April 19, 2024, 12:54:29 PM

Author Topic: Are our Football Players subject to random drug testing/Marijuana included...  (Read 4107 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know a lot ah men doh think nothing of weed but ah throw it in there because overall I think any type of drug or weed affects performance,speech,and creates learning disabilities and I'm wondering about a lot of those players who just cyah get it right maybe that might be the case or maybe I'm wrong for even starting a thread like this.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
who paying for the drugs test

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know a lot ah men doh think nothing of weed but ah throw it in there because overall I think any type of drug or weed affects performance,speech,and creates learning disabilities and I'm wondering about a lot of those players who just cyah get it right maybe that might be the case or maybe I'm wrong for even starting a thread like this.

so we need some jamaica weed then?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

so we need some jamaica weed then?

3 - 1 & 1- 0, Yuh right!!!  :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
This should be mandatory. I will agree with such an initiative within the league. This should even extend to coaches and other technical staff. Drug test kits should be available OTC.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Herbs ah the healing of the nation sent from creation lol.. everything else yes not weed!!!

Why men does be fighting down the herbs...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don't think theres testing in Pro League, but there should be. I am certain there is testing in all competetive internationals, but probably not in friendlies.

As we're on the subject of drug testing, I asked Sancho which English players shirt he got in Germany (coz I think he got Santa Cruz from Paraguay) and he said he was supposed to get Rooneys, but as they were walking off, Rooney was selected for testing and had to keep his shirt on. 

I also knew an English player, John Mackie, who captained Leyton Orient to the League 2 title, which they won on the last match of the season. As the guys celebrated, he was selected for testing. He got so vex with the 4th official, he got red carded 10 mins after the match had finished. He wasn't even allowed to drink the champagne or celebrate on the field until he gave his sample. It can often take a player up to 60 mins to provide a sample due to dehydration, despite drinking litres of water.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don't think theres testing in Pro League, but there should be. I am certain there is testing in all competetive internationals, but probably not in friendlies.

As we're on the subject of drug testing, I asked Sancho which English players shirt he got in Germany (coz I think he got Santa Cruz from Paraguay) and he said he was supposed to get Rooneys, but as they were walking off, Rooney was selected for testing and had to keep his shirt on. 

I also knew an English player, John Mackie, who captained Leyton Orient to the League 2 title, which they won on the last match of the season. As the guys celebrated, he was selected for testing. He got so vex with the 4th official, he got red carded 10 mins after the match had finished. He wasn't even allowed to drink the champagne or celebrate on the field until he gave his sample. It can often take a player up to 60 mins to provide a sample due to dehydration, despite drinking litres of water.

Really very interesting scenario.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trust me, if they was testing for de herb, nuff fellas will get banned. Testing will take away some key guys in the pro league and even the national team  ;). lol

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think that it is difficult to classify "weed" with the other "drugs" for testing simply because "weed" stays in your system for about 31 days. So in effect they are no longer testing for the effects but rather the life-style choice of the player. A person could shoot up whichever powder they fancy.. or pop pills, in a club and play a game 24 hours after and be "drug free". I think this was a personal attack on "weed" and the sliding in about the affected speech and the learning disabilities; well clearly your reaching. Obama's children didnt seem to come out too facked up. Neither Cheech or Chong. So lets stick to being a professional and if our players are tested for drugs period! and ganja is classified as a drug so your covered.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
but its so nice  :'( slurr :drool:

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trust me, if they was testing for de herb, nuff fellas will get banned. Testing will take away some key guys in the pro league and even the national team  ;). lol

This is so right...teams will hadda look for new players....I know that W Connection does testing on their players tho, but not sure how frequent it is

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

This is so right...teams will hadda look for new players....I know that W Connection does testing on their players tho, but not sure how frequent it is
       What are you guys trying to say here,drugs (de herb)is a major issue for Footballers in T&T?since when that has become so prevallent within the sport?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

What are you guys trying to say here,drugs (de herb)is a major issue for Footballers in T&T?since when that has become so prevallent within the sport?

Is long time men doing things like that. Don't know if back then in the PRO league men use to smoke or drink.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Is long time men doing things like that. Don't know if back then in the PRO league men use to smoke or drink.
       Well we will never know because there was no test,all peeps used to study was ball was nice,every now and then you will see a vagrant in town and remember he used to play for so and so club(good player),that's how you might find out,but generally guys were serious about their game so that did not factor in.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Herbs ah the healing of the nation sent from creation lol.. everything else yes not weed!!!

tell them shotta.................leave the trees pls

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
I remember in the early pro league days (or maybe it was late semi pro days) they had urine testing for drugs, but it might have been restricted to a specific cup which suggests that it was being imposed by one particular sponsor.

I remember two man getting ketch (for weed), a fella with ah weird name like Goin or something similar and another one who name escapes me...

doh know what going on now, but it might explain some of we players "laid back" attitude :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I remember in the early pro league days (or maybe it was late semi pro days) they had urine testing for drugs, but it might have been restricted to a specific cup which suggests that it was being imposed by one particular sponsor.

I remember two man getting ketch (for weed), a fella with ah weird name like Goin or something similar and another one who name escapes me...

doh know what going on now, but it might explain some of we players "laid back" attitude :devil:

Good point at the end they about them being laid back,I would bet that most of the pro-league players hit some kinda cannabis.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Let me give allyuh a story about smoking the good herb of which I really don't have a problem with if it's used for medical reasons or even recreationally but in sports that's a different kettle ah fish.Alright here goes.When I played for Tranquil back in 80 81 we had a big game against St Augustine we were beating most ah dem donkey side around the league like Barataria senior, St georges,St Anthonys,Naps,just to name ah few but before the game everyone of my teamates including me smoke some good herb and Gustine hand we 8-0 men was laughing when they put ah spanner on ah player,men running like they had all day to get the ball,when men take ah shot at goal they freeze an admire it coach balling at them "wha the hell allyuh doin" it was ah mess and very embarassing to say the least.     

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doh blame the herb ,blame yourselves ,alyah was a bunch ah kids ,joker smokers   .It don"t affect Micheal Phelps in that way does it .but then he doh do it while training or competing ,marely in his down time ,to relax .

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doh blame the herb ,blame yourselves ,alyah was a bunch ah kids ,joker smokers  ;) .It don"t affect Micheal Phelps in that way does it .
       What has Michael Phelps done since after the Olympics,ah mean besides commercials.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doh blame the herb ,blame yourselves ,alyah was a bunch ah kids ,joker smokers  ;) .It don"t affect Micheal Phelps in that way does it .

Buh Quags come on now man Michael Phelps is ah one man show is two different scenarios plus who knows for sure if he smokes before ah swim meet.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i had modified my first reply; am almost sure he dont .
.but then he doh do it while training or competing ,marely in his down time ,to relax .

Coops Micheal training for the Worlds next year .

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
       What has Michael Phelps done since after the Olympics,ah mean besides commercials.

Set another world record in the 200m fly.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

yeah poor herb

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De lick might be to have testing after SSFL games.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Herb like any smoke would not help stamina and breathing .But cigarettes are worst .Weed more help with your brain and thinking ,so smoking right before a chess match would be an advantage .Smoking if your a footballer would help you understand the  game ,more than enhance physical attributes ,like other steroid drugs .Even though it does give you confidence ,but that is just tapping your natural ability .

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Herb like any smoke would not help stamina and breathing .But cigarettes are worst .Weed more help with your brain and thinking ,so smoking right before a chess match would be an advantage .Smoking if your a footballer would help you understand the  game ,more than enhance physical attributes ,like other steroid drugs .Even though it does give you confidence ,but that is just tapping your natural ability .
       So what you saying,it should be introduced in schools? :devil:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wish I knew about it in school ,it would have been like clicking the refresh button but for my brain .I cant justify letting kids smoke ,it has to many dynamics ,some are dangerous as it brings out whats in ones own mind ,which can be anything ,including terrible fears. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:39:43 PM by Quags »

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wish I knew about it in school ,it would have been like clicking the refresh button but for my brain .I cant justify letting kids smoke ,it has to many dynamics ,some are dangerous as it brings out whats in ones own mind ,which can be anything ,including terrible fears. 

Quags stop while yuh ahead with this one,try not deviate from the topic footballers and drugs.... 

1]; } ?>