April 27, 2024, 11:11:20 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (04-Nov-10).  (Read 30515 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (04-Nov-10).
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:48:31 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Guyana (19:00) game on the 04th of November 2010 at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

1. Chat Room.

Possible Online Streams.
To be updated.

Possible TV Station.
To be updated.

T&T Team:

Goalkeepers:
Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public).

Defenders:
Julius James (DC United), Yohance Marshall (LA Galaxy), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Daneil Cyrus (Caledonia AIA), Joevin Jones (W Connection).

Midfielders:
Clyde Leon (capt) - (W Connection), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Keon Daniel (Puerto Rico Islanders), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Lester Peltier (Ma Pau FC), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Puerto Rico Islanders).

Forwards:
Devon Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (unknown), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Shahdon Winchester (W Connection).

Coach:
Russell Latapy (Head Coach) - Ross Russell (Assistant).

Guyana Team:

Goalkeepers:
1.Ronson Williams (Alpha United), Derrick Carter (Western Tigers).

Defenders:
13.Charles Pollard (Caledonia AIA), 5.Walter Moore (Caledonia AIA), 11.John Rodrigues (D.C. United), 3.Howard Lowe (capt) - (Caledonia AIA), 6.Jake Newton (Hawks HQ), 4.Christopher Bourne (Croydon Athletic).

Midfielders:
15.Shawn Beveney (Caledonia AIA), 14.Sean Cameron (Miami FC), Christopher Nurse (Puerto Rico Islanders), Eusi Phillips (Guyana Defence Force), 7.Dwayne Jacobs (Alpha United), Warren Gilkes (Guyana Defence Force), 16.Philbert Moffat (Alpha United), 8.Dwayne Ali (Western Tigers).

Forwards:
10.Anthony Abrams (Alpha United), 18.Devon Millington (Devon Millington), 9.Dwight Peters (Alpha United).

Coach:
Wayne Dover (Head Coach) - Collie Hercules (Assistant).

PREAMBLE:

A. The 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup is an official event of the Caribbean Football Union (hereafter referred to as CFU).

B. The 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup serves as a qualifying event for the CONCACAF Gold Cup Tournament.

C. This competition is played in a Preliminary Phase and a Final Phase.

D. Any rights that these regulations do not cede to a National Association shall belong to the CFU.

I. TITLE – THE DIGICEL CARIBBEAN CUP

A. The Digicel Caribbean Cup shall take place every two years. National Associations affiliated to the CFU are invited to participate with their Senior National teams.

II. ENTRIES

A. All National Senior Men’s teams of CFU members have the right to participate in the Digicel Caribbean Cup.

B. The competition will serve to qualify four (4) CFU members for places in the CONCACAF Gold Cup (which will be contested in the USA next June 2011), these being the four (4) semi-finalists, and shall end, except if circumstances do not permit, at least six (6) months prior to the CONCACAF Tournament.

Prizes

1st Place: - US $120,000
2nd Place: - US $70,000
3rd Place: - US $50,000
4th Place: - US $30,000

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:03:36 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guyana Game (04-Nov-10).
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:47:15 AM »
Guyana confident of upsetting T&T.
T&T Express Reports.

They have moved ahead of Trinidad and Tobago in the latest FIFA rankings and now Guyana's senior footballers are intent on upsetting the "Soca Warriors" on their own turf when both teams clash at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium next Thursday in Group F action of the Digicel Caribbean Cup.

The Guyanese are now 98th on the rankings, ahead of T&T who slipped to 106. According to Guyana captain Howard Lowe, the "Golden Jaguars" are capable of producing the spoils. Both teams drew 1-1 in Georgetown a few weeks ago.

"We are confident of reaching the finals, but we will be taking one game at a time. I think our success in Suriname was based on the team playing to instructions and the high level of discipline that is within the team.

This team understands what it is we are striving to achieve and so the focus is very much on the ball. We want to win all our matches and prove that we can compete with the best." Lowe said after a training session on Thursday.

The skipper dismissed any fear for the opponents in the second round, pointing to the professional experience in the squad.

Assistant coach Collie Herculies who played in the T&T Pro League in the past, also echoed the same sentiments,

"We have a bunch of talented players and I see no reason why we can't qualify for the final".

The former national forward who scored 14 times while playing close to 30 games for Guyana says he is enjoying his new role and is seeing the game from a different perspective.

"It's all about imparting and sharing that which I have acquired over the years as a player. I see this as a good opportunity to further advance my football career, and more importantly to give back to my country," he added.

T&T meantime are expected to have their quota of overseas pros available from today, with the Puerto Rico Islanders duo Kendall Jagdeosingh and Keon Daniel scheduled to arrive at the live-in camp at Crowne Plaza.

Meantime, midfielder Shahdon Winchester, hoping to break into the first team, described his recent trial in Ukraine as another beneficial experience.

"It's good because we got to see exactly how they treat the game as professionals and in an European environment where football is everything for the people," Winchester told TTFF Media. He was accompanied by fellow Connection teammate Hughtun Hector.

"I think the experience is valuable because it prepares us for bigger challenges and we're now looking to make a contribution during the Digicel Caribbean Cup. We have the firepower to beat these teams and we want to get the job done without much problems," he added.

And in related news, injured Defence Force winger Kevon Carter is wishing his teammates a successful and injury-free campaign in the regional tournament.

"I'll be backing them all the way...My focus now is rehab and the doctors say I should be able to play again in just over six months so by the time the Gold Cup comes around, I should be playing to allow the coach to assess me for selection again," Carter said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »
The test starts her; We have to win; we must win we need to win .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »
Just win and u could get yuh copy of French 4 dummies
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
well i guess i don't need to say the obvious here  8)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:22:38 PM »
Correction:
Just win and u could get yuh copy of Football 4 dummies
 ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »
Correction:
Just win and u could get yuh copy of Football 4 dummies
 ;)

Nah man dey go need 2 communicate in Martinque
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »
Ah watching the waggon cut eye and tip-toeing closer.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 10:14:57 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Classic comment.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 07:09:25 AM »
This is the toughest test in this group... T&T and Guy should qualify.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 07:17:56 AM »

eh ???...... haiti not in we group ???......... dem eh no push overs,  TT and Guyana need to be wary, TT more importantly need to lock-up qualification tomorrow
I pity the fool....

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 08:16:30 AM »

:rotfl:

The waggon go cyah hold the line ah seein behind yuh

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 08:17:43 AM »

eh ???...... haiti not in we group ???......... dem eh no push overs,  TT and Guyana need to be wary, TT more importantly need to lock-up qualification tomorrow

at the moment, ah think Guy is a tougher opponent for us than Haiti..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »
Ah yes i cant wait  :angel:
Youtube Channel

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
I was boarding a flight in Panama last Friday to come home and the Haitian team was assembling to come on the same flight.

Them men was busy shopping in duty free like if it was the highlight of the tournament. Three of them particularly probably walk that airport 50 times ...if you see their face. Maybe they were working on fitness while shopping....

Traditionally the Haiti team  has been in my view our most difficult opposition at this level . In my view , i think this will be a very difficult game for us if we need points from that game.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 02:55:38 PM »
I was boarding a flight in Panama last Friday to come home and the Haitian team was assembling to come on the same flight.

Them men was busy shopping in duty free like if it was the highlight of the tournament. Three of them particularly probably walk that airport 50 times ...if you see their face. Maybe they were working on fitness while shopping....

Traditionally the Haiti team  has been in my view our most difficult opposition at this level . In my view , i think this will be a very difficult game for us if we need points from that game.
        You know i looking at how we scared of Haiti and wondering what's going on with us.How prepared could Haiti be and we worried,they just had a major earthquake,lost their whole Football administration,have so much setbacks etc etc and these guys could find the guts to still play Football and compete with the best in the region.
        When i look at us we complain about every little thing,training facilities (we must train at HCS), administration,technical staff etc etc and the thig is we playing at home and we still have a fear for all these teams even St Vincent,what going on T&T?   
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:10:41 PM by Coop's »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 03:03:46 PM »

You know i looking at how we scared of Haiti and wongering what's going on with us.How prepared could Haiti be and we worried,they just had a major earthquake,lost their whole Football administration,have so much setbacks etc etc and these guys could find the guts to still play Football and compete with the best in the region.
        When i look at us we complain about every little thing,training facilities (we must train at HCS), administration,technical staff etc etc and the thig is we playing at home and we still have a fear for all these teams even St Vincent,what going on T&T?  

What going on in T&T? whey yuh want meh to start?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 03:28:34 PM »

You know i looking at how we scared of Haiti and wondering what's going on with us.How prepared could Haiti be and we worried,they just had a major earthquake,lost their whole Football administration,have so much setbacks etc etc and these guys could find the guts to still play Football and compete with the best in the region.

When in the history of T&T football was Haiti not a threat? People with nothing to lose, and coming from nothing are the people to fear the most. Haiti has always had little to work with in terms of facilities, therefore, I think they will be a very tough game to negotiate.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »

When in the history of T&T football was Haiti not a threat? People with nothing to lose, and coming from nothing are the people to fear the most. Haiti has always had little to work with in terms of facilities, therefore, I think they will be a very tough game to negotiate.
        Elan you are correct.What i am trying to say is we have everything in terms of money, infrastructure, administration,stadiums etc etc you want to tell me teams that have little to work with do better especially in these modern times.I remember when we used to complain about not having a stadium a home for our Football,now we have four what has it done for Football?we qualify for a WC finals and still fear teams in our region.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 04:24:04 PM »

Elan you are correct.What i am trying to say is we have everything in terms of money, infrastructure, administration,stadiums etc etc you want to tell me teams that have little to work with do better especially in these modern times.I remember when we used to complain about not having a stadium a home for our Football,now we have four what has it done for Football?we qualify for a WC finals and still fear teams in our region.

I get what you're saying.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »

Coop's keep in mind the "we" that fear these teams are for the most part the ones on this site. I've never heard Latas or even the players for that matter say they worried.

Latas has stated that he wants the team to peak at the right time.

I get what you're saying but most of the fear is from right here

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 06:33:08 PM »
play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 08:18:26 PM »

You know i looking at how we scared of Haiti and wongering what's going on with us.How prepared could Haiti be and we worried,they just had a major earthquake,lost their whole Football administration,have so much setbacks etc etc and these guys could find the guts to still play Football and compete with the best in the region.

Wey he was for the last 4 years?  Sleeping!

Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »

Wey he was for the last 4 years?  Sleeping!

You talking about the last 4yrs and i talking about 30yrs,is not that i don't know,is just that you keep hearing the same problems being repeated,we making the same mistakes,the same excuses etc etc but expect different results,after every game/tournament you keep hearing the same thing,it's really frustrating as a Football fan.Check this,T&T have been going through a rough patch under Latas recently,i don't know if you follow the fire Latas thread,all i'm trying to say is we win one game against St Vincent and all that change already (just one game).

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 08:01:07 AM »
Oh cool. Our monthly meeting with Guyana!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »
If we comfortably beat Guyana by say 3 goals to nil would all the anti Latapy people including me be willing to eat some "humble pie",I have a little piece in the fridge,I'll be willing to heat it up later.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
If we comfortably beat Guyana by say 3 goals to nil would all the anti Latapy people including me be willing to eat some "humble pie",I have a little piece in the fridge,I'll be willing to heat it up later.

Nah, yuh have to eat that cold.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
me aint eating no pie nah. we have 2 jobs to finish, to top the group.Then i will eat it  :angel:
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »

d tourney has a ways to go still, I ent no bitter hater like some, but I have my reservation about Latapy tactical acumen, especially when it comes to defense, it would be interesting to know if he knows anything about his opponents before games on any level ???, if any tactical adjust does happen in realtime wit he ??? ........................for ah man dat spen donkey years in Europe and more dan likely woulda be expose to dat kinda planning ah find it jus disappointin dat he have d typical trini  "alyuh go out an run hard" approach to coachin.

I would be very surprised if somebody tell me he does analyze opponent tapes and build plans based on what he saw because it sure as hell doh seem so.............at d gold Cup, if we get there :-\ , d US and maybe mexico will have we team broken down cataloged and each member learned and planned for, I doh tink Latapy shows dat he have kinda foresight and organization, and we jus fortunate dat d ress of d Islands doh SEEM to do dat neither
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 01:08:45 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »
Guyana beating we.. oh gawd oui LOL...  We not getting out of this group. See how well Haiti defended and Guyana too?

Personally I hope we lose so we can get a new coach.

1]; } ?>