April 26, 2024, 08:59:14 AM

Author Topic: Wayne Rooney Thread  (Read 23646 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2010, 07:22:17 AM »
This deal could be conditional on investment. i.e. if United doesn't spend Rooney has options to leave and there probably is a buy-out agreement.

The upside for Rooney is that he getting double his wage until he leaves and can make a summer move without having to worry about being cuptied.

Upside for United is that anybody who wants him has to pay full value. If Ronaldo hadn't re-signed 14 months before he eventually left United would not have gotten 80M for him.

It would be interesting to know if the Glazers consider this the first real shot across their bow or just Rooney being a shrewd negotiator. We wouldn't know until January or next summer.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:24:23 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2010, 07:29:05 AM »
You know last i thinking about this and saying that people bashing Rooney, but Rooney could be looking out for the fans. Seeing the Glazers don't want to invest on top players, maybe Rooney trying to force they hand by threatening to quit.

If Rooney want better players around (despite many Man United fans thinking they have the bes) him, then this will benefit the fans, not so.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2010, 07:56:53 AM »
You know last i thinking about this and saying that people bashing Rooney, but Rooney could be looking out for the fans. Seeing the Glazers don't want to invest on top players, maybe Rooney trying to force they hand by threatening to quit.

If Rooney want better players around (despite many Man United fans thinking they have the bes) him, then this will benefit the fans, not so.

Agree. This bring a lot to light for the fans. Ronaldo and Tevez is one thing but an English player wanting to leave United for more money/trophies is a surprise.

I have a long term view of the Glazer situation and football clubs in general that don't let fret these things too much. Also for all the fans talk about Rooney and the club and the Glazers most of them not willing to take a stand against the Glazers by not funding them.

With Liverpool last week I was thinking that Liverpool now have much better owners than United. That was the result of them being broke. Likewise Chelsea get buy out days before they would have been looking at adminstration. City get buy out for a pittance because they weren't successful either.

Despite the much higher debt and interest rates at United the Glazers were able get money for long term financing (at some obscene interest rates). That is only because United cash flow is sooo much better. The only way the Glazers' will start to feel pressure is if the club stops making money. The only danger there is that them bitches might see a shortfall and just sell the ground or carrington and lease them back to make quick change. But until the fans stop buying these replica shirts, stop going to matches and these dotish preseason tours they supporting the Glazers just as much as anybody.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »
This deal could be conditional on investment. i.e. if United doesn't spend Rooney has options to leave and there probably is a buy-out agreement.

The upside for Rooney is that he getting double his wage until he leaves and can make a summer move without having to worry about being cuptied.

Upside for United is that anybody who wants him has to pay full value. If Ronaldo hadn't re-signed 14 months before he eventually left United would not have gotten 80M for him.

It would be interesting to know if the Glazers consider this the first real shot across their bow or just Rooney being a shrewd negotiator. We wouldn't know until January or next summer.

Is dat exactly. Wha had people REAL worried was dat he could buy out he last year of the contract for 5 Mil.. and leave on a free. Dis only making sure de payout better if anything.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2010, 08:29:46 AM »
Ah not seeing any details on this contract. Did he accept the 150K/wk or did ManU Mgmt cave and up their price? And I'm sure everything is not as fine and hunky-dory as they now trying to make it seem.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:04 AM »
Suppose it really was just a big conspiracy by Sir Alex and Rooney to put pressure on the Glazers, especially in light of the Liverpool fiasco? Cause I find this thing make no sense at all.

Rooney wanting to leave because ManU lacks ambition?Who have more ambition that ManU? Barca and Real possibly..not sure about Inter or anybody else.

Fergie leaving the door open for reconciliation? When has he ever done that?

This was a sly way of highlighting the fans fears over the ownership issues without having an outright player revolt.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »
Ah not seeing any details on this contract. Did he accept the 150K/wk or did ManU Mgmt cave and up their price? And I'm sure everything is not as fine and hunky-dory as they now trying to make it seem.

Up their offer to $180,000

City would be expected in the Yay range 250,000.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2010, 08:55:23 AM »
Is dat exactly. Wha had people REAL worried was dat he could buy out he last year of the contract for 5 Mil.. and leave on a free. Dis only making sure de payout better if anything.

I hear an interesting take on that mandatory buyout rule. Although it is available to all players over 24 no club has used it, or threatened to use it to get a player. The idea is that club's have a gentelman's agreement not to use it because it would unleash absolute chaos.

No club would be safe and players would have unlimited power. They could move anytime they in their last two years and the only way to keep them would be to make their wages so high that the buyout would equal the players' value. So in the case of Rooney if yuh think he worth 30M you would have to pay him 15M a year in his last two years to protect yourself.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2010, 09:06:52 AM »

I hear an interesting take on that mandatory buyout rule. Although it is available to all players over 24 no club has used it, or threatened to use it to get a player. The idea is that club's have a gentelman's agreement not to use it because it would unleash absolute chaos.

No club would be safe and players would have unlimited power. They could move anytime they in their last two years and the only way to keep them would be to make their wages so high that the buyout would equal the players' value. So in the case of Rooney if yuh think he worth 30M you would have to pay him 15M a year in his last two years to protect yourself.

you stop reading the guardian or what??

just dis week they had an article about that, and there are at least two players who have used it.

also i believe it is players under 24
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2010, 09:20:26 AM »
Look how rooney come and break the Haters hearts :devil:  :devil:

anyhow as elan said above, this will benefit the fans cause it may put pressure on the glazers to invest in more players for the club- we have to if we want to compete with chelsea.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2010, 09:58:19 AM »

just dis week they had an article about that, and there are at least two players who have used it.

I ent really stop but I don't have time to read much of it. Funny though that I hear the talk on a Guardian podcast. I think it is for players over 24 though because the talk was flying around Lampard when Mourinho joined Inter.

Send me the link, would like to know who were the players that used it and if it was self-motivated or if a big club was financing the move.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »

I ent really stop but I don't have time to read much of it. Funny though that I hear the talk on a Guardian podcast. I think it is for players over 24 though because the talk was flying around Lampard when Mourinho joined Inter.

Send me the link, would like to know who were the players that used it and if it was self-motivated or if a big club was financing the move.

ah ketching meh arse to find back de article and now i ent too sure is de guardian i read it on..

ah find this here though
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rooney-could-quit-united-for-only-1635m-2110324.html

Also I find this:

Although some players have used the Webster ruling to improve their bargaining power when negotiating new contracts, the members of the European Club Association (which includes Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Chelsea F.C., Manchester City F.C., FC Bayern Munich and most of Europe's top football clubs) have informally agreed to not exploit the ruling[36]. The ECA has in fact vocally criticised the ruling on several occasions, most notably after CAS decided Real Zaragoza had to compensate FC Shakhtar Donetsk for Brazillian midfielder Matuzalém's controversial transfer in May 2009
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
I thought no player is bigger than the club?  Sounds like Rooney dictatin the pace to me.
"Pay me more and buy some players or I gone."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »
I thought no player is bigger than the club?  Sounds like Rooney dictatin the pace to me.

ent

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
Rooney Hustle Man Utd

Fuh dat he WILL be sold sooner rather than later. That is a bad precedent to allow that.

They dun looking fuh ah replacement. If he stays another player could come along and pull that same thing.

Better players than him been told to ride out.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
ah ketching meh arse to find back de article and now i ent too sure is de guardian i read it on..

ah find this here though
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rooney-could-quit-united-for-only-1635m-2110324.html

Also I find this:

Although some players have used the Webster ruling to improve their bargaining power when negotiating new contracts, the members of the European Club Association (which includes Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Chelsea F.C., Manchester City F.C., FC Bayern Munich and most of Europe's top football clubs) have informally agreed to not exploit the ruling[36]. The ECA has in fact vocally criticised the ruling on several occasions, most notably after CAS decided Real Zaragoza had to compensate FC Shakhtar Donetsk for Brazillian midfielder Matuzalém's controversial transfer in May 2009

yeah I guess what I heard was areference to the big clubs. It seems like is only small clubs use it so far. the rule really kinda off in truth because it could easily fall under tapping up. For a player to pay back 2 years wages he has to know i.e. have an agreemnet with a next club to get that money back in addition to wages and a bonus when he becomes free. Clubs could do this without approaching the original club so it is a clear case of a player agreeing a contract behind his club's back.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »

ent

same with Terry a couple years ago when he said he was going City or even Fabregas this season with Barca

Some players you make exceptions for... Rooney belongs at United.. it would never be the same for him or us had he left

giggsy11

« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »
Dey all full of shite! His fat arse better be top scorer and Ferguson better spend the money we supposedly have and buy some players! In the long run I want to see who this benefit.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »
Sign and Trade. I am a Man Utd. fan but most likely Rooney won't be a Red Devil within the next two years.

They had to sign him to a longer term contract to get the value in a trade for him. Ronaldo was more marketable than Wayne and I am sure he generated much more off field revenue, but he was dealt in the same speed.

Business is business, but with that said if Rooney actually left without the Glazers seemingly trying to appease him, they would have been under some serious pressure from the Red Knights buy out group.

The management of Man Utd. probably told him what he wanted to hear for now, to get him to sign, but when this settles and the right bid comes in for Rooney he will be sold.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:07:38 PM by marcus »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2010, 06:46:48 PM »
Now on CNN Rooney just signed a deal to stay at ManU until 2015,big news.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »

Suppose it really was just a big conspiracy by Sir Alex and Rooney to put pressure on the Glazers, especially in light of the Liverpool fiasco? Cause I find this thing make no sense at all.

This was a sly way of highlighting the fans fears over the ownership issues without having an outright player revolt.

:rotfl: Thanks for the laugh!  :rotfl:

This was an agent demonstrating his power. Nothing more. He wanted £X k/week. He didn't get it. He leaked to the media that Rooney wanted to leave. ManUtd realised that they only have one world class player. They agreed to pay £X k/week. That's it.

The Glazers don't give a rat's ass about any of this. And Marcus is right. Rooney will be sold by 2012 for a massive transfer fee, and little or none will be reinvested in the playing squad.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2010, 07:10:15 PM »
LOL haters turn this into a 5 page thread yes, Rel Drama Queens  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
Rooney signs 5 yr deal according according to the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9118602.stm

Wayne Rooney has made a shock U-turn and agreed a new five-year contract at Manchester United just two days after announcing his intention to leave.

On Wednesday, the 24-year-old striker said concerns over the strength of the club's squad were behind his original decision not to sign a new deal.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I'm delighted Wayne's agreed to stay."

Rooney stated: "I said on Wednesday the manager's a genius and it's his belief and support that convinced me to stay."

The England international, who will be out for three weeks after injuring his ankle during training on Tuesday, added: "I'm delighted to sign another deal at United. I've spoken to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this is where I belong.

Click to play
Click to play

Rooney 'apologises to United colleagues'
"I am signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history - which is the reason I joined the club in the first place.

"I am sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they have read and seen.

"But my position was from concern over the future.

"The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."

The agreement ends a period of intensive discussions at Old Trafford after Rooney issued a statement in which he revealed that United chief David Gill had not given him the assurance he was seeking about the future squad.

"It's been a difficult week but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United," Ferguson told the club's website.

"Sometimes, when you're in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand.

"I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.

PHIL McNULTY'S BLOG
Rooney must produce his biggest performances on the field to make good the damage this turbulent week in the history of Manchester United has caused off it

"I'm pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United's great players.

"It shows character and belief in what we stand for.

"I'm sure everyone involved with the club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of."

Rooney's team-mate Rio Ferdinand said on social networking website Twitter: "It was never in doubt in my mind tweeps, Wazza is Man Utd through and through there's no way I could have seen him playing for another club, defo not a Prem club anyway."

Former United midfielder Lou Macari admitted that he was surprised by the news.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "I didn't see this coming.

It was never in doubt in my mind tweeps, Wazza is Man Utd through and through

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand on Twitter
"It's going to be difficult for Wayne to get everyone back on board. I don't think it will be as easy as just scoring goals. It's going to take a lot of other things and over a period of time he'll learn to get back on with his football."

United supporter Liam Bradford, who is the assistant editor of the Red News fanzine also told Radio 5 live: "I'm completely flabbergasted.

"It's been one of those weeks. It's been completely mad.

"I don't know whether this has been planned all along and this was just some elaborate mind game that Sir Alex Ferguson was playing with Wayne Rooney on board or whether it has just been completely surreal for the last seven days.

"At the end of the day, he is a world-class footballer and I really wouldn't want to see him anywhere else. I think I'm more relieved that anything he is not going across the city to the team that plays in blue."

Rooney will not return to action for three weeks as he recovers from an ankle injury that sae him carried out of training on Tuesday.

He moved to Old Trafford from Everton in 2004 for £25.6m and has helped the club win three successive Premier League titles from 2007-09. His previous contract was due to expire in the summer of 2012.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:49:40 PM by Deeks »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »
It was all about the money  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2010, 08:52:28 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2010, 10:29:26 PM »

ent

same with Terry a couple years ago when he said he was going City or even Fabregas this season with Barca

Some players you make exceptions for... Rooney belongs at United.. it would never be the same for him or us had he left
Now yuh have tuh put back up yuh wazza pictures. :devil: :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »

ent

Now yuh have tuh put back up yuh wazza pictures. :devil: :devil:

Na.. that was for last season... I go come with something good soon..I sticking with my current one for a bit

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2010, 06:32:31 AM »
this saga resembles the Gerrard saga when he was considering signing for Chelsea

fans of the player react with shock and anger

fans make death threats to the player

player has a change of heart and signs a new contract

the following season all is forgotten and the fans continue to worship the player for being a 'true red to the day he dies'
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

giggsy11

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2010, 09:30:13 AM »
I hope United sells him and signing him is part of that plan! Wazza my arse;fat arse cartoon figure!

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2010, 02:58:02 PM »
So Rooney is going to eaning about £250,000 per week on his new contract! WTF, no footballer is worth that least of all Rooney. BTW I thought the world was in financial meltdown? Anyway, with Rooney's penchant for women on the game,  I guess Christmas has come early for some brothels. ;)

1]; } ?>