April 23, 2024, 10:07:16 PM

Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 28031 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 01:26:51 PM »
Can't believe the Lakers lost to the Cavs...that's rock bottom and it's embarassing.

ENT

LAKERS LOSE
BARCA LOSE
BARATH INJURED

GR8 DAY IF YUH HATE SPORTS

Yeah, rough week for LA, Barca, supporters, always rough for TT football supporters

4 sure
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »
Melo, Chauncey, Shelden Williams, Balkman and Anthony Carter for Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov some picks and some cash.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/02/21/knicks.nuggets.carmelo.trade/index.html?eref=BrkNews

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
James Dolan is a foolish c**t of the highest magnitude.  Sucks to be a Knicks fan with this jackass meddling in front office affairs.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2011, 10:05:53 AM »
Ithought alyah would be happy finally getting one of the 4 .

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
Let's see how this one plays off now. I feel for Chauncey, hometown boy finally back at home with family, comfortable and actually playing consistent for Denver and he had to be victim to Carmelo's desires.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
Ithought alyah would be happy finally getting one of the 4 .

Not at that facking price.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2011, 03:13:21 PM »
Deron Williams traded to the Nets for Devon Harris...when you see that, it have to be bc of the Jerry Sloan fiasco.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2011, 07:32:46 PM »
Deron Williams traded to the Nets for Devon Harris...when you see that, it have to be bc of the Jerry Sloan fiasco.

As I said on FB... if the Knicks hit the PowerBall with their trade, then the Nyets just hit the Daily Number.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »
Boston just handed Miami the Eastern Conference championship. The Heat had no answer for Perkins and Robinson's  intensity when they met this year. Looking forward to finally seeing Lebron in the finals....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »
Boston just handed Miami the Eastern Conference championship. The Heat had no answer for Perkins and Robinson's  intensity when they met this year. Looking forward to finally seeing Lebron in the finals....

Where were u when dey get sweep by d spurs?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2011, 07:29:13 PM »

Yeah, not understanding that move.  Jeff Green is my boy... will hate watching him in Celtic green.  OKC just got a whole lot nicer... if Perkins can run the floor to keep up with Westbrook and Durant they'll be nasty.  Now they also have an inside presence in the halfcourt as well.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2011, 07:41:10 AM »

Yeah, not understanding that move.  Jeff Green is my boy... will hate watching him in Celtic green.  OKC just got a whole lot nicer... if Perkins can run the floor to keep up with Westbrook and Durant they'll be nasty.  Now they also have an inside presence in the halfcourt as well.
Yeah Jeff Green is a cool fellah. He was always humble and low key when he attended Gtown.
Hopefully he is accepted in the Celtics lockeroom because word is that the vets and coach are not happy with this trade.
The trade may give Boston the versatility of playing KG at the 5 and Jeff Green at the 4 to present different match up problems in the play offs...Perkins didn't  want to sign a contract extension before the trade deadline so Ainge probably felt he may have lost him at the end of the season without compensation...who knows....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:51:36 AM by futbolfan »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2011, 07:53:23 AM »
I still think the Celtics are the team to beat in the East and don't be surprised if the East finals is Celtics vs Bulls.  The Heat is 0-5 this season against the Bulls and Celtics but we all know that regular season is different from playoffs.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2011, 07:58:19 AM »

Where were u when dey get sweep by d spurs?
That's the thing, they swept by the Spurs with Perkins being a major contributor. Could they afford to do that after this trade, who knows, only time will tell.  ;)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2011, 08:15:14 AM »
Orlando come from down 24 to beat Miami last night.

2nd time recently that ORL overcome a decent lead to comeback. Also the 2nd time that the Heat cough up a big lead recently.

NYK need to get a win tonight and separate from PHI in the playoff race. Although I not sure if facing the 3 seed going to be better than facing the 2 seed.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »

2nd time recently that ORL overcome a decent lead to comeback. Also the 2nd time that the Heat cough up a big lead recently.

NYK need to get a win tonight and separate from PHI in the playoff race. Although I not sure if facing the 3 seed going to be better than facing the 2 seed.

That was a nice game to watch last night, hopefully Bibby can settle in nice and help the Heat. Even though ORL came backand won that game, for some reason I'm still not sold on them. Maybe it's bc I don't think Howard got what it takes to win them a championship as a franchise player. Anyway as a neutral fan, it was a boss game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »

That was a nice game to watch last night, hopefully Bibby can settle in nice and help the Heat. Even though ORL came backand won that game, for some reason I'm still not sold on them. Maybe it's bc I don't think Howard got what it takes to win them a championship as a franchise player. Anyway as a neutral fan, it was a boss game.

The Heat getting ran in San Antone tonight...

Meanwhile my Knicks shoot 55% for the game, get 70 pts from Stoudemire and Anthony combined... and still lost... to the Cavaliers!!

Knicks like they does play defense only once a week.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2011, 12:47:21 AM »
Like de Cavs have allyuh number in trute boy....

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2011, 10:55:26 AM »
bakes

a thought the last time you said Samardo will not do anything in the NBA. well, he is just starting. still only 22.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2011, 03:02:19 PM »
bakes

a thought the last time you said Samardo will not do anything in the NBA. well, he is just starting. still only 22.

He's starting for the Cavaliers... wow, huge achievement.  Playing because Jamison is out with a broken finger.  Let me know when he actually does something.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
bakes

He's starting for the Cavaliers... wow, huge achievement.  Playing because Jamison is out with a broken finger.  Let me know when he actually does something.
every  body has to start somewhere. i see this one have you shaking :rotfl:.

poor bakes :devil:

Samuels had the first double-double of his pro career with career highs in points (23) and rebounds (10).

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/03/samardo_samuels_showing_some_s.html

don't worry he will be greater than our first legend. still only 22.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:31:19 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2011, 10:55:59 PM »
every  body has to start somewhere. i see this one have you shaking :rotfl:.

poor bakes :devil:

Samuels had the first double-double of his pro career with career highs in points (23) and rebounds (10).

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/03/samardo_samuels_showing_some_s.html

You "see" that from quite behind yuh computer screen?  I always knew Ms. Cleo was Jamaican.

When Samuels start to disappear from relevance I only hope you doh conveniently disappear too eh? 

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2011, 12:11:30 AM »
When Samuels start to disappear from relevance I only hope you doh conveniently disappear too eh? 

http://music.aol.com/song/player/audioplayer.jsp

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »

you mean Rumeal Robinson? can't be talking about Ewing.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »

you mean Rumeal Robinson? can't be talking about Ewing.

I say it must be Ben Gordon he did mean.  Didn't even know Rumeal was Jamaican.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
you mean Rumeal Robinson?
can't be talking about Ewing

steups :rotfl:. happy you already know who i am talking,  your sarcasm don't worth shit. :rotfl:

poor dum-ass trinis :rotfl:

Patrick Ewing was born in Kingston, Jamaica in 1962. His father, Carl, was a mechanic at the time, and his mother, Dorothy, was a homemaker. Dorothy conceived of a better life for her children in the United States, and she moved to Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1971 to pave the way for a family move there. She took a job as a kitchen worker in a hospital, and brought her family over one by one. In 1975, at twelve years of age, Patrick Ewing joined his mother and four of his siblings who had immigrated before him. His father eventually found work in a rubber hose factory.

Ewing had never even seen a basketball before his arrival in the United States, much less played the game that was later to make him famous. Soccer is the sport most played in Jamaica, and that was the game he played as a youngster. But he became fascinated by basketball only weeks into his new life as an American. Walking past a playground where other children played basketball, he would often stop and watch. One day, he was asked by the other kids if he wanted to join a game, and he began what was to become a career. Playing basketball did not come easily for the future superstar. "I knew that it was something I'd have to work at," he later told Roy S. Johnson in the New York Times.

Read more: Patrick Ewing - Born In Jamaica - Basketball, Played, Game, Children, Family, and Life http://sports.jrank.org/pages/1393/Ewing-Patrick-Born-in-Jamaica.html#ixzz1Fm3fTh2P

i am talking the one at the top
http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=JM&state=

yes i am talking him ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2l5Emzu-I
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:42:51 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »
^^^ are you really this STUPID... or is this some elaborate ruse?  You must be addicted to posting links and long-ass quotes to think all that was really necessary, that we don't know Ewing was born in Jamaica.  Personally, as a man who grow up in NY as a Knicks fan in the 80s, and who graduate from Georgetown in the 90s, there is very little you can tell me about Patrick Ewing that I don't already know. Daryn's point is that you can't possibly think that Samardo Samuels can be half the player Ewing was... let alone "better" than Ewing. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »
Supa yuh boys crying in de locker room star... whey's dah one?

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2011, 12:41:38 AM »
bakes

Samardo have improve tremendously under Cleveland coach.

Daryn's point is that you can't possibly think that Samardo Samuels can be half the player Ewing was... let alone "better" than Ewing. 
that's why i made it clear up top who i was talking, just in case you and him did not get it. ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:34:37 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »
bakes

Samardo have improve tremendously under Cleveland coach.

Daryn's point is that you can't possibly think that Samardo Samuels can be half the player Ewing was... let alone "better" than Ewing. 
that's why i made it clear up top who i was talking, just in case you and him did not get it. ;D

Ewing is one of the 75 greatest players in NBA history... you have to be high on crack to think Samuels can even come close to equalling, let alone surpassing his accomplishments.  Better to just admit that yuh get carried away dey... or like daryn say, maybe yuh was comparing him to Robinson.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:22:42 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>