April 24, 2024, 11:58:30 AM

Author Topic: Fuller: Jones is one of my students.  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fuller: Jones is one of my students.
« on: October 09, 2010, 04:13:34 AM »
'Wily Boo' braves injury for the Boyz.
By: Sean A Williams (Jamaica Observer).

It will take more than dislocated shoulders, damages to ankles and knees to keep the Jamaica and Stoke City striker off the pitch. And he has sustained all of the above and more at some point or another in his 10-year, first-class career.

Fuller's latest injury scare came less than two weeks ago in his team's English Premier League 2-1 win over Newcastle. It had fans, teammates and manager Tony Pulis on edge. They were worried for their influential frontman who, according to Wikipedia.com, has scored 40 goals in 148 appearance since joining Stoke in 2006.

A week later on Saturday after dislocating his right shoulder, he was miraculously back in action against Blackburn Rovers -- albeit as a second-half substitute. But he was back, to the surprise of many, except himself.

Fuller, a former Tivoli Gardens star, is now set to make a long-awaited return for the Reggae Boyz against arch-rivals Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors tomorrow at the National Stadium.

"It's a joy to represent my country at any level... to represent your country you don't need any further motivation as that is motivation in itself," he said Wednesday at Cuddy'z Sports Bar in New Kingston.

"I've always done the best for the team... football is not about individuals, it's about team, and I give of my best at all times and hopefully it will be good enough on Sunday (tomorrow)," he added.

But is he fit enough to give of his best tomorrow?

"Last Tuesday, I had two injections, one on the left (shoulder) and one on the right, it's sugar injections -- it's not steroids... so hopefully, I'll be fit enough to play," explained the 30-year-old.

Looking back at what seemed like a serious injury at the time, Fuller said scans showed it was more superficial than anything else.

"The right shoulder came out and I believe 16 months ago the left one came out. (In the latest incident) scans have not shown any damage to ligaments or any bruises to the bone or fracture. That's a plus, so I guess I was second time lucky," he told journalists.

"When I injured the left shoulder, the same thing happened, as the scans showed that there was no damage to the muscles or bone. What the doctor did (in the last injury) was put me to sleep and just put it (shoulder) back in and it healed, but there are little aches and pains, but I was given (medication) for the pain and swelling," said the six-foot-three-inch striker who has terrorised defenders in the English leagues with his fearsome close skills and change of pace.

Fuller, who launched his England professional career with Crystal Palace back in 2001, said he's generally satisfied with his season so far.

"I've been training hard and trying always to develop that chemistry with my teammates. Over the years, I've done well and the team has been doing well... we've a good unit as a team in the changing room and on the field," he outlined.

The former Camperdown High student is joined at Stoke by Trinidad's Kenwyne Jones and intimated a partnership between the two is taking shape.

"He is actually one of my students. Everything I used to do he would follow me and he was my partner at Southampton, so for him to come at Stoke now may be a match made in heaven. It seems pretty good so far," said Fuller, popularly called 'Wily Boo' by Jamaican fans.

Fuller has been an influential member of Stoke since joining in 2006 from Southampton for £500,000, and his goals helped win them promotion to the Premier League in 2008.

He has also had stints with Scottish outfit Hearts, along with Preston North End, Portsmouth and Ipswich Town.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuller: Jones is one of my students.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:14:52 AM »
Tell Fuller to go suck he mudda.

Ah wonder if Kenwyne was a killer if Fuller woulda sing de same tune.

Somebody always responsible for somebody, next thing Fullar go say he make Stoke sign Jones...

Typical bad mind Jamaican.

It good he student does keep him on Stoke bench.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:27:16 AM »
Tell Fuller to go suck he mudda.

Ah wonder if Kenwyne was a killer if Fuller woulda sing de same tune.

Somebody always responsible for somebody, next thing Fullar go say he make Stoke sign Jones...

Typical bad mind Jamaican.

It good he student does keep him on Stoke bench.

Here we go again. You totally took the mans comments out of context.  Jones and Fuller have played on the same team on a number of occasions, considering that Fuller has much more experience playing professional football in England and Scotland, I dont suppose it would be far fatched to think that at some point in the past he was a mentor to Jones(they were very close friends at Southampton).  Regarding Fuller not playing a starting role this season: Its not because if Jones arrival, in fact, Jones was brought in to partner fuller upfront..Fuller has not started all season because he is recovering from injury.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 05:41:54 AM »
It seems you have all the excuses in the world. Fuller injured since de season start ? and who tell you Jones was brought in to parthner Fuller.!!! So Stoke building their club around Fuller then.

Man you just as bias as Fuller.

Jones and Fuller was close because they from de Caribbean, thats all, Jones was 18 at Southampton and new to England, so off course he looked for a caribbean man to make him feel at home.

Who de hell is Fuller to come out and say Jones was one of his students, please, a student of what ? slapping teammates.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:03:24 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 06:07:07 AM »
F#CK FULLER
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 08:01:52 AM »
WHY THE HATE???? LOL

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 08:18:13 AM »
I find this hate kinda excessive....... If it was an English player or some other nationality who had taken KJ under his wing would there have been the same vitriol?

These Jamaicans (on this forum) can be annoying at times but that don't mean that we have to be so dread all the time.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »
I find this hate kinda excessive....... If it was an English player or some other nationality who had taken KJ under his wing would there have been the same vitriol?

These Jamaicans (on this forum) can be annoying at times but that don't mean that we have to be so dread all the time.

really?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 08:42:56 AM »
Lol, allyuh have issues, yes.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 10:39:52 AM »
ROFL

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 10:51:11 AM »
jones sorf, he wouldnt say that to a fellah like dwarika, narine or even bleeder.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 10:51:44 AM »
my only problem is that this journalist is using wikipedia as a source.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
lol calm down boys

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 03:36:25 PM »
my only problem is that this journalist is using wikipedia as a source.

:D

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 05:27:19 PM »
Ent Southampton sign jones as a defender?? Why would he follow fuller when he signed for them? To learn what exactly?  ???  ???  ???

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
This arguement is like  BOOOO...

Next

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »
missleading tittle
they wanna create hype surrounding the game & try to make themselves look better

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »
You guys killing me...love the vibes  ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
missleading tittle
they wanna create hype surrounding the game & try to make themselves look better

The misleading title is actually Flex's.

Moving on...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »

Doh mind dem! some members are soooo bias, nasty and hateful that they are in total oblivion to their own hatred and scorn of others.  they are so eager to jump on some sh!t that they don't care if fuller was saying it in jest or he meant it affectionately, or it could be that he meant to say that he mentored KJ since KJ was ah yuteman  when he went to england, but they automatically assume that it was said with malice.

sam is like what the ole ppl used to call "goat sh!t on ah hill" the slightest wind and it does come tumbling down! the slightest thing said by a small islander or ah jamaican and is cuss and bad vibes, but ah bet if teddy sheringham or robbie fowler had said that they mentored yorke, they self woulda said something complimentary, but since it's ah blackman, and ah caribbean man tuh boot, yuh will hear all the nasty this and  thats about the player.

this type ah BS does real piss me off, and yuh dun know who the haters are, anything about jamaica and they does go out their way tuh act and say stupid simple shyte. it's really embarrassing tuh hear and see sometimes, it does really make all trinis look resentful of other caribbean ppl which is clearly not the case.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »

Doh mind dem! some members are soooo bias, nasty and hateful that they are in total oblivion to their own hatred and scorn of others.  they are so eager to jump on some sh!t that they don't care if fuller was saying it in jest or he meant it affectionately, or it could be that he meant to say that he mentored KJ since KJ was ah yuteman  when he went to england, but they automatically assume that it was said with malice.

sam is like what the ole ppl used to call "goat sh!t on ah hill" the slightest wind and it does come tumbling down! the slightest thing said by a small islander or ah jamaican and is cuss and bad vibes, but ah bet if teddy sheringham or robbie fowler had said that they mentored yorke, they self woulda said something complimentary, but since it's ah blackman, and ah caribbean man tuh boot, yuh will hear all the nasty this and  thats about the player.

this type ah BS does real piss me off, and yuh dun know who the haters are, anything about jamaica and they does go out their way tuh act and say stupid simple shyte. it's really embarrassing tuh hear and see sometimes, it does really make all trinis look resentful of other caribbean ppl which is clearly not the case.

Don't take it so serious Just Cool, is just football rivalry!

You do not say complimentary things about your opponents on game day!

I don't usually cuss as it was not allowed in my household in T&T while growing-up (plenty licks for that) but just for today I say F$%^K Fuller too!  :devil:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:37:53 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 09:48:37 PM »

Don't take it so serious Just Cool, is just football rivalry!

You do not say complimentary things about your opponents on game day!

I don't usually cuss as it was not allowed in my household in T&T while growing-up (plenty licks for that) but just for today I say F$%^K Fuller too!  :devil:
Breds, rivalry is OK, but there's ah line yuh don't cross, it's like fans who make monkey chants and throw piss missiles @ players and rival fans, that's taking rivalry way too far! to tell ah man go S#@K his mudda, and all this fight down thing based on ah simple comment is taking things too far.  class is class and despite the rivalry, lets not take it too far. i say keep it classy, the world is watching
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 06:25:07 AM »
It seems you have all the excuses in the world. Fuller injured since de season start ? and who tell you Jones was brought in to parthner Fuller.!!! So Stoke building their club around Fuller then.

Man you just as bias as Fuller.

Jones and Fuller was close because they from de Caribbean, thats all, Jones was 18 at Southampton and new to England, so off course he looked for a caribbean man to make him feel at home.

Who de hell is Fuller to come out and say Jones was one of his students, please, a student of what ? slapping teammates.

Sam, it looks like you are agreeing with the point I made. And yes, Fuller picked up an injury in pre-season training. If you think Pulis is foolish enough to relegate his leading scorer for three seasons running to the bench for an unproven striker in the EPL (Walters) then think again.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:27:02 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 06:30:32 AM »
missleading tittle

The title for the article was transposed by FLEX when he took it from the Jamaica Observer...the title in the Jamaica observer read:
'Wily Boo' braves injury for the Boyz. ("Wily boo" is what te fans call fuller in the office)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 07:40:56 AM »
f**k away with jamaica today oui ,iyah .crush them sc**ts .What time is the game .

1]; } ?>