April 28, 2024, 10:22:16 PM

Author Topic: Immigrant vets face deportation despite service  (Read 13522 times)

truetrini

Re: Immigrant vets face deportation despite service
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »
since 2002 Bush was preaching dat shit, and it is not uniform at al, you lucky 3 months it have men in Iraq on dey 3rd tour and dem eh get their own yet!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2010, 11:36:29 PM »
btw... the law calling for deportation of non-citizens for criminal activity goes back almost 100 yrs to 1917.  All throughout its history deportation was employed in cases involving first "moral turpitude", later distilled down to primarily cases involving drugs.  Conviction of anything but posession of marijuana for personal use (typically less than 30 grams) meant deportation. 

Almost 100 yrs...

This fella hardly have a leg to stand on.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2010, 06:21:03 AM »
I think the article fails to address some things and here is something that is a misconception... "we have this notion that vets have seen combat and put themselves in harms way." This is a huge misconception...

Here are some example of my friends who are veterans, and veterans of foreign wars.

Joseph G - vet deployed in 2001, attached to the maryland national guard, to defend Andrews Air Force Base. Never seen Combat.

Daniel S- vet, deployed in 2004 to The Persian Gulf, attached to the Navy, stationed the whole time on the USS Kittyhawk.... aka the shytty kitty.

John L. vet, Deployed to Iraq, attached to the army, in baqubah, karbala serviced Humvees and military equipment, closest he came to battle was a mortar round exploding at the gates of his camp... stationed 2 tours there.

Daft- Vet attached to the Army, fought in many battles including Operation Anaconda, Operation Phantom Thunder just to name a few...

My point is there are many forms of Veterans... what kind is this guy... what led him to make these choices. I know that transitioning into civilian life is not easy... is not like yuh could put on a resume proficient in the A-1, M9, or M82... to me this article is too open-ended. Until I know more details, the fact that he is a vet is just too much sensationalism...

truetrini

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2010, 07:32:59 AM »
I think the article fails to address some things and here is something that is a misconception... "we have this notion that vets have seen combat and put themselves in harms way." This is a huge misconception...

Here are some example of my friends who are veterans, and veterans of foreign wars.

Joseph G - vet deployed in 2001, attached to the maryland national guard, to defend Andrews Air Force Base. Never seen Combat.

Daniel S- vet, deployed in 2004 to The Persian Gulf, attached to the Navy, stationed the whole time on the USS Kittyhawk.... aka the shytty kitty.

John L. vet, Deployed to Iraq, attached to the army, in baqubah, karbala serviced Humvees and military equipment, closest he came to battle was a mortar round exploding at the gates of his camp... stationed 2 tours there.

Daft- Vet attached to the Army, fought in many battles including Operation Anaconda, Operation Phantom Thunder just to name a few...

My point is there are many forms of Veterans... what kind is this guy... what led him to make these choices. I know that transitioning into civilian life is not easy... is not like yuh could put on a resume proficient in the A-1, M9, or M82... to me this article is too open-ended. Until I know more details, the fact that he is a vet is just too much sensationalism...

where a sailor, soldier or marine is deployed to, or stationed or the action he/she faces is not the issue.

steups.

did you know where you would have been going?  What your next assignment would have been?

I know soldiers who never left  Ft. Sam, San Antonio or Bethesda yet served with great distinction, just ask the soldiers they saved, helped or operated on.

I was in the Navy, said f**k this fighting shit on land, I thought on a ship, dem eh coming close to me), f**k soldier shit, I going to school, and dat is dat, even on a ship you could get college in de Navy..steups..ended up training with 101st Airborne and den end up for 5 years with the FMF, (Marines)doing just that.

shit post.

when you enlist you enlist for the god or the bad.

You acting like you coulda fight, and stay safe, be fed, have medicine etc if yuh did not have support services, ask dem Iraqia from 1991-1992 if dey did feel de need to have de support  lol
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:46:09 AM by Trinity Cross »

truetrini

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2010, 07:40:32 AM »
And what make de Kitty Hawk shitty?  Dey do Desert Storm and did it well, is not the ships fault it was a west Pac vessel?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2010, 09:39:40 AM »

where a sailor, soldier or marine is deployed to, or stationed or the action he/she faces is not the issue.

steups.

did you know where you would have been going?  What your next assignment would have been?

I know soldiers who never left  Ft. Sam, San Antonio or Bethesda yet served with great distinction, just ask the soldiers they saved, helped or operated on.

I was in the Navy, said f**k this fighting shit on land, I thought on a ship, dem eh coming close to me), f**k soldier shit, I going to school, and dat is dat, even on a ship you could get college in de Navy..steups..ended up training with 101st Airborne and den end up for 5 years with the FMF, (Marines)doing just that.

shit post.

when you enlist you enlist for the god or the bad.

You acting like you coulda fight, and stay safe, be fed, have medicine etc if yuh did not have support services, ask dem Iraqia from 1991-1992 if dey did feel de need to have de support  lol

Aye, Aye I saying veterans come in different forms, and to clear up the notion that not all vets does take bullet... but their presence is paramount wherever dey serve.

Me eh name the Carrier dat bredda, sailors aboard the ship use to call it dat...

Good to see yuh train with the 101st, did many runs with the 502nd, bravo co.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »
And what make de Kitty Hawk shitty?  Dey do Desert Storm and did it well, is not the ships fault it was a west Pac vessel?
I been on there for a month before going to the Lincoln..it's just a nick name sailors gave it , because it was just that "shytty" everything was old on that ship compare to the Lincoln and other ship in the fleet. It's decommissioned now and it's at the Bremerton naval base an hour drive from where I live.

truetrini

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »
I been on there for a month before going to the Lincoln..it's just a nick name sailors gave it , because it was just that "shytty" everything was old on that ship compare to the Lincoln and other ship in the fleet. It's decommissioned now and it's at the Bremerton naval base an hour drive from where I live.

yeh it was old dais it  there was a move t kep it as ready reserve fleet..wonder if dey ever do dat

1]; } ?>