April 29, 2024, 12:49:53 AM

Author Topic: Camps steps down as Harvard president  (Read 2009 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Camps steps down as Harvard president
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:17:21 AM »
Camps steps down as Harvard president
T&T Express.

Oliver Camps has decided against contesting the elections for the presidency of Harvard Club.

Camps, also president of the Trinidad Tobago Football Federation, became a member of Harvard some sixty years ago and served as secretary for 25 years. He has served as president for the past 18 years.

The ex-T&T national team manager said his decision was based on the fact that there would be other nominations contest the seat of president.

"It has a been  a great honour and indeed a pleasure to serve in my capacity as president of the Harvard Club. But from the moment I became president some18 years ago and during that period, I made it quite clear that while I was pleased to be serving, I would step down if there were to be any other contestants going up for the position of president. It is on that basis that I decided to step down this year. I have served my time and I have no regrets. I will continue to support the club in whatever way necessary and I wish the club the very best in its future endeavours and continued development," Camps stated.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Camps steps down as Harvard president
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 12:17:39 AM »
TTFF next please.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 01:32:14 AM »
TTFF next please.

it wont matter. JW would replace him with another puppet

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 06:13:11 AM »
IT STEPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »
TTFF next please.

CO-SIGNNNNN
IT STEPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:rotfl:
TTFF next please.

it wont matter. JW would replace him with another puppet

ENTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
Hear nah. I was on de page where yuh see all de sub forums. I see de last post in a thread entitled...

"Camps steps down as...."

I went  :o

Click on de link.......

And feel like i went in subway and get a doubles.

Oh well...maybe a sign of things to come.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
He did actually indicate he would do the same thing at TTFF if challenged about a few months ago in some interview.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=50566.0
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:37:13 PM by E-man »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 09:37:26 AM »
He did actually indicate he would do the same thing at TTFF if challenged about a few months ago in some interview.

So anybody challenge him? When elections is? Dis month ent?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »

Dais the thing, does anyone know when or where the election is .... what is the process? Im willing to bet that the election done gone already... sneaky!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brigadier Carl Alfonso is new Harvard president
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »
Brigadier Carl Alfonso is new Harvard president
By Joan Rampersad (T&T Newsday)

Retired Chief of Defence Staff, Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force, Bigadier General Carl A Alfonso was elected the new President of the Harvard Club at the recently concluded annual general meeting of club for the 2010-2012 term.

With a special liking for basketball, Alfonso was also President of the Trinidad and Tobago Basketball Federation. In preparation for civilian life after a lifetime in the army, Alfonso joined the Harvard Club and took interest in playing none other than basketball with some of the older members of the club.

However he was given a rude awakening on the court when he was cursed for a bad play. It blew his mind then that a civilian could do such a thing. But the same person who was responsible for the verbal attack was now in full support of Alfonso becoming club president.

Alfonso replaced Oliver Camps, the former long serving president, who was made the second patron of the Club at the AGM.

In an immediate reaction to his election as Harvard Club president, Brigadier Alfonso said, “First of all I want to thank Oliver Camps for the job he has done over the years and I hope to improve on what he did. I am looking forward to changing some of the ways we do things in an effort to improve the standard of the Club. I think I have an excellent management team and we are all looking forward to taking the Club forward and upward.”

Camps has been involved in sports for over 50 years, first as an active player of almost every sporting discipline with the exception of swimming, and later as an administrator. After playing football and cricket for the Harvard Club, Camps served as the club’s secretary for over 25 years before being elected president in 1991, a post that he held until the recent AGM.

Camps, who has been in sports administration for a period that spans almost five decades, was inducted into First Citizens Sports Foundation’s Hall of Fame in 2008. His many achievements are reflected in the part he has played in the development of local football regionally and internationally. He has served in key positions in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) and Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).

Camps, who also promoted cricket in the country and region, as well as given support to other sporting disciplines, was also a recipient of the TT Olympic Sports Personality Award in 2001.

In a letter on behalf of the entire membership, club secretary Roland Forde thanked the outgoing members of the last executive for their services, for the 2008/2010 term.

The club’s membership went for a more youthful management, as the elected officers’ ages range from the 20s to the 60s. It is one of the youngest management teams in the history of the Club.

Following a motion past at the AGM, the club elected its first ever public relations officer, 27-year-old Kabir Hosein. He has been involved in organising the TT Steel Pan and Jazz Concerts as well as the St James WeBeat festival and Harvard events for a number of years. Other members elected to the club’s management were vice president Andy Palmer, civil engineer/project management consultant. He represented the club in basketball and was a former coach in the football clinic.

The secretary is Roland Forde, assistant secretary – David Alzola, treasurer – Anthony Marcano, assistant treasurer – Albert Lewis, sports supervisor – Dion Auguste, and floor members – Kamiruu Clarke and Stephen Ward.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 03:27:53 PM »
Well done Harvard,it's nice to see you all still up and running,one of the few from the good old days still around,i'm glad to see mi boy Brig Carl Alfonso as president that means they are still strong,congrats.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 06:43:37 PM »

I think I saw something in the article from Andre Errol Baptiste that it would be in November....steups....go figure.... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>