How will T&T do.

First Round Knock-Out
10 (52.6%)
Semifinals
7 (36.8%)
Finals
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: 2010 Women's World Cup Qualifying.  (Read 36326 times)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Women's World Cup Qualifying.
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
who is the sweeper for T&T

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 05:19:58 PM »
allyuh gettin sound?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »
allyuh gettin sound?
it rel soft, only background noise no commentary
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »
stueps 1nil Can
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
mollon is the best player on the pitch
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 05:57:59 PM »
Who girls need to do some serious gym work.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »
final score 1 NIL CAN WIN. better result considering we lose by more in previous outings. But the scoreline deceptive. few short passes then Boom kick ball, wash rinse and repeat. That whole Canada team is Pro ballers watching the names. We football improve from a few years ago, But we still have a long way to go.

For real i say the same thing in another thread a few weeks ago.
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »
final score 1 NIL CAN WIN. better result considering we lose by more in previous outings. But the scoreline deceptive. few short passes then Boom kick ball, wash rinse and repeat. That whole Canada team is Pro ballers watching the names. We football improve from a few years ago, But we still have a long way to go.

For real i say the same thing in another thread a few weeks ago.

Mistyped. We girls, I mean to say.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
I looking at the Guyanese team. Are they using a entire foreign-born based team?

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
I looking at the Guyanese team. Are they using a entire foreign-born based team?

same thing I wondering...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »
When I watch some of these teams, they looking and playing like U20s. Except US and Canada.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 07:21:16 PM »
Guyana ain't looking too bad...

they playing alright too ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
Guyana ain't looking too bad...

they playing alright too ;D

true dat!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »
them Guyanese looking nice
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »
they score 2. that is good.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
Mexico Canada actually passing the ball and making plays, Trinidad making 2 quick pass, then BOOM up the road stueps losing the ball. TT basic football improve which is miles better than the shit they use to play, getting 11 nil from USA etc, they look fitter etc, but the tactical part lacking
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:23:14 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2010, 06:42:20 AM »
Mexico Canada actually passing the ball and making plays, Trinidad making 2 quick pass, then BOOM up the road stueps losing the ball. TT basic football improve which is miles better than the shit they use to play, getting 11 nil from USA etc, they look fitter etc, but the tactical part lacking

I think they play to draw or worst case not to lose bad. The other games will show us exactly what the programs about, because those game we should come out and play. No reason to put everyone behind the ball.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2010, 06:47:59 AM »
We still can't trap and put together more than two passes.  :( :(

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2010, 04:25:59 PM »
who is the sweeper for T&T

TnT does not play with a sweeper they play four across the back and her name is Arin King from Pickering Ontario Canada with the University of Toronto Varsity Blues. She has been apart of the team since U17 Conacaf held in Trinidad in 2008 & more recently this past U20 in Guatemala and has graduated to the senior this past spring.

The question as to who is coaching was asked and to answer that it is Coach Shabazz. The director of womens football Even Pellerud is travelling with the squad as well however he is only involved in strategy sessions and team meetings. He is not on the bench.

So is anyone else in Cancun other than my wife and I? Mr Fuentes did you travel with the squad ? if you did please come and say hello to me and my better half at the next game.

Cheers  19

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz looks to Mexico with hope
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2010, 08:01:43 AM »
Shabazz looks to Mexico with hope
T&T Guardian

Jamaal Shabazz, coach of the T&T senior women’s team is looking to his side’s second match against Mexico in the Concacaf Women’s World Cup Qualifying Tournament tonight with hope. T&T suffered a 1-0 defeat against Canada on Friday evening in its first match in the tournament, and must now obtain maximum points from its next two matches against Mexico and Guyana respectively in Group ‘A’, if it is to have any chance of advancing to the next round. The Soca Princesses put on a gusty performance, but were undone by a 63rd minute Melissa Tancredi goal, after the T&T defence were caught sleeping on a Canadian counter attack, allowing Tancredi to set-up a solo run from midfield, before slotting home to the left of T&T goal keeper, Kimika Forbes. “I think there is a lot of hope for us, Mexico destroyed Guyana but I have confidence in the speed of our attack,” said Shabazz.

Mexico beat Guyana 7-2 following T&T’s match against Canada.
“While we did not get the result we wanted it is clear that we are no longer a team that will lie down to the likes of Canada and the USA,” said Shabazz. “I am looking forward to today’s game against Mexico, if we can sort out one or two things within our defence I think Mexico will have a game on their hands. There is a great atmosphere in the camp at the moment; we want this game very badly.” Shabazz said following the match, he urged his players to commit themselves to getting a positive result against Mexico and he has no doubt they will come through for their country. He said it is obvious that the gap between T&T and the Concacaf powerhouses has been closed and it’s now a matter of mental strength more than technical and tactical ability.

“T&T were usually beaten by teams like USA, Canada and Mexico by huge margins so the 1-0 loss still has its positives.” Also speaking ahead of the match, T&T right winger, Ahkeela Mollon gave an assurance that the team would be giving 100 percent today and urged supporters to keep the faith. The Sweden-based professional said she was not entirely satisfied with her performance against Canada and will be looking to improve tonight. She said T&T played as a unit and showed composure where needed, but will need to find more open spaces against Mexico and attack with more passion if they are to get the needed result. T&T play Mexico at 7.30pm (8.30pm local time) without key defender Katrina Meyer who is out due to injury, national skipper Maylee Attin-Johnson will also have to pass a fitness test having received a blow to her knee during Friday’s match.

Canada will meet Guyana in the curtain raiser on the night from 5.00pm. Last night both two-time defending champions and six-time winners, USA and Costa Rica went in search of their second straight wins in Group B. The USA which defeated Haiti, 5-0 on Thursday came up against Guatemala while the Haitians faced Costa Rica. Tonight, the Soca Princesses will go in search of a win to stay in contention for a World Cup spot when they face Mexico from 9.30pm. In the first match, Canada tackles Guyana from 7 pm.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »
watching d scoreline i say is a big improvement from d licks Canada use to give we. we getting better that's all we can hope for.

"Canada have never lost to T&T and would have expected an easy match having beaten their opponents by heavy 6-0 and 5-0 margins at the 1991 and 1994 CONCACAF Women Gold Cups, and also 6-0 at the 2008 Olympic qualifiers in Juarez, Mexico."
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Canada_edge_Soca_Princesses_in_qualifier-106386913.html

we go see the real test tonight @ 9:30 , i really want to see that game.  Win or you out
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »
watching d scoreline i say is a big improvement from d licks Canada use to give we. we getting better that's all we can hope for.

"Canada have never lost to T&T and would have expected an easy match having beaten their opponents by heavy 6-0 and 5-0 margins at the 1991 and 1994 CONCACAF Women Gold Cups, and also 6-0 at the 2008 Olympic qualifiers in Juarez, Mexico."
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Canada_edge_Soca_Princesses_in_qualifier-106386913.html

we go see the real test tonight @ 9:30 , i really want to see that game.  Win or you out

I don't think we showed that we got better like I said a measure of tactics and playing with an objective has been injected. I think if Pellerud was not around you would have seen the naive grandiose type football going on with us thinking that we can go out and downright beat a Canada or USA. We never played any football in that game, we just insure that we did not get a 5 nil beating - nothing wrong with that really.

Let's see if we under estimate Mexico tonight or we can show where our improvement was made.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2010, 09:03:26 AM »

I don't think we showed that we got better like I said a measure of tactics and playing with an objective has been injected. I think if Pellerud was not around you would have seen the naive grandiose type football going on with us thinking that we can go out and downright beat a Canada or USA. We never played any football in that game, we just insure that we did not get a 5 nil beating - nothing wrong with that really.

Let's see if we under estimate Mexico tonight or we can show where our improvement was made.

I couldn't  have agreed more.

truetrini

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2010, 09:25:15 AM »

Since Even not EVEN on the bencj, since he is NOT the coach. since we have been playing ball t avpid bad licks and never accomplished that before, then we have improved!

We have always played with the same tactics before when facing hte likes of USA and Canada..so now we have only cuccumbed to a lone goa I wold say hat is a vast improvement.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2010, 10:12:44 AM »
Hey everybody can soembody send me a step by step private message on how to upload photo's on SW.NET as I have a tone to show. Am copying and pasting but its not working.

Cheers   19

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2010, 10:22:48 AM »

Since Even not EVEN on the bencj, since he is NOT the coach. since we have been playing ball t avpid bad licks and never accomplished that before, then we have improved!

We have always played with the same tactics before when facing hte likes of USA and Canada..so now we have only cuccumbed to a lone goa I wold say hat is a vast improvement.

The dude is the TD, he will advise on what tactics to employ for a game like this. He does not need to be on the bench to effect the game and how we go about playing it. Did you even watch the game to see how we "play"?

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2010, 01:27:27 PM »
See a few pic's of the start up, I have hundreds and will endeavour to post when I can as am on vacation..lol.

Not sure why the last jpeg is out of order and why they are overlapped however maybe a mod can fix it up.

will try and post some action shots of the canada game later if not tomorrow plus the mexico game.

Go Princesses Goooooooooooo

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »
Everyone say a prayer for the Princesses !!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »
Canada VS Guyana now , we playing next at 9:30pm. Those u have not signed up, u have to sign in to view the feed.

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,12907,00.html
Youtube Channel

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
Showing live on WI sports ch 14.
Success will never take you by surprise.

1]; } ?>