April 18, 2024, 01:26:51 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (06-Nov-10).  (Read 26251 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (06-Nov-10).
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:49:27 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Haiti (18:30) game on the 06th of November 2010 in Trinidad and Tobago at the Hasley Crawford Stadium will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

1. Chat Room.

Possible Online Streams.
To be updated.

Possible TV Station.
To be updated.

T&T Team:

Goalkeepers:
Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public).

Defenders:
Julius James (DC United), Yohance Marshall (LA Galaxy), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Daneil Cyrus (Caledonia AIA), Joevin Jones (W Connection).

Midfielders:
Clyde Leon (W Connection), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Keon Daniel (Puerto Rico Islanders), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Lester Peltier (Ma Pau FC), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Puerto Rico Islanders).

Forwards:
Devon Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (unknown), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Shahdon Winchester (W Connection).

Coach:
Russell Latapy - (T&T).

Haiti Team:

Goalkeepers:
Steward Ceus (Colorado Rapids, USA), Peterson Occenat (Aigle Noir, Haïti).

Defenders:
Parnel Guerrier (Victory SC, Haïti), Jean Rubin (America des Cayes, Haïti), Donald Guerrier (Violette AC, Haïti), Junior Clairssainvil (ASCAR, Haïti), Kenold Versailles (Rochester Rhinos, USA), Jerome Mechack (Austin Aztec, USA).

Midfielders:
Fabio Charles (ASCAR, Haïti), Jackinton Jean (Don Bosco, Haïti), Constant Monuma (ASCAR, Haïti), Joseph Beauge (Violette, Haïti), Jacquenson Jean (ASC, Haïti), Pascal Millien (Tampa Rowdies, USA), Sony Norde (San Luis FC, Méxique), Harold Milord (Cavaly, Haïti).

Forwards:
Eliphène Cadet (Aigle Noir, Haïti), Léonel St Preux (Victory SC, Haïti), Fabien Vorne (Furman University, USA), Ricardo Charles (Victory SC, Haïti).

Coach:
Edson Tavares - (Brazil).

PREAMBLE:

A. The 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup is an official event of the Caribbean Football Union (hereafter referred to as CFU).

B. The 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup serves as a qualifying event for the CONCACAF Gold Cup Tournament.

C. This competition is played in a Preliminary Phase and a Final Phase.

D. Any rights that these regulations do not cede to a National Association shall belong to the CFU.

I. TITLE – THE DIGICEL CARIBBEAN CUP

A. The Digicel Caribbean Cup shall take place every two years. National Associations affiliated to the CFU are invited to participate with their Senior National teams.

II. ENTRIES

A. All National Senior Men’s teams of CFU members have the right to participate in the Digicel Caribbean Cup.

B. The competition will serve to qualify four (4) CFU members for places in the CONCACAF Gold Cup (which will be contested in the USA next June 2011), these being the four (4) semi-finalists, and shall end, except if circumstances do not permit, at least six (6) months prior to the CONCACAF Tournament.

Prizes

1st Place: - US $120,000
2nd Place: - US $70,000
3rd Place: - US $50,000
4th Place: - US $30,000

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:31:40 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (06-Nov-10).
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »
I hope we are playing a couple more fine-tuning friendlies before this game, right?!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »
I hope we are playing a couple more fine-tuning friendlies before this game, right?!

The TTFF will later this week hold a press conference and announce the following warm up matches in preparation for the Digicel Cup:

Guyana - there's an intense football rivalry in the making between these 2 countries and the soca warriors will want to take revenge on their guyanese cousins for the beating their cricket team inflicted on the T&T cricket team preventing them from representing the region again in the Air Tel Champions League T20 series in South Africa. 

Of course there's also unfinished business between the 2 teams given their draw in Guyana a few weeks ago. 

Besides.....Guyana cheap so if the TTFF could play them twice, that would be ideal.

Tobago select XI - yes folks, the one you have all been waiting for is finally here.  Trinidad & Tobago versus "just Tobago".  An incestuous football match if there ever was one but one that will be full of pride and passion.  The plan will be to play it at the premier fete match venue in the Caribbean....the Dwight Yorke Stadium thereby giving Tobagonians the opportunity to see their national team TWICE in action on the same day!

It's so inspiring to see a Stadium living up to the legacy of the person after whom it was named.

Who knows?  Maybe even the great man himself Dwight Yorke may grace the occasion with his presence.  Then again maybe not as it's highly unlikely that David Beckham will be coming for this game.  But it's a chance for football lovers everywhere....in Tobago anyway....to see exciting household names go head to head:

Cyd Gray versus Kern Cupid
Sean Christmas versus Devon Jorsling
Hayden Fitzwilliam versus Jamal Gay
Terry Williams versus Ross Russell
Bertille St Clair versus Russell Latapy

And the most fascinating and mouth watering of them all.....

Keon Daniel versus Keon Daniel

Finally...the TTFF in an effort to leave no stone unturned in their quest for proper and adequate preparation for this prestigous tournament will announce a final preparation game at the nation's other world reknowned fete match venue.....The Marvin Lee Stadium.....when perennial Super League champs & glamour team WASA come up against our own Soca Worriers.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »
i thought we had to qualify for the degicel cup? last i heard we had to play four regional teams including haiti and guyana to get into the final eight. is that so, or we are automatically in the degicel cup without a preliminary round?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:37:12 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

The TTFF will later this week hold a press conference and announce the following warm up matches in preparation for the Digicel Cup:

Guyana - there's an intense football rivalry in the making between these 2 countries and the soca warriors will want to take revenge on their guyanese cousins for the beating their cricket team inflicted on the T&T cricket team preventing them from representing the region again in the Air Tel Champions League T20 series in South Africa. 

Of course there's also unfinished business between the 2 teams given their draw in Guyana a few weeks ago. 

Besides.....Guyana cheap so if the TTFF could play them twice, that would be ideal.

Tobago select XI - yes folks, the one you have all been waiting for is finally here.  Trinidad & Tobago versus "just Tobago".  An incestuous football match if there ever was one but one that will be full of pride and passion.  The plan will be to play it at the premier fete match venue in the Caribbean....the Dwight Yorke Stadium thereby giving Tobagonians the opportunity to see their national team TWICE in action on the same day!

It's so inspiring to see a Stadium living up to the legacy of the person after whom it was named.

Who knows?  Maybe even the great man himself Dwight Yorke may grace the occasion with his presence.  Then again maybe not as it's highly unlikely that David Beckham will be coming for this game.  But it's a chance for football lovers everywhere....in Tobago anyway....to see exciting household names go head to head:

Cyd Gray versus Kern Cupid
Sean Christmas versus Devon Jorsling
Hayden Fitzwilliam versus Jamal Gay
Terry Williams versus Ross Russell
Bertille St Clair versus Russell Latapy

And the most fascinating and mouth watering of them all.....

Keon Daniel versus Keon Daniel

Finally...the TTFF in an effort to leave no stone unturned in their quest for proper and adequate preparation for this prestigous tournament will announce a final preparation game at the nation's other world reknowned fete match venue.....The Marvin Lee Stadium.....when perennial Super League champs & glamour team WASA come up against our own Soca Worriers.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Good one Palos, yuh on form!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:24 PM »
i thought we had to qualify for the degicel cup? last i heard we had to play four regional teams including haiti and guyana to get into the final eight. is that so, or we are automatically in the degicel cup without a preliminary round.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 07:01:32 PM »
hoping this is a decider as who goes to Group H & I , am assuming this is the last game of the Group which
is dub the unfortunate Group . lots of pundits was hoping st vincent or Barbados gets Group E ,after sundays
results non of the above . This is a must win Group for Trinidad , nothin less is acceptable . If you fail to win
this Group you wont be going to the Gold Cup . Be warned !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
hoping this is a decider as who goes to Group H & I , am assuming this is the last game of the Group which
is dub the unfortunate Group . lots of pundits was hoping st vincent or Barbados gets Group E ,after sundays
results non of the above . This is a must win Group for Trinidad , nothin less is acceptable . If you fail to win

U sure we goin Digi
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »

U sure we goin Digi

Glad I was wrong like an o MARTINQUE WE COMING.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 12:47:21 AM »
I hope we rest 7 on Haiti

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 06:31:27 AM »
Guyana hoping for T&T help
By Ian Prescott

Guyana national coach Leon Dover needs a favour from Trinidad and Tobago, who he describes as their "sister country."
Dover hopes T&T will continue their winning streak in the Digicel Caribbean Cup Group F football qualifiers by beating Haiti when the teams meet from 6. 30 p.m. this evening at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.
After losing to T&T on Thursday night, Guyana have just one point from a 0-0 draw with Haiti on opening night. Meanwhile, T&T have already qualified for the Finals in Martinique following victories over Guyana (2-1) and SVG (6-2), while Haiti are second with four points.
But the Guyanese still have an outside chance of pipping the Haitians for the second qualifying spot in the group, provided T&T beat Haiti, while Guyana also have to win big when they meet bottom-placed St Vincent and the Grenadines in today's 4 p.m. opening match.
"It's a kind of tough situation," Dover admitted. "We never wanted to be in a situation like this...... nevertheless we are. But you know we gonna be positive. We gonna remain positive and focus on coming out on top in the next game. The problems, as you can see are finishing, and we hope we can score as much goals as possible in the last game and hope now that Trinidad continues its winning streak and that we can qualify against Haiti on goal difference."
If T&T coach Russell Latapy has his way, Dover may just get his wish. Latapy was quite pleased following his team's victory which qualified the Soca Warriors for the Finals from November 28-December 5.
Asked how he would approach the Haiti match Latapy said: "My view is that I want us to be dominant again in Caribbean football. So, it doesn't matter who we play in Caribbean football and in the CONCACAF zone. I want us to be dominant so we going to try and win every single game that we play against these opponents."
The coach added: "I came up early tonight, and on Tuesday night, and I was able to see them (Haiti) play a bit. I think they have some similarities to Guyana in terms of the way they play. I think they are very compact. I think they are not an easy team to break down. But then again, we gonna play the way that I think we can play best to attain the results. And that is the way we will play against most opponents - to our strengths."
Speaking following the Guyana win, Latapy said he was pleased. He explained that he used different combinations of players in both matches and it worked because T&T got the required result.
"First and foremost we achieved what we wanted to achieve, which was getting two victories after two games, and booking our ticket to Martinique. We have done that." Latapy said.
"I thought that we were a lot more solid tonight than we were against St Vincent in the first part of the game. I though that we limited the chances of Guyana tonight and we passed the ball well.
"But in the end, in a manner of speaking, I would say we had to hang on a bit at the end, but that is credit to Guyana because I suppose their thought process would be that if they lose by two goals, or three goals, or four goals, they would have still lost the game. So, what they did is that the threw a lot of players into the attack and they left it two-vie-two at the back."
"I though at the beginning of the second half we had a couple of chances that if we had buried them, we would have killed the game off."

TODAY’S MATCHES:
(Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella)
4 p.m. - Guyana v SVG
6.30 p.m. - T&T v Haiti
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 06:33:54 AM »
I think the T&T vs Haiti match should be the first game and then Guyana vs SVG..

This way, no favors... and all team will be forced to play hard.

SVG hoping to upset, T&T need to win group, Haiti must win or tie and Guyana must win and hope for Haiti to lose.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 08:25:07 AM »
Actually both games should play at the same time
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 08:25:59 AM »

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN  ;), i would be very surprised if it does lol  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
I think the T&T vs Haiti match should be the first game and then Guyana vs SVG..

SVG hoping to upset, T&T need to win group, Haiti must win or tie and Guyana must win and hope for Haiti to lose.
Good point, Sam! No reason why it cannot be done. in the interest of fair play.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 08:39:29 AM »
Actually both games should play at the same time

Dais too much planning and common sense for the TTFF...the lazy option would be to just leave it as it is.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 08:39:59 AM »

Good point, Sam! No reason why it cannot be done. in the interest of fair play.

fair play? Money talks breds, they want everybody in the same stadium. why split the match venues for when people hardly going?  I agree with you, but i dont see that happening.
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN  ;), i would be very surprised if it does lol  :D

Please Haiti is a real shit team, and YOU and others were expecting licks from Guyana and mayle licks from St Vincent...steups

ok then 8 in dey cyat hole

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
haiti is shit? ok then
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
haiti is shit? ok then

THAT team in T&T is shit...licks in dey cyat hole

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
As I said before, the Haitian team in T&T is our U-23 with just a couple older guys. Most of them have never been capped before.

To make it worse, the coach has sent home two key players Eliphene Cadet (he refused to train for the SVG game) and Versailles (indiscipline). Haiti's key defender Parnel Guerrier has accumulated two yellow cards and won't be in tonight. The trouble there is that Versailles is the only guy who could really replaced Parnel. Also, remember Eliphene Cadet is the big tall forward who would be putting pressure on T&T's defense.

Haiti will be lucky to escape with a draw.

Of course, Haiti will still have Sony Norde to force fouls and St-Preux to score on free kicks! They both have excellent individual skills that can cause trouble.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »
As I said before, the Haitian team in T&T is our U-23 with just a couple older guys. Most of them have never been capped before.

To make it worse, the coach has sent home two key players Eliphene Cadet (he refused to train for the SVG game) and Versailles (indiscipline). Haiti's key defender Parnel Guerrier has accumulated two yellow cards and won't be in tonight. The trouble there is that Versailles is the only guy who could really replaced Parnel. Also, remember Eliphene Cadet is the big tall forward who would be putting pressure on T&T's defense.

Haiti will be lucky to escape with a draw.

Of course, Haiti will still have Sony Norde to force fouls and St-Preux to score on free kicks! They both have excellent individual skills that can cause trouble.

hey don't forget Fabien 'Prince' Vorbe, he's been quiet so far but he's due for a breakout game. look for him to give the soca warriors back line some trouble.

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
Any TV/radio stations carrying this game?

Any live streams?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 01:06:57 PM »
what we have a new coach and team?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 01:32:04 PM »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
when does the SVG-Guyana game start? i thought it started at 4

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »
According to digicelfootball.com: Guy 2 - SVG 0
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:48:07 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 03:39:49 PM »
Guyana 2 - SVG 0

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 03:51:43 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »
Guyana 2 - SVG 0

It's Final

So all Haiti need is a draw. Ah guess even a loss by 1 goal would work.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>