April 26, 2024, 07:28:27 AM

Author Topic: Just when I thought Islam could not come up with something new...this....  (Read 6475 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Just when I thought Islam could not come up with something new...this....
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
I find yuh have real time for lonelky people, yuh facking low life forum fiherman.  Yuh see de times yu does be on de forum? Nolife no wife, fowl f**ker.
Nice try. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 06:25:32 PM »
I find yuh have real time for lonelky people, yuh facking low life forum fiherman.  Yuh see de times yu does be on de forum? Nolife no wife, fowl f**ker.

what try?  I sum you up nicely.  Yuh eh have no wife, no chirren and no facking body, yuh orphan fowl f**ker

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »
LAWD!!  :o lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »

what try?  I sum you up nicely.  Yuh eh have no wife, no chirren and no facking body, yuh orphan fowl f**ker
OK great swami, take win.  :notworthy:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2010, 07:18:05 AM »
Pecan, this article is nothing outside the normal western resolve. it was useless even posting it BC it doesn't give any new insight into anything, just the same ole rhetoric that's been on display in the media since 2000 after the attack on the USScole.

it's also very bias since the author made no attempt to be @ least a little objective, but said basically the same thing every fox news analyst has been saying for yrs. it's this same bias mentality that has kept the world up in arms and places like congo and niger dirt poor while their resources are the most coveted in the world today.

next time yuh want to post an article to shed some true light, post something from a non bias source like john esposito, ramsey clark or even dominique sourdel, but these Conservative meat and potato ppl basically saying the same bias sh!t.

i eh know where to start so I'll limit my response to a question, a comment, a question and a comment

Question: By 'unbiased', do you mean the definition commonly found in an English dictionary or do you mean anything that does not conform to your world view?

Comment: I freely admit that I am not familiar with non-biased sources such as John Esposito.  So I looked him up in Wikipedia.

Question: am I to conclude that a scholar who founded the Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University and is its current director, who is being bankrolled by Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal to the tune of $20 million is truly non-biased?  I truly do not know. If you would be so kind as to post some of his recent works that sheds light on the discourse, i would be grateful (and I am not being sarcastic or factitious).

Comment: the sniping between you and TC does not shed any light on the topic so I would argue that at least my 'biased' post presents another view of the issue
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2010, 07:38:33 AM »
Question: am I to conclude that a scholar who founded the Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University and is its current director, who is being bankrolled by Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal to the tune of $20 million is truly non-biased?  I truly do not know. If you would be so kind as to post some of his recent works that sheds light on the discourse, i would be grateful (and I am not being sarcastic or factitious).

Yes, you are to conclude as much.  Esposito isn't being "bankrolled by Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal", he's paid by Georgetown University.  The Saudi Royal Family has very strong ties to the University in part b/c of its position as a leader on international/foreign affairs, in part because many members of the family were educated there.  The Center has complete autonomy from the Talal foundation, as does other centers established at the University of Cambridge, University of Edinburgh, and Harvard University.

I have no dog in this particular fight... so apply the above to the discussion as you deem appropriate.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 08:06:32 AM »

Yes, you are to conclude as much.  Esposito isn't being "bankrolled by Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal", he's paid by Georgetown University.  The Saudi Royal Family has very strong ties to the University in part b/c of its position as a leader on international/foreign affairs, in part because many members of the family were educated there.  The Center has complete autonomy from the Talal foundation, as does other centers established at the University of Cambridge, University of Edinburgh, and Harvard University.

I have no dog in this particular fight... so apply the above to the discussion as you deem appropriate.

:beermug: i subsequently perused the 2005 press release and it shed some light on the nature of the endowment.

JC, no need to publish any link on Esposito, I am finding them, but if you want, please post those that you deem useful
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:17 AM »
On a lighter note as we on the topic of domestic abuse...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mjEzrK4sSes&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mjEzrK4sSes&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

1]; } ?>