March 28, 2024, 07:24:27 AM

Author Topic: Sancho arms St Augustine with self confidence.  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sancho arms St Augustine with self confidence.
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:03:09 AM »
Sancho arms St Augustine with self confidence.
By: Nicholas Clarke (T&T Guardian).

Reigning Secondary Schools Football League East Zone champions St Augustine Secondary were treated to a visit by former T&T defender Brent Sancho during a ceremony held in their honour at the Carib Brewery on Eastern Main Road, Champs Fleurs, yesterday.

Sponsored by Malta Carib, the defending Big Five champions have qualified for this year’s final and will play St Anthony’s on a date to be fixed. The team will go into the game boosted by Sancho’s motivational speech, during which he encouraged the players to use their success as a stepping stone to greater things.

“You should use this achievement as a catalyst to further yourselves and recognise the ingredients that made you a championship-winning team,” he said. Like every great product, there must be a special blend of these ingredients to get a good-tasting final product.

Similarly in football, the right ingredients are paramount in making a champion team: a knowledgeable coach, dedicated and understanding parents, encouraging teachers and, of course, a well-motivated team. This truly is the stuff of champions.”

Sancho, who represented T&T in the 2006 World Cup in Germany, reminded the students not to take the moment for granted. “All the ingredients mentioned do not always come together and hence, winning championships is not easy.

That’s why it’s so important that you savour this moment and remember the sacrifices, hard work and commitment that all the members of the team put in during and before the season.”

The North East Stars CEO said he was impressed not only by the team’s accomplishments, but with the level of passion they brought out in their supporters.

“I had the pleasure of attending your first match of the season and was amazed by the support you received. If only we could drub up that same enthusiasm for our national team, we would be guaranteed to qualify in the World Cup in 2014.”

He urged the players to follow their dreams in spite of whatever challenges stood in their way. “I never really believed when I was your age playing for Trinity College and Malick that I would play in a World Cup so I urge you all to shoot for the stars.

Dreams do come true,” he said. “Just remember that all the ingredients that made you champions are there at your disposal so go out and use them to achieve your success.”

Sancho also praised Carib for their commitment to sports in T&T, particularly their investment the Green Machine and the North East Coaching School, for whom they are also a main sponsor.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho arms St Augustine with self confidence.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »
Leader. Nuff said.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline rocoply

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »
didn't sancho play for st. anthony's ???

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »

He played for Trinity and Malick

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »

He played for Trinity and Malick

Dookie???

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 06:55:53 AM »
This ella impressing me more and more ...a fine leader he is proving to be ...and he has gotten results already with his team ...in the first season !! no wonder Jack has blacklisted him ...he is a threat !
Well educated. intelligemnt not afraid to speak out ....hmmmnn
..with the staff at the TTFF ...I wudda black list him too !! :devil:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:43:34 AM »
“You should use this achievement as a catalyst to further yourselves and recognise the ingredients that made you a championship-winning team,” he said. Like every great product, there must be a special blend of these ingredients to get a good-tasting final product.

Similarly in football, the right ingredients are paramount in making a champion team: a knowledgeable coach, dedicated and understanding parents, encouraging teachers and, of course, a well-motivated team. This truly is the stuff of champions.”

“All the ingredients mentioned do not always come together and hence, winning championships is not easy.

That’s why it’s so important that you savour this moment and remember the sacrifices, hard work and commitment that all the members of the team put in during and before the season.”

“I had the pleasure of attending your first match of the season and was amazed by the support you received. If only we could drub up that same enthusiasm for our national team, we would be guaranteed to qualify in the World Cup in 2014.”

“I never really believed when I was your age playing for Trinity College and Malick that I would play in a World Cup so I urge you all to shoot for the stars.

Dreams do come true,” he said. “Just remember that all the ingredients that made you champions are there at your disposal so go out and use them to achieve your success.”

:beermug:  :thumbsup:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 07:57:06 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>