April 28, 2024, 04:09:30 PM

Author Topic: Irresponsibility of the highest order...  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Irresponsibility of the highest order...
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 05:06:25 PM »
pressure up in Bago from a feeder band.......  :( plenty flooding/ land slides

u affected Brown?

My immediate family was not.  Haven't heard anything bad from friends and extended family....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »
Orville London just said that it not as bad as first thought and the situation manageable. So i guess things back in order
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 05:37:17 PM »
Orville London just said that it not as bad as first thought and the situation manageable. So i guess things back in order

Just tried to call a friend in St. Lucia with no luck.  I'm hoping its just that communications are down and nothing has happened to her..... :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago was spared by Tomas. Barbados appears to have faced the full brunt.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »

Just tried to call a friend in St. Lucia with no luck.  I'm hoping its just that communications are down and nothing has happened to her..... :-\

my mom was keeping in contact with her cousin who lives there. all her trees (bananas, mango etc) were uprooted. all the rooms in her house 'flood out' from water blowing in ventilation blocks. unfortunately she was alone and there wasnt much she could have done to prepare in d short space of time.

she lives on a hill and after the storm past she said she went outside with her binoculars looking around and saw people looting stores of johnny walker and rum. not emergency supplies eh! but alcohol!

yuh hadda love caribbean people oui

Doh worry the big one coming, we time will run out just now.

Nah, I pass thru the tail end of Ivan while it was on its way to mash up Grenada and it wasn't a nice experience.  At that point, I was finally able to understand why my mother reacts the way she does at the slightest hint a storm is lurking nearby.  She lived through Hurricane Flora in 1963 and THAT for sure wasn't nice at all.....

So no boss I hope we time never run out....

same thing with with my parents. their houses were destroyed from that storm. they were teenagers then. and now my mother doh make joke with dem thing. she knew it had a system brewing from since wednesday.  she used to work odpm so she on point with her disaster preparedness. 

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 06:50:16 PM »
dis man eh choosin he battles good atall atall..........opposition grows increasingly impotent with every misstep.............. who advisin he.... lawd have mercy
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »
dis man eh choosin he battles good atall atall..........opposition grows increasingly impotent with every misstep.............. who advisin he.... lawd have mercy
Truer words have never been spoken.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »

Advisin Rowley he look like a fella 2 take advice? NOOOOOOOOO
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »

hahaha :rotfl: true talk
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 05:03:00 AM »

Although he is mih boy, ah eh too sure he is what the PNM needs to lead it back to government..... :-\  :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 06:01:05 AM »

Although he is mih boy, ah eh too sure he is what the PNM needs to lead it back to government..... :-\  :-\

dat there is d plain boldfaced truth, my feeling is dat he just as outa tuned with d public as Manning was, he jus plain bad as a politician, or he seemingly gruff and insensitive nature does jus get d better of him :-\

As for d assertions dat d shut down was premature, lets put it in perspective, people pretty much closed up or started to between 12:30 by 1:30pm d mass transit system was at full capacity and had effectively ground to a halt ........no maxis, d full rotation of coaches gone, lounge musbe had 10 bus load waiting inside an outside, if ptsc citygate was in evacuation mode I musta miss it, see comment bout coaches, while standing d line about 3 bus loads back it strike mih dat ah shoulda see what goin on wit d watertaxi..............ah know what some ah alyuh tinkin...."crossin d sea wit a storm on d way" but it turn out to be d bess choice..........dey delay d 2:30pm boat till bout after 3, dey use one ah d new ones, which ah heard has a 400 passenger max, an wait for damn near every seat to full because was to be d last boat out for d day..................given those facts alone and fact that I "heard" that people was still in POS hustlin for transport all after 7 an ting, I would say dat d "over reaction" was ah good call
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:39:42 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »

Dat was always d case. People in TNT eh know what dey want dey say Manning 2 arrogant but dey supportin Rowley come on lets use we brain lil bit. He done from bago which put him at a disadvantage 4 d small minded people.

All I knw is about time I  :( BECAUSE WE IN DEEP TROUBLE.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 08:07:49 AM »
Absolutely amazing at the level politicians willing to stoop to attempt to gain some political mileage.  Can't believe Rowley's assertion, c'est la vie.  The bigger issue at hand here is how will we cope w/disaster WHEN it strikes, we love to say God Almighty is from TT as if to assert other nations aren't on the latter's beloved map.  DHW said it right, our time WILL come, and we better learn quick how to get our house in order to deal w/such issues, earthquake, hurricane, or otherwise
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 08:51:07 AM »

Dat was always d case. People in TNT eh know what dey want dey say Manning 2 arrogant but dey supportin Rowley come on lets use we brain lil bit. He done from bago which put him at a disadvantage 4 d small minded people.

Manning cyar be THE ONLY person in the whooooollleeeee ah de PNM that could run the party.....let the party find a person who could attract a wider group of people to the party.......cuz Manning eh that person....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 10:09:01 AM »
While it is gross and un-necessary party Politics, Rowley has a point.

THE ODPM did shit, and Friday should not have happened the way it did...A premature panic was created and we had un-necessary traffic and sent home workers for next to no reason.

What's worse is that so many Trinidadians don't know how to react to various warnings with regards to Hurricanes etc, there is a difference between watch, warning and alert..The ODPM made us operate like we were on alert when we should have been at least on warning...

Arazi, yuh self like yuh confused about what means what....I eh know what alert yuh talking about....

A Tropical Storm/Hurricane WATCH means the weather system MAY impact an area within 24 hours....

A Tropical Storm/Hurricane WARNING means the weather system WILL affect an area within 24 hours...

Now while I vex that the damn non-storm mess up my Friday night, when I saw the grapic Dinho had up and I checked other weather channels I could see why the Met Office/ODPM would have put us on a WARNING as opposed to a WATCH....

The problem with these systems is that they can move unpredictibly some times and in this case it appears as though the ODPM/Met office got it wrong but not because of what they did but rather because the storm shifted a little at the last minute.  I can't fault the authorities for the actions they took.  Having lived through Ivan I can tell you, that storm was heading straight for Tobago and then at the last minute literally moved a little to the North and mash up Grenada instead.....I can't fault the authorities for the actions they took back then any more than I can fault them now.....

Just say amen we were spared again.....or next time they issue a warning ignore it, go about yuh business like normal and pray God is really ah Trini....... ::) ::)

Thanks, i did err in m post...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »

Manning cyar be THE ONLY person in the whooooollleeeee ah de PNM that could run the party.....let the party find a person who could attract a wider group of people to the party.......cuz Manning eh that person....

We cyah b soooooo bright 2 realize Rowley eh d man. Then again we eh members of d PNM. Dey should realie by now dat Rowley eh even popular in d party. At least once abound a time Patos had d party support.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »

like who?

ah telling allyuh T&T eh see the last of Patos.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2010, 03:05:45 PM »

Why? yuh know him personally, or is it BC he's from tobago?

any way, yuh boy is ah serious c@ck head and ah now see why patos put him out the party! since the man became the opposition leader all he did was made an arse of himself wid the nitpicking, but did nothing substantial.

these ppl doh like the country nah, all ah dem politicians only on ah set ah partisanism, non ah dem eh really care bout the welfare of the damn country, not one!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2010, 04:40:10 PM »

Neither.  They've tried all sorts of things to show he eh as squeaky clean as he come across and up to now dey cyar pin one thing on him.  Not one.  He either covering he tracks real good or he really squeaky clean......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »

Neither.  They've tried all sorts of things to show he eh as squeaky clean as he come across and up to now dey cyar pin one thing on him.  Not one.  He either covering he tracks real good or he really squeaky clean......
So that's why he's yuh boy? BC he's beyond reproach?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2010, 06:31:06 PM »
I have a friend from Reduit, Gros-Islet and up to now, no contact with her and her family. I ain't too worry, cause they in south of Lucia and most of the destruction happened in north of....  I tell ya, Trinidad and Tobago taking things for granted.

Hurricane Tomas kills 12 in St Lucia
Death toll could climb

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Hurricane-Tomas-kills-12-in-St-Lucia

CASTRIES, St Lucia – At least 12 people were confirmed dead and several communities across the St Lucia remained cut off today following widespread destruction caused by Hurricane Tomas over the weekend.
Government said that the damage caused by the storm could surpass US$100 million.
  This car fell into a crater created by storm waters associated with Tropical storm Tomas in St Lucia. (Photo: CMC)
 1/1
The southern town of Vieux-Fort was among the worst hit by the Category One storm, while five bodies including those of the owners of a popular craft shop in Soufriere, recovered from the wreckage of their homes that were hit by landslides.
“I would say to you right now we have 12 confirmed dead…unfortunately there are still people who are buried….,” Tourism Minister Allan Chastanet said on local radio.
He said that the roads to the town, where the famous Piton Mountains and the world’s only drive in volcano are located, are impassable and that the death toll could rise further.
Prime Minister Stephenson King had earlier said that an American visitor whose named was not disclosed, drowned on a north east coast beach while a 31 year-old woman died after her vehicle ran off the road and fell down a  precipice.
King said he had taken an aerial survey of the storm damage and it is clear that there had been extensive damage.
“From the air, the southern town of Vieux Fort appeared to have received the brunt of Tomas’s fury and we will have to go into this area which was still blocked by landslides and virtually inaccessible to carry out a more detailed account of the damage,” he added.
Prime Minister King said that there were other persons missing from the town and that search and rescue teams were in the affected area.
“Soufriere is devastated, everyone is locked in and no one can leave or get in by road or by phone, so that there are persons who need help but cannot be reached,” the Prime Minister noted.
 “It’s not just a question of clearing these roads because there are sections of the network that have completely disappeared so that we are just going to have to find another way in and out of the town,“ he said.
King said that a preliminary assessment of the damage caused by Tomas suggested that it was likely to cost the country in excess of US$100 million.
He said he had already contacted the United States government and Work Bank which had requested that measures be put in place to sources the emergency funding.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 06:21:45 AM »
I have a friend from Reduit, Gros-Islet and up to now, no contact with her and her family. I ain't too worry, cause they in south of Lucia and most of the destruction happened in north of....  I tell ya, Trinidad and Tobago taking things for granted.

Hurricane Tomas kills 12 in St Lucia
Death toll could climb

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Hurricane-Tomas-kills-12-in-St-Lucia

CASTRIES, St Lucia – At least 12 people were confirmed dead and several communities across the St Lucia remained cut off today following widespread destruction caused by Hurricane Tomas over the weekend.
Government said that the damage caused by the storm could surpass US$100 million.
  This car fell into a crater created by storm waters associated with Tropical storm Tomas in St Lucia. (Photo: CMC)
 1/1
The southern town of Vieux-Fort was among the worst hit by the Category One storm, while five bodies including those of the owners of a popular craft shop in Soufriere, recovered from the wreckage of their homes that were hit by landslides.
“I would say to you right now we have 12 confirmed dead…unfortunately there are still people who are buried….,” Tourism Minister Allan Chastanet said on local radio.
He said that the roads to the town, where the famous Piton Mountains and the world’s only drive in volcano are located, are impassable and that the death toll could rise further.
Prime Minister Stephenson King had earlier said that an American visitor whose named was not disclosed, drowned on a north east coast beach while a 31 year-old woman died after her vehicle ran off the road and fell down a  precipice.
King said he had taken an aerial survey of the storm damage and it is clear that there had been extensive damage.
“From the air, the southern town of Vieux Fort appeared to have received the brunt of Tomas’s fury and we will have to go into this area which was still blocked by landslides and virtually inaccessible to carry out a more detailed account of the damage,” he added.
Prime Minister King said that there were other persons missing from the town and that search and rescue teams were in the affected area.
“Soufriere is devastated, everyone is locked in and no one can leave or get in by road or by phone, so that there are persons who need help but cannot be reached,” the Prime Minister noted.
 “It’s not just a question of clearing these roads because there are sections of the network that have completely disappeared so that we are just going to have to find another way in and out of the town,“ he said.
King said that a preliminary assessment of the damage caused by Tomas suggested that it was likely to cost the country in excess of US$100 million.
He said he had already contacted the United States government and Work Bank which had requested that measures be put in place to sources the emergency funding.
Hey sweet thang, how yuh been, long time no see. like yuh dun wid oui? :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 06:36:31 AM »

So that's why he's yuh boy? BC he's beyond reproach?

Steups!!  I never said he was beyond reproach.  I said I admired the way he came out publicly and stated his position on the UDECOTT issue and despite of all the attempts to discredit him NOBODY CYAR PIN NUTTEN on him.  YET. 

Also, in the landate matter AGAIN inspite of all the attempts to discredit him, they still couldn't beat him.  In fact, an Integrity Commission board had to resign over the whole affair. 

Now if you know something that I don't do share.  I'm sure he eh no saint, but I eh have no proof to prove otherwise, until then I will continue to applaud his effort to reaveal some nasty, stinking, dutty things that was going on behind closed doors.  Until ah get evidence that he is also nasty, stinking and dutty, he is mih boy.

That said in term of his leadership, I recognise that he is also from the old school of the Mannings and Pandays of T&T so he probably isn't the leader the PNM needs right now.  But dais why dey not in governmen so that they could sort themselves out.  This is the party's opportunity to choose a leader that can truly represent the party to people like me who eh PNM, NAR, UNC, COP, ABC or XYZ till ah dead.  If the party not interested in attracting a wider support base then so be it.  If they are, then Rowley may not be right choice to do it.  Even though he is mih boy, I am quite capable of recognising that he may have limitations as a leader the country needs in this time.

Comprende??!!.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »
Any comment with regard to this?

NO FREE HELP

PM to assist neighbours hit by Tomas but...

By Ria Taitt Political Editor

No help for Caricom countries hit by Tropical Storm Tomas without benefits to Trinidad and Tobago.
This was made clear by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday.
She said Trinidad and Tobago stands ready to assist its Caricom neighbours but she stipulated that any aid would only come after discussions with her Cabinet colleagues as well as the Opposition Leader, and must in some measure benefit the country.
Speaking at a news conference at the Diplomatic Centre in St Ann's, Persad-Bissessar said she has received a call from the Prime Minister of St Vincent while Foreign Affairs Minister Suruj Rambachan had been in contact with his counterparts in Barbados and St Lucia, territories in the region which have been hit by Tomas.
She said she intended to speak to her Cabinet colleagues as well as the Leader of the Opposition to see what relief this country could give to the other Caribbean islands.
"We will have to look at ways in which we would be able to assist. But you would recall my comments earlier this year, when I said there must some way in which Trinidad and Tobago would also benefit. So if we are giving assistance with housing for example, and that is one of the areas that we (Prime Minister of St Vincent and myself ) spoke about, ... then we may be able to use Trinidad and Tobago builders and companies, so that whatever money or assistance is given, redounds back in some measure to the people of Trinidad and Tobago," she said.
She said this is why she intends to approach her Cabinet colleagues as well as the Leader of the Opposition with this proposal—to marry the benefit to Trinidad and Tobago while giving assistance to those islands that have been very badly hit.
The Manning government had been severely criticised by Trinidad and Tobago nationals for giving assistance to Caribbean countries especially in non-emergency situations.
Persad-Bissessar said it was St Vincent Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves who reported to her that that island was devastated. He revealed that over 600 homes were completely destroyed, infrastructure damaged and the agricultural sector ravaged, she said. "The Prime Minister indicated that not a plantain or banana tree was standing," Persad-Bissessar added.
She said Barbados and St Lucia were doing a needs assessment and Gonsalves had indicated that he would do something in writing when that country conducts its needs assessment.
She said the Government had already mobilised through the Minister of Local Government, two containers of foodstuff, and it would make a decision where to send it but "certainly to St Vincent".
Noting that the news suggested that the storm was heading to Haiti, she said it was tragic since Haiti was pounded in so many ways. She said if this is the case, Government would have to consider assistance to Haiti again. "But it would do nothing unless the Cabinet discusses it and the Leader of the Opposition is consulted," she stressed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:21:31 PM by Arazi »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »
I kinda see where she's coming from... but on the other hand if yuh giving help in emergency situations then a quid pro quo should be the last thing on your mind.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »
Any comment with regard to this?

NO FREE HELP

PM to assist neighbours hit by Tomas but...

By Ria Taitt Political Editor

No help for Caricom countries hit by Tropical Storm Tomas without benefits to Trinidad and Tobago.
This was made clear by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday.
She said Trinidad and Tobago stands ready to assist its Caricom neighbours but she stipulated that any aid would only come after discussions with her Cabinet colleagues as well as the Opposition Leader, and must in some measure benefit the country.
Speaking at a news conference at the Diplomatic Centre in St Ann's, Persad-Bissessar said she has received a call from the Prime Minister of St Vincent while Foreign Affairs Minister Suruj Rambachan had been in contact with his counterparts in Barbados and St Lucia, territories in the region which have been hit by Tomas.
She said she intended to speak to her Cabinet colleagues as well as the Leader of the Opposition to see what relief this country could give to the other Caribbean islands.
"We will have to look at ways in which we would be able to assist. But you would recall my comments earlier this year, when I said there must some way in which Trinidad and Tobago would also benefit. So if we are giving assistance with housing for example, and that is one of the areas that we (Prime Minister of St Vincent and myself ) spoke about, ... then we may be able to use Trinidad and Tobago builders and companies, so that whatever money or assistance is given, redounds back in some measure to the people of Trinidad and Tobago," she said.
She said this is why she intends to approach her Cabinet colleagues as well as the Leader of the Opposition with this proposal—to marry the benefit to Trinidad and Tobago while giving assistance to those islands that have been very badly hit.
The Manning government had been severely criticised by Trinidad and Tobago nationals for giving assistance to Caribbean countries especially in non-emergency situations.
Persad-Bissessar said it was St Vincent Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves who reported to her that that island was devastated. He revealed that over 600 homes were completely destroyed, infrastructure damaged and the agricultural sector ravaged, she said. "The Prime Minister indicated that not a plantain or banana tree was standing," Persad-Bissessar added.
She said Barbados and St Lucia were doing a needs assessment and Gonsalves had indicated that he would do something in writing when that country conducts its needs assessment.
She said the Government had already mobilised through the Minister of Local Government, two containers of foodstuff, and it would make a decision where to send it but "certainly to St Vincent".
Noting that the news suggested that the storm was heading to Haiti, she said it was tragic since Haiti was pounded in so many ways. She said if this is the case, Government would have to consider assistance to Haiti again. "But it would do nothing unless the Cabinet discusses it and the Leader of the Opposition is consulted," she stressed.

Look like she learning from Jack.

She prepared to squeeze some balls too  :devil:

But she need to be careful because if something like that happen to T&T we have bigger balls that could get squeeze

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »

I finally got an email from my friend in St. Lucia.  She is fine and so is her family. She said there was a lot landslides and and flooding in the area where she lives but she managed to escape the destruction....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »

I finally got an email from my friend in St. Lucia.  She is fine and so is her family. She said there was a lot landslides and and flooding in the area where she lives but she managed to escape the destruction....

Tell her u know a contractor who could help her clear d mud. U will get her a good price.

1]; } ?>