April 28, 2024, 11:44:19 PM

Author Topic: Just when I thought Trinidad could not come up with something wuss...this....  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toddler beaten to death by relative Published: 22 Oct 2010

Source: http://guardian.co.tt/news/crime/2010/10/22/toddler-beaten-death-relative

A two-year-old child
was battered to death by a relative in what police said was a domestic squabble at the family’s home in Aranguez. Etean Smith was found dead yesterday, after the relative and the child’s mother Davikarani Roopwa had a heated argument on Wednesday night. Roopwa, who was also badly beaten, was up to late yesterday hospitalised, as Homicide Bureau officers questioned a 20-year-old suspect. The incident happened at Freddy Street, Aranguez. Police said that during the row on Wednesday night, Roopwa, while being beaten, ran for her life and sought refuge at a neighbour’s house. Believing baby Etean would not be hurt, Roopwa left him at the house with the relative, according to the police.

Investigators said Roopwa returned home around 9 am yesterday, and noticed her son motionless. She called the EHS who, along with the police, responded. Up to last night, Roopwa was at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, receiving medical attention. The child’s father burst into tears as he arrived at the Aranguez house yesterday, where relatives were preparing to keep a wake. In a brief interview, he said: “He killed my child and I would like to see justice...The law will take its toll. “I asked to keep him (Etean) many times,” the tearful father said. Smith said he was with some friends when his brother called him and said something was wrong with the child. “I went to the house and saw the ambulance there...I saw my baby’s body black and blue,” he said.

“They (EHS personnel) told me that I should not touch him because he was dead. I could not take that...I dropped down one time and cry.”
Smith said he tried to visit his son several times, but was turned away. He said Etean loved to play and watch television. Roopwa’s former landlord said the suspect had physically assaulted Roopwa several times. “I had to ask them to leave my place...He would beat her one week, and then the next,” the landlord said. “I went to talk to him (the relative) about it and he jumped to beat me and said I was minding his business. “Sometimes late at night you would hear the baby just cry out.” Detectives said the baby’s body bore several marks of violence. An autopsy would be done today at the Forensic Science Centre, Federation Park.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toddler beaten to death by relative Published: 22 Oct 2010

Source: http://guardian.co.tt/news/crime/2010/10/22/toddler-beaten-death-relative

Believing baby Etean would not be hurt, Roopwa left him at the house with the relative, according to the police.

LAWD!!

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
I watched this on news last night in shock and horror. I couldn't bear to think about something like this happening to my lil niece and nephew.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The thing I dislike the most about the press in TnT is the way they like to dance around facts.  Why aren't they publishing the name of this suspect? What they waiting for... for him to be charged?

Anyways, this thing real tragic... God alone knows why he does let these kinda things happen to these li'l babies.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
But why the pointed reference to Trinidad in the title of this thread..

I just come off a grand jury trying a case identical to this right here in NY.

People losing dey head the world over.

truetrini

The thing I dislike the most about the press in TnT is the way they like to dance around facts.  Why aren't they publishing the name of this suspect? What they waiting for... for him to be charged?

Anyways, this thing real tragic... God alone knows why he does let these kinda things happen to these li'l babies.
I think it is English law, suspect has to be charged first or something like that.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

I like that about the TnT press. Especially in a small country like Trinidad, yuh don't convict a man in the press before yuh convict a man in the court.

Yuh know what it is for yuh name to get wrongfully tarnish in Trinidad?  It real hard to come back from that.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

I like that about the TnT press. Especially in a small country like Trinidad, yuh don't convict a man in the press before yuh convict a man in the court.

Yuh know what it is for yuh name to get wrongfully tarnish in Trinidad?  It real hard to come back from that.

I think that is only sensible. Imagine being wrongfully accused of rape or murder. You could be cleared of any blame and your name would still be sullied.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:57:41 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I've seen this on the news a few times in the US.  Some men can't deal with a simple this as a crying baby.
That mother though, I thought instincts would tell her to take her child.
And the killer well he deserve the very worst this world can offer.
Sick bastards among us.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
I ent sure why a mother would leave their child in that scenario.

We were not there, we would never know.....but Woman and children have a bond, they doh do ting like that.

Why would she leave the child.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
9.00 O clock the next morning?..nah man...Rest in peace little man.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile

I think that is only sensible. Imagine being wrongfully accused of rape or murder. You could be cleared of any blame and your name would still be sullied.

that happen to a bredren here in canada - not as serious but still damaging especially in his line of work (education). part of it might have been race - ah feel de press would have tread lighter if it was a white man.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
2 days ago in new jersey ah fadda shoot his 2 kids,ages 3 and 5 behind they head then shoot heself.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

same thing i say. like this dont happen in everyother country on earth.  Trinis need to stop bad talking  and help their country period

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think it is English law, suspect has to be charged first or something like that.

That is nonsense.

Is that why they haven't published Calder Hart name yet?

What about the taxi driver fella who get hold two yrs ago fuh de li'l missing schoolgirl?  Police do ah whole perp walk thru half ah POS 10 o'clock in the morning and crowd was taunting and threatening him.  Mind you, de man was ON THE WAY to court, he ent even tried yet, let alone convicted.  Newspaper photographer was busy taking pictures and he try to hold down he head, police man force he chin upwards so they could get a good picture.

What is that about "doh convict in de press" yuh was saying again?

Please.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:56:25 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

who gives a flying f**k if it happens elsewhere. This is sick to the highest degree and it DID happen in Trinidad.

1]; } ?>