April 28, 2024, 08:27:10 PM

Author Topic: USA Nike Ad QUOTE: less than 20 years ago MICROSCOPIC ISLANDS laughed at us!!!  (Read 6721 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
last night ah man in america ash me if the winner of the mls does go to the world cup :rotfl:

Oh gawwddd!!!.... ah nearly spit out meh pepsi on meh keyboard...

That remind meh ah de time me and ah co-worker talking champions league and ah next fella fall in de talk and like he wanna be cool too....

My boy jump up and say, "so if Barcelona wins they go to the World Cup right?"

The look on meh next co-worker KJ face was de best  :rotfl: He give him ah slow turn and den he turn he face to de side like ah confused pothound

It had ah good few seconds of... "amm... what... ok... huh?" :-\ ???
Then we jus play like we had to go back to work and done de talk

:rotfl: :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Them Americans could say what the fack they want. They can't get respect from me ....far less Brazil, England ....... until they learn the name of the facking game they playing. Brazil doh play it ..... England France Germany ...... and all the other countries of the world doh play no facking SOCCER.

FOOTBALL all the way.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
FF.  Ah does have a hard time not bursting out in laughter in the face of such innocent ignorance.  But it goes to show how much educating the American public needs beofore we can call them a knowledgeable soccer public.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Americans have difficulty understanding that there are more than one tournament for football.  It would be nice to say that they just lack exposure but i tink dotishness is closer to the truth.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football is not their culture.
Football is culture when your whole country shuts down to watch a critical match. You cah claim it as your culture when less than 1% of your population knows that your team exists

Football has a ways to go in the US before it really makes a mark on the professional sports landscape as a whole....but your idea of culture is limited pardnah...and your numbers real off...less than 1%? I guarantee you that much more then 2 million people in the US love and follow soccer.

at a grass roots level, US putting more time, money and energy into  their youth programs at all levels. The number of youth's that play organized soccer is astounding and that is culture too. When the US men's and women's national team play they have a healthy US following. Look on TV and you will find greater coverage of their own leagues than many countries...you getting college ball, A-league, US Cup, MLS, women's national team, youth teams. It is part of many American's culture and in many ways a greater part of US culture than other country's that may claim football is their culture (read...TnT)

I was just exaggerating about the 1% but you  know what I was talking about.
At work I couldn't find one person who even knew about what was going on with the US WC qualifiers. Doh tell me that football is in their culture. You think you can go to Brazil or Italy and have that happen. I am interested in hearing you ideas on footballing culture. My idea of culture is something that is inherrent, and represents a cumulation of all your history. Something that, if not the entire nation, a large proportion of the nation believes in. Basketball, Baseball and American Football are far more a part of their culture than football.
Please enlighten me with your "broad" idea of culture.
This set a spendin of money on the youth etc.. that you talking about is really throwing money and trying to force something that takes time to develop. You can't buy a culture.

PS if you so strict into numbers 1% of the US population would be a lot closer to 3 million than 2.
Freddy Adu their great Footballing Hope is a foreigner who probably lie on his birth certificate.
I look forward to your reply.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 08:53:01 AM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The problem here is that they like too much hype. Yeah they have a lot of money to spend but they like theyself too much.

Anytime you watch a MLS game the commentators talking like they playing world class football. Bullshit! They can't even beat Jabloteh. They'll go and beat ah understrength shit-squad like Fullham and think they good only to get humiliated by Real Madrid.

They take Freddie Adu who has good footskills but no brain for the game and make him out to be the next Pele. So they do ah tiefhead and tell him stay here, make him the highest paid player in the MLS, now he barely starting or scoring goals for ah MLS team. But he is still ah prodigy right????. He wasn't even among the top 10 players in the U-20 WC. In fact he wasn't even the best on his team.
Also, Landon Donnovan is an unambitious underachiever.

Too much hype. Let them win something first. For a country with 250 million people and loads of money they have nothing to boast about yet.
TnT Patriot

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: USA Nike Ad QUOTE: less than 20 years ago MICROSCOPIC ISLANDS laughed at u
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 01:34:09 PM »
A guy in barcelona won a car in a game show and when he get it he start to kick it up and rant and shouting that they insulting him .............why....................cause the car was white !

now that is passion !

That sound kinda dottish to me. Why he just ent paint it Barca colors?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 01:40:29 PM »
A guy in barcelona won a car in a game show and when he get it he start to kick it up and rant and shouting that they insulting him .............why....................cause the car was white !

now that is passion !

That sound kinda dottish to me. Why he just ent paint it Barca colors?

Because thais how serious dey is when it come to football... we in Trinidad cyah understand dat...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline USgalWARRIORbf

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Greetings.  Im an American woman who played soccer/football in highschool.  I have friends from Trinidad and Tobago, so i have been watching alot of the games supporting the warriors.  So greetings to all of yall and good luck with with Bahrain.  Im pretty confident that you all will win.

introduction done, let me get to my point.  some of yall are talking outrageously about US football. For example:

Them Americans could say what the fack they want. They can't get respect from me ....far less Brazil, England ....... until they learn the name of the facking game they playing. Brazil doh play it ..... England France Germany ...... and all the other countries of the world doh play no facking SOCCER.

FOOTBALL all the way.

WHATEVER.  call it soccer, football, right now the US is better at it than the socawarriors  mr. Cowen, so we should atleast get your respect on that fact alone.  yes, FACT!  We have qualified already, and yall might not do so... get your perspective right.   Believe me, i can understand the frustration that must come along with watching the US excell at a sport that is relatively new to us and that is still growing.  especially when football is much more of an institution in other countries.  Again, i understand the frustration, but please dont intermingle 1989 bitterness with present day conversations.

so before anyone wanna say anything else know that yall have my full 100% support in the upcoming game.  I've been cheering for the Soca Warriors just as hard as Ive been cheering for the USA.  some of yall are talkin REAL breezy right now tho.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

now that is passion !

That's fanaticism.......and it's not always admirable.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
...and all the other countries of the world doh play no facking SOCCER.

FOOTBALL all the way.

The men have another sport that they already call football and soccer is an accepted alternate name for football, that originated with the English FA. It is not like they made up the word just to piss people off or disrespect the sport.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2005, 05:38:12 PM »
Greetings.  Im an American woman who played soccer/football in highschool.  I have friends from Trinidad and Tobago, so i have been watching alot of the games supporting the warriors. So greetings to all of yall and good luck with with Bahrain.  Im pretty confident that you all will win.

introduction done

thanks but no thanks miss lady, you don't need to be mingling with us small fries my dear.  we are a mere 1.3 million people livin  on a small pair of islands.  people with global significance such as yourself - representative of a top ten team (not to mention superpower nation with 32 cities more populous than our entire nation and over 200 times our population....neraly a million times our land area) surely have bigger fish to fry. no?  find a French website to torment (you guys still don't like the french right?)  Tell them you all qualify long before them.  alrgiht dear?
haul yuh mud erz khunt (means goodbye) in native trinidadianese)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2005, 05:39:58 PM »
Greetings.  Im an American woman who played soccer/football in highschool.  I have friends from Trinidad and Tobago, so i have been watching alot of the games supporting the warriors. So greetings to all of yall and good luck with with Bahrain.  Im pretty confident that you all will win.

introduction done

thanks but no thanks miss lady, you don't need to be mingling with us small fries my dear.  we are a mere 1.3 million people livin  on a small pair of islands.  people with global significance such as yourself - representative of a top ten team (not to mention superpower nation with 32 cities more populous than our entire nation and over 200 times our population....neraly a million times our land area) surely have bigger fish to fry. no?  find a French website to torment (you guys still don't like the french right?)  Tell them you all qualify long before them.  alrgiht dear?
haul yuh mud erz khunt (means goodbye) in native trinidadianese)

BOUNTY KILLER FOR PRESIDENT

ME AND YOU COULD BE GOOD GOOD FRIENDS ONE DAY :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yes that why  they call us MICROSCOPIC  ISLANDS IN THE ADD  BOUTNY KILLER
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 09:52:56 PM »

some of yall are talking outrageously about US football

call it soccer, football, right now the US is better at it than the socawarriors 

We have qualified already, and yall might not do so

oh, do pardon my deplorable manners miss lady, I spoke when I was not spiken to?
Greetings.  Im an American

So greetings to all of yall

gun from4 kinghair (that's how we natives say - we realise you are  a very polite lady and we do sincerely hope you have a pleasant good night) and
haul yuh mud erz khunt (which I already mentioned means goodbye in native trinidadianese)

on behalf of all the board members we thank you for gracing us with your most top ten - uous presence

any others would like to bestow some local, traditional greetings on our newest member to the socawarriors website from the U.S of A?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
yes let we bull nah (it means have ah pleasent evening)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:55:01 PM by morvantman »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Greetings.  Im an American woman who played soccer/football in highschool.  I have friends from Trinidad and Tobago, so i have been watching alot of the games supporting the warriors.  So greetings to all of yall and good luck with with Bahrain.  Im pretty confident that you all will win.

introduction done, let me get to my point.  some of yall are talking outrageously about US football. For example:

FOOTBALL all the way.

WHATEVER.  call it soccer, football, right now the US is better at it than the socawarriors  mr. Cowen, so we should atleast get your respect on that fact alone.  yes, FACT!  We have qualified already, and yall might not do so... get your perspective right.   Believe me, i can understand the frustration that must come along with watching the US excell at a sport that is relatively new to us and that is still growing.  especially when football is much more of an institution in other countries.  Again, i understand the frustration, but please dont intermingle 1989 bitterness with present day conversations.

so before anyone wanna say anything else know that yall have my full 100% support in the upcoming game.  I've been cheering for the Soca Warriors just as hard as Ive been cheering for the USA.  some of yall are talkin REAL breezy right now tho.

USgal.........thanks for the support.....About Trini ignorance to U.S. soccer, don't take it seriously. Ever since the U.S. beat us in '89, we hold a strong sporting grudge (me included) that will never die..........but it's healthy.......

Alotta people also don't understand that soccer is a word derived from association football - the FIFA official name of the sport, and we Trinis like to crack jokes......so if you talk some sh*t, especially about the U.S. being better than us..... we won't hold back....Yuh get what you give here....especially now that emotions are on high.......

Thanks again for the support...... but watch yuh mouth........man or woman, any hint of anti-warriors vibe is fair game for licks........
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:34:12 PM by kicker »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
usgalwarrior, doh worry with de rest of dem fellas an dey chuppidness.
I is of dougla coloration, 6ft 2 ins, middle age, pass high school diploma, like fishing, playing SOCCER,reading comic books an ressing iron on woman.
I am also single and looking fuh ah green card, so lets get together and you could grant me my wish. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Wait nuh dis is not a dating site ??? ??? ??? ???
Still if yuh feel yuh up to it  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I was just exaggerating about the 1% but you  know what I was talking about.
At work I couldn't find one person who even knew about what was going on with the US WC qualifiers. Doh tell me that football is in their culture. You think you can go to Brazil or Italy and have that happen. I am interested in hearing you ideas on footballing culture. My idea of culture is something that is inherrent, and represents a cumulation of all your history. Something that, if not the entire nation, a large proportion of the nation believes in. Basketball, Baseball and American Football are far more a part of their culture than football.
Please enlighten me with your "broad" idea of culture.
This set a spendin of money on the youth etc.. that you talking about is really throwing money and trying to force something that takes time to develop. You can't buy a culture.

PS if you so strict into numbers 1% of the US population would be a lot closer to 3 million than 2.
Freddy Adu their great Footballing Hope is a foreigner who probably lie on his birth certificate.
I look forward to your reply.

Everyone knows that soccer culture in the U.S. doesn't compare to S.America & Europe. No need to state the obvious. The point that filho was trying to make is that people are failing to see the bigger picture. U.S. being successful at soccer is good for the region, and we should encourage it and embrace it. Everyone is over-sensitive about the ad, because they referred to us as microscopic islands............and therefore are going off on all kinda tangents, and expressing ignorance about U.S. soccer as a mere cover-up for our own insecurity. The U.S. needs propoganda and hype to market their game......How esle are they gonna gain national interest in the game ??...... ?? They do the same for baseball and foobtall and basketball..and those are institutions in their culture...that is the nature of this society...you live here too Marcos, so you should know that.....I don't see what's the big deal ??

Soccer is growing as a part of the U.S. culture more than we choose to realize (another point that he was making), and the more we choose to ignore it, and refuse to embrace it, the further we're just gonna fall behind and keep wondering why. Imagine if the U.S becomes a powerhouse in football..with our close proximity to the continent, and access to their education system- imagine the number of young kids we have in U.S. Colleges that would be able to compete for spots on domestic teams here in the States.....how could that be a bad thing ?......

So forget being over-sensitive about the microscopic island comment, forget about fishing to find reasons why we should discredit the U.S. soccer hype. That serves us no good. In fact it makes us look stupid because the same U.S. has been cutting our ass at the game for as long as any of us can remember....

We should instead think big picture and study how we could get in on it, take a piece of the pie and then use it to come back and beat the same U.S................
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 09:17:39 AM by kicker »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 One of my 'companions' in school talk about T&T like is some kinda Backward place..I get so vex..I really coulda hit this man ..the man doh know nothing about T&T but he feel just because we small we is nothing...He say Mexico doh deserve to be in the top ten cause they does only beat small islands...This guy from ecuador...I tell him player for player we are better than plenty teams but is only because we didn't have a high quality coach (like we have now ) we wasn't performing...In my mind we could beat team like ecuador....he is one a them assholes that wouldn't have said anything if guatemala had qualify instead of us...he talk some shit bout how ppl say Mexico give away the match...He didn't want to say that was his view (although he didn't watch the match) because he know how I woulda get on like a Asshole.. He also said fifa rankings are flawed...WATCH nah this f*ckin man say all types a shit...I just want us to beat Bahrain, qualify for the World Cup, play friendlies against high-ranked opposition before the World Cup, and F*cking go Germany and beat ppl...Go T&T !!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I didn't even see d ad kicker. I wasn't referring to it. I was just responding to Filho's comment that my idea of culture was lil narrow and that my numbers were lil off.
I happy with all d US doing for football. I just think they real forcing it.

If they call us "microscopic islands", we should be proud that such "microscopic islands" are on the verge of qualifying for the WC.

Question:
If we were to qualify, would we be the smallest nation (population wise) to have ever done so?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I didn't even see d ad kicker. I wasn't referring to it. I was just responding to Filho's comment that my idea of culture was lil narrow and that my numbers were lil off.
I happy with all d US doing for football. I just think they real forcing it.

If they call us "microscopic islands", we should be proud that such "microscopic islands" are on the verge of qualifying for the WC.

Question:
If we were to qualify, would we be the smallest nation (population wise) to have ever done so?

I think we'd be the smallest........ask Tallman....

I wouldn't say that your idea of culture was narrow, but it was too "black and white".....Saying that U.S. soccer is part of their culture doesn't automatically warrant a comparison to Brazil.....it's relative......people who follow soccer in the States, children who play it, their parents, the people who go to MLS games, the fans who fill up the stadium for US qualifiers etc...... (relatively small cult following)....are part of the American culture, and they have the right to consider soccer part of their culture......... so by saying that it's not part of the culture in such a black and white manner, you're ignoring a sector of the population, regardless of whether it's the size of Brazil's following..or Italy's following etc.......ya see wha ah sayin' ?

People see some propaganda on the ad and start to fuss up one time.......

I see that ad, and all I see is an ad...........small ting in my opinion
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 11:07:24 AM by kicker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Smallest country in World Cup
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2005, 11:51:47 AM »
Yes. So far, the smallest country (population wise) to participate in the World Cup is Slovenia.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good info tallest
U could be a stat man on a Trini version of PTI

1]; } ?>