March 28, 2024, 05:59:34 AM

Author Topic: Latapy names 20 for Digicel qualifiers  (Read 10215 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy names 20 for Digicel qualifiers
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »
Latapy names 20 for Digicel qualifiers.
By: Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

The overseas quartet of Puerto Rico Islanders’ Kendall Jagdeosingh, his clubmate Keon Daniel, DC United’s Julius James and Yohance Marshall of LA Galaxy, have been named in a 20-man squad for the second round Group F Digicel Caribbean Cup qualifiers next week.

The squad selected by Soca Warriors coach Russell Latapy, moved into a live-in camp at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Wrightson Road, yesterday, minus the four overseas players who are due to arrive later this week for the tournament.

The tournament to be played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo from November 2-6 will feature hosts, T&T, Haiti, Guyana and St Vincent and The Grenadines.

From the four-team tournament, the top two will qualify for the eight-team finals in Martinique from November 26 to December 5. Missing from the Soca Warriors squad is speedy striker Cornell Glen, who is out due to injury.

Glen who started up front with Devon Jorsling in T&T’s last international match, a 1-0 loss away to Jamaica on October 11, also missed the Earthquakes final MLS regular season 4-1 loss to Kansas City Wizards on Saturday with the injury.

In his absence, Defence Force striker Jorsling who has netted four goals in his last eight international appearances will spearhead the attack alongside W Connection’s Shahdon Winchester, bmobile Joe Public’s Kerry Baptiste and former Under-20 striker, Jamal Gay.

Jagdeosingh and Baptiste, who return from injury are the only two newcomers in the team from the Jamaica loss.

Other notable inclusions include captain Clyde Leon, Densill Theobald, Trent Noel, Hayden Tinto, Anthony Wolfe and goalkeepers, Jan-Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip. With Glen out, Wolfe and Theobald are the only members of the 2006 Germany Fifa World Cup in the squad.

Squad

Goalkeepers:
Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public).

Defenders:
Julius James (DC United), Yohance Marshall (LA Galaxy), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Daneil Cyrus (Caledonia AIA), Joevin Jones (W Connection).

Midfielders:
Clyde Leon (W Connection), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Keon Daniel (Puerto Rico Islanders), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Lester Peltier (Ma Pau FC), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Puerto Rico Islanders).

Forwards:
Devon Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (unknown), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Shahdon Winchester (W Connection).

Digicel Second Round

Group F fixtures
Venue: Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo

Tuesday Nov 2
Haiti vs Guyana, 5pm
T&T vs St Vincent/Gren, 7.30pm

Thursday Nov 4
St.Vincent/Gren vs Haiti, 5pm
T&T vs Guyana, 7.30pm

Saturday Nov 6
Guyana vs St Vincent/Gren, 4pm
T&T vs Haiti, 6.30pm
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:23:05 AM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy names 20 for Digicel qualifiers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
tick tock
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:07:58 AM »
Ah hope trent noel in dat 20 man squad since he's the work horse on the team. other than that, the team looks real good! i'm particularly hyped about the winchester inclusion.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:06:26 AM »
When I see Densill Theobald name - my stomach does hurt meh, what a piece of shit this is.

Carlyle Mitchell and Andre Toussaint should be on this team instead of Densill Theobald and Hayden Tinto.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:16:25 AM »
just like a pack of cards ...only the jokers are different ! Same players , same coach, same arguments bout who eh get pick  = same results at the end !
Must really be mad if we expect to do the same things and expect different results . Must make it a point to meet with Latapy to find out what scene he on ....Latas play too much big football to be just going through the motions like this ...it have more here ...

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 06:31:03 AM »
how Marshall dey and still no birchall
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 06:36:31 AM »
Latapy don't like him it seems.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 06:44:21 AM »
just like a pack of cards ...only the jokers are different ! Same players , same coach, same arguments bout who eh get pick  = same results at the end !
Must really be mad if we expect to do the same things and expect different results . Must make it a point to meet with Latapy to find out what scene he on ....Latas play too much big football to be just going through the motions like this ...it have more here ...

So whey yuh trying to say here, dat it may not be down to Latas who is getting picked?
And even if that was true, yuh really feel that Latas will own-up to dat?  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 06:45:16 AM »
We still pickin players that playing for "unknown" fc...this Trinidad team an coach issa big fackin joke oui

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 06:49:21 AM »
Maybe Marshall is not the the Galaxy's playoff roster?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »
When was the last time Gay play with the team? He have no club, unknown my arse. What about Peltier and Tinto? Did they make the last couple games? I going and check.

Edit:

Gay vs JA = 11 minutes
Tinto vs JA = 11 minutes

Gay vs Guyana = 68 minutes
Tinto vs Guyana = Not selected on squad

Gay vs St. Lucia = Goal
Tinto vs St. Lucia = Not selected on squad

Gay vs Antigua = 18 minutes
Tinto vs Antogua = Not selected on squad
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:37:59 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 07:26:02 AM »

Marshall is an insurance player for L.A. and they are able to excuse him for the playoffs bec they just got another defender healthy. Birchall on the other hand, from what I heard, was declared unavailable by the club due to playoffs.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 07:28:32 AM »

Not understanding what u are saying. Do we have another 20 players that can be picked that are clearly better than the ones picked here? When u say "do the same things" what do u mean? to me the man picking the best players available (localy), training them and playing the game, what else are u expecting Latapy to do differently?

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »
When was the last time Gay play with the team? He have no club, unknown my arse. What about Peltier and Tinto? Did they make the last couple games? I going and check.

Breds, Gay, similar to Hyland a couple of yrs ago, is a clear talent who needs caps and needs the training until he gets another foreign contract. If he signs with a pro league team it becomes less desirable for a foreign team to pick him up because there will be a transfer fee. Thats y Hyland stayed so long without a club bec it was only a matter of time before he got picked up by a foreign team. Gay's agent see's him as being in the same position. So Gay is not without a club bec he's shitty, it's because he looking for trial opportunities abroad and being attached to a club here makes him less desirable bec of the fee that will eb attached.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:08 AM »

Breds, Gay, similar to Hyland a couple of yrs ago, is a clear talent who needs caps and needs the training until he gets another foreign contract. If he signs with a pro league team it becomes less desirable for a foreign team to pick him up because there will be a transfer fee. Thats y Hyland stayed so long without a club bec it was only a matter of time before he got picked up by a foreign team. Gay's agent see's him as being in the same position. So Gay is not without a club bec he's shitty, it's because he looking for trial opportunities abroad and being attached to a club here makes him less desirable bec of the fee that will eb attached.

So according to you the best way for a club to see how good you can play is to not to play.   :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:54 AM »
I think that's as strong a team as we can expect to see without the UK based pros. We do not have any other clearly better players available; this a a good piece of team selection but now the results have to be there or even I have to agree changes will prob be necessary. I support Latapy and think his staged development plan has been brilliant despite what many of our short sighted fans think, but it's time for results because unlike the friendlies which were meaningless in terms of the big picture, these games actually mean a lot.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 07:45:15 AM »

So according to you the best way for a club to see how good you can play is to not to play.   :beermug:

Go ask Hyland how well that worked for him? I think it worked out just fine :). Agents have a resume and a box full of tapes to promote the player, if the club likes the resume and the tapes, they will send for a trial and then they get to see the player in action. Those clubs (the kind Gay's agent is targeting) don't have scouts to send to pro league games because it’s a waste of their time and money because our league is shit. If u understood the process for getting signed abroad you'd understand y it is sometimes advantageous to remain unattached.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 07:55:27 AM »
Stern John will be in T&T for the next 5 months, he might also be training with Joe Public while there. Not sure, but maybe he should contact Latapy and let him know he is available for selection once fit ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:30 AM »
We should top this group without too much problems.

These men have played together for nuff games and camps and hence team cohesiveness should be good.

Added to the fact we have home field advantage I expect us to win all 3 games.

All we need is a forward to get hot and score some goals.

Hopefully baptiste up to the task.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 08:03:04 AM »
We should top this group without too much problems.

:heehee:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »
Stern John will be in T&T for the next 5 months, he might also be training with Joe Public while there. Not sure, but maybe he should contact Latapy and let him know he is available for selection once fit ?
I think John still have something to offer and would like to see him at least training with the team when he's fit again.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »
Play the fitball...

I kinda worried about the striker dept as Baptiste not in form...also Gay and Winchester...yes yuh need caps but this is big tournament, them other friendlies was the time for you to get yuh minutes in.

Jorsling safe!

Other than that the team will hopefully put in a good shift.

I ent too worried...I setting meh expectations low, but we should qualify from this group.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 08:12:12 AM »

Go ask Hyland how well that worked for him? I think it worked out just fine :). Agents have a resume and a box full of tapes to promote the player, if the club likes the resume and the tapes, they will send for a trial and then they get to see the player in action. Those clubs (the kind Gay's agent is targeting) don't have scouts to send to pro league games because it’s a waste of their time and money because our league is shit. If u understood the process for getting signed abroad you'd understand y it is sometimes advantageous to remain unattached.

They don't have scouts to send to PFL games, so explain to me what tapes they watching? Of him training? Of him in HS? OF him 2 years ago? Of him on the National team?

Men playing day in and day out and cannot get call up, yet a man "training" and he getting call up. You wonder why we cyah go nowhere.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:45 AM »
Finally getting a lil time off to go watch the St. Vincent and Guyana games. All jokes aside I expect victories.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 08:21:36 AM »

They don't have scouts to send to PFL games, so explain to me what tapes they watching? Of him training? Of him in HS? OF him 2 years ago? Of him on the National team?

Men playing day in and day out and cannot get call up, yet a man "training" and he getting call up. You wonder why we cyah go nowhere.

Like I said, go ask Hyland and many other free agents how they got signed, tapes and trials. Tapes are compiled by the agent based on years of footage; lets not forget Gay has played in Germany, youth WC and National team, there is plenty of footage to help market him. BUT i totally see ur point, it is unfair for inform players who playing for a club week in and week out to get left out when Gay getting calls right through, point taken  :beermug: Who would you suggest should take his place in the team?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:24:27 AM by lil damo »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 08:26:05 AM »
Gay, similar to Hyland a couple of yrs ago, is a clear talent who needs caps...Gay is not without a club bec he's shitty...
Gay already get a bligh with a low level German team, get stuck in de reserves and then drop. I don't think his talent is quite as clear as Hyland's.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
Gay, similar to Hyland a couple of yrs ago, is a clear talent who needs caps...Gay is not without a club bec he's shitty...
Gay already get a bligh with a low level German team, get stuck in de reserves and then drop. I don't think his talent is not quite as clear as Hyland's.
:D

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »
Well the side looking good.

I not any coach, but i have a slight concern.

5 Defenders.
9 Midfielders....two of which could probably be considered "defensive."

Is just 3 games doh....so while i might be over reacting......buh..given that de defense is really de weak part of de team.......dis wise?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »
Well the side looking good.

I not any coach, but i have a slight concern.

5 Defenders.
9 Midfielders....two of which could probably be considered "defensive."

Is just 3 games doh....so while i might be over reacting......buh..given that de defense is really de weak part of de team.......dis wise?

We doing that 5 defenders thing since Mats. Is not the coach I feel.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »
we should win the group with this squad..............ah hope :beermug:

1]; } ?>