April 24, 2024, 09:31:36 PM

Author Topic: Jack Warner threatens Colm Imbert after parliament sitting yesterday  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

oThis man feels he own TnT since he wuking FIFA.  Tried to bully Imbert in front of Other ministers, who were shocked and surprise to see such behaviour in parliament. Loud insults were heard by warner to imbert in a public forum and said he will deal with him publicly and privately.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner threatens Colm Imbert after parliament sitting yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
Nah man ah want video and audio before ah believe that.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 06:40:14 PM »
BAD MAN!  :devil: 

but this could just be Babalawo own caption
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »

So Babalawo where is your source ?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
Maybe this related:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/Imbert__Warner_with_a_lot_in_common-105614538.html

As it happened, Mr Imbert had gone over to speak to Dr Rowley before the session began. But that is a rare event. The lone photographer in the press gallery was excited about getting this scoop: "When last you see that?" he asked.

The answer was probably early 2008, before Dr Rowley was fired from Mr Manning's Cabinet.

Mr Imbert's motion criticised his successor, Jack Warner, for personally awarding contracts for airport lighting. Mr Warner split the contract in two, increased the cost, and gave one to a contractor who had not tendered for it and who had approached Mr Warner privately, he alleged. The minister had also awarded a $200 million contract for the highway interchange without tender.

Mr Warner responded in kind, accusing Mr Imbert of doing the same thing—awarding $200 million worth of contracts without board approval.

He went further, saying Mr Imbert was motivated by political tabanca. Mr Warner mentioned contractor Emile Elias, with whom Mr Imbert is engaged in a legal dispute. There were shouts of "Soca Warriors!" in response.

This isn't a clean fight, and it's very personal. Mr Imbert and Mr Warner have a lot in common: both are tenacious, quarrelsome, thin-skinned and vengeful. Friday's encounter was just one skirmish in what will be a long and bitter campaign.

Mr Imbert is fighting his own private war. And while it may be in harmony with his party's aims, it does highlight the question of how many members of the Opposition are singing the same tune, and whether Dr Rowley is leading a one-man band.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 05:03:48 AM »
The article is incomplete, and, as such, it could be misleading.

Here is the full text of my press release on this matter, which clarifies the real issues:

PRESS RELEASE
THE ISSUE WITH THE AIRPORT CONTRACTS IS THE BREACH OF THE TENDER RULES

On Friday October 22, 2010, the Minister of Works and Transport, Mr. Jack Warner, sought to defend his decision to instruct the Airports Authority to award two contracts to two separate contractors for lighting at the Crown Point and Piarco Airports in the absence of a Board, in breach of the tender rules, by claiming that the former Minister of Works and Transport did the same thing.

However, Mr. Warner is simply playing smart with foolishness. The former Minister did no such thing and contrary to Mr. Warner’s false assertions, at no time did the former Minister instruct any State Enterprise or Statutory Authority to breach its tender rules in the procurement of goods and service.

It must be understood that the problem with these controversial contracts is not the Minister’s general authority under the Constitution to approve the award of contracts in the absence of a Board, as suggested by Mr. Warner. This general authority of a Minister is not in dispute, as Mr. Warner would have us believe. Instead, but what is in question is Mr. Warner’s flagrant breach of the tender rules of the Airports Authority in exercising his authority.

It is now a matter of record that tenders were invited in 2009 for the lighting of the runways at the Crown Point and Piarco Airports as a single package and that a recommendation was made in June 2010 to award a contract to United Engineering Services in the sum of $68 million for this work.

Upon receipt of this recommendation, in the absence of a Board at the Authority, Mr. Warner had two options, i.e. either to approve or to not approve the award of contract. He was not empowered to vary or split the contract or to sidestep the tender procedures. However, in September 2010, he instructed the Authority to effectively abort the tender process and to invite fresh proposals from just two contractors, who were subsequently awarded the contracts as separate packages in an increased sum of $83 million. This is not permitted under Tender Rule 7.4 of the Authority which states that in selective tendering for goods and services in excess of $100,000 (which is what this was), a minimum of seven (7) contractors must be invited.

Since Mr. Warner instructed the Authority to invite proposals from only two contractors, whereas nine (9) contractors had previously expressed interest and submitted bids for the lighting contract, thus making it simple to re-invite bids from seven of these nine bidders, he effectively instructed the Authority to breach its own tender rules. This is the real issue and not the smokescreen thrown up by Mr. Warner with his false allegation that the former Minister did the same thing as he did.

For the record, contrary to the false and misleading insinuations and imputations of Mr. Warner, the former Minister of Works and Transport did not at any time instruct any State Enterprise or Statutory Authority to improperly vary any contract or to breach its tender rules in the award of any contract.

Colm Imbert, MP

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 05:06:39 AM »
Imbert's reposnse again

During the last 5 months numerous contracts have been approved at State Enterprises by Ministers of the new Government in several ministries in the absence of Boards. If this was not done, the country could not be run. However, you have not heard any bacchanal or allegations with respect to these other contract awards, simply because, as far as we know, these other contract awards, in similar fashion to the contract awards approved by me, were approved in strict compliance with the tender rules. Don't you find it strange that although we know that other Ministers of the PP Government are approving contracts in the absence of Boards, no-one at this time is accusing these other Ministers of wrong-doing?

There is nothing intrinsically wrong or improper with a Minister approving the award of a contract by a State Enterprise in the absence of a Board AS LONG AS THE CONTRACT IS THE RESULT OF COMPETITIVE TENDERING AND THE TENDER RULES HAVE BEEN SCRUPULOUSLY FOLLOWED. This has been the practice since time immemorial, for at least the last 30 years, under NAR, UNC and PNM Governments and it is consistent with the general authority of a Minister under the Constitution.

The big difference with the contracts approved by Mr. Warner is that THEY WERE NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TENDER RULES. Instead, he instructed the Airports Authority to breach its tender rules, in particular Tender Rule 7.4, which requires invitation of bids from at least seven (7) contractors.

Further, when Mr. Warner was reading out the details of the 31 contracts that he said were approved by me in the absence of a Board; I challenged him to show me one instance in those 31 contract awards where the contracts were in breach of the prescribed tender rules. HE WAS UNABLE TO DO SO because I was careful at all times not to give any instructions to these State Enterprises to vary the contracts or to split the contracts or to breach their tender rules, or any other instruction, which could be construed as Ministerial interference

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 05:16:21 AM »
Hey Jack is the action man.  He gets things done!!  By any means necessary it seems.... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 06:14:21 AM »
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150303213295311" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.facebook.com/v/10150303213295311</a>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:20:10 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 07:36:54 AM »

So Babalawo where is your source ?
the Hon. Colm Imbert himself

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 08:34:14 AM »
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150303213295311" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.facebook.com/v/10150303213295311</a>

I used to laugh at the notion that us Trinis speak with a sing-song lilt.  Listening to Imbert here was just hurting my ears.  Not only the exaggerated lilt... but the unnecessary intonation puntuating words at odd places in the sentence. "IRRegularities in DE AWard of contract for the LIGHTing at the PIArco and Crown Point AIRport.  ... and if I refer to the Sunday Guardian of [...] of  2010... "

Annoying... just annoying.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 12:14:10 PM »
So why he got to say Mr. Speaker so many times? 

de man have some good points too.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »
Well he attacking a man just as short as he. Why is doh go up in Rowley face and do that??

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
Well he attacking a man just as short as he. Why is doh go up in Rowley face and do that??

monkey know what tree to climb
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
Rowley and dem fellas is gentle giants, dey not in no fightin ting.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »

Arhmm...you never hear bout the teacup saga?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 09:28:26 AM »

ha! stay there and feel so.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »

Apperently
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »

Apperently

The most memorable quote for me from the whole incident was;

"I didn't hit Chandresh Sharma.  I'm from Tobago.  If I had hit Sharma, he woulda know......." 

Tell dem Rowley!!  Blue food!!.... :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »

Apperently

The most memorable quote for me from the whole incident was;

"I didn't hit Chandresh Sharma.  I'm from Tobago.  If I had hit Sharma, he woulda know......." 

Tell dem Rowley!!  Blue food!!.... :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D

Dat and d fact that Politics have its own morality.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>