April 29, 2024, 05:34:46 AM

Author Topic: 2010 Miami Carnival SW.Net reviews  (Read 2184 times)

AirMan

2010 Miami Carnival SW.Net reviews
« on: October 11, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
any members went this year ?..give we ah lil summary on yuh experience and how was this year Miami carnival

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Miami Carnival SW.Net reviews
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »
any members went this year ?..give we ah lil summary on yuh experience and how was this year Miami carnival

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :cheers: :cheers: :chilling: :chilling:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »
Gyul fuh so
Less fetes dan usual

Wha else yuh want tuh know?  :devil:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:37:46 AM »
Gyul fuh so
Less fetes dan usual

there's said to be a phenomenon known as camel toe. any such occurrences and is there documented proof?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:10:12 AM by Jumbie »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:24:51 AM »
Gyul fuh so
Less fetes dan usual

there's said to be a phenomenon know as camel toe. any such occurrences and is there documented proof?

That phenomenon was frequently witnessed over the past several days. For further detail, you can ask Tongue, who apparently has been traumatized after repeated exposure to the phenomenon. Last I heard, he has returned to DC, and has launched an investigation into something called moose knuckles. 
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 07:11:15 AM »
nice to know that a competent agent is on the case.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 08:04:30 AM »
I juss reach in 2 am this morning.. still recuperating.  Man... what ah time.  Finally had room in mih schedule to make the trip down... first time in 5 yrs and it really didn't disappoint.  I was on the road with mih family, Big n Strong, outta NYC.  Played mas in their band, the One Island Paint band... theme was Avatar, so mankind was representing in he Nav'i body paint 'costume'.

Nuff woman was in Miami boy... wheeeyyyy!  Tallman allyuh eh know how lucky allyuh have it nah dred.  And yes, nuff ah dem was visitors from elsewhere, but nuff locals too, including de Cubans and dem.  Not all ah dem stuck up... de ones wukking in de hotel ah stayed in was cool... and sweet!

I reach Thursday night and decide to stay in and finish up some work that was due this week, so that ah could get it out de way.  Friday ah hit "Black and White"... roll in fashionably late, meet up ah crew and get laffed at fuh having two Malibu and Pineapple in mih hand.  Apparently dat is 'gyul' drink, lol... but me eh know drinker and I was rolling solo, so I really wasn't about tuh drink and drive.  West Indians doh have no manners doh, and they park all in de Hampton Inn parking lot and didn't move when requested, so police shut it down.

Saturday night ah went and see Rave, with Machel and Kees and dem.  Boss show... but organization was sorely lacking.  Mankind standup in two long-ass lines fuh about ah hour and a half just to get inside.  I feel like ah was back in primary school pushing fuh bus in de PTSC terminus in Grande.  Once inside it was nice vibes doh... nutten like ah outdoors fete with good music, good vibes and good company.

Sunday was de road.  Lawd... what ah time what ah time.  I real luv my people and mih culture yes, no matter dat dey does fret mih.  Kudos to all concerned... organizers, local government, police, venue management, bandleaders, truck drivers, marshalls, patrons, masqueraders!!  Ah have tuh boo Natural Freaks doh, dem have no behavior... and ah doh mean that in a good way.  Dem fool and dem crash de people gate rather than behave civilized to get inside... cause de Miami-Dade Sheriff and dem to have to put on a show of force that really wasn't necessary otherwise.  Kudos still to the police, I get the sense that we were more welcomed than tolerated, as is the case in NY.

Next year God spare life and de schedule accommodating... I will be there.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 07:22:31 PM »
Hmm...what can I say about Miami Carnival that hasn't already been said...

I wasn't able to do any of my usual partying during the week beforehand this year, and was only able to play mas. Nevertheless, the road more than made up for the lack of partying. Grades:

Vibes A+

Organization A+... not bad for the first time @ Sun Life

Location A... Putting Carnival in between Broward and Dade Counties was a boss move, although I'll miss jumping in beautiful downtown MIA. One thing that needs to be fixed for next year is that there really was no place for paying spectators inside the park to view the bands coming in- the little space it had to watch the bands in was standing room only.

Parade Route C-... The route was the only problem I had w/ this year's carnival. The parade route was only 1.9 miles, and .5 of those miles were spent on an isolated, fenced-off road with no spectators anywhere. They really need to work on this for next year.

Women...Oh, the women... I can't even give this a grade :o All races, all nationalities... all ages, shapes, and sizes... they were all on display on the road. The women of Miami Carnival are always as beautiful and diverse as the city itself, and this year was no exception :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 11:19:50 PM »
Short clip of one of my favorite parts of the jump...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOD0AKIhLt0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qOD0AKIhLt0</a>

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:53:19 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 09:10:27 AM »
Gyul fuh so
Less fetes dan usual

there's said to be a phenomenon know as camel toe. any such occurrences and is there documented proof?

That phenomenon was frequently witnessed over the past several days. For further detail, you can ask Tongue, who apparently has been traumatized after repeated exposure to the phenomenon. Last I heard, he has returned to DC, and has launched an investigation into something called moose knuckles. 

I doh know wha allyuh torking bout.  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: .......... was ah heavy diet of eye food. Sad when it have light han' people pouring drinks....pressha!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »
i reach back in the wee hours of monday morning and think i only just recover today...

it was jiggy!

1]; } ?>