April 27, 2024, 02:33:23 PM

Author Topic: Latapy names 20 for Digicel qualifiers  (Read 10328 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy names 20 for Digicel qualifiers
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
Jah help us.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:49 AM »
Not dat it really matter

But it kinda curious that yuh name a squad of 20 players with only 5 defenders.

Ah guess Latas plannin to play with a flat back 3?

Heaven help dem if a man go down injured.  Den what?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 09:36:11 AM »
Well the side looking good.

I not any coach, but i have a slight concern.

5 Defenders.
9 Midfielders....two of which could probably be considered "defensive."

Is just 3 games doh....so while i might be over reacting......buh..given that de defense is really de weak part of de team.......dis wise?

We doing that 5 defenders thing since Mats. Is not the coach I feel.
Wolfe playing right back in the carlos mould these days
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »
Gay, similar to Hyland a couple of yrs ago, is a clear talent who needs caps...Gay is not without a club bec he's shitty...
Gay already get a bligh with a low level German team, get stuck in de reserves and then drop. I don't think his talent is quite as clear as Hyland's.

He got injured, was sidelined for a considerable amount of time, sent to the reserve and didn't regain form in time to convince them to extend his contract. He's got talent but injuries prevented him from making a challenge for regular playing time. But I agree he is not on the same level of clear talent as Hyland.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
When was the last time Gay play with the team? He have no club, unknown my arse. What about Peltier and Tinto? Did they make the last couple games? I going and check.

Breds, Gay, similar to Hyland a couple of yrs ago, is a clear talent who needs caps and needs the training until he gets another foreign contract. If he signs with a pro league team it becomes less desirable for a foreign team to pick him up because there will be a transfer fee. Thats y Hyland stayed so long without a club bec it was only a matter of time before he got picked up by a foreign team. Gay's agent see's him as being in the same position. So Gay is not without a club bec he's shitty, it's because he looking for trial opportunities abroad and being attached to a club here makes him less desirable bec of the fee that will eb attached.

So according to you the best way for a club to see how good you can play is to not to play.   :beermug:

Go ask Hyland how well that worked for him? I think it worked out just fine :). Agents have a resume and a box full of tapes to promote the player, if the club likes the resume and the tapes, they will send for a trial and then they get to see the player in action. Those clubs (the kind Gay's agent is targeting) don't have scouts to send to pro league games because it’s a waste of their time and money because our league is shit. If u understood the process for getting signed abroad you'd understand y it is sometimes advantageous to remain unattached.

They don't have scouts to send to PFL games, so explain to me what tapes they watching? Of him training? Of him in HS? OF him 2 years ago? Of him on the National team?

Men playing day in and day out and cannot get call up, yet a man "training" and he getting call up. You wonder why we cyah go nowhere.

Like I said, go ask Hyland and many other free agents how they got signed, tapes and trials. Tapes are compiled by the agent based on years of footage; lets not forget Gay has played in Germany, youth WC and National team, there is plenty of footage to help market him. BUT i totally see ur point, it is unfair for inform players who playing for a club week in and week out to get left out when Gay getting calls right through, point taken  :beermug: Who would you suggest should take his place in the team?

hyland rejected a jabloteh contract extension but had a trail at Portsmouth in January  and rednapp was on his tail also he was a main stay in the national team  that was 2 years back and he was 18 turning 19 .... Gay was in Europe and could not make the cut/fallen out a favour at his club he signed a two year contract and they parted ways in one year ... gay has not been with  club since January 2010 he  is  21 and 22 in January he needs to be playing football at a club ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »
yuh know for once i not worried about de defence. now de midfield....that worrying me...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
smaddy lend anil an axe

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 11:25:16 AM »
cutarse book with this side... who is theobold obeah man...?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
Wingbacks covered but it look like only Marshall and James playing centre back. What if one gets injured? Would have liked to see Robert Primus in the mix.

Anyway besides that the rest of the side look solid.

If this side can't tap up Guyana and St. Vincent and get at least a draw against Haiti then some serious questions need to be asked.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »
Wingbacks covered but it look like only Marshall and James playing centre back. What if one gets injured? Would have liked to see Robert Primus in the mix.

If this side can't tap up Guyana and St. Vincent and get at least a draw against Haiti then some serious questions need to be asked.

Cyrus would be the back up CB....and yes Primus should be in the mix.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 11:48:55 AM »
When was the last time Gay play with the team? He have no club, unknown my arse. What about Peltier and Tinto? Did they make the last couple games? I going and check.

Breds, Gay, similar to Hyland a couple of yrs ago, is a clear talent who needs caps and needs the training until he gets another foreign contract. If he signs with a pro league team it becomes less desirable for a foreign team to pick him up because there will be a transfer fee. Thats y Hyland stayed so long without a club bec it was only a matter of time before he got picked up by a foreign team. Gay's agent see's him as being in the same position. So Gay is not without a club bec he's shitty, it's because he looking for trial opportunities abroad and being attached to a club here makes him less desirable bec of the fee that will eb attached.

So according to you the best way for a club to see how good you can play is to not to play.   :beermug:

Go ask Hyland how well that worked for him? I think it worked out just fine :). Agents have a resume and a box full of tapes to promote the player, if the club likes the resume and the tapes, they will send for a trial and then they get to see the player in action. Those clubs (the kind Gay's agent is targeting) don't have scouts to send to pro league games because it’s a waste of their time and money because our league is shit. If u understood the process for getting signed abroad you'd understand y it is sometimes advantageous to remain unattached.

They don't have scouts to send to PFL games, so explain to me what tapes they watching? Of him training? Of him in HS? OF him 2 years ago? Of him on the National team?

Men playing day in and day out and cannot get call up, yet a man "training" and he getting call up. You wonder why we cyah go nowhere.

Like I said, go ask Hyland and many other free agents how they got signed, tapes and trials. Tapes are compiled by the agent based on years of footage; lets not forget Gay has played in Germany, youth WC and National team, there is plenty of footage to help market him. BUT i totally see ur point, it is unfair for inform players who playing for a club week in and week out to get left out when Gay getting calls right through, point taken  :beermug: Who would you suggest should take his place in the team?

hyland rejected a jabloteh contract extension but had a trail at Portsmouth in January  and rednapp was on his tail also he was a main stay in the national team  that was 2 years back and he was 18 turning 19 .... Gay was in Europe and could not make the cut/fallen out a favour at his club he signed a two year contract and they parted ways in one year ... gay has not been with  club since January 2010 he  is  21 and 22 in January he needs to be playing football at a club ...

I Agree he need to be playing, but playing in the pro league is useless.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »

Where is Primus playing right now and is he playing regularly. That guy was a good defender, can't understand y he isn't in the mix.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »

Where is Primus playing right now and is he playing regularly. That guy was a good defender, can't understand y he isn't in the mix.

He plays for Jabloteh... not sure if he is playing regularly though. Maybe that's the reason he has been omitted.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
From reading most of the comments here, very few is putting faith behind the team and most looks like they want Latapy to fail  :-\

The team pick, let's just wish them the best and give them our full suppport, if they fail then bring out the axe, no sense chopping down the tree before it dead!

Go Soca Warriors!  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »

I Agree he need to be playing, but playing in the pro league is useless.
i don't know why you people just fight down the league ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rookie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »
This is a fact it proves to me that latapy has no clue ,San Juan jabloteh has the least goals in the pro league and not one of there defenders have made the cut it really proves that earl Jean and Latapy have continued there friendship to destroy Trinidad football,People i want you count how much Connection players and the tell me if i am wrong.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »
This is a fact it proves to me that latapy has no clue ,San Juan jabloteh has the least goals in the pro league and not one of there defenders have made the cut it really proves that earl Jean and Latapy have continued there friendship to destroy Trinidad football,People i want you count how much Connection players and the tell me if i am wrong.

sometimes that is a good indicator of performance, other times it can be ah totally useless statistic....who are the defenders for jabloteh?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2010, 01:35:44 PM »
We should top this group without too much problems.

These men have played together for nuff games and camps and hence team cohesiveness should be good.

Added to the fact we have home field advantage I expect us to win all 3 games.

All we need is a forward to get hot and score some goals.

Hopefully baptiste up to the task.

Thank you KND!

So if we don't top this group what then?  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
Primus needed to be on dis team not takin nothing from Cyrus but he looked better in de under 20 world cup
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
Well this squad losing to Haiti for sure and Guyana too.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
Well well well.............i've lived to see it!!

1.  8 time caribbean champs Trinidad and Tobago worried about NOT qualifying for an 8 team caribbean finals competition.

2.  There is an actual genuine concern within the die hard Trinidad fans that we might not win/place 2nd in a four team qualifying group that is being played in Trinidad and Tobago that contains Guyana and St Vincent!!

But small ting man..............my expectations low, but we will qualify in 2nd place

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2010, 02:25:40 PM »

So since yuh dun know that, who YOU backing   ::)

I say TT all the way, Latas could run out Kamla & Rowdy as stoppers with Jack pointing, and it cyah change who I want to win...Let's go TT. :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »
Yuh know why people feeling so Andre...

Everybody accept we does play a heart attack brand football...on a good day we will ketch a big team with a moment of brilliance from a big player, and side we supposed to blaze coming and going will beat us.

We always knew we have a shit brand...but they always had teams that shittier than us, so we woulda be able to get a result from them.

This rounds is no big players, a coach that proven to be clueless in every dept, a losing record...and our opponents in form, one ranked higher than us and the rest have more fight and something to prove.

Needless to say the scenario does not look good.

But as bleak as it looking I feel we qualifying....what we do after is another story.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »

So since yuh dun know that, who YOU backing   ::)

I say TT all the way, Latas could run out Kamla & Rowdy as stoppers with Jack pointing, and it cyah change who I want to win...Let's go TT. :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

My side as shameful as recent times have been is the one bleeders does be playing in /wrists.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »
Why is Theobald there?????

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
cutarse book with this side... who is theobold obeah man...?
Sasa Sae  :devil:
All American

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2010, 04:55:15 PM »
The first two games six points- Haiti would tell us if we will make the final for the Cup. We sure to be in the big dance. Ja vs Trinibago in the final.
 Oh Ye of little Faith. Let not your hearts be troubled. Remember the coach did not want to peak too early. This is a coach with plenty of playing experience.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »
cant wait to see the drama unfold  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »
Oh Ye of little Faith.

Yuh realize yuh placin yuh Faith in Jack Warner.

Careful yuh Faith end up by de waist-side eh
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2010, 05:33:18 PM »
Why is Theobald there?????
BC he's the best holding mid we have!! you honestly think clyde leon is ah better midfielder than bleeder?? in your dreams! bleeder is ah better passer,  defender, understands the games better, could create chances, and has more experience in bigger games! leon on the other hand is ah pure unskilled laborer! captain my arse!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:34:56 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>