April 26, 2024, 05:57:58 AM

Author Topic: Do Our Trini Footballers Suffer From an Inferiority Complex?  (Read 2415 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Do Our Trini Footballers Suffer From an Inferiority Complex?
« on: October 09, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »
I've been asking myself this question for years,especially when the opposition is of a particular persuasion or a known power house,not completely minimizing some accomplishments but we've yet  to solidify a place as a serious contender in the region or even around the world.

So is it that the big stage overwhelms us or we subject ourselves to psychological paralysis which translates to poor performances on the field.

Wha Allyuh Think I running out ah possibilities.   

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Do Our Trini Footballers Suffer From an Inferiority Complex?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »
Sagapinto- There is no one answer to this T&T team. Under Gally it was Psychological .I personally think it is concentration and physical fitness- The ability to run for 90plus minutes and lack of concentration.
 I just witness Poland vs The USA and USA came on strong real strong in the last minute of the game.
 Fitness level.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »
I've been asking myself this question for years,especially when the opposition is of a particular persuasion or a known power house,not completely minimizing some accomplishments but we've yet  to solidify a place as a serious contender in the region or even around the world.

So is it that the big stage overwhelms us or we subject ourselves to psychological paralysis which translates to poor performances on the field.

Ask them if yuh really want to find out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:18 AM »
that is fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 04:46:36 AM »
Not just our players, all our athletes do...(except Ato, he was a cocky mofo)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 04:59:17 AM »

Ask them if yuh really want to find out.

I will if given the chance

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 09:44:46 AM »
Performance Anxiety......is like scoring a big date and we get premature  elation and then  flop.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »
Performance Anxiety......is like scoring a big date and we get premature  elation and then  flop.
When TT play its more like premature de-flation,check out how teams daz score against we in the opening minutes.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »
I feel it's confidence issues... almost as if they don't really expect to perform, and thus make silly mistakes. It's endemic especially if it is coupled with losses.

We need to develop a winning mentality to accompany successful performances. A sport psychologist is needed around the team.

We have real talented players in T&T... real players... it's about a professional setup for the fellas to work from...

Every squad from U12 to Senior Squad should be meeting at least once a week, if not then twice a month... and ah mean everybody... to check on each other's progress and understanding of the game...

We've lost that winning feeling... we only play to hope to avoid defeat, we don't fight for the win...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »
I feel it's confidence issues... almost as if they don't really expect to perform, and thus make silly mistakes. It's endemic especially if it is coupled with losses.

We need to develop a winning mentality to accompany successful performances. A sport psychologist is needed around the team.

We have real talented players in T&T... real players... it's about a professional setup for the fellas to work from...

Every squad from U12 to Senior Squad should be meeting at least once a week, if not then twice a month... and ah mean everybody... to check on each other's progress and understanding of the game...

We've lost that winning feeling... we only play to hope to avoid defeat, we don't fight for the win...

Interesting Point especially the last one about playing to avoid defeat  :thinking:

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »

Do we really have these real talented players in T&T?  I agree that fighting spirit and professional setup is not there but I don't think that is the whole problem.  The Trinbago definition of talent is where our football starts going wrong. A man could drag players and cap a few men and he real talented. Mind you his fitness, movement off the ball, vision and distribution piss poor, but yet still he real talented. Yes all of these deficiencies can be improved but it not happening cause everybody have the same problem to the extent it does not look like a problem. When we leave the country however it does start to show.  Kenwyne have real talent but I watch him play a few times this season and his movement off the ball sometimes dispicable. We call Carlos a Rolls Royce and yet the man playing on the winger and his crossing sometimeish.

Trini ballers suffer from overhyped expectations and a misunderstanding of what it really takes to cut it at the highest level.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:40:10 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>