April 25, 2024, 04:28:28 PM

Author Topic: Under 20 Men's team face Cameroon in Puerto Ordaz.  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under 20 Men's team face Cameroon in Puerto Ordaz.
« on: October 19, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
Under 20 Men's team face Cameroon in Puerto Ordaz.
TTFF Media

Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Under 20 team will face Panama Under 20s in the opening game of the invitational tournament hosted by the Venezuela Football Federation at the Cachamay Stadium in Puerto Ordaz from 4pm on Wednesday.

The 21-member team under head coach Zoran Vranes arrived safely there on Sunday evening and had one session on the training pitch of the Cachamay Stadium on Monday.

All players remain injury free and defender Akeem Adams did train with the squad after flying on from his trial with MLS Club Seattle Sounders.

“We had a good session at the Stadium training pitch and now the players are beginning to understand a little more their roles in the different positions.

We had one game in Guyana but this is their first main outing away from home because the teams are of a higher level and for many of the players except for those from the last World Cup… it’s the first opportunity to play against teams like these,”  Vranes told TTFF Media.

San Juan Jabloteh forward Vernell Ramirez described Monday’s training session as one which the players lifted their level in anticipation of  Wednesday’s encounter.

“The team was very sharp in training  for the first time in a while. For the past few games our finishing has been poor but there was a big improvement in the session today and hopefully we can take it into the matches coming up,” Ramirez said.

“We want to start with a win and goals win matches and we also need to be tidy in defense too.”

T&T’s game against Panama will be the first of a triple header at the 41,600-seater venue which was refurbished for the 2007 Copa America. Cameroon faces Ecuador and Venezuela meets Nicaragua in the other matches.

T&T will come up against Cameroon on October 22, Ecuador (October 24), Venezuela (October 26) Nicaragua on October 28. The team will then return home to play their opening Caribbean Football Union 2011 Under 20 World Cup qualifier against St Vincent/Grenadines in early November.

All participating teams in the invitation tournament are all preparing for the qualifiers for the 2011 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Colombia.

Full Fixtures:

20-Oct-2010 4:00 PM, T&T vs Panama, Estadio Cachamay
22-Oct-2010 6:00 PM, T&T vs Cameroon, Estadio Cachamay
24-Oct-2010 6:00 PM, T&T vs Ecuador, Estadio Ricardo Tulio Maya
26-Oct-2010 8:00 PM, T&T vs Venezuela, Estadio Cachamay
28-Oct-2010 4:00 PM, T&T vs Nicaragua, Estadio Cachamay
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:24:58 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Under 20 Men's team face Cameroon in Puerto Ordaz
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 03:51:08 PM »
 :applause: I love this.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »
defence decent, forwards decent

we need 2-3 strong midfielders to emerge

i think we already have one coming up

nice prep by the coach and federation
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under 20 Men's team face Cameroon in Puerto Ordaz.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »
Lets go Young Warriors !!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:16:22 PM »

who is the one coming up?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »
:applause: I love this.

Agreed. Definitely a step in the right direction. This is the way forward for our football.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 10:58:32 PM »

who is the one coming up?
I would like to know as well :)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »
5 games in 8 days?
Tough schedule.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 09:41:17 AM »
5 games in 8 days?
Tough schedule.

Dey young
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
Joshua Bachan has potential to be a decent midfielder When the squad was U-17 they were exploited down the middle with impunity at the WCQ by Mexico and Guatemala. Their offensive response was boom kick from the backline strainght towards Wnchester/Britto in front.

The midfield was all but eliminated them from the games. From the little I see of this fella he has some vision, can pass, is deceptive, tackles and is difficult to muscle off the ball.

Mind you is local opposition he playing against and I'm not saying he is some kind of superstar.  But if his game grows and we could find 1-2 more players of that level it could mean the difference between going home beaten again OR squeezing into the world cup 

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »
Any scores from the game with panama

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marearoja.com%2Fnoticiasdetail.asp%3Fid%3D2001&act=url

The U-20 of PANAMA debuted today with a 2-1 victory against Trinidad and Tobago in the international hexagonal, Government of Bolivar Cup, played in Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela and serve as preparation for the qualifier to be held triangular 23 to 27 November in Panama.
The Panamanian team's goals were scored by Gabriel Avila at minute 20 and Luis Ortiz to 85 in the match played at the stadium Cachamay.

The next match of the U-20 Panama will be the Friday, October 22 against Nicaragua, from 4:00 pm local time (3:30 in Panama) stage Cachamay.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
stueps, i getting rel pissed off these days with losing all d time, think i need a break yes. not a f**king football team , club included , playing good. This is too much f**kery for me yes. 
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
stueps, i getting rel pissed off these days with losing all d time, think i need a break yes. not a f**king football team , club included , playing good. This is too much f**kery for me yes. 

The ladies doing alright  ;D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »
play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »

lol i have realised that seems to be the only avenue for my support now. sigh oh well.   
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »

lol i have realised that seems to be the only avenue for my support now. sigh oh well.   

Well they have to learn somehow. Sad to say but for half of them this is the best opposion they ever faced.

More licks to come from Venezuela and Cameroon. A good dose of reality never hurt anybody  ;D

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 06:57:32 AM »
Well we could not beat Guyana do not expect miracles from this team. The usual story a work in progress. Why do we keep recycling Coaches. Vranes can take you so far. I sincerely believe that Latapy should have been given the youth squad as a learning process.

1]; } ?>