July 24, 2024, 12:37:11 AM

Author Topic: Sped up of haters.  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sped up of haters.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 05:34:29 AM »
Ms Sugar.....I crawl out of the proverbial hole when baited by those who misconstrue the opportunity to be a journalist with the ability to be journalist.

For now I will ignore the obvious, and many literary and granular inefficiencies in Mr Liburd's grammatical utterance, and instead focus on the content of it.

That anyone who claims to be a sports writer for 15 years and still espouses such a complete lack of understanding of the basic tenets of football, is beyond me.

To say, much less print, that Theobald is good at short and 20 yard passes shows a high level of sporting ignorance. A previous poster put it well in saying that 20 yards is just about the size of the penalty area....is that Theobald's range? Of what benefit is a midfielder who is neither a goal scoring threat or a defensive asset and passing range doesnt extend beyond the length of the penalty box?

Theobald is not even a mediocre player. To grant him that title would be flattering his football abilities.

He was allowed the WC appearances as the token local, not due to any of his footballing qualities. Let us not fool ourselves.

His continued presence on the national teams is part of the syndrome that affects our footballing culture. It is obviously leading to the detriment of it.

Wake up Lasana.....I posted a long time ago that the beauty of the english language is that it always reveals those who are not intimate with its intricacies. It also proves true for the sports writers and the sports they write on....

WOW!! :o :o  All ah dat to say nutten??!!  The talent it takes to do that, I'm impressed..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 09:05:25 AM »
Ms Sugar.....I crawl out of the proverbial hole when baited by those who misconstrue the opportunity to be a journalist with the ability to be journalist.

For now I will ignore the obvious, and many literary and granular inefficiencies in Mr Liburd's grammatical utterance, and instead focus on the content of it.

That anyone who claims to be a sports writer for 15 years and still espouses such a complete lack of understanding of the basic tenets of football, is beyond me.

To say, much less print, that Theobald is good at short and 20 yard passes shows a high level of sporting ignorance. A previous poster put it well in saying that 20 yards is just about the size of the penalty area....is that Theobald's range? Of what benefit is a midfielder who is neither a goal scoring threat or a defensive asset and passing range doesnt extend beyond the length of the penalty box?

Theobald is not even a mediocre player. To grant him that title would be flattering his football abilities.

He was allowed the WC appearances as the token local, not due to any of his footballing qualities. Let us not fool ourselves.

His continued presence on the national teams is part of the syndrome that affects our footballing culture. It is obviously leading to the detriment of it.

Wake up Lasana.....I posted a long time ago that the beauty of the english language is that it always reveals those who are not intimate with its intricacies. It also proves true for the sports writers and the sports they write on....

Shoot down the message or the messenger, not both. Anything else and it resembles a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, William ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 09:35:31 AM »

Dude, eh, yuh coasing on Liburd about eh knowing wah he talk about and you talking rel tata. Yuh see de point Liburd making he support he case rel good. Is you who eh unnastan de game. Liburd show ah deeper insite intuh de game dan you apparently cyar get.

Bleeder is de kinna player who can help de team transition effectively. He is ah proper CM. He could keep de ball and make ah simple pass tuh anudder player helping tuh keep posession. Spain and Barcelona boat hah short passers (tuh keep posession and tuh switch play troo. Same wit almost every top team. Bleeder is de player yuh fine when yuh team win de ball back, giving udder player ah chance tuh geh up de field tuh start ah attack.

Doh play yuh pappy showing man an you eh sure yuhself.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 10:03:27 AM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm a Densil fan but I think he is a decent player who takes a lot of stick from fans. He might win some more fans if he had a second or third gear.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »
Sped up of haters.

Is it just me or is anybody else confused by de title of this thread?

I not raggin on Flex eh.  I assumin is Lasana article and therefore his title.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »
Excellent piece, I agree about his passing.

He can pass the ball for sure, but overall he needs to be a more balance player and consistent.

I saw him a few times lighting up de league and then cold in de next 3 games.

If he can master the above two, he will be a main player on the T&T side.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »
Sped up of haters.

A lame word play on the title of the publication in which it was published (UWI SPED Magazine)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »
Sped up of haters.

A lame word play on the title of the publication in which it was published (UWI SPED Magazine)

OK.....had no clue bout SPED.  Thanks for the enlightenment.

Wit regards to Theobald, I THINK Lasana tryin to compare what Theobald does with what Xavi does for Barca.

Xavi completes a tremendous amount of passes per game for Barca and most of them are short 5 yard passes.  But his completion rate is extraordinary and he's the focal point for Barca in their transition from defence to offence.

Xavi receives the ball from the back line and his short passes and movement into space allow the team to move forward or back as one.  This is essential for the way Barca plays.

Theobald CAN pass the ball and he CAN make short passes.  But he offers little movement.  He doesn't appear to understand spacing.  He cannot tackle.  He does not get into forward positions.  In fact, he plays mostly in one area of the field....just beyond his penalty area and behind the half line in the middle of the field. 

In other words, he's playing a defensive midfield position.....

EXCEPT

He doesn't tackle or more precisely, when he tries to tackle, he's easily manhandled off the ball because he's too weak.  He's not a ball winner.  He puts the opposition under no pressure.  He needs time and space to be effective and time and space are a precious commodity in today's international football.

So essentially you have a player whose forte is to make short passes and little else.  In a team of skilled midfield players, he MIGHT be able to get by and be useful.  In a current T&T national team, it's no wonder that he cannot command a starting place.  He has technical ability but little else.  If he had a bit of athleticism, he could be useful.  As it is, his most important role on the team is to be a cheerleader.

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »
Sped up of haters.

Wit regards to Theobald, I THINK Lasana tryin to compare what Theobald does with what Xavi does for Barca.

Xavi completes a tremendous amount of passes per game for Barca and most of them are short 5 yard passes.  But his completion rate is extraordinary and he's the focal point for Barca in their transition from defence to offence.

Xavi receives the ball from the back line and his short passes and movement into space allow the team to move forward or back as one.  This is essential for the way Barca plays.

Theobald CAN pass the ball and he CAN make short passes.  But he offers little movement.  He doesn't appear to understand spacing.  He cannot tackle.  He does not get into forward positions.  In fact, he plays mostly in one area of the field....just beyond his penalty area and behind the half line in the middle of the field. 

EXCEPT

He doesn't tackle or more precisely, when he tries to tackle, he's easily manhandled off the ball because he's too weak.  He's not a ball winner.  He puts the opposition under no pressure.  He needs time and space to be effective and time and space are a precious commodity in today's international football.

So essentially you have a player whose forte is to make short passes and little else.  In a team of skilled midfield players, he MIGHT be able to get by and be useful.  In a current T&T national team, it's no wonder that he cannot command a starting place.  He has technical ability but little else.  If he had a bit of athleticism, he could be useful.  As it is, his most important role on the team is to be a cheerleader.

No where did Lasana try to comapre Bleeder to any other plyer.  He aid the man lacks mobility and is not agoal scoring threat, he said he is a skilled passer..everything else is your interpretation, Lasana also said the man is not a good tackler, in essence you agree with Lasana...so take the THINK out of the equation.

thanks

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »
Sped up of haters.

EXCEPT

No where did Lasana try to comapre Bleeder to any other plyer.  He aid the man lacks mobility and is not agoal scoring threat, he said he is a skilled passer..everything else is your interpretation, Lasana also said the man is not a good tackler, in essence you agree with Lasana...so take the THINK out of the equation.

thanks

No I don't agree with Lasana.  And I'm entitled to my interpretation so I doh have to take "think" anywhere thanks.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
EXCEPT

Palos, you point is well taken.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:18 PM »
He needs time and space to be effective and time and space are a precious commodity in today's international football.

Agree fully with this. Not a bad player but out of his depth at international level when he doesn't have time and space. Disagree with the "great passer" tag, but then again, maybe what constitutes a great passer for me is something else than for Lasana. When I think great passer I think Scholes, Veron, Beckham - men who could put a ball on your foot, chest, head from anywhere. Or a player like Fabregas who picks the right pass to open up defenses. Imo, Theobald neither has range nor high percentage of completion nor the creativity to be considered a great passer. He may try to play the way Xavi does for Barcelona, but trying and succeeding are two different things. After all I try to play like Rui Costa  ;D  If you want to say that he has good intent and tries to make intelligent and simple plays, that's one thing. But a good/great passer? We being too generous with that one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:53:16 PM by dwn »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
He needs time and space to be effective and time and space are a precious commodity in today's international football.

Agree fully with this. Not a bad player but out of his depth at international level when he doesn't have time and space. Disagree with the "great passer" tag, but then again, maybe what constitutes a great passer for me is something else than for Lasana. When I think great passer I think Scholes, Veron, Beckham - men who could put a ball on your foot, chest, head from anywhere. Or a player like Fabregas who picks the right pass to open up defenses. Imo, Theobald neither has range nor high percentage of completion nor the creativity to be considered a great passer. He may try to play the way Xavi does for Barcelona, but trying and succeeding are two different things. After all I try to play like Rui Costa  ;D  If you want to say that he has good intent and tries to make intelligent and simple plays, that's one thing. But a good/great passer? We being too generous with that one.
U does still try to play like Rui Costa boy? lol

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
brill
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
Hello. Actually, regarding the heading "Sped Up", it is not a word play by the writer but the name of a column designed by UWI SPEC.
Writers are invited to write on a topic that they are "Sped Up" about. Hope that helps clear up that point.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »
Theobald is a good side to side passer at best. Switching plays....given enough time he has proven to be proficient at if not superb.

My biggest problem with Theobald is his strength ( to easily bundled off the ball) and his inabilitiy to make truly effective forward passes.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>