How will T&T do.

First Round Knock-Out
10 (52.6%)
Semifinals
7 (36.8%)
Finals
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: 2010 Women's World Cup Qualifying.  (Read 35873 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Women's World Cup Qualifying.
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
USA will give Italy 4 at least.

U sure about that. They were supposed to give Mex 4 also.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
First team in Concacaf to do this in YEARS. A new power house has arrived on the women's stage MEXICO!!. while Trinidad playing the ass lol

Yuh realize that T&T lost to Canada 1-0

And Mexico 2-0

And in previous years, they yuh could add a 1 in front either scoreline and it wouldn't be any surprise.

T&T has come a LOOONNNGGGG WAY in women's football

palos if I decide to block up my goal and you kyah score ...dat mean I improving ? T&T lose 2-0 to England and draw with sweden dat mean is we best team ever right ? ...de girls kyah pass de ball .... doh tell me you din see dat ? dais why we kyah achieve in certain sports ...its not only about the results but how you play the game .... de way some people talk you would always be disappointed when faced with the live performance ...we did not concede as much as before ...fact ! we still miles behind the top teams in Concacaf ....fact ...we will never catch up if merely seeing the soles of the leaders feet is our objective .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2010, 07:12:21 PM »
ah taking bets MEX or CAN? , my money on MEX.

edit: let me repost the live link seeing is a new page http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/forcelogin/PostLive/0,,12907~599715,00.html 10pm TT time kickoff , 9pm ET US. OK i see WI sports chan 14 bringing it also
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:21:00 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
USA will give Italy 4 at least.

U sure about that. They were supposed to give Mex 4 also.

anamoly..wait and see. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2010, 07:47:31 PM »
Coverage start: edit alyuh see jack shaking hands :devil:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:01:56 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:06 PM »
Canada takes the prize 1:0

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2010, 10:43:43 PM »
Good game. The Mex. played tough. They have improved a lot. It helps to have Mex-americans on your side.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2010, 09:12:28 AM »
Last rights for the thread

:devil:

Soccer executive Jack Warner, president of CONCACAF and vice-president of FIFA arrives to attend a news conference at a hotel in Cancun November 8, 2010, prior the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament match between Canada and Mexico.

Soccer executive Jack Warner, president of CONCACAF and vice-president of FIFA (L) and President of the Mexican Football Federation (FMF) Justino Compean leave after a news conference at a hotel in Cancun November 8, 2010, prior the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament match between Canada and Mexico.

Soccer executive Jack Warner, president of CONCACAF and vice-president of FIFA attends a news conference at a hotel in Cancun November 8, 2010, prior the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament match between Canada and Mexico.

Soccer executive Jack Warner, president of CONCACAF and vice-president of FIFA (L) and President of the Mexican Football Federation (FMF) Justino Compean attend a news conference at a hotel in Cancun November 8, 2010, prior the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament match between Canada and Mexico.

Soccer executive Jack Warner (L), president of CONCACAF and vice president of FIFA, hands over the trophy to Canada's captain Christine Sinclair (2nd L) after Canada won the final of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying tournament soccer match against Mexico in Cancun November 8, 2010. Canada and Mexico qualified for the 2011 Women's World Cup in Germany.

:angel:

Canada's soccer players celebrate with the trophy after beating Mexico 1-0 in the final soccer match of the CONCACAF Womens World Cup qualifier in Cancun, Mexico, Monday Nov. 8, 2010.

Canada's soccer team celebrates after beating Mexico 1-0 and winning the CONCACAF Womens World Cup qualifier in Cancun, Mexico, Monday Nov. 8, 2010.

Canada's soccer players celebrate with the trophy after beating Mexico 1-0 in the final soccer match of the CONCACAF Womens World Cup qualifier in Cancun, Mexico, Monday Nov. 8, 2010.

Canada's soccer team celebrates after beating Mexico 1-0 and winning the CONCACAF Womens World Cup qualifier in Cancun, Mexico, Monday Nov. 8, 2010.

Goalie Nicole Barnhart of the U.S. leans over to greet the son of teammate Kristine Lilly after winning their third place playoff match of the CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifying soccer tournament against Costa Rica at the Andres Quintana Roo stadium in Cancun November 8, 2010.
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »
Saw somewhere where someone was bashing Canada saying dey dump pellurud and now they worse off ...dont suppose that person would ever be found to be asked a question today ....
No boom kick = results and good football ..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »
First team in Concacaf to do this in YEARS. A new power house has arrived on the women's stage MEXICO!!. while Trinidad playing the ass lol

And Mexico 2-0

And in previous years, they yuh could add a 1 in front either scoreline and it wouldn't be any surprise.

palos if I decide to block up my goal and you kyah score ...dat mean I improving ? T&T lose 2-0 to England and draw with sweden dat mean is we best team ever right ? ...de girls kyah pass de ball .... doh tell me you din see dat ? dais why we kyah achieve in certain sports ...its not only about the results but how you play the game .... de way some people talk you would always be disappointed when faced with the live performance ...we did not concede as much as before ...fact ! we still miles behind the top teams in Concacaf ....fact ...we will never catch up if merely seeing the soles of the leaders feet is our objective .

But Jai....daz exactly wha we used to do (block de goal) before and used to colleck 10 regular from dem sides...so no matter how you spin it.....we now AT LEAST more competitive.

Me eh know wha u expeck.  Barcelona type football?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

And Mexico 2-0

But Jai....daz exactly wha we used to do (block de goal) before and used to colleck 10 regular from dem sides...so no matter how you spin it.....we now AT LEAST more competitive.

Me eh know wha u expeck.  Barcelona type football?

Well let me tell you what I expect when we bring in a foreign coach .....that we will be taught how to play the game to an acceptable standard...when we bring in a world cup coach ...that we will be taught to play the game to a world cup standard.
Why else would we go through the trouble ? Surely we could get a local to do the job if all we aspire to is not do as bad as before ?
Apart from the scoreline was there a marked difference in the quality of football played by the best prepared and resource allocated ladies team we have had ? they were together for years and still could not psas the football properly nor were they ecouraged to ...that for me is unacceptable !

Palos we really cant expect to ever compete with the regional teams if we are quite satisfied to accept poor results and poor standards of play.
We just would never catch up !
We will be forever getting to the base and finding everyone else has left there some time ago. I dont know about you but I firmly believe that with the  speed and physical fitness of our girls ( unrivalled by any other team ) a better coach would have achieved, if not better results, certainly a standard of play more in keeping with the other teams in the tournament.

I dont know if you realise this but unlike in men's football CONCACAF has the top teams in women's football . This is the strongest region in women's football ...if we are to make a mark here we must make a quantum leap to catch up .....if not then 20 years hence if this forum still exists ..my son will be saying the very things I am saying now ! In sports it is either you are good enough or not good enough . We must choose where we want to position ourselves and therefore what we are willing to call good or not good.  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
Well let me tell you what I expect when we bring in a foreign coach .....that we will be taught how to play the game to an acceptable standard...when we bring in a world cup coach ...that we will be taught to play the game to a world cup standard.
Why else would we go through the trouble ? Surely we could get a local to do the job if all we aspire to is not do as bad as before ?
Apart from the scoreline was there a marked difference in the quality of football played by the best prepared and resource allocated ladies team we have had ? they were together for years and still could not psas the football properly nor were they ecouraged to ...that for me is unacceptable !

Palos we really cant expect to ever compete with the regional teams if we are quite satisfied to accept poor results and poor standards of play.
We just would never catch up !
We will be forever getting to the base and finding everyone else has left there some time ago. I dont know about you but I firmly believe that with the  speed and physical fitness of our girls ( unrivalled by any other team ) a better coach would have achieved, if not better results, certainly a standard of play more in keeping with the other teams in the tournament.

I dont know if you realise this but unlike in men's football CONCACAF has the top teams in women's football . This is the strongest region in women's football ...if we are to make a mark here we must make a quantum leap to catch up .....if not then 20 years hence if this forum still exists ..my son will be saying the very things I am saying now ! In sports it is either you are good enough or not good enough . We must choose where we want to position ourselves and therefore what we are willing to call good or not good.  :beermug:

Pellerud is a perfect coach for T&T women at this point in time IMO.

He emphasizes fitness, discipline, organization, a direct line of attack and his teams are always tough to play against.  No easy games for the opposition from his teams.

T&T is an infant in womens footballing terms.  We have to learn to creep before we walk.  Before under local coaches, we wasn't even creepin.  Is level goal in we tail. 

You will NOT see constructive football from a Peelerud coached or influenced team.  He doesn't believe in it and flat out refuses to play it.  As far as he's concerned, the most direct route to goal aligned with proficiency at dead ball situations will yield more success than "pretty patterns".  I happen to disagree with him but I can respect his philosophy.  He's about results....not attractiveness.

In the recent World Cup, the T&T U 17 ladies team showed a tremendous amount of character, fight, organization etc something that was not present before.  To me...THAT's improvement. 

The T&T senior women's team lost 1-0 to tournament winners Canada and 2-0 to tournament runners up and slayers of USA Mexico.  To me....THAT's improvement.

Canada also had Pellerud and he also had success with them.  They were a top team in CONCACAF when he was coach and a team to be reckoned with in Women's football at the world level.  His style of play was only able to get them so far.  The CSA realized that and moved on so that their team could move on to the next level.  The Canadian team now attempts to play proper football and have been having better results adn performances.   But they too had to creep before they could walk.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »
Palos ...are you therefore suggesting that we move on from Pellurud ? or should we continue ?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2010, 12:24:58 PM »
Palos ...are you therefore suggesting that we move on from Pellurud ? or should we continue ?

Continue of course.

We only NOW beginning to LEARN how to creep

When we ready to walk...then move on.  Maybe in a couple years.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2010, 02:21:05 PM »
Guys whether you want to admit it or not Shabazz and Charles played a big part in getting this team ready for this tournament.Coach Pellerud although ultimately is repsonible as you all know he was immersed in the U17's succcess for the past two years.
Pellerud has begun to set up the womens infrastructure from bottom to top to ensure the long term vialbility of womens soccer in Trinidad. The Seniors by all intensive purposes are a very young squad and have the raw skills if properly harnessed to become a competitive force with-in Concacaf over the next few years and beyond. The program has come a long was from when Ricarda Nelson and her sqaud was losing by double digits eight years ago to four years ago by 5-6 goals to now one and two. As they say you have to learn to lose before you can understand how to learn to win.
The biggest concern that 19 saw in Mexico was not the direct play as you all like to highly criticize however it was the ability for the whole sqaud to remain mentally focused at all times during a match especially under adverse conditions. The squads ability to remain calm cool and collected when pressure is on is the number one item on the agenda to improve and improve quickly. Everything else will then fall into place. We have a nice group of upcoming U17's that will push our seniors for spots. We also have U13's and 15's in place that overtime will make the 17's and 20's that much stronger and ultimately the seniors will beneft. The light can be seen at the end of the tunnel and this soccer fan is looking forward to seeing how we fair is the 2011 Pan Am's and as well Olympic' qualifying. Keep up the great work Princesses !!!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »
Saw somewhere where someone was bashing Canada saying dey dump pellurud and now they worse off ...dont suppose that person would ever be found to be asked a question today ....
No boom kick = results and good football ..

:-X

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »
Guys whether you want to admit it or not Shabazz and Charles played a big part in getting this team ready for this tournament.Coach Pellerud although ultimately is repsonible as you all know he was immersed in the U17's succcess for the past two years.
Pellerud has begun to set up the womens infrastructure from bottom to top to ensure the long term vialbility of womens soccer in Trinidad. The Seniors by all intensive purposes are a very young squad and have the raw skills if properly harnessed to become a competitive force with-in Concacaf over the next few years and beyond. The program has come a long was from when Ricarda Nelson and her sqaud was losing by double digits eight years ago to four years ago by 5-6 goals to now one and two. As they say you have to learn to lose before you can understand how to learn to win.
The biggest concern that 19 saw in Mexico was not the direct play as you all like to highly criticize however it was the ability for the whole sqaud to remain mentally focused at all times during a match especially under adverse conditions. The squads ability to remain calm cool and collected when pressure is on is the number one item on the agenda to improve and improve quickly. Everything else will then fall into place. We have a nice group of upcoming U17's that will push our seniors for spots. We also have U13's and 15's in place that overtime will make the 17's and 20's that much stronger and ultimately the seniors will beneft. The light can be seen at the end of the tunnel and this soccer fan is looking forward to seeing how we fair is the 2011 Pan Am's and as well Olympic' qualifying. Keep up the great work Princesses !!!!!

Hey Ricarda Nelson team? You mean Izler Brown. We use to get kill up until what 2 years ago with Shabazz and Charles in charge. Yuh know why? Because they pick the girls they liked. Not the girls who want to work hard, play hard and go home. You feel he drop Mollon just so. Is years he dropping players who will not be "fren fren" with him.  Better players, more technical players. He more in the spotlight light now so he have to watch he step a little more. If Pellerud was not there  you would have seen similar tactics to years past. We never even played defensive before, we just went out there.

When we get a bag from the US in Cali, at least a 1/3 of the players on that team trained with the team 2 practices or less. They showed up and Jamal drop better girls who were training for months to put in girls who he "tight" with. Jamal and Marlon in above their heads when it come to international football, hell any womens football.

I still cannot acept what we did out there in this tournament. Did not see the Guyana game, but the other 2 games we did absolutely nothing. Can see how we improve in "playing". Maybe we are better organized, but playing? No way.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mcruic

• Full Warrior
  • 56 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com
    • View Profile
    • The Roon Ba international Team Sports
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »
Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not - but T&T's win over Guyana actually qualified them for the Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico in October 2011.  They qualified as the best Caribbean team at the Gold Cup, ahead of Haiti and Guyana.  I wonder if the players knew they were playing for this?

The US will give this tournament a miss, but it's still a good tournament for T&T to develop more.

5 teams are already qualified (there will be 8 teams).

Mexico (hosts), Canada, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago, Chile and 3 more South American teams (VERY likely to be Brazil, Argentina and Colombia).  All these teams are ranked higher than T&T, so it can only be good experience for them.
50 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2010, 07:46:42 PM »
The US will give this tournament a miss, but it's still a good tournament for T&T to develop more.

Why??????????????????????

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »
Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not - but T&T's win over Guyana actually qualified them for the Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico in October 2011. 

thanks for the info i did not know that
Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »
Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not - but T&T's win over Guyana actually qualified them for the Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico in October 2011.  They qualified as the best Caribbean team at the Gold Cup, ahead of Haiti and Guyana.  I wonder if the players knew they were playing for this?

Mexico (hosts), Canada, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago, Chile and 3 more South American teams (VERY likely to be Brazil, Argentina and Colombia).  All these teams are ranked higher than T&T, so it can only be good experience for them.

Yes the girls were aware that the game was for the Pan Am's. Many of you still  have reservations about the results and how they were achieved. The bottom line is that this squad has showen marked improvement in its results than any other previous sqaud and nobody can take that away from these young ladies. Say what you want as well about the coaching staff however they did have a part in guiding the players to motivate the ladies to avhieve the desired results.

I know that if we were in the USA's group that we would've moved ahead to the next round. This team is being talked about north of the 45th parallel as my network of friends is all north american and they all are watching to see how we move further ahead in the next two to four years. Only time will tell folks. Now that Pellerud is done with the U17's as the team head coach am sure he will become more actively involved with the seniors as well as ensuring the infrastructure from top to bottom is in place for the future successes of the program.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »

Yes the girls were aware that the game was for the Pan Am's. Many of you still  have reservations about the results and how they were achieved. The bottom line is that this squad has showen marked improvement in its results than any other previous sqaud and nobody can take that away from these young ladies. Say what you want as well about the coaching staff however they did have a part in guiding the players to motivate the ladies to avhieve the desired results.

I know that if we were in the USA's group that we would've moved ahead to the next round. This team is being talked about north of the 45th parallel as my network of friends is all north american and they all are watching to see how we move further ahead in the next two to four years. Only time will tell folks. Now that Pellerud is done with the U17's as the team head coach am sure he will become more actively involved with the seniors as well as ensuring the infrastructure from top to bottom is in place for the future successes of the program.

infrastructure ?in TTFF ??  I know that if we were in the USA's group that we would've moved ahead to the next round.  I admire your confidence and conviction . what can I say but hold on to your convictions ...

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2010, 07:07:03 AM »

infrastructure ?in TTFF ??  I know that if we were in the USA's group that we would've moved ahead to the next round.  I admire your confidence and conviction . what can I say but hold on to your convictions ...

Thanks Jai John , my convictions and faith never waiver where the womens game is concerened. I have been involved at all levels for 15 years have seen many ups and many downs however I am remaining positive that the TTFF womens program is turning the corner and that the light is at the end of the tunnel and is coming out through the other side.
In order for the womens side to flourish it is critical that the local based players continue to train regularly with each other at all levels making each other better so that there may come a day that the foreign based players will have a tough time cracking their squads at the different levels.
Compared to USA , Canada , Mexico , South America & Europe to name a few we are behind in our development of the womens game however this past two years we have taken lighht year strides to start to show some parity. We are still a few years away however like I said before the light is closer to the end of the tunnel.

19 will always keep the faith and is hoping that he and his family can be waving the Trinidadian flag proudly at the enxt Olympic games on behalf of our senior womens program.

Cheers   19

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2010, 08:25:01 AM »

Continue of course.

It does not make sence to creep the wrong way and have to start creeping again after you start walking. This is what the US is struggling with in the women's game and Canada had to make the same changes from kick and run and relying solely on the athleticism of the players, both programs are now learning how to play the game. Someone in another post ask if we expect Barcelona football...YES...because that is football in the simplest form and it can be taught to little kids. If you noticed how Mexico and Brazil for example and even Germany have developed their programs in such a short time...the players have been taught how to play while their physical qualities were also being developed. my point is this: every coach has a philosophy and they live or die by it, however, having worked with many players and coaches for over 20 years, you have to be able to teach players how to play the game both technically and tactically in order to have measured improvement and sustained standards of play and results. We have had many of our players attend US schools but that has not been capatalised on. When they go to school here, they learn how to train hard, lift weights, time management, personal accountability, comptitiveness, technical and tactical functional aspects of the game etc.  and that should be used to help the local coaches move the program along.
What has really happened here is that the local coaches have bought hook line and sinker into another man's philosophy...neither Shabazz nor Charles believe in kick and run football...I know because I've played with them and Charles love to "leh we jook it nah !!!" Both the U-17 and Senior teams suffered the same fate...while there was an obvious physical presence and determination, they were smply out played by teams with equal physical attributes but better football playing qualities. Our teams appeared to look improved because of the physical effort, however the technical , tactical and functional abilities were avarage at best. In two years players should be much more proficient at the most fundamental of technical skills...passing!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2010, 09:10:37 AM »

Continue of course.

It does not make sence to creep the wrong way and have to start creeping again after you start walking. This is what the US is struggling with in the women's game and Canada had to make the same changes from kick and run and relying solely on the athleticism of the players, both programs are now learning how to play the game. Someone in another post ask if we expect Barcelona football...YES...because that is football in the simplest form and it can be taught to little kids. If you noticed how Mexico and Brazil for example and even Germany have developed their programs in such a short time...the players have been taught how to play while their physical qualities were also being developed. my point is this: every coach has a philosophy and they live or die by it, however, having worked with many players and coaches for over 20 years, you have to be able to teach players how to play the game both technically and tactically in order to have measured improvement and sustained standards of play and results. We have had many of our players attend US schools but that has not been capatalised on. When they go to school here, they learn how to train hard, lift weights, time management, personal accountability, comptitiveness, technical and tactical functional aspects of the game etc.  and that should be used to help the local coaches move the program along.
What has really happened here is that the local coaches have bought hook line and sinker into another man's philosophy...neither Shabazz nor Charles believe in kick and run football...I know because I've played with them and Charles love to "leh we jook it nah !!!" Both the U-17 and Senior teams suffered the same fate...while there was an obvious physical presence and determination, they were smply out played by teams with equal physical attributes but better football playing qualities. Our teams appeared to look improved because of the physical effort, however the technical , tactical and functional abilities were avarage at best. In two years players should be much more proficient at the most fundamental of technical skills...passing!

I have said for a long that that everyone will catch up to the USA. They were to focussed on the Physical aspects of the players than the footballing side of the game. You could have always seen how much more sophisticated the rest of the world were in playing the game than the USA. Now that women from other countries accept the physical development part of the game the USA is looking ordinary.

The USA select players Fit,Big, Fast, Strong, Kick hard,(did you see the size of those US players) .........then everything after. I have seen so many skillful female players not make a state ODP or Region team, because they did not posess exceptional physical attributes. This is because at the Youth level everyone just want to win. Winning take a primary role to development. Yo see many big clubs playing that - up, back, and through - football. The players are not really thought how to solve problems on the field. To much focus on functional training. Every effort is made NOT to do drills with the players. Learn while playing. Well, you will end up with a bunch of average players. At some point players MUST do drills to improve their technical abilities. The idea that success (once the player get past, score or receive the ball) it is okay. Well that players needs to be able to reproduce that technique whenever the situation arrive. Brazilian SAID principle.

On one trip to Brazil the USA technical start noticed that the Brazil youth players were far ahead of the USA players in technique and tactical application of the game. When the Brazilian player is played a ball he is focussing on tactics, but when the US player is played a ball he is still wondering which technique to use to receive the ball. Yet the USA youth teams beat the Brazilians youth team.  :-\   There is a major movement to produce players who can really play, yet the USA suppress players the likes of Adu, because mainly he is not a safe player.

The US Youth Soccer is in a tough place. Soccer is a major money maker and as such parents demand success. Winning tournament, getting scholarship (which many players do not re-coup the money they put out) or at least make a state ODP team.  It's a catch 22.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:14:18 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2010, 09:12:59 AM »
Well said ck1. I am tired of this concept that we fighting hard and competing so we must be improving. Since I was living in Trinidad back in the 90's we had women's football. Where was Mexico, US, The Europeans, South Americans etc back in the 90's as it relates to women's football. I am glad men like you and I not drinking that watered down cool aid with no sugar  :rotfl:
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2010, 09:16:48 AM »
Well said ck1. I am tired of this concept that we fighting hard and competing so we must be improving. Since I was living in Trinidad back in the 90's we had women's football. Where was Mexico, US, The Europeans, South Americans etc back in the 90's as it relates to women's football. I am glad men like you and I not drinking that watered down cool aid with no sugar  :rotfl:

See many men still don't believe that women CAN play the level of football like men. They don't understand that the only part of the game a woman cannot truly match a man is in the pure physical side of the game.

Women CAN play like Barcelona.   :D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2010, 09:20:32 AM »
I am glad men like you and I not drinking that watered down cool aid with no sugar  :rotfl:

That does taste rel stink  :puking:  :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »
I am glad men like you and I not drinking that watered down cool aid with no sugar  :rotfl:

Gents I hope you are not incinuating that I am drinking watered down cool aid  :o
Nowhere have I mentioned that we are fighting hard. That is other forumites and or Shabazz himself. I am talking from a pure result standpoint and that is all. Am I naive to think that just because the result were close does that mean we have improved our tactical and technical abilities. No..I am trying to be as eloquant and positive as possible to these young ladies who have put in the sacrifice with-in this program. 
As to your comments about women playing a physical game like men do. I think you all are aware of the difference in genetic dictates the difference however trust me those who are truly familiar with the type of physical game that women play it is 100% dirtier than the mens game will ever be.
Nyman 18 what does the 90's football with the countries you have metioned compared to football today in respects to the womens game.Just so I understand your thought process?

happy friday peeps....

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »

Gents I hope you are not incinuating that I am drinking watered down cool aid  :o
Nowhere have I mentioned that we are fighting hard. That is other forumites and or Shabazz himself. I am talking from a pure result standpoint and that is all. Am I naive to think that just because the result were close does that mean we have improved our tactical and technical abilities. No..I am trying to be as eloquant and positive as possible to these young ladies who have put in the sacrifice with-in this program.  As to your comments about women playing a physical game like men do. I think you all are aware of the difference in genetic dictates the difference however trust me those who are truly familiar with the type of physical game that women play it is 100% dirtier than the mens game will ever be.
Nyman 18 what does the 90's football with the countries you have metioned compared to football today in respects to the womens game.Just so I understand your thought process?

happy friday peeps....
I somehow get a sence that you are a supporter of the players and their efforts because you appear to be close to the program...hense the reason for your eloquence. However, we should not have to praise players for effort and sacrifice at the NATIONAL LEVEL. This should be expected from anyone who desires to don a national team shirt...eloquence is another way of accepting what you don't really want to accept. We expect more from the perspective of development of the players in all aspects of the game. I don't believe anyone on this board is critical of the players efforts or sacrifices especially for the ones who were left out at the last minute to include players who should not even be in either of those teams.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

1]; } ?>