April 25, 2024, 10:49:58 AM

Author Topic: Best Fete Match Stadium in TnT  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Best Fete Match Stadium in TnT
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
Belive it or not the biggest fete match venue in TnT is the Dwight Yorke Stadium.
Week in week out the Stadium remains closed to use by the Tobago Football Association and the Secondary School's Football League and the Pro League, but on weekends you can drive by and see cars in the parking lot and games in action on the field.

What is really going on here ??

SSFL games in Trinidad are being played at the Stadia there, and the Pro League Knockout games are certinly playing. So why are the people of Tobago being denied access to their Stadium. Not even the training ground.
How can the TFA, the SSFL and even Tobago United, be expected to function efectively if they cannot make money. Football in Tobago is relegated to the level of vagrants, having to beg for any and everything that they can get.

No wonder Tobago United has been left out of the rest of the Pro League.
How can any sporting organization be expected to operate under these conditions.

Unable to make any money from gate recipts, this means that every cent has to come from sponsorship.

What makes it even worse is that as of the end of October, Shaw Park (the only other Paying Venue) is being closed to prepare for the up comming Cricket Season.

They say that the Stadium was being closed after the World Cup to facilitate repairs to the structure......this has not started.

Did you know that the Dwight Yorke Stadium has about the best playing surface in the Nation, probably only rivaled by the Hasley Crawford......Why.......because nobody can use it !!!!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Best Fete Match Stadium in TnT
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:35:09 AM »
Yuh want mih to help yuh start ah petition??.... >:( >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:54:40 AM »
Nah don't worry, the letters going out this week. Just wanted the SW.NET family to know what is really taking place with football in Tobago.(we ent have to Shaun Fuentes)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »
Nah don't worry, the letters going out this week. Just wanted the SW.NET family to know what is really taking place with football in Tobago.(we ent have to Shaun Fuentes)
I hear yh shout out dey bro, Ah throwing ah eye your side.
ps: whose responsibilty it is to reserve the stadium, and from whom ? If the fete match teams playing regular, dem teams from Tobago too right ? So dem is dependable witnessess right ?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:17:14 AM »
When you call the Stadium Management they say they getting their orders from The Ministry of Sport in Trinidad. When you call the Ministry of Sport they say that the THA is in charge.....?

The only thig happening is that football in Tobago suffering.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 07:55:16 AM »
PSA  :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
When you call the Stadium Management they say they getting their orders from The Ministry of Sport in Trinidad. When you call the Ministry of Sport they say that the THA is in charge.....?

The only thig happening is that football in Tobago suffering.
Find out who the fete match sides calling(who are they anyway), and/or let them call, have it documented. You could do that on yuh own. Call/send/write Jack, cc: THA ;TTFF; SSFL; Minister of Sport; Andre Baptiste, ask what can be done, I understand Jack usually responds to everyone. Doh see how, fete-match could play and more impotant football cannot use the facilities, unless agreed by all parties. Who is thes Fete match people, I ask again, are they Tobagonians, is it rented ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 03:06:48 PM »
I remember Andre Baptiste doing a couple programmes on the need for repairs on the Stadium. It was a real back and forth between the Ministry and the THA.   I think there was some issue about the Stadium never being properly handed over to the THA after it was built for the U-17 World Cup in 2001. 

The THA placed the responsibility for repairs squarely on the shoulders of the Min of Sport.  As I recall, the Ministry then did acknowledge responsibility but took forever to effect the repairs.  Limited repairs were undertaken done when the WCQ against Costa Rica was to be played there last year...I think that was paid for by the Ministry but I stand to be corrected.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 01:51:31 PM »
Here we go again..there is another FETE MATCH on at the Dwight Yorke Stadium tonight !!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 02:07:09 PM »
Here we go again..there is another FETE MATCH on at the Dwight Yorke Stadium tonight !!!!!!

A tempted 2 say d national team playin but I will behave
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rocoply

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 07:15:25 PM »
do n expose.....call them and tell them you want your team to play and see what they say .....see if u hadda pay a summtin...a lil bribe nah

1]; } ?>