How will T&T do.

First Round Knock-Out
10 (52.6%)
Semifinals
7 (36.8%)
Finals
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: 2010 Women's World Cup Qualifying.  (Read 35889 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Women's World Cup Qualifying.
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2010, 07:42:05 AM »
Thanks for the coverage Soccer19. See if you could get the TTFF to subcontract you..
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2010, 08:57:55 PM »
So there's no longer any interest in this tournament since T&T's exit?? :o :o

Semi-final #2 on now, USA vs Mexico...what a great game!! Mexico leading 2 -1 at the half.

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/forcelogin/PostLive/0,,12907~598491,00.html

DHW, where you at??...you said the Mex v Canada game was goinng to be a cracker...looks like they were saving all the fireworks for the USA.

Canada beat Costa Rica 3-0 in the earlier game to advance to the final and the WWC.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »

Semi-final #2 on now, USA vs Mexico...what a great game!! Mexico leading 2 -1 at the half.

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/forcelogin/PostLive/0,,12907~598491,00.html

DHW, where you at??...you said the Mex v Canada game was goinng to be a cracker...looks like they were saving all the fireworks for the USA.

Canada beat Costa Rica 3-0 in the earlier game to advance to the final and the WWC.

Boy i forget that clean, thanks, i tell myself FRI i go watch it, clean slip my mind, i going and watch now, i shocked to see MEX leading USA  :o

edit: i expected CAN to beat Costa Rica, stueps i cah believe i miss the first half of the game lol.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:02:18 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2010, 09:09:59 PM »

Boy i forget that clean, thanks, i tell myself FRI i go watch it, clean slip my mind, i going and watch now, i shocked to see MEX leading USA  :o

edit: i expected CAN to beat Costa Rica, stueps i cah believe i miss the first half of the game lol.

No worries man....you missed a great first half though.

Costa Rica played some nice football today and at times they dominated the game. Canada scored all 3 goals in the 2nd half.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2010, 09:11:46 PM »
Lord Canada brutal hmm  :o

in what order the goals score in the first half? in the USA MEX game.
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2010, 09:13:30 PM »
Lord Canada brutal hmm  :o

in what order the goals score in the first half? in the USA MEX game.

Mex scored in the 3rd minute. USA equalised in about the 34th and  Mex retook the lead less than 2 minutes after

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »
Wow, NICE ACTION , i want USA to lose  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »
Wow, NICE ACTION , i want USA to lose  :devil:

I wouldn't cry over a USA loss either  :devil: but they not gonna roll over without a fight. They turning up the heat in this half already.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »
USA looking suspect on the quick passing Mexican counter attack, USA recently realizing teams catching up to them, if not catch up already. Germany is a good example

edit: lord this game tense  :nailbiting:

3 min extra time , stress

oh geed Wambach head buss open , blood! , oh shit , she head get stapeled up on the side line yes, no pain killer  she hard dread.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:54:09 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2010, 09:54:28 PM »
USA looking suspect on the quick passing Mexican counter attack, USA recently realizing teams catching up to them, if not catch up already. Germany is a good example

edit: lord this game tense  :nailbiting:

3 min extra time , stress

oh geed Wambach head buss open , blood!

Damn...wambach is a beast!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2010, 09:56:52 PM »
OH GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD , MEX BEAT USA  :o :o :o :o, stripping on the field  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM »
MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2010, 09:58:41 PM »
First team in Concacaf to do this in YEARS. A new power house has arrived on the women's stage MEXICO!!. while Trinidad playing the ass lol
Youtube Channel

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »
Apparently its the first ever loss for the US women's team in World Cup Qualifying....

Mexico vs Canada in the finals...both teams from the TnT group
well yes

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:44 PM »
Apparently its the first ever loss for the US women's team in World Cup Qualifying....

Mexico vs Canada in the finals...both teams from the TnT group

ENT! USA has lost its top dog status as of late, times changing.

USA have 3rd place playoff with Costa Rica, winner plays Italy  :devil: :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
Things getting tougher for Trinidad now, the longer we take to develop. Mexico clearly has done there work, even costa rica looking serious also
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2010, 10:34:16 PM »
I have tickets for the opening match in Berlin. Germany vs ???. Don't know if it will be a Concacaf team until the draw (Nov 29).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2010, 11:10:41 PM »
Things getting tougher for Trinidad now, the longer we take to develop. Mexico clearly has done there work, even costa rica looking serious also

Our FF is run by a blood sucking FIFA official for the past 35 yrs, that is why our football teams scrunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2010, 03:14:48 AM »
US stunned as Mexico, Canada qualify
(FIFA.com) Saturday 6 November 2010
Print
Email my friend

Canada booked their place at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Germany 2011 with a 4-0 win over Costa Rica while the USA will have to play a waiting game after losing their semi-final to qualifying hosts Mexico.

Canada dominated the first half of the early game in Cancun with Josee Belanger, Jonelle Filigno, Kaylyn Kyle and Christine Sinclair all enjoying decent attempts on goal. Filigno proved a constant thorn down the right flank and was responsible for Canada’s first attempt on goal, which came after only four minutes. Rhian Wilkinson fired a cross into the box and 20-year-old Filigno made a strong run to near post, skipping between two defenders and sending a lunging header just wide of goal.
We expected it but knew it would be a big challenge to get here. We were a little down at halftime, but picked it up in the second half.
Jonelle Filigno of Canada

The best chance of the first half fell to a familiar face however. At 26 minutes, captain Christine Sinclair fired a left-footed volley on target only to be denied by a sensational save from Costa Rica's Dinnia Diaz. The Costa Rica No1 would be called upon time and time again in the first half to deny the encroaching Canadian attack. The half almost came to a close in surprising fashion as a long-range effort from Venegas sent Canadian goalkeeper Karina LeBlanc - who had been a spectator for much of the first half - scrambling as she watched the ball rocket past the far post.

Costa Rica started the second-half with a sense of purpose that was lacking in the first. Las Ticas had two chances in the first two minutes of the second-half, putting the Canadians on the back foot for the next 15 minutes. The deadlock was finally broken after 61 minutes with Josee Belanger scoring. Sinclair cut a short ball back to Filigno whose shot was saved by Diaz, but Belanjer latched onto the deflection to side-foot past the goalkeeper.

As the rain began to fall 20 minutes into the second-half, Jonelle Filigno snuck behind a flat defensive line to latch onto a free-kick - lobbed all the way from the halfway line - and place the ball past the Costa Rica No1. Moments later, Sinclair took her tournament tally to five goals with the third goal of the game. A defensive error sealed Costa Rica’s nightmare as Rhian Wilkinson sent an uncontested cross into the box only to see it deflected into the goal. "We're really thrilled and excited," Filigno said. "We expected it but knew it would be a big challenge to get here. We were a little down at halftime, but picked it up in the second half."

Mexico shock the States
Despite the loss, Costa Rica’s hopes of a first-ever qualification for a FIFA Women's World Cup are still alive. But they will have to beat the USA, who lost out 2-1 to hosts Mexico in the later semi-final. With the Americans heavily fancied heading into the game, their neighbours to the south signaled their intent with just three minutes gone, captain Maribel Dominguez getting on the end of a fine pass from Lydia Rangel to make it 1-0 to the home side.

The two-time world champion US managed to draw level after 25 minutes, thanks to the dogged Carli Lloyd who poked home a fine in-swinging cross from Karen Rapinoe. The celebrations lasted only two minutes, however, as the Mexicans hit back to make it 2-1 when Veronica Perez slotted home a fine bit of service from Juana Lopez.

The Stars and Stripes piled on the pressure in the second half but despite creating a raft of chances, they were unable to draw level for a second time as the Mexicans raucously celebrated their famous victory - a first against their northern rivals - at the final whistle. The USA will play Costa Rica on 8 November, with the winner earning the right to square off with Italy (the fifth-place finisher from European qualifying) for the final place at Germany 2011.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
 :)  :) :) :) MEXICO MEXICO !!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwWufboe4zQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OwWufboe4zQ</a>
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:51:00 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
Some pics before tomorrows Big games

USA VS MEX
 :devil:

Kenti Robles (L) of Mexico celebrates her team's victory over the U.S. during the semi-final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match at the Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

Mexico's players celebrate after teammate Veronica Perez (obscured) scored against the U.S. during the semi-final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match at the Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

Maribel Dominguez of Mexico (L) celebrates her goal against the U.S. during the semi-final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match at the Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

Mexico's players celebrate their victory over the U.S. during the semi-final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match at the Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

Abby Wambach (R) of the U.S. battles for the ball with Kenti Robles of Mexico during the semi-final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match at the Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

Mexico's player Dinora Garza (L) holds up a Mexican flag with teammate Liliana Mercado as they celebrate their victory over the U.S. during the semi-final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match at the Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

Mexico's players celebrate winning their semi-final match of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying soccer tournament against the U.S. at Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

:rotfl:

Heather Mitts (R) of the U.S. reacts next to tem mate Alex Morgan after their team lost to Mexico in the semi-final soccer match of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament at the Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010. Mexico won the game, 2-1.

Amy Rodriguez (L) of the U.S. reacts next to her head coach Pia Sundhage after losing their semi-final match of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying soccer tournament against Mexico at Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

Christine Rampone (L) and Amy Lepeilbet (R) of the U.S. react next to teammates after losing their semi-final match of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying soccer tournament against Mexico at Beto Avila stadium in Cancun November 5, 2010.

TRAINING

Maribel Dominguez (C) of Mexico runs with teammates during a practice session in Cancun November 6, 2010. Mexico will play against Canada in the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.

Canada's players and coaches pose before a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. Canada soccer team will play against Mexico during their final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.

Canada's players and coaches joke during a group photo prior a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. Canada soccer team will play against Mexico during their final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.

Captain Christie Rampone (L) of the U.S. runs with team mates during a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. The U.S soccer team will play against Costa Rica for their third place in the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.

Goalkeeper Karina Leblanc (L) of Canada attends a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. Canada soccer team will play against Mexico during their final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.

Megan Rapinoe (C) of the U.S. stretches next to team mates during a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. The U.S soccer team will play against Costa Rica for their third place in the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.

Kara Lang (R) of Canada runs with team mates during a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. Canada soccer team will play against Mexico during their final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.

Jonelle Filigno (R) of Canada runs with teammates during a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. Canada will play Mexico in the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying soccer tournament on November 8 in Cancun.

Melissa Tancredi (R) of Canada controls the ball next to team mates during a practice session in Cancun November 7, 2010. Canada soccer team will play against Mexico during the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match on November 8 in Cancun.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2010, 03:48:15 PM »
Tonight's games , live feed http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,12907,00.html - WI sports chan 14 bringing it also

USA v Costa Rica 3rd place (Must win for either team for playoff spot with Italy)
Kickoff 7pm TT 6pm ET

Canada v Mexico Final
Kickoff 10pm TT 9pm ET
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:09:07 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »
1st game starting
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2010, 05:09:24 PM »
First team in Concacaf to do this in YEARS. A new power house has arrived on the women's stage MEXICO!!. while Trinidad playing the ass lol

Yuh realize that T&T lost to Canada 1-0

And Mexico 2-0

And in previous years, they yuh could add a 1 in front either scoreline and it wouldn't be any surprise.

T&T has come a LOOONNNGGGG WAY in women's football
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:32 PM »

And Mexico 2-0

And in previous years, they yuh could add a 1 in front either scoreline and it wouldn't be any surprise.

patience Palos, patience!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »

And Mexico 2-0

you probably have not read my comments in this thread already, But i already say the same thing you saying. But as i say the scoreline very deceptive though, if u watched any of the games. But i not disagreeing with your statement though.

edit:
1 nil USA 20 min
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:27:26 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »
stueps, game basically over yes USA leading 3-0, beating up on a weak team. (ITALY vs USA) Playoffs. Next game should be better.
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2010, 06:32:06 PM »

And Mexico 2-0

I wonder if we should give Shabazz some credit for that,ah mean he does take so much stick for women's Football,don't tell me this new director just come and things change overnight.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »

And Mexico 2-0

I wonder if we should give Shabazz some credit for that,ah mean he does take so much stick for women's Football,don't tell me this new director just come and things change overnight.

Well the results came within the time Period Pellerud here (1yr and a few months), could be coincidence or not. He definitely got the under 17 to play better, but that could be attributed to the fact, that we was hosting a world cup and didn't want to look bad so they spend the money. Shabazz never had that financial backing
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »
USA will give Italy 4 at least.

1]; } ?>