole on dat team arready as is.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »
Hey Barataria

We beat Boston in Boston.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2011, 06:04:32 AM »
Hey Barataria

Yeah, we very unpredictable, NY in NY tonite, need to see if meh boy have ticks
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »
Hey Barataria

U tryin 2 make me jealous. Hope u get through dat will  a good game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »
Hey Barataria

Doh feel no way sistren, yuh wuld be there in spirit.  Turns out I will be doin like you and watchinb on TV, too much goin on to make it to de garden tonite

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »
Hey Barataria

Doh feel no way sistren, yuh wuld be there in spirit.  Turns out I will be doin like you and watchinb on TV, too much goin on to make it to de garden tonite

D JOYS OF FATHERHOOD

Cable bruk down so I eh seein it on tv. Dey raising d bill from next mth but dey bruk down dis mth.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:41:01 PM by weary1969 »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
K bck in business lets go LAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »
CLEVELAND WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Lakers beat NY

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:13 AM »
yeah, we look like we ole self last nite, ny turnovers helped a bunch, we real stochastic and we won playin that same way last yr and to a lesser extent yr before, i tend to tink de league less forgivin to dat dis yr, especially wid fish bein older and artest playin less dan bess, bynum seem to be gettin in his own doh, we'll see how it all plays itself out

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »
yeah, we look like we ole self last nite, ny turnovers helped a bunch, we real stochastic and we won playin that same way last yr and to a lesser extent yr before, i tend to tink de league less forgivin to dat dis yr, especially wid fish bein older and artest playin less dan bess, bynum seem to be gettin in his own doh, we'll see how it all plays itself out

Definetly Fish last yr whatever happens. As 4 Artest like he eh wat a nxt ring 2 sell. Someting bout Bynum I eh like he look retarted and d set ah injuries doh help.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »
Boston 85- Miami 82

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2011, 08:06:53 PM »
More toots tonite weary, wonder if we culd beat cleveland  ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »

LAWD

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
wuh yuh sayin pardnah,wuh yuh think bout that blowout lastnite.lol.....baby start kickin ball yet.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:58 PM »
wuh yuh sayin pardnah,wuh yuh think bout that blowout lastnite.lol.....baby start kickin ball yet.

:rotfl:  dread, i eh know wah goin wid we, always feel we culd turn it on at any time.  Anyway, small man cool, de barca one-z ready, in a few months guh drop de ball in de crib and put on de barca one-z, tomorrow mite take a half day and have him check out champions league ball wid meh...was talkin to big dawg de odder day, leh we organize ah seen fuh de CL final/semifinals, wah yuh sey?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »

:rotfl:  dread, i eh know wah goin wid we, always feel we culd turn it on at any time.  Anyway, small man cool, de barca one-z ready, in a few months guh drop de ball in de crib and put on de barca one-z, tomorrow mite take a half day and have him check out champions league ball wid meh...was talkin to big dawg de odder day, leh we organize ah seen fuh de CL final/semifinals, wah yuh sey?
yuh done know how we does cut it.we go organise something.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59:08 AM »
Dwayne Wade's incredible full-court touchdown pass to LeBron...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xGhloP0odo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5xGhloP0odo</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »
That pass was on the money and Lebron made it look simple. Nuff men woulda catch it land and go back up for a lay up lol

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »
Can't believe the Lakers lost to the Cavs...that's rock bottom and it's embarassing.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »
Can't believe the Lakers lost to the Cavs...that's rock bottom and it's embarassing.

ENT

LAKERS LOSE
BARCA LOSE
BARATH INJURED

GR8 DAY IF YUH HATE SPORTS

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
Lakers tiad bwoy..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »

ENT

LAKERS LOSE
BARCA LOSE
BARATH INJURED

GR8 DAY IF YUH HATE SPORTS

Yeah, rough week for LA, Barca, supporters, always rough for TT football supporters

1]; } ?>