April 25, 2024, 06:03:20 PM

Author Topic: Out of all the Caribbean teams who went WC.  (Read 5650 times)

truetrini

Re: Out of all the Caribbean teams who went WC.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »
When and where this game versus India really played, for the life of me I cannot remember such a game at all...wow.

And I knew where we played games was wondering what was called the national stadium before de H.Crawford etc.

I remember when that stadium was built after the Jean Pierre, but I canot remember any game versus India at all.

I used to go George V, Oval Guaracara Park, Plao Seco, PSA etc. to watch ball all the time.  North ?South classics was de bess....

Ariama had a nice atmosphere too...used to watch raffie Knowles and dem play old timer ball in Geroge V at night...big crowds nice time.

Arthur Suite in PSA was great too.

steups but this India game real stump me boss.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 11:11:39 PM »
Any one remeber this game. Any newspaper clippings.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 12:18:09 AM »
For your information my Trini friend friend, although you were the better team in that tournament in 1973 but Haiti did not rob you. I was at the 1973 game.
The goals were disallowed for the following reason

1.One Trini player who had the reputation for making his hand freethrow feel like a cannon, throw the ball into the net and the ball never touch the goalie nor a defender. Of course you can't score with your hand in soccer..

2. During a corner kick, while our goalie was going after the ball, one trini player held him down by his waist area. Goal was disallowed

3. During a corner kick again, one trini player, pick up a pile dirt from the ground and  threw it in the eyes of our goalie...referee saw them all..

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 12:31:33 AM »
For your information my Trini friend friend, although you were the better team in that tournament in 1973 but Haiti did not rob you. I was at the 1973 game.

1.One Trini player who had the reputation for making his hand freethrow feel like a cannon, throw the ball into the net and the ball never touch the goalie nor a defender. Of course you can't score with your hand in soccer..

2. During a corner kick, while our goalie was going after the ball, one trini player held him down by his waist area. Goal was disallowed

3. During a corner kick again, one trini player, pick up a pile dirt from the ground and  threw it in the eyes of our goalie...referee saw them all..

One reason why you must say no to drugs.....you see things that did not happen hear things that made no sound and you deny Haiti stole the game!

We played on a grass field where did the pile of dirt come from?  steups  stop chat the shit talk.

In fact the ref blew for most of the goals and it was ONLY after consultatrion with the linesman came back and disallowed them...nice plot and plan they had going on.   And if the goals were illegal why did FIFA subsequently ban the lineman and ref for life?

The only people who say that T&T were not robbed by the tiefing Baby Doc who bribed the officials are Haitians...ask any playe from any other team and they ALL say we were robbed.

again stop chat shit!

steups

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 12:41:47 AM »
And we scored 5 in the game too eh...so de missing goal is when de dirt was in your eye,

we had 4 legal.... perfectly legal goals disallowed.....and ended up losing 2-1...when the REAL score was 5-2 in favor of T&T.

The merchants in Port au prince left their shops open and alowed our players to take presents and I think Baby Doc de old fowl tief game dem each a gold watch...take dat ah sorry fuh robbing allyuh ah West Germany
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 12:46:31 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »
Any one remeber this game. Any newspaper clippings.

I haven't come across anything on this in the papers.

Only thing I have on the topic of bare feet and India goes back to the 30's when T&T captain Arthur Wilkinson played a match in England barefoot:

http://ttfootballhistory.com/node/1377

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 02:28:47 AM »
Yeah they (India) wanted to play barefeet
LOL

serious talk.
One of the most peculiar occrences in the history of football.
ah wish fifa who ever was governin at the time did let dem run

I bet dem barefoot bullet woulda poison somebody

They poison T&T... ah vaguely remember India putting a cut arse on we in the then National Stadium.. and yes a man score a demon from almost half line, barefoot!

What shit you talking.

India played 3 games in TT in 193 or 84. They lost two.
They won the first one 3-1. Yes a great shot from far out but everybody wore shoes.
Btw India were lucky to win that one game, even Indians from the Indian High Commission admitted it.

India did qualify for the WC in the 50s playing barefoot but it was against FIFA rules so they weren't allowed to play.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 06:00:50 AM »

So why was the El Salvadorian referee banned for life after the game ?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:02:18 AM by Flex »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »
For a Caribbean team at the World Cup, any group is a group of death.

DITTO!!!!

1]; } ?>