April 20, 2024, 04:23:12 AM

Author Topic: Wayne Rooney Thread  (Read 23571 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wayne Rooney Thread
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »
Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

Posted in the Stretford End thread as well...

Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

Wayne Rooney has thrown Manchester United's season into a state of turmoil after informing the club he has no plans to sign another contract and intends to find new employers. Rooney's decision is based on serious differences with Sir Alex Ferguson, the Guardian understands, and will be a devastating blow to the supporters who have come to regard him as a talismanic figure in this troubled era under Malcolm Glazer's ownership.

United may have no option now but to sell the England striker, possibly in the January transfer window, rather than risk his transfer valuation dramatically lowering now that he is only 20 months away from becoming a free agent.

Rooney has always said he has no desire to play abroad and would like to remain in Manchester for the rest of his career, but his mindset has changed and his availability will inevitably attract interest from major forces such as Real Madrid and Barcelona. Manchester City may feel they have an outside chance of capitalising on what has gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, although their chances are undermined by the fact they already have a huge task ahead of them bringing down their wages to prevent Uefa banning them from European competitions under financial fair-play rules.

The full details are not yet clear but the underlying fact is that Rooney now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life, coinciding with a dramatic loss of form and a growing sense that the most successful manager in the business has taken a hard-line approach with his player.

Rooney has lost his place in the team, with Ferguson citing a supposed ankle injury, and the 24-year-old felt sufficiently emboldened last week to contradict his manager's version of events and make it clear he has not missed a single training session – and was, in essence, dropped for other reasons.

What has not been established is whether these events have coincided with a disagreement about the amount of money he expected to earn in a new contract. United had been willing to make him the highest earner at the club, with a weekly salary of £150,000, and the club's chief executive, David Gill, had stated several times earlier in the year that the matter would be resolved as soon as Rooney was back from the World Cup.

That now appears to have backfired on Gill, with the message already conveyed to senior figures at Old Trafford that Rooney is now counting down his days at the club. There remains a suspicion it might be a part of the negotiating process, but the Guardian has been informed that, for now at least, Rooney's mind is made up and that he and his family are already contemplating where next to take his career.

If that remains the case, it threatens to be an even more devastating blow to the club than Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real Madrid last year given that it was widely known the Portuguese would eventually move to the Bernabéu. Rooney has always given the opposite impression, immersing himself in the fabric of the club, and now appears to be on the brink of being one of the few players to leave against their wishes. Ferguson has moved on some great footballers, including Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Beckham, but always prides himself on players not being sold unless he says so; in this case it seems clear that the decision was made by Rooney first.

With United desperately trying to keep the matter in-house, Ferguson's views on the subject are not clear, other than he is known to be alarmed and angry about the headlines that Rooney has attracted because of his alleged relationship with a prostitute, Jennifer Thompson and mostly his faltering performances on the pitch. Some United fans will be angry that Rooney seems to have portrayed himself as the victim when it could be argued that he has brought these troubles on himself, but a rift has clearly developed between player and manager.

Rooney has been in the worst form of his professional life for the last seven months, without a goal in open play since the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich in March. Most worryingly, he is showing few signs of emerging from his current slump. Nonetheless, he remains a hero to the United support and was regarded as the player who would help to ensure continuity and success once Ferguson, plus the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, had retired.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:36:42 PM by Flex »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 05:05:13 PM »
Big story Cantona ,how you feeling ?.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
 8)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:52:24 PM »
Big story Cantona ,how you feeling ?.
Not really sure. I didn't think things would degrade quite so quickly. Off the cuff, I would say that Rooney, having been at United for so long would know that the list of players to fall out with Ferguson is long; the list of players who survived is non-existent. This must be a pretty big, irreconcilable bust-up. All we could do is guess about the exact nature of the "crisis".
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:57:13 PM »
Could be speculation.. or it could be true...

I normally pay most respect to the Guardian and Times but mind you this is the same guy that had sources saying Vidic will definitely leave this summer that now ended and now he's the captain...

It's all too early... of course the press will be littered in this nonsense tomorrow... maybe he's just trying the that's not enough money wildcard until we fold and offer more

I think it will be career suicide should he leave

I cannot imagine United without Rooney 10 in it...it will be a massive shock and massive loss... Irreplaceable

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
Rooney caused this on himself.... if this is true, so be it, no player is bigger than the club, fantastic player, but his behavior has been poor lately.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:07:03 PM »

I normally pay most respect to the Guardian and Times but mind you this is the same guy that had sources saying Vidic will definitely leave this summer that now ended and now he's the captain...

It's all too early... of course the press will be littered in this nonsense tomorrow... maybe he's just trying the that's not enough money wildcard until we fold and offer more

I cannot imagine United without Rooney 10 in it...it will be a massive shock and massive loss... Irreplaceable

Yeah because Tevez form has nosedived badly since leaving you. 

Allyuh ManU fans is kicks yes.  It's one thing if Rooney was in his 30's but the man is still in his physical prime at 24.  Clearly his loss of form is due to off-field issues affecting his focus, those issues will pass and he'll return to form.  Except now Fergie has alienated Rooney so the resurgence may well occur at another club.  If that club should happen to be the billionaires across town expect to finish behind TWO teams in blue on a regular basis.

No player is bigger than any club but apparently the manager is....at ManU anyway.

giggsy11

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 08:33:19 PM »

Allyuh ManU fans is kicks yes.  It's one thing if Rooney was in his 30's but the man is still in his physical prime at 24.  Clearly his loss of form is due to off-field issues affecting his focus, those issues will pass and he'll return to form.  Except now Fergie has alienated Rooney so the resurgence may well occur at another club.  If that club should happen to be the billionaires across town expect to finish behind TWO teams in blue on a regular basis.

No player is bigger than any club but apparently the manager is....at ManU anyway.

Dred pleeze! ferguson tried tuh help rooney by sayin he nursin an ankle injury; rooney let his ego take over and contradicted his manager in the press. Rooney has been very unprofessional by creatin drama and now he can't do his damn job. fergusion's responsibiity is to the team not indulge rooney on the present head trip he seems to be on. so if rooney have a problem with that then he should buss it.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »
lol @ career suicide if Rooney leaves.
mods merge this crap please.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
YNWA... ooops wrong thread...  ::)
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »
Players win the battles ,Clubs win the wars 95% of the time,big clubs 100% of the time .So Rooneys bigger for now .
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:12:22 PM by Quags »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »
So Small Mag right ,no player is bigger than Manchester United .....or Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal .
Or evan New Castle United muchless Manchester United .

Manchester has become the granddaddy of them all folks .whether you like it not .And you know who you can thank for that right ?Well.......thank our good friend Mr.Dwight Yorke for that .We all just live in the post Dwight Yorke era ,oui, we did want to do well .Well guess what he did.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:02:08 PM by Quags »

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 11:35:27 PM »
I found this little poscast here Beyond The Pitch - Wrap Up 1013 Special http://t.co/jZgPId8 that is worth a listen...

The situation is not good for all parties involved... Utd have a massive problem to solve here, especially if you can read between the lines afforded to us in the press...

I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 01:31:03 AM »

Dred pleeze! ferguson tried tuh help rooney by sayin he nursin an ankle injury; rooney let his ego take over and contradicted his manager in the press. Rooney has been very unprofessional by creatin drama and now he can't do his damn job. fergusion's responsibiity is to the team not indulge rooney on the present head trip he seems to be on. so if rooney have a problem with that then he should buss it.

Rooney is in no way an innocent in all this, that's a given but considering the debt hanging over the club ManU cannot afford to lose their last marquee player.  Not only is he irreplaceable but the Glazers won't even bother to try.

The only loser in a Rooney transfer is ManU.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 06:18:58 AM »
I say let Rooney go,Rooney is not ManU,even if it means they have to fall a bit they going to rise again,it have other clubs with more problems than them,Liverpool is a big club too look at their situation,Man City had theirs.

Clubs/teams with players like Rooney,Ronaldo,Yorke,Latas for example always have problems with their egos,some how they feel because a have a little name is more like the club wants them more than they want the club,things they can do on the team others can't get away with it,it reaches to the point where they take it too far,management steps in and they are the bad ones.I think if Rooney wants to go or management think it's best for the team let him go. 

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 08:10:27 AM »
Rooney is in no way an innocent in all this, that's a given but considering the debt hanging over the club ManU cannot afford to lose their last marquee player.  Not only is he irreplaceable but the Glazers won't even bother to try.

I tihk that like Small Mag yuh getting a little carried away. On current form Rooney is not a great loss and certainly not worth the money. To say that he is the last marquee player is confusing to me. Does his loss mean that people will stop attending matches? No. Will the team perform less well? Maybe for a while but he is a forward he can be replaced. As dotish as the Glazers are they at least understand the need to stay in the CL. Money will be available to find a replacement.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:47 AM »
My question here again for the Man Utd fans, as it was previously in similar run-ins with Beckham, Yorke, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Keane etc and how those situations were ultimately handled is..

Is Alex Ferguson beyond reproach?

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 08:37:23 AM »
My question here again for the Man Utd fans, as it was previously in similar run-ins with Beckham, Yorke, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Keane etc and how those situations were ultimately handled is..

You assume sole culpability falls on Alex Ferguson. There are always (at least) two sides to every story.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 08:40:59 AM »

You assume sole culpability falls on Alex Ferguson. There are always (at least) two sides to every story.

While that is true there is one consistent figure in the midst of it all.  If 20 people think you're an ass, are the 20 people completely wrong or could it be yuh is ah jackass-human hybrid?

giggsy11

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 08:42:46 AM »

What exactly has Ferguson done regarding this situation that has led to him being questioned? Rooney's behaviors on the other hand speaks for its self. If Ferguson thinks a player's actions are detrimental to the team he gets rid of him; he has earned that right. Rooney appears to think he is above getting knocked back. Ferguson has not been perfect but bottom line he is still responsible for ensuring that the team comes first and is successful. And it is still a business. Rooney is replaceable; United may struggle initially if he leaves, hell we struggling right now and he still part of the team. I would prefer he leaves if he is not going to contribute to the success of the team with his play and improve his attitude.

giggsy11

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 08:45:39 AM »

Rooney is very replaceable especially with the type of effort and shite he playing this year. I have no problem with United selling him and using the funds to bring in another player. My only concern is whether they will be allowed to use the money to buy a quality player.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »

I don't assume anything but I'm saying that anytime there is a story, it seems like one side is always given right.

Remember this is a man who buss a man face with a tugs, sell the best defender in the world for a paragraph in a book, marginalize Tevez and didnt give Yorkie a second chance when he was willing to change his ways. But in their blind worship for this man, no one from the club see it fit to pull up his socks.

But Fergie is god nuh... steups

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 08:58:56 AM »
This is good for United. The exodus of stars and the poor results that follow will weed out the waggonists among you.  ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 09:03:50 AM »
Watch meh...all dem foul and card he get away from....not happening at any other club.

He go be a regular red card recipient like the rest of them.

C. Ronaldo is/was a bigger loss to them than Rooney.

and other big names have come and gone...a striker will be bought and Rooney will be memories.

So it go.

If I was Rooney I woulda Go Man City under bad mind and purge Ferguson.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 09:10:19 AM »
Watch meh...all dem foul and card he get away from....not happening at any other club.

He go be a regular red card recipient like the rest of them.

C. Ronaldo is/was a bigger loss to them than Rooney.

and other big names have come and gone...a striker will be bought and Rooney will be memories.

So it go.

If I was Rooney I woulda Go Man City under bad mind and purge Ferguson.
:rotfl:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »
I think Rooney will have it tough where ever  he goes because of his attitude,he is usually sheltered by ManU and the EPL,he is the english golden boy for too long,more of a can't do no wrong guy.Check guys like Henry,Ronaldo etc after they leave the clubs they once were the marque player for they are not the same for club nor country.  

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »
If allyuh doubting Fergie not bad mind enuff to ensure he doh go anywhere else in England..allyuh have a next thought coming.

Is either dey patch it up....or he suck bench. He cyar play Champions League dis season anyhow cuz he cup tied. If he hadda leave next year on a transfer...a team hadda pay money for him. If he want to wait until he contract up..dahs a year and a half out.

All yuh could do is wait and see.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 09:31:13 AM »
I found this little poscast here Beyond The Pitch - Wrap Up 1013 Special http://t.co/jZgPId8 that is worth a listen...

The situation is not good for all parties involved... Utd have a massive problem to solve here, especially if you can read between the lines afforded to us in the press...

Dat podcast paint ah grim picture for United fans...especially wit the financial situation and the inability tuh buy 'star' players

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 09:37:12 AM »
I does wonder about some people on here yes. How alyuh does make out in RL boi.

Ronaldo was god, then he is the biggest loser and was supposedly committing career suicide should he leave Man Utd. Now talk about Rooney leaving and guess what, is the same Jackass talk men popping up with. Can't believe this...SMDH.

One bad season Rooney have and men talking about he eh worth nothing on current form? Jokers all of you. I eh no Rooney fan, but Man Utd will suffer, maybe not for long, but they will. You all are the biggest bunch of turncoat I ever come across, no loyalty, no allegiance nothing. Damn.

Plus which big midfield player Man Utd have to feed balls into the forward? Yuh feel the goals eh flowing just so. The midfield thin like aluminum foil.  Who fault is that? Buy 2 popcaan players and say everything go be fine and Man United players drink de koolaid.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 10:16:46 AM »

Dat podcast paint ah grim picture for United fans...especially wit the financial situation and the inability tuh buy 'star' players

Yuh get meh... de only ting The Glazers care about is servicing that debt. Breds, and they are losing time NOW... every second of every day the clock is ticking closer to The January Transfer Window ...

Razza holds all the cards in this one...

He could wait it out and ride pine, and walk on a free... and Utd cyah afford dat...

1]; } ?>