April 26, 2024, 03:19:36 PM

Author Topic: If I was national youth coach  (Read 2290 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If I was national youth coach
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
Yeah well somebody had to say it ...we have so many experts here . I eh fraid to say what I would do.

I would ask for the under 12 team ...I would ask to take them to Spain on a two week tour during the easter vacation ( no missing school ) .

we going to the villareal training academy ...one of the best in the country where the best players in the world play...we will be able to get in some coaching drills with the villareal youth team , observe their methods and play against their youth squads... infantil A . ( the Vice President of FIFA is trinidadian)

Then I would arrange for bus tours to the bernabeau, camp Nou etc...there I would teach them the biggest lesson of all ..

....this is it boys ...this is the mecca of world football ....you are walking here now as guest ...visitor. You can walk here later as player !

If you want to do that  it would not be easy ...you will have to eat sleep and breathe football outside of your school work ...Do you want to be a player on any of these team ???

Look Messi practicing ...you see how he trains ? ...look at Ronaldo ...is just like a match dem fellas playing ... look at the trophies they have won ..... everyone wants to come here .

It is not impossible ...Dwight Yorke had a dream and he worker hard to fullfill that dream ..and it came to pass that Manchester united broke their transfer record to get him !12 .6 million pounds ...that is 126 million TT$ .

If you want this life you will have to make sacrifices ...but it can be yours ...and the journey starts now !!

when I come back home i challenging any team in the caribbean !
this anecdote .....which could happen if the right person reads this  Ha ha ha , ... is based on the fact that our young footballers must see it, touch it and get a taste of it before it can become real to them ....they must be allowed to dream ...

that imaginary group of players would not have training sessions like I have seen in de national stadium from de seniors prior to the Chile game ( I am being specific )

I wanted my son to go to QRC after SEA ...I would pass around the savannah and tell him ...you see that school ? that is your school !! So if you want to go there ...you will have to work hard !

A youth coach has to be father, brother, mother and coach ...it is not the same as for adults ... By the time they are in their 20's its already too late ......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If I was national youth coach
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »
I know you smoke somting!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 03:08:06 PM »

From de time he say Villareal

and best in de same sentence  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »
I wish it were that easy :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »
Nice idea boss. You never know Jack might read this and take credit for it ;-)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 03:26:16 PM »
Nice idea boss. You never know Jack might read this and take credit for it ;-)

Or yuh might see it next week in one of the local newspapers. :devil:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »

this anecdote .....which could happen if the right person reads this  Ha ha ha , ... is based on the fact that our young footballers must see it, touch it and get a taste of it before it can become real to them ....they must be allowed to dream ...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »
yuh find Shabazz plan better huh ?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 06:26:55 PM »
All visionaries dream. . ."Without a vision the Football Program perish"

Good stuff
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:29:42 PM »
I wish it were that easy :beermug:

It only hard if there is no plan ... simple ...go to the mecca ..look at what they are doing .....then adopt and adapt . that eh de whole plan you know that is just step 1...motivation ..

.it have some trips to Argentina there later ...after all they have won more youth titles than anyone else ... they must know what they are about ...

this group prepared scientifically and systematically will influence college football because they will go back to play for their colleges ..

I could go on ..but its only a dream ...I eh interested ...was there before ...will not go back there under present conditions ....I eh taking no Jack send meh when I training a team again !!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »

Not really. The only way that happening is if you bring out your own team. And have a structure from seniors to U10. Your money, your stadium, your practice fields. Don't ask ttff for no favours. Is you and you alone. Now, You have plenty money??????

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 07:34:02 PM »

Not really. The only way that happening is if you bring out your own team. And have a structure from seniors to U10. Your money, your stadium, your practice fields. Don't ask ttff for no favours. Is you and you alone. Now, You have plenty money??????

ha ha ha ...I dont have the money but I have the dream...  could you imagine the effect a trip  like the one I described  would have on a 12 year old boy ?  especially from a poor family ? which is where the majority of the talent comes from ...this life would be an alternative to what he us seeing locally .... is bling and running from police ...and plenty funerals to go to ...all before the age of 21 .
Imagine fellas ...I saw messi ...I saw the big stadium ...I saw a game in de camp nou ...I realised that I just as good as the 12 year old in spain .... i even better than some of dem ..
man plenty intercol coaches go be asking dem yutes ...you really went dey boY ..de does do anything different to what we does do here ?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »
From The Gleaner: Under-17 Reggae Boyz set for Brazil training camp
Wednesday | November 3, 2010

In a bid to ensure that the National Under-17 team is fully prepared for next February's CONCACAF Under-17 Championship, which will be staged here in Jamaica, the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) will be sending the squad to Brazil for a 20-day training camp.

"After seeing the boys in Sunday's first game against Canada at Jarrett Park, we were not satisfied with the way they played," said JFF boss Captain Burrell.

"I immediately made contact with my Brazilian counterpart and arranged the training camp."

According to Burrell, the 30-member delegation, which will comprise of players, JFF officials and at least one tutor, is set to depart the island on December 15 and will return to Jamaica on January 4. During their time in Brazil, emphasis will be placed on the physical and tactical fine-tuning of the players."We are looking to play at least eight practice games in Brazil," added Burrell.

"The idea is to have the team sharp and ready when the CONCACAF tournament starts."

As the camp coincides with the final week of the Christmas term, Burrell said discussions will be held with the Inter-Secondary School Sports Association (ISSA) to formulate a plan to ensure that the players' academic needs are also addressed.

"We would like to have at least two tutors going along with the players," stated Captain Burrell.

"We will be discussing the matter with ISSA with a view to getting their input
."

Recognising that the venture will be a costly one, Burrell said the JFF will be turning to corporate Jamaica for assistance.

"If we expect to get the desired results out of our players, we need to invest in their development," Burrell said.

Following yesterday's second game, which the local team won 1-0 against Canada, their head coach Wendell Downswell said the coaching staff is still seeking to recruit new players as there is a shortage of good players in some key positions.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 06:22:45 AM »
From The Gleaner: Under-17 Reggae Boyz set for Brazil training camp
Wednesday | November 3, 2010

In a bid to ensure that the National Under-17 team is fully prepared for next February's CONCACAF Under-17 Championship, which will be staged here in Jamaica, the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) will be sending the squad to Brazil for a 20-day training camp.

"After seeing the boys in Sunday's first game against Canada at Jarrett Park, we were not satisfied with the way they played," said JFF boss Captain Burrell.

"I immediately made contact with my Brazilian counterpart and arranged the training camp."

According to Burrell, the 30-member delegation, which will comprise of players, JFF officials and at least one tutor, is set to depart the island on December 15 and will return to Jamaica on January 4. During their time in Brazil, emphasis will be placed on the physical and tactical fine-tuning of the players."We are looking to play at least eight practice games in Brazil," added Burrell.

"The idea is to have the team sharp and ready when the CONCACAF tournament starts."

As the camp coincides with the final week of the Christmas term, Burrell said discussions will be held with the Inter-Secondary School Sports Association (ISSA) to formulate a plan to ensure that the players' academic needs are also addressed.

"We would like to have at least two tutors going along with the players," stated Captain Burrell.

"We will be discussing the matter with ISSA with a view to getting their input
."

Recognising that the venture will be a costly one, Burrell said the JFF will be turning to corporate Jamaica for assistance.

"If we expect to get the desired results out of our players, we need to invest in their development," Burrell said.

Following yesterday's second game, which the local team won 1-0 against Canada, their head coach Wendell Downswell said the coaching staff is still seeking to recruit new players as there is a shortage of good players in some key positions.

there you go ...

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »
how would you select the players to take on the tour.

how are you arriving at a national under 12 team?

how do you look at an 11 year old and determine that this player will be a profesional soccer player

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 09:45:01 AM »
how would you select the players to take on the tour.

how are you arriving at a national under 12 team?

how do you look at an 11 year old and determine that this player will be a profesional soccer player

You select players by attending primary school competitions, minor leagues and by having zonal trials for players....you will also have selected scouts with a common vision looking for players ...we are looking for players who are well coordinated, sharp, quick feet etc....  who we can train to bring out their full potential ...some may continue with the programme others may not ...but an attitude change is what you are looking to foster so it can spread when they go back to their communities, schools etc. so even the ones who dont make it all the way will benefit and be able to benefit their peers at least with regard to attitude .

At that age you cant say for sure who will go all the way ...similar to an athlete in any sport ...some come to hand quickly ..others later ...Hasley was a late developer and none has so far done what he has done.

It does not mean players cant come in to replace others it happens all the time ...thing is who would want to leave ??? ...and that makes it attractive ...when you are in you and your parents will do everything to stay in ...when you are out you will do what it takes to get in ...that is another attitude change ...is not a sweat you going for when you get a call to national training .

I remember watching a brazilian national youth team game and the brazilian right back made a mistake and let an opponent through alone to the goal ...the young man fell to his knees and his teammates had to console him ..telling him the player did not score ...but you should have seen him ....... he was so distraught ...
You know why ?

well he knew that there were probably 100,000 players of his age eying his position and if he got replaced, chances are he would not get another shot .

Now i am answering some questions but I am sure there are many more forumites who can improve on some of these suggestions I am making ....I read some of the comments here and I know that for sure.

So I am saying since 2005/2006 I think it was when this forum started we have criticized the coaches, selectors, jack etc...why dont we prepare a plan based on constructive proposals where we can all criticize and contribute to it and have someone who is connected to the TTFF present it and a panel be ready to field questions ?

If we really scrub it out here ..and we have some good washermen here ..we should easily get a panel to defend it ..
Then I say this forum will have a greater purpose ...fun, picong etc. but a developmental plan in test ...which the present administration seem to need at this time.

Just my contribution and suggestion

I believe even Palos could contribute something constructive to this ... :devil: ( ah waiting on de clash pardner ...this month !! )

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
Two four year plans ..first to prepare for under 17 tournament ...second to prepare for under 20 tournament ...boys go pick up spanish and portuguese along de way !! It eh hard to move around with 12 year olds,  parents will help ...venezuela will be the testing ground for improvements ...they have a very good youth development programme ... they have coaches from argentina, uruguay, brazil etc. coaching youth teams in venezuela .... it eh hard ...just need a vision and a hammer !

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Two four year plans ..first to prepare for under 17 tournament ...second to prepare for under 20 tournament ...boys go pick up spanish and portuguese along de way !! It eh hard to move around with 12 year olds,  parents will help ...venezuela will be the testing ground for improvements ...they have a very good youth development programme ... they have coaches from argentina, uruguay, brazil etc. coaching youth teams in venezuela .... it eh hard ...just need a vision and a hammer !

it eh hard ...just need a vision and a hammer !

Take you vision to Jack and then come and tell us if you still seeing 20/20.........What is the hammer for? to knock some sense into his head.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »
I believe even Palos could contribute something constructive to this ... :devil: ( ah waiting on de clash pardner ...this month !! )

;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>