hear he get shot. who have more info?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Blazer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
96.1 WEFM R.I.P Blazer Dan aka Troydon Cruickshank, he was shot at his home this morning between the hours of 9-9:30am..his music will forever live on..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
Just heard it on the radio, so I came here for confirmation! Sad...RIP brother!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »
Shot why?  Was it a robbery?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
dais not de fellah always in badman ting?...or at least, use to be?

or is it somebody else ah thinkin bout
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 12:14:15 PM »
dais not de fellah always in badman ting?...or at least, use to be?

or is it somebody else ah thinkin bout

take a read:
http://pedrotercero.wordpress.com/2010/10/22/another-wasted-talent/

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Blazer Dan shot
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
Can anyone confrim this? I reading on people's status that he got shot in his face and died.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Blazer Dan shot
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Can anyone confrim this? I reading on people's status that he got shot in his face and died.

yeh he was gunned down at his home in enterprise this morning, there's a thread about it in the entertainment section. he and his cousin were shot by masked gunmen who stormed his home. His cousin in hospital according to news reports

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
Just heard it on the radio, so I came here for confirmation! Sad...RIP brother!

Big Up!

Wait, he dead??  Damn.  Sad with any loss of life, but made worse when there is so much wasted talent to boot.  As cautionary a tale as ever there was.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FuS81IqMcRs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FuS81IqMcRs</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »
Wrong Timing was one of his first hits....RIP

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
This is real sad, this fellah was extremely talented.

RIP

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
RIP Blazer....is now self he music going and blow up

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 06:07:55 PM »
jus hear 'tantie eulyn' play dis morning. hard luck blazer dan. it jus seem trouble use to follow dis man all d time  :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 10:09:04 PM »
Soca singer Blazer shot dead by three
By Carolyn Kissoon South Bureau

Story Created: Oct 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM ECT

(Story Updated: Oct 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM ECT )

Soca artiste Troydon "Blazer" Cruickshank, whose chequered life included charges of murder and drug and ammunition possession, was shot dead by three men who ran into his yard yesterday.

Cruickshank, who was standing with relatives outside, was shot several times in the chest. He died at the scene.

The shooting occurred at Mayers Lane, off Crissy Terrace, Enterprise, Chaguanas, around 10.15 a.m. The area is considered a crime hot-spot.

Cruickshank's manager, Sheyna Weston, said, "He was liming with relatives outside his home when three men ran into the yard and opened fire. The men were targeting Blazer, as no one else died. His cousin had a minor injury. The men then ran away. Blazer made some bad choices in his life, but he was a good man. He always put his family and friends before himself."

Cruickshank's break-out song "Wrong Timing" in 2001 brought him national attention, and he had another hit in 2007 with the song "All Night Long". He was a finalist in last year's Power Soca Monarch competition.

Cruickshank, 31, lived with his wife, Makeda Sergeant, and their three children.

Weston said, "I think Blazer was misunderstood over the years. You cannot deny the fact that he had negative things around him, but he was a friendly person."

Police have classified the murder as gang-related.

Last year, Cruickshank was arrested by officers of the Central Division Task Force in connection with a report that his vehicle was seen being driven away from the scene of a crime. Cruickshank was, however, released from custody after he spent 48 hours at the Chaguanas Police Station. He was cleared by officers of any wrongdoing in relation to the crime.

In 2006, Cruickshank was freed of a charge of murdering his brother after the police failed to find its star witness and the State attorney did not appear. He was charged with the July 2005 murder of his 24-year-old brother Dillon, who was shot in the head at the family's home.

In 2008, he appeared in the Chaguanas Magistrate Court charged with possession of marijuana and ammunition and was out on $45,000 bail.

Weston said Cruickshank was working on his tune for the upcoming Carnival season.

"He was working on a song called "Keep them Talking" and he was supposed to start recording soon. Last year his hit was "Jumpy" and he did really well," she said.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 10:41:52 PM »
feal bad fi di man I really like his music but yu live by di gun yu die by di gun a suh things . sad RIP star

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 03:00:18 AM »
I hope they find the killers & put them away for good or better yet hang all three ah them!  :(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 07:35:40 PM »
Ah killa get kill. Blazer Dan shoot he own bredda, escape de noose or bread and ration in Golden Grove and now he turn round and dead bad like de ole people used to say. Wha really going on in dis country boy? Ah hope dem three men get ketch and get hang too. All bad man have to dead before we have peace in we country again. I feel we need a national draft. Yuh eh in school, den Cadets and Army fuh yuh arse. Send dem fellas on humanitarian causes like in Haiti den dey go know wha life is really bout and how lucky dem is. Lord put a hand on we country.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:41:05 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
Ah killa get kill. Blazer Dan shoot he own bredda, escape de noose or bread and ration in Golden Grove and now he turn round and dead bad like de ole people used to say. Wha really going on in dis country boy? Ah hope dem three men get ketch and get hang too. All bad man have to dead before we have peace in we country again. I feel we need a national draft. Yuh eh in school, den Cadets and Army fuh yuh arse. Send dem fellas on humanitarian causes like in Haiti den dey go know wha life is really bout and how lucky dem is. Lord put a hand on we country.

Regards Blazer shooting his brother if it really was him that shot his brother was it not accidental rather than deliberate? And what was the result of the court case? As far as heard, I think the case got thrown out thru lack of evidence or something like that!
Can anyone confirm?

Regardless Blazer didn't deserve to die like that and had or was doing his best to turn his life around!
He brought us some sweet music that we can all identify with and made millions of soca lovers very happy!
Finally may their souls rest in peace both Blazer & his brother!

Lets hope the killers who took the life of this highly talented soca artist are found asap and put away for life!!

Better still if they are caught & found to be guilty without a doubt, then lets save the tax payers money from keeping these animals in jail for life and just hang them!!
A timely message will be sent out to other potentail killers if the culprits are caught & hanged!
The next potentail killers will think twice!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:43:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »
Blazer & Machel

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmfESqqFHrM&amp;feature=sub" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kmfESqqFHrM&amp;feature=sub</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »
Regards Blazer shooting his brother if it really was him that shot his brother was it not accidental rather than deliberate? And what was the result of the court case? As far as heard, I think the case got thrown out thru lack of evidence or something like that!
Can anyone confirm?

From what I recall he got into an argument with his father, which then turned physical.  He tried to shoot his father and his brother ketch de bullet instead.  Accidental, but hardly exonerating.  The case fell apart after his father and sister refused to testify for the state.  The irony of course is that had they testified he likely would have been convicted, incarcerated... and alive  :-[

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 06:24:47 PM »

Can anyone confirm?

Regardless Blazer didn't deserve to die like that and had or was doing his best to turn his life around!
He brought us some sweet music that we can all identify with and made millions of soca lovers very happy!
Finally may their souls rest in peace both Blazer & his brother!

Lets hope the killers who took the life of this highly talented soca artist are found asap and put away for life!!

Better still if they are caught & found to be guilty without a doubt, then lets save the tax payers money from keeping these animals in jail for life and just hang them!!
A timely message will be sent out to other potentail killers if the culprits are caught & hanged!
The next potentail killers will think twice!

how things runnin in dis country now, three men just doh run up to you and shoot u dry so. they went specifically to kill him. murders like that tend to be a retaliation of some sort. yuh cah live a gangsta life and expect to live long. blazer was talented yes, but he wasnt a saint.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

1]; } ?>