April 28, 2024, 04:44:38 AM

Author Topic: Birchall, Glen out Digicel Cup qualifiers  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall, Glen out Digicel Cup qualifiers
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:38:37 PM »
Birchall, Glen out Digicel Cup qualifiers
T&T Guardian

T&T’s chances of qualifying for the Digicel Caribbean Cup finals in Martinique from November 26 to December 5, took a severe blow with the news that four of its overseas players are set to miss the second round qualifiers at home.

With regard to the selection of the team for the tournament Soca Warriors manager, David Muhammad said LA Galaxy midfielder Christopher Birchall, San Jose Earthquakes and striker Cornell Glen are out for certain.

Puerto Rico Islanders’ duo of Kendall Jagdeosingh and Keon Daniel stand a slim chance of being involved in the second round Digicel Caribbean Cup second round Group F qualifiers from November 2 to 6 here in T&T due to club commitments.

The Soca Warriors will host Haiti, Guyana and St Vincent and The Grenadines in the second round qualifiers from which the top two teams will qualify for the eight-team finals in Martinique. The T&T manager explained the deadline for registering the 20-man squad is October 31.

However, the US Major League Soccer (MLS) playoffs first-leg quarterfinal matches are carded for October 28 to 31 while the second-leg matches are scheduled November 4 to 7.

“It’s very unfortunate that both the LA Galaxy and Earthquakes did so well in their league and will be involved in the playoff quarterfinal matches.

“We also got word from Puerto Rico Islanders they could only release Jagdeosingh and Daniel from October 31 as well as they are expected to be involved in USL First Division playoffs and Concacaf Champions League quarterfinal play.

“This means four of our players coming into the team would be coming into the camp two days before our first match which I don’t think is an ideal situation for us.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:28:18 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall, Glen out Digicel Cup qualifiers
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 07:49:39 PM »
and so it begins. Creeping death
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:16:29 PM »
and so it begins. Creeping death

Dey eh creeping is bull in a china shop kinda speed
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:16:51 PM »
What about marshall and james? we don't need glen and birchall as mush as we need these two defenders.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
What about marshall and james? we don't need glen and birchall as mush as we need these two defenders.

So business as usual is wha yuh saying ala survival mode!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »

So business as usual is wha yuh saying ala survival mode!!!
Weh yuh go do boy?? sometimes that's how it go, just look @ liverpool and man-U.    need i say more?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:32:20 PM »

yuh blood pressure, jc, your blood pressure!!!!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
I'm so glad reality starting to take place and people realizing why players are not being called or selected because of reasons unknown to them,we don't know what's going on behind the scenes and we just speculate and create a set of rumours as though they are facts.

If you make contacts or calls players and responses are that they are not sure they will be available for training or games,it's the common sense thing to work with or go with what you have or just don't play.From what i'm seeing a lot of these players we calling are new to the team,we trying them to see if they are up to international standards,yes they are different from the locals because they play abroad but is the same problems and complaints we get about all of them,a lot of us like players for different reasons,is either we know them personally or we see them play,always remember regardless of how you might feel about a player the bottom line is always the Coach.

I can tell you about Trinis,this might be hash but like they does take a delight in our teams loosing,beat on Coach,administration,players etc etc if you notice when we win which is rear this forum dies,we have nothing to say.I appreciate the reports of the few who are very constructive in critiquing our Football wheather we win, loose or tie.     

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 09:37:03 PM »
wow look wey we reach we so worried we cannot beat Guyana Haiti and st Vincent with  local  players at home !!!!! ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 09:43:03 PM »
wow look wey we reach we so worried we cannot beat Guyana Haiti and st Vincent with  local  players at home !!!!! ::)

Yeah cue Iwer
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »

I can tell you about Trinis,this might be hash but like they does take a delight in our teams loosing,beat on Coach,administration,players etc etc if you notice when we win which is rear this forum dies,we have nothing to say.I appreciate the reports of the few who are very constructive in critiquing our Football wheather we win, loose or tie.     

Coops, that is so untrue it ain't funny.  But wait you talking bout Reggae Fan and them!!!  Oh Oh ...Then you spot on.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 11:39:35 PM »
I doh see nutting wrong with d men coming eeeen 2 days before d match.  These guys are professionals, and can very much adapt to various playing styles.  We did this for years with Edwards, Yorke and latapy and we were fine.  I not promoting it but we goh still have a better team with d late joiners... I would ah bring dem still given we current state.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 04:24:52 AM »
I doh see nutting wrong with d men coming eeeen 2 days before d match.  These guys are professionals, and can very much adapt to various playing styles.  We did this for years with Edwards, Yorke and latapy and we were fine.  I not promoting it but we goh still have a better team with d late joiners... I would ah bring dem still given we current state.
        You might be right these guys can fly in two days before a game and play they are professionals but they are humans also,most times they are not the problem you know it's the clubs they are playing for,every time these guys go on international duty they risk injury and the clubs don't like that,they will only let them go if it's absolutely necessary,at this time in the season teams have lots of injuries,fighting for points,fighting relegation etc etc you feel they letting players go easy so,they will make all kinds of excuses,they don't care about T&T,they care about their respective clubs because their jobs/contracts are on the line,T&T players especially have to watch their backs we eh lucky with that,they easy to bench them fellas. 

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 05:22:13 AM »

This is the most hurtful part!!  :(
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
Isn't Marshall on the same side with Birchall? How come Muhammed did not say that Marshall is unavailable. Isn't the excuse that LA Galaxy is in the playoffs? Please!!!!! Latas has no intention of including Birchall on the side. Period.  >:( But don't worry he'll pay for it sooner than he thinks!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 06:48:11 AM »
I don't think T&T have to worry about not advancing from this group. For one simple reason; everything has a pattern. This includes planning.
And in the case of the Digicel Championship plans it is consistent with scheduling.
Now one thing that I have always noticed is that the last two teams that play the last match of the day or schedule always seem to advance to the next round of events or qualify for a particular major event outright.
Somehow I have never seen this pattern jinx yet (unless someone can show me a FRINGE   event that has. ;D)
So unless T&T jinx their chances. The two teams that the schedule has planned to play the last match of the final day and likely to advance are Haiti and T&T.

BUT, keep this in mind. If T&T finish second in this group. The Soca Warriors know who they will have to face in the next round. 8)    
jjbrown

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 07:23:24 AM »
Isn't Marshall on the same side with Birchall? How come Muhammed did not say that Marshall is unavailable. Isn't the excuse that LA Galaxy is in the playoffs? Please!!!!! Latas has no intention of including Birchall on the side. Period.  >:( But don't worry he'll pay for it sooner than he thinks!
I expected this kind responce sooner or later.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 07:37:44 AM »
How yuh could be out if yuh was never in?

Dais a nancy story dey...Birchall wasnt making this side.

Also it is not a 1 off game...is 3 games over a 10 days period.

So what if a man fly een 2 days before the 1st game it simply means he has 4-5 days to prep for the 2nd.

I not on local vs foreign crap...we playing in a tournament, plenty at stake, let us have the best squad available.

The time for trying players done....they collect they lix, we play shit, we know we ent able, get men with experience or who handling dey scene.

Ent men professional...ent men does fly out play Concacaf Cl game and then play club game in the same week.

Steupsss....106 ent low enough?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »
I guess Latapy was using his brian from the begining.

It would have been worst to play the prep games with the foreign based only for them to be unavailable for the big dance.

Go with who you have!

That is the best strategy.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 09:19:58 AM »

Not to take anything away from d man, but Marshall is a fringe player for the Galaxy. He got a shot at sweating because men was out due to suspension and injury.

Offline rocoply

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 10:34:20 AM »
jus a bad time to hold de tournament.....caribbean cup should work to fit into all the leagues schedules.....i mean if it was in trinidad and i kno that no top players gonna be in the cup...why would i go watch. The cup suppose to be a business....to attract a crowd it should have the best players there....if african nations cup drawing they players back at a stretch when the player teams can adjust cause they kno most of their players in europe....why the caribbean cup will run during mls play offs and usl qualifiers if most of the caribbean players in mls and usl......im sure the top teams(trinidad, jamaica, haiti) will feel the pain....right now, we can't touch kenwyn(to important to stoke), scotland(lighting up for town), carlos(tryna get back on roy goodside)...if u glance at a trinis in action thread....every professional on there is too old or needs to be at there club to keep there job. What about Jake Thomson...he eh gettin no set of sweat...might do him good ...might have been a good idea to look at the college crop way before this tournament had started...but then again....we don't consider the college guys pro until they leave school

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:13 AM »
jus a bad time to hold de tournament.....caribbean cup should work to fit into all the leagues schedules.....i mean if it was in trinidad and i kno that no top players gonna be in the cup...why would i go watch. The cup suppose to be a business....to attract a crowd it should have the best players there....if african nations cup drawing they players back at a stretch when the player teams can adjust cause they kno most of their players in europe....why the caribbean cup will run during mls play offs and usl qualifiers if most of the caribbean players in mls and usl......im sure the top teams(trinidad, jamaica, haiti) will feel the pain....right now, we can't touch kenwyn(to important to stoke), scotland(lighting up for town), carlos(tryna get back on roy goodside)...if u glance at a trinis in action thread....every professional on there is too old or needs to be at there club to keep there job. What about Jake Thomson...he eh gettin no set of sweat...might do him good ...might have been a good idea to look at the college crop way before this tournament had started...but then again....we don't consider the college guys pro until they leave school
Do some research and take Jamaica out of that list. Jamaica's Reggae Boyz don't have a player crisis. In fact, minus the EPL, MLS and USL Jamaica can easily call up more than 11 players from Norway, Sweden and our local Reggae Boyz alone to win the Digicel Championship qualify for the Gold Cup.       
jjbrown

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »

“It’s very unfortunate that both the LA Galaxy and Earthquakes did so well in their league and will be involved in the playoff quarterfinal matches.

WHAT? How can someone get away with such a dunce comment like that???!!
Hart for president

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »
"Do some research and take Jamaica out of that list. Jamaica's Reggae Boyz don't have a player crisis."

Good. So, nobody is going to use the B-team excuse this time, right?
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »

Aye, who you think running football in TT?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »
"Do some research and take Jamaica out of that list. Jamaica's Reggae Boyz don't have a player crisis."

Good. So, nobody is going to use the B-team excuse this time, right?
Nope! But it is very likely that the Reggae Boyz whose teams did not make the MLS playoffs will probably be called up for the Jamaican team. Since some of Jamaica's top players won't be part of the Reggae Boyz Digicel Championship squad you obviously know that this won't be the real Reggae Boyz "A" team. But the team that Coach Whitmore selects will still be good enough to qualify for the 2011 Gold Cup and win the Digicel Championship. ;D 
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 12:14:25 PM »
Jam, it's the same for all the other teams. Their first choice players are mostly unavailable.

...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
Jam, it's the same for all the other teams. Their first choice players are mostly unavailable.

True. But how many first choice players will the other teams have unavailable compared to Jamaica. ;)
jjbrown

AirMan

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »
I beleive we can still qualify for the Gold Cup without most of our foreign based..(once we play well)

the real question is can we win the tournament with a mostly local baed team ?...and based on recet results more people will say No...

Which now bring us to the question of when was the last caribbean football competition T&T felt they could not win the title
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:05:27 PM by AirMan »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 02:03:02 PM »
when wim was in charge
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>